the Rift

[OPEN] reach for the sky, spread your wings and .f a l l.

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

The shifting of the sand, the crashing of the waves. Sounds I had gotten used to seemed to annoy me as I lay in my little rocky shelf. It was my little home, a place where I kept all my little trinkets that I found around the beach. The sky was dimming, the sun falling into the water. I lay there, my stomach pressed against the sand and my wings lay open beside me. The cold night air crept into the shelf, wrapping around me like an icy blanket. I drifted into sleep, my small form curled up tightly.

I had barely shut my eyes when the wind began to howl. It howled like a lone wolf, the way it sounded so lost. Unable to fall back asleep, I stand up on my thin little legs. Usually Daddy was around, somewhere. He was always on the beach moping. Glancing around, I begin making my way outside of the rocky shelf, glancing back at the green bottle that lay propped up on the side of the shelf.

"Daddeeee..?" A shadow flickers by, and instantly I assume it's daddy. I see the shadow slink down the beach towards mommy, and I squeal. Daddy never went near mommy anymore. Was it daddy? Sneaking towards the shadow, I see what it is. It's a big cat with a sleek black coat. With my amber eyes wide, I squeal a silent squeal. Whirling around, I race back to my little rocky shelf. I store myself in the very back, cradling a little cloth thing I had found yesterday. It had these big, solid black eyes and some red string that curves upward like a smile. The light tan fabric was faded from sitting in the sun, and brown locks fall from the top of the head.... or, I thought it was a head. I kept the little doll tucked under my left wing, safe from harm.

[[<3]]

"Talk talk talk talk."

Amara</style>
Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.</style>

Image Credits

Lythe Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Lythe
Chasing butterflies and broken dreams

Lythe wandered around the beach, taking in the salty water as it looked under the starry expanse of the night sky. Huffing to himself, his large frame moved slowly and deliberately as his hooves shuffled in the sand. After the pirate's meeting, Lythe had decided that piracy wasn't for him, but he did love the ocean and couldn't tear himself away from it. Besides, Selene was still his friend so he could still see her even if they weren't in the same herd. A blast of cold wind tried to pry itself on his black and white coat without much success. He was a draft and while his thicker fur could be annoying in Tallsun it was a blessing in the colder seasons.

The scent of rotting meat hit Ly's nares like a baseball hitting a bat and he recoiled away from it. Tucking his large head between his legs, he stuck his pink nose into his feathers, trying to drown out the decay with his own scent. What was it? While inside he quailed at having to approach a dead body, it stirred the storybook hero inside him and he decided to have a look. Besides, death always brought scavengers and he wouldn't want anyone to get hurt by a wolf or some other creature that was just trying to have a meal.

Picking up the pace, Ly trotted down the beach, the moon casting him in a silvery glow while it caught the sparkly bits of crystal in the sand. He soon saw a dark lump lying on its side that he could only assume was the dead creature. Not seeing any scavengers, Lythe was about to go back up the beach from were he came, the musky scent of an animal accompanied by a foal's squeal caused his head to swing around, nostrils flared and harks flattened in his mane. He saw the big black cat stopped halfway between some rocky shelves and the dead horse. It had stopped when it first heard the squeal of the foal and listened intently when the sound of small hoofs striking stone came quickly after. It doesn't take much for a predator to figure out that the dead thing was a mother and the squeal belonged to the child. Ly could almost see the smile on the cat's face when it figured that out. It never really wanted rotted meat anyway.

It was about to turn to hunt down the child when it was interrupted yet again by the scream of a fully grown stallion. Figuring out who the cat's next target was going to be, Ly hurtled across the sand and aimed his tan hooves at the cat, aiming to crush its spine. Unfortunately it knew that trick and nimbly moved out of the way. Tail twitching in irritation, the cat seemed to grumble under its breath at finding this new obstacle between it and its next meal. Realizing the fight between it and Lythe would cause it more energy then it was worth, after a few swipes that landed on his shoulders, the black feline slinked away to find an easier meal.

Concern filling the stag's light purple eyes, he hurried over to a small cave with the little filly in it. Recognizing the little pegasus from the pirates meeting, he spoke in his soothing deep voice that never seemed to go above a whisper. "Hey there Amara, do you remember me from the other day? Are you alright?"

text text text

"blah blah blah."

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I was rocking myself, to and fro. Back and forth, back and forth.... I lay there, head tucked into my chest. My eyes were wide with fear, and my ears were plastered to my little head. I lay there for a little while before I think it's safe to leave my little cave. Slowly standing up, I make my way towards the opening. But the sound of shifting sand hit my ears. Gasping and flying backwards, I throw myself into the corner where I had been originally. I pressed my back against the wall, my small body shaking in fear.

A shadow was cast down on me, and I squeal, burying my head in my wing. "Mommmeeeeeeee!" I begin wailing, my eyes shut tight. It was a monster! It was coming to eat me! It was going to eat me! I didn't want to be eaten. No! No! No! "No! Ta'se good!" I bury my head further into my wings. When a soothing voice drifting into my ears, I glance up. Who is this? Why is he here? I want him to leave! "Daddeeeeee! Daddeeeeee! Help meeee!" I start wailing, it's all I could really do. Burying my nose into the sand, I begin coughing as sand slides down my lungs. Lifting my head, I press myself farther against the back of the cave.

My doll remained under my wing, and I pressed my wing closer to my body. I still didn't trust the stallion before me, I barely remember him from the other day anyway... and I remember Corsair didn't trust him. And he wasn't a real pirate or was he? I don't recall Corsair accepting him. That means this could be a bad guy! He could be evil and be trying to hurt me! I don't want that! I started screaming, hoping a familiar face would appear and save me from this stranger. The image of my mother's dead body appeared, and then I saw my own dead body, with the stallion standing over it. Screaming even louder, I scoot myself to the back of the cave, in the very corner. It was dark, and There was a large rock that hid me from the stallion. I kept screaming, but slowly the volume of my screams decreased. My throat hurt, and I was scared.

Where were the others when I needed them?

"Talk talk talk talk."

[[It seems that all Amara does is scream, cry, and wail "Mommeeeee!" .___.]]

Amara</style>
Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.</style>

Image Credits