the Rift

[FALLS] Are you just getting by

Reiko Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
R E I K O
The Gods seemed enraged today. Electrifying streaks covered the sky whilst a ferocious wind whipped about the mare's mane, causing her to be partially blinded as unsightly golden mane flapped across her eyes and splashed more water onto the already bedraggled pelt. Gritting her teeth, Reiko continued to plant her feet firmly upon the soft moss that gathered underfoot. She was wise enough to steer clear of the shiny obsidian rocks that were immensely slippery. Thin branches whipped about her slender bodice and flank as though engaged in a menacing game of seduction. Suppressing the urge to whimper beneath the forces of nature, the young lady would endure the crooning of the wind that threatened to suck her away into oblivion. She would not have been surprised if there had been a typhoon in the vicinity. Typhoons - yes, she had seen it once, long ago, far away and atop a hill. Reiko had beheld its sight with large, doe eyes, her young mind not yet aware of such a terror. Who controlled these forces? It was a question that she had yet to find out the answer to. The term "god" was merely a passing remark by her old pack members and she did not truly believe them, believing them to be merely a ghostly entity of superstitious minds. Right now, it was she who dared in full insolence to direct her anxiety, stress and angst towards the Gods whom she did not know personally.

Had it been a sunny day, Reiko would have lost no time in unfurling her wings and seeking shelter but she feared getting struck tonight, forcing her to keep her two appendages close to her shivering bodice with each step forward. It was after what seemed like an immensely long walk that she finally reached a breaking point that spoke of dejection and disappointment. She had been on the move for 6 months now but had not found this dream of a new land and a new herd. She had to accept it - she was nothing but a lost cause and a foolish fool to stray so far from her herd that was resolute and who were so routine. Perhaps she was an aberration after all. And here she was, thinking that the wings she had been bestowed with made her unique. Reiko seemed to accept a certain type of defeat and with head low, she sought out a small cave and crept in. Pulling her exhausted limbs into a tight formation beneath her, the tobiano mare would lie her head upon the cold hard ground and attempt to relieve herself of exhaustion while listening to the incessant thrumming of raindrops.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
Cause You gotta be bigger, be faster, be stronger
If you're gonna survive any longer

Deeper into the cave, behind the resting mare, snarled the bitch. Loretta, with her head low and jaws parted sightly, stood over her kill protectively. The malamute took a step forward, body tense and ready to attack the winged one. She had worked hard for this morsel, in the pouring rain, and would not give it up easily. The small fawn, half eaten under the white and red dog, looked out at Reiko with lifeless, black eyes. Taking another step forward, Loretta snapped her jaws with a warning bark, the sound of her jaws coming together and opening again with a fury of power echoed through the small cave.

Condensed air pushed forth from the stallion's nostrils, the cold Orangemoon rain chilling the air around the Threshold. He was not one to frequent this area, for as a General and a Warlord he had better things to do than recruit fresh blood into the Foothills. He needed to patrol, train his warriors, and speak with Ktulu. However, as the rains came and chilled his bones as did a new thought of wanderlust. And so, the Dauntless and his bitch set off to stalk the Threshold.

It seemed that Loretta had found just what they were looking for, as frantic images cloaked Archibald's mind. Loretta, a winged, paint mare, and his bitch's meal. Snorting, the Dauntless pushed off of the great tree he had been resting his shoulder against, and set his feathered hooves in motion towards the small cave. The rain soaked through his thick mane, sticking it to his thick neck. Likewise, his tail was waterlogged, tendrils of thick hair slapping against his hind legs, sending streams of the clear liquid screaming away from him. The dark coat of the general was slick, the only dry parts of him his groin and girth. Blinking golden eyes, the ex-king lowered his head some and pinned his ears back. Still paces away, enough for the mare to exit the cave, he searched the darkness.

"I fear your refuge is already taken," His voice was loud as he attempted to call to the pegasus above the sound of the crashing rain. "She will bite." Archibald finished, lifting his head again and setting his weight carefully squared on the soaked earth. Inside the cave, Loretta lurched forward, jaws snapping towards the mare's buttock, missing the muscled area by inches. If Loretta was trying to harm the mare, she easily could, but now she was merely warning.

Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Unregistered
R E I K O
The rain continued to pitter-patter outside, causing the air to rise in humidity. The slight fog that it stirred added only to the musky smell of an unwanted, foreign creature together with her in the den. Blood, and dog. Lifting her strong crown and turning over to view the very unhappy creature that was about to enjoy its meal, her expression slowly grew from weariness to amusement. "Horses don't eat meat you dumb beast." She could not help but look at it in the eye in a stern, reprimanding way, her own ebony hues meeting its own in an odd sort of calm. The current situation had already burdened her soul and at this point of time, she could have hardly cared less about the rather unladylike image that she portrayed. The tobiano mare sensed the shifting of heavy hoofs outside the den and some masculine tones lost in the crashing rain but ignored it first. Here, it was just her and the malamute. She was never a damsel in distress. Round one of the battle was to begin.

As the miserable creature lurched forward to mock-bite at her flank, the girl got up in a flash, strong hindquarters hoisting her lithe frame up instantaneously. All signs of irritation were clearly written over her features from the flared nostrils, the stamping of her hooves as she sought better footing while facing the bitch, and the whipping of her tail against her flank. With an indignant neigh, Reiko moved forward and in a somewhat buck-like pose to make up for the space constraint, brought her strong, flailing front limbs upon the wretched creature, nevermind the gory image of the dead doe beside it. She had to teach this one a lesson. Her intention was not to deal a fatal blow but to merely teach it that while it could rest peaceably inside, the space outside was already claimed by her and there at least she was entitled to rest peacefully.

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS

There were a few things in life one should not do to anger Archibald. Attacking his companion was one of them. Loretta's eyes widened as the pegasus shifted, frantic images shooting into her bondmate's mind as the mare kicked out towards her. Backpedaling, Loretta pressed herself against the right wall of the save, ears pinning back as hard hooves swiped past her head, barely missing knocking her unconscious. Snarling again, Loretta threatened to send her magic flying. She wanted to reduce the foolish pegasus into foalhood once more, for her to lose her memories and abilities, if only for a short amount of time. Her heart pounded as she begged Archibald, but from outside the cave he snorted and refused.

Black as night, and soaking wet, ears pinned against the general's neck and he lifted the front end of his body up. His feathered hooves left the ground momentarily before slamming back down, the earth trembling powerfully beneath the power of his magic. The earthquake was powerful, fueled by the desire to protect his companion, and it shook the ground and the cave as one. "Show yourself!" Archibald boomed, glaring into the entrance of the cave. He was far too large to fit comfortably in the small space, and he had never been fond of enclosure, so he would not enter the mouth of the cave.

Loretta, still pressed against the wall of the cave, lowered her center of gravity and pushed off the back wall. Reiko's hooves slammed towards her again, the mare intent on killing her she assumed, but it would not happen today. Loretta was protecting her kill, nothing more. The bitch knew the secrets of Helovia, of some of the creatures that resided, and species mattered not to the things that happened here. Reiko may think that horses did not eat meat, but she was wrong. Loretta had learned from her sister, Manhattan, of Knox's actions. He had quenched himself on the blood and flesh of his kills, and it made Loretta feel uneasy. It was against nature, and because of it Loretta acted. It was a new instinct.

Her motion was just quick enough to slide past Reiko's dangerous hooves, but in the process of fleeing the cave the red and white female slammed her shoulder against the wall of the cave. She was used to Archibald's earthquake magic, and could be quite skilled over the shaking ground, but never while trying to keep herself alive. Wincing, the malamute gritted her teeth and closed the distance between her and her bondmate. Loretta's eyes darted up to Archibald's briefly, her mind sharing the words the pegasus had spoken.

Image Credits

Through the ages of time

please tag me

Unregistered
R E I K O
As her hooves came down, the malamute slunk further into the cave, its features contorted into a rage. With a harrumph, the pegasus allowed her forelimbs to land onto the stone ground, producing a sharp clack. She was satisfied that she had fended for herself - such as the need for justice that arose from the proud princess' soul. She had treated this dog in kind, and would have decided to immediately leave the cave if not for the sudden, terrorizing earthquake that shook the ground and cave. With a shrill whinny, she rose upon her hindlimbs again, her eyes showing their whites in her confusion and terror. The low ceiling of the cave caused her to hit her head hard, and this only added to her confusion. Her hooves sought balance on the ground but she was completely at the mercy of nature, and as she slid to the left, her hooves splayed out clumsily ahead of her, right in the face of the malamute. "You coward!" She yelled at the brute outside, somehow adding two and two together about how, after the cave shook, this stallion would choose to hound her out. If he wanted it this way, fine, she would come out indeed, but he would face her wrath. And hell knows no fury than a woman scorned.

Once the quake had stopped, the Tobiano paint walked out of the cave. The malamute was not the target of her wrath but this huge piece of horseflesh that stood so seemingly regal against the melancholic backdrop of rain and lightning. Was that a restrained anger that she saw in his eyes? Reiko herself fared no better, feeling extremely sore in her limbs from her long journey, plus her head pounded like there was no tomorrow from having the concussion against the cave ceiling. Snorting in impatience, she struck the ground with her right hoof, anger clearly seeping through every fiber of her shivering, feverish body. She was clearly not in the right state of mind nor health at this point and the pouring rain outside only served to make her more miserable. Enraged ebony eyes would point daggers at this taller draft as she spoke, each word spat out in a shrill, indignant tone. "Setting your dog on a poor traveler? Causing earthquakes? Who do you think you are!" She did not even understand how he was able to do all these - to tame another creature or even cause changes in the ground - and surely he could have done much more but she was too angry to think about that.

Without further thought of her safety, she reared up, attempting to strike the behemoth upon his chest and give him a bite upon his neck for endangering the safety of a lady. Her wings fanned out and her hindquarters remained sturdy behind her, channeling her weight onto the ground for better balance.

[[It is a one-time attack for release of anger and frustration]]

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS

The pegasus surges from the cave and Archibald stands his ground. Archibald is not afraid of his bat from hell, nor will he ever be. Loretta, crouched at his side and ready to strike, sends her magic from her brain quickly. Her magic is intended to bring the mare back to her foalhood, take away her memory and ability momentarily.

Synchronized, the Dauntless tucks his hind end and brings his body up into a low rear, striking out with his forehooves defensively as Reiko attacks him. He felt her hooves scrape against his legs, but not enough damage to make him falter. Her bite catches no skin, merely air, and the satisfied brute crashes to the ground once more. "I am Archibald the Dauntless, General of the Windtossed Foothills and Head Executioner for the Grey." the black shire's voice is loud above the rain, which seems to dissipate as the two converge. Snorting, he looks down at her with cold golden eyes. He will not fight her today. "Calm, child. Loretta, my companion, was merely protecting her meal. I had no intentions of showing you harm, until you attacked her." Although Archibald is loud, he is calm and stony. Rolling his shoulders back, he flicks his head in the direction of his home.

"Your spirit, however, is good. The Foothills are a place vagabonds can claim refuge, and if you agree, you may join our ranks and family. If not, you are still welcome to rest your head and fill your belly." Archibald looks back at her again. Loretta's magic, though powerful, only lasts mere seconds and has worn off by now. She had only wanted to deflect the mare's attack on her bondmate, protect him at all costs.

Image Credits

Through the ages of time

please tag me

Unregistered
R E I K O
The mare's anger was clearly etched into every nook in her mind. The burning indignance that she felt from being thus misused and tossed around like a child formed a purpose so concentrated in her mind, she felt that this moment in existence was for her to lash out at this huge draft that would obviously remain undaunted in her presence given his stature. As her hooves sought refuge in his inky flesh though, her thoughts suddenly dissipated. The bond of will between her mind and her forelegs broke off and they slipped off his hide along his legs. Why was she here? What had she planned on doing? Confused, the tobiano regarded the stallion in front of her with curiosity, uncertainty and anxiety about the current situation unfolding. She remained silent as he spoke with an air of command. She had attacked the dog? Ebony hues would more to glance at the malamute. Attack a dog! Why, she would have hurt no living creature without cause.

The paint took two steps back. Her identity was lost and she was made diminutive in the presence of this talking equine. "But...I don't understand" she would interrupt him. He was offering her a home? That was too good an offer. A warm place to inhabit and to earn a rank in the herd, why, that was what she had been after all along!

As she sought to reply him again though, the memories suddenly flashed back at her. Anger re-surged through her body, but she was too tired and not truly made of the mean-spirited fiber to bare her teeth at him and snap back. Flicking her ears in irritation, Reiko would respond to him flatly. "I suppose my attacking your companion was a misunderstanding. I was only asserting my right of space, and I do not eat meat I repeat." What was with dogs acting like her kind would want to be a carnivore which defied centuries of heritage? With a sigh, she would incline her head ever so slightly, studiously refusing to give eye contact as she was still holding a slight grudge against this Executioner. "Lead the way then, a new family sounds good ."

[We can end it here (:]