the Rift

[OPEN] Golden Whispers in the Wind{Ktu/Phi, OPEN}

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I am flying today. The crisp Autumn air feels wondrous as it courses through my white feathers and streams from my sweating back as steam. Rigorous, strenuous, the activity forces all my young muscles into overdrive as I approach my home once more. Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh, go golden flecked feathers in the sun.

I knew I should be going back to the Veins first to see Father. Even more so, I should be moving about until I find my Dam or Granddam to let them know I was back. However, I was interested to see how the land of my family had changed over the time we'd been gone. I had no other reason for going really, aside from feeling drawn to the land. The thought suddenly occurs to me that I might be coming back to nothing at all, for the lives of mortal horses vary so greatly in short lengths of time that a long length could mean nearly anything. Not that I wasn't mortal myself, I was.

My voluminous mane, lifted by a rogue wind, smacks me in my face in time to offer me a warning not to miss my destination. I circle around once before I land upon the drying grass at the edges of the land. Crystalline white and dashed with gold, I know I do not need to preen, for no dirt ever sticks to my hide, even with the perspiration I have from my long flight back. From my tall, 17.2hh perch, I cast my blue orbs about in the search of somehorse to speak to, but alas, finding none in the immediate area, I take a moment to gather my breath before I call for someone to greet, "I request an audience with the lead of this land please." my deep voice rolling from my tongue in waves until the words cease and my regal stance is all that remains to move amongst the air.

Image Credits

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Crimson orbs watched from a distance as a pale pegasus descended into the Foothills territory. Pale, silken tail twitched in annoyance that she did not know who it was that felt it appropriate to just land all willy nilly in her land. Eytan had not brought her any images of any pale pegasi that had joined the Foothills and he was usually on top of his duty of keeping her informed of the newcomers. Ktulu had already begun walking toward the pegasus when his voice finally reached her ears, confirming what she already knew. He was not one that had been invited into the Foothills, but was blindly bumbling into a land that he had no business in.

Eytan was close at her heels as Ktulu approached the pale stallion through the fading grass. Crisp autumn wind lifted her pale mane from her muscled neck and blew her forelock back, revealing her blood red gaze as it locked on the pegasus. Moments later Ktulu came to a halt before the stallion, her head raised in a manner that would not allow him to mistake her for anything less than a leader of the Foothills. Beside her stood Eytan, his caramel eyes curious as he looked upon the stallion who was rather pretty, in his opinion.

"I am Ktulu the Constrictor, Chieftess of the Foothills." She stated just in case the stallion was too dense to identify who she was just by the airs she carried. "Who are you and why do you trespass on Foothills territory?" The tone of her voice left no doubt that she would not take kindly to any lies or excuses that might spew forth from the pegasus' mouth. She only wished she had her sister's ability to experience his memories to know what his intentions might be.

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Unregistered

My deep blue orbs do not have to wait long before a fierce, though angry looking mare, gives them purchase. I think, as she slithers forward, that I rather feel a twinge of fear growing in my gut. All this for curiosity.She has in tow with her an Ursus arctos horribilis, or the common grizzly bear. A fine looking( though somewhat young) specimen of the species too, I observe. Though he was not necessarily a native of this particular land, the hunting appeared to have been good for him. Or her, I scold myself. One must never be gender discriminatory.

The mare, annoyed, speaks with the youthful confidence of a god and I'm suddenly quite keen to go, for such horses were never ones for idle chat. But then I hear her name,Ktulu. The harsh, spoken syllables trigger a memory and, suddenly, the fear drains from my body and a deep, rumbling chuckle, mirroring that of my mentor, bubbles up from my throat. "Ktulu, you say?" and for all her firm demeanor I cannot help but smile brightly. "Well, Ktulu the Constrictor. I am your cousin, Eios, and I am most pleased to finally meet your acquaintance." and I offer her a dip of my head as my rumbling voice trails off. My orbs, turning a bright blue, crinkle at the edges as look at her happily. My demeanor is friendly and brotherly, begging her not to be too upset with her at my joking. Oh, what luck to have met her., my first extended family member! Granted, I shan't assume I'm completely well off yet. Though I was certainly happy that I had come now, regardless of her reply, for I had gotten to meet some of my family today.

Image Credits

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
 LAKOTA</style>
 my heart is a hollow place for the devil to dance again</style>

Pale form descending against the backdrop of orange and emerald of the Foothills was immediately concerning, and drew attention long before his words rolled out to call forth her leaders. Deep plum eyes narrowed into slits, distrustful. Reaching inside herself she called Aodaun from where he was playing in the falling leaves, sharply demanding him at her side. Fluffy pale face popped up quickly from the foliage, rushing to her side and composing himself. Every emotion she felt, she never hid from him, so the little one fed off her wary status and stopped his childish antics. Together they moved towards the male that had landed within their midst, a sitting duck surrounded by the Grey. What was it he wanted from her family? Snorting softly, she hurried her pace slightly when Ktulu's unmistakeable form melted out into the opening like liquid chocolate, approaching the stallion with a firm posture that Lakota knew was imposing even from where she stood. Ao stayed obediently at her heels, knowing Kota would be furious if he were harmed should a fight break out. The Poisoner appeared as a silent wraith, dark frame moving forward on long legs to approach the side of her Mistress.

Obsidian audits focused solely on Eios, catching the conversation as she move forth into their presence. Crown held high, she kept her gaze cold and probing, though it wasn't a far stretch from her usual gaze. Laughter split the air and her ears flickered back to half-mast, anger flashing over her face momentarily. How dare he mock her Chieftess! Like a panther she advanced over the greenery, lithe body shifting and roiling just as gracefully as the predatory cat, coat gleaming and lean muscles coming to view beneath the light. Violet eyes flashed dangerously, watching Ktulu out of her peripherals to judge her reaction. When no sign of anger immediately came, she slowed her pace, knowing he was safe for those few moments from her vengeance.

Only when he continued on did she slowly let her ears rise back up a few inches, face dark and frigid. At last she stood by Ktulu's side, an ever-present bodyguard. Since Ktulu's scare in the invasion, Lakota had been fiercer in her protection of her, and this male was edging towards dangerous territory in her book. "Is he troubling you, Ktulu?" Smooth velvet voice slipped past her lips, familiarity reaching out to the young mare she respected. In her tone, however, there was a very obvious threat. Just in case Eios had not heard it, or was simply stupid, she flickered her eyes from Ktulu to lock onto his. The message was plain to see; should he cross another line or should she see Ktulu react in any way that was negative, his ass was going to leave the borders forcefully. Without taking her eyes off him or so much as blinking, she shifted her forelegs uneasily with the desire to run him off at a moments notice. However without the signal from Ktulu, she kept her visage passive and aloof, far too in control of herself to let such a simpleton bother her visibly.

There was no hint of amusement on Ktulu's stony face when the young stud began to grin and laugh. Was she really funny or was he stupid? Did he know how much danger he could possibly be in should she deem him a threat to her territory even though even thinking him a threat was a joke in itself. Pretty stallions were usually that. Pretty. They were only good for making pretty babies that were just as worthless as their daddies. A snort escaped her when he finally announced himself as her cousin. It was possible, she supposed. Her parents had both come from rather large families and she was almost always discovering new siblings. Why not a new cousin? "Cousin or not you have no right to be here." She said cooly.

A slight turn of her head and a tilt of an ear in Lakota's direction was all the greeting the blue roan got at the moment because Ktulu was still trying to decide if this Eios was one she could take her eyes off of. When Lakota spoke it was then that Ktulu assumed that she had heard the stallion's laughing and found it as disrespectful as she had. "You should know the answer to that, Lakota." Only then did the hint of a smile curl the edges of her mouth. Everyone with the exceptions of the members of The Grey bothered her.

Eytan, however, was more vocal in his greeting of the blue roan that had entertained him when he was a cub. His greeting to her was grumbled low in his throat and he ambled over to her. He batted her tail once before nudging the little polar bear that had bonded to the roan. He began to nudge him away from the mares who might decide to attack the intruder at a moment's notice since he seemed so set on putting his hoof in his mouth.

Almost as soon as the smile appeared it was gone and Ktulu's focus was back on Eios. "State your business or leave at once." She said, her voice losing the warmth it had held when she addressed Lakota.

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Unregistered

Oh, dear. My humor had not been met kindly. She was highly lacking in trust, this cousin of mine. What had hurt her to make her thus, I wonder. A blue roan approached then and was impossibly rude to one whom she knew nothing about. I had been so naive in assuming that simply because I was blood to this mare that she'd be interested in meeting me or befriending me. Did family really mean so little in the real world? I'd dreamed about meeting Kulu and Ophelia as a foal, all holed up in his home of molten lava and bickering gods. Father Earth had been kind of course, but the only outside contact he'd had had been with his mother and her stories of meeting her older sister and about the twin fillies who were just his age. Those fillies who were so free while I was stuck inside. There were others I longed to meet of course, but how sad that I'd met some of my family only to learn of their cold hearts.

This was not what I had been expecting. This Ktulu was so...so harsh. She seemed to be not too interested in me at all. I was nothing. My bright blue eyes swirl darker as a heave a great sigh. "Hmm, my purpose. Well, I came here because I was raised in a rather...sheltered...environment. I was away from my mother from my very first day upon this land. I have never met or known any of my other family except for brief visits with my mother. I came here because this was the last place I knew as being associated with my family. I came to meet you, cousin, for I remember stories of you and your sister Ophelia from my mother Enheduanna, your own mother's sister." and I begin to slowly back away, readying to take flight. "Though I see I'm not wanted here either, so farewell dear cousin. I am sorrowful I was not able to learn to know you as Sister, though you may count on it that I shall not bother you again, dear Ktulu."

My eyes stare deeply into hers for several heartbeats. While I am sad that I could not be her family, I will not disown her for her childish hate. I dip my head and bunch my muscles, readying to take to the air, and fly away, never to be seen again.

Image Credits

LAKOTA</style>
 my heart is a hollow place for the devil to dance again</style>

"Cousin or not you have no right to be here."

Ah, there was her answer. Eios looked as if he held only a single drop of Ktulu's blood, but Lakota did not have any cousins she knew of and didn't know if they should look similar to each other. Ktulu's reprimanding of him cuts as cleanly as the horn that stands regally upon her crown, and just as cold as the Steppe. Family may be everything to the both of them, but Lakota knew that family members that had not been with you every step of the way through hard trials would never be as close to your heart as those who had. Who was she to judge? Lakota was just as cold and unforgiving to those outside her little misfit family as Ktulu was, and wouldn't have it any other way. The feminine stallion- seriously, why was he pretty like a mare, that made no sense- seemed visibly dejected by Ktulu's harsh mannerisms, but Lakota's vibrant plum eyes had found her Chieftess as her words breached her thoughts. It was clearly directed to her, and with a quick glance the Poisoner caught the curling of her lips. Snorting out a laugh her own dark maw curled in quite the same manner. "Far too well, Ktulu." Both as a close member to Ktulu and feeling the exact same way about most people, it was their own private joke at Eios' expense. Perhaps the mares were too alike, but Lakota reveled in the similarities as it gave them an understanding that not many shared with the dark roan mare.

Inner musings came to an end as a bundle of growing chocolate came swiping at her tail with a happy growl of greeting. Without taking her wary gaze off the newcomer, Lakota flicked her tail at the youth indulgently. Bond quivered slightly as her mind was split in two, one of them focusing on what Ao was doing. Eytan had lumbered over to the young cub, who made soft barking and growling noises that were tinier than that of a growing kitten. Aodaun adored Eytan, and looked up at him with warm chocolate irises. Though he was young and not nearly as big or intelligent as Eytan's age gifted him, the cub made up for it in enthusiasm. Oblivious to why Eytan was nudging him away from the trio, the bundle of snowy fur fumbled over his own large paws and nudged playfully at the older bear. Tumbling with him, trying to entice him into playing.

Once Lakota had assured that Ao was successfully entertained and safe, she let out a soft snort once more at the dramatic words Eios muttered. It was pathetic to her, and made it sound like he was trying to make Ktulu feel guilty for her natural mannerisms. Surely Eios knew this was a mercenary herd? He would not be welcomed warmly even if he was a complete stranger. Lakota didn't care what others thought of her and so she did nothing to hide the noise she had made. Should he end up becoming offended she would just run him off. This was her home, her land, and her borders. It was hard-won and she wouldn't let him take another step into their land without Ktulu's say. Already he was tainting her family simply by placing his hooves upon their soil. No stallion- or mare, Lakota didn't discriminate especially with two mares for leaders- should ever be so soft and weak. It was disgusting and disgraceful. Kindness went to great lengths, but at least know how to fight, spy, or heal before waltzing into the Grey of all places and expecting a warm and caring welcome.

Though it was not necessarily her place to speak, she couldn't help the quip that found its way to her lips in defense of her Chieftess. Almost instinctively she took a step forward and angled herself slightly to the right. Her words and body reacted immediately, shielding Ktulu. "Wanted or otherwise was not the question. This is a herd meant for battle, we do not extend warm welcomes to any possible risks. Had my very blood sister been a threat to this herd, she would never set a hoof inside its borders." Lakota never, ever raised her voice. The only exception was when she had screamed at Ariadne that she would kill her, thinking Ktulu dead and not having been knocked out. Instead, her voice was a sibilant hiss that was cold and dangerous. There was no real threat in her tone, merely a sharp warning that shit would get serious really fast if he dared to make Ktulu feel as if she were lesser for being who she was. Protective instincts reared their head and a glint passed through her eyes. It was the only part of her visage that changed, remaining regal and aloof otherwise. Hardly noticeable to someone who didn't know her, but it was a hint of the fury that could be unleashed should he harm her Chieftess verbally or physically. Should Eios choose the latter, he would not walk away alive unless he left her behind dead.

"Am I supposed to feel pity for you?" Ktulu asked incredulously when her 'cousin' began his speech about his childhood. Did he really think his childhood was so bad that he had to complain about it? At least he had been sheltered and had not seen the evils the world could produce at such an early age, but at the same time it handicapped him. It made him soft and a soft stallion was nothing if not completely worthless. Her eyes narrowed and her teeth pressed together as she listened to him. "I've never heard of your mother." A touch of anger laced her voice as she spat the words. "My mother never troubled herself with mentioning your mother or you."

He had heard stories of her and her sister? From Enheduanna? She had never met her mother's sister in all her life nor had she even heard her name mentioned. Aside from her father's sister, Giselle, she had only met her Grandmother and even then Eios and his mother had not been mentioned. She did remember, however, that her grandmother had been emotional, much like the stallion that was trying to worm his way into her life and her herd. Much like like a stubborn young foal she balked, set her hooves, and stood her ground.

When Lakota spoke the look on Ktulu's face eased if only slightly and when she spoke again her voice had returned to its usual cool, emotionless state. "Whatever stories your mother told you are flawed." She said cooly. "She knew not of who she spoke." And how could she? She had never even bothered to make herself known in her nieces lives, but that mattered little. Ktulu had had Ophelia growing up and that was all she needed to make her happy.

"Leave now." She then said. "Get off my land." White tail lashed against her hocks as she watched the pegasus take to the sky.

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

He is soft and weak, malleable in a way that Lakota detests. Had Hana sought a place of peace with her kind, stern soul Lakota would have blessed her but never followed her. Surely Eios knew that people changed? That rumors of their mercenary-based herd were not made without a base of some sort? Ktulu's first impression upon him should have alerted him that she would take no lip from him. Was he truly so idiotic that such obvious, vital signs were ignored in favor of blood that clearly did not run in importance that Ktulu didn't even know of him or his mother? When approaching the land of any leader, it was always appropriate to be respectful and aware of their body language lest you insult them or get attacked or kicked from the borders forever. Did that one word, family, truly change so much? Kota cared little for anyone other than her siblings, and even if she loved Hana it was more one born of protection. Alleo had been her partner, her savior. Nobody else would ever come close to Leo, and she did not hold Ktulu's harsh judgement against her in the slightest. Eios was pathetic, and would crumble in moments within the Grey. He was a disability, one that even blood could not overlook. Ktulu was a Chieftess first, and a family member second.

It seemed her interference gave Ktulu time to collect herself, for her raging tone soon calmed back into the mask of coolness she always held regally. Kota did the same, though hers had only shattered when she had first met Thayne that fateful day. Lips twitched and pursed to keep from saying more, wishing to let her words free to become the barbs they usually were. The Poisoner was no kindly mare, and her insults were damaging in ways that were nearly physical. Eios needed to grow up, to become a stallion who actually had something to live and stand for. Without that, he would be nothing. Lakota lived only for Ktulu, Ophelia, and the Foothills. She stood only beside them, never behind or ahead, for she would always be there to catch them and aid them onwards with a shoulder and a few gruff words of advice. Stunning he may be, but he would be useless to them if he could not bring total loyalty and dedication to the Grey.

Soon enough the feminine pigeon is taking to the air in buffets of wind, and yet Lakota merely narrows deep royal purple eyes against the force of it. Until he has disappeared from her vision, she keeps her gaze locked almost obsessively on his form. Once the speck has vanished, her body at last relaxes. Defensive posture changed, crown raising and stance narrowing slightly. Deep sigh inflated her lithe ribcage, and she flickered her eyes towards Ktulu. For a few moments she watched her impassively, making sure she was truly fine though she had no doubts that the encounter had hardly shaken her. Finally, in the end, Kota couldn't keep it in. A half-grin, half-smirk stretched her dark muzzle and plum irises danced with mischief and a soft glint of teasing to come. "I didn't know you had a female cousin, Ktulu. Tell me, do you gossip over the latest Helovian news with our dearest pigeon?" Smooth, dark chocolate laugh slips from her lips in a surprising soprano. Deep as she may cast her voice when faced with others as an intimidation tactic, Kota is still quite the mare, and her voice cannot escape her gender. Is it wrong for her to tease him? Any noble, honest soul would likely say yes. In her opinion? Eios deserved it for wasting their time and sulking annoyingly like a young arrogant filly denied the colt she crushed on. Maybe he truly was a mare. Face slowly curved back into the passive look she always held, though lips quirked the barest hint at the tips. "I really wish you would let me poison the annoying ones sometimes, Ktulu. You really are depriving me of the best part." Sighing in a faux dramatic fashion, she turned to where Ao was still happily busying himself with Eytan. With the threat gone and away from her Chieftess, long ebony locks swayed at her heels as she watched them tussle and play. Though Kota didn't often tease and play, it was easier with Ktulu, though sarcasm often laced her tone to bring about a smirk or a quirk of lips from the stoic mare. After all, Ktulu got the same reactions from her with the same teasing manner.

Credits

"I didn't know you had a female cousin, Ktulu. Tell me, do you gossip over the latest Helovian news with our dearest pigeon?"

"You insult pigeons, Lakota." Ktulu said gruffly as she turned her head toward the poisoner. No one in their right mind had ever joked with her the way Lakota did in so bold a manner. It was quite refreshing even if it did annoy Ktulu that she would be the butt of one of Lakota's jokes. Still, it was all in good nature and Ktulu had always been one to roll with the punches, be they physical or verbal. "Has anyone ever told you that you laugh like a girl, Kota?" Her tail flicked as she turned and began to walk toward Eytan and Ao.

At the sound of Lakota's voice one of Ktulu's ears rotated in her direction. "If I allowed you to poison everyone who annoyed you we would have no one in need of contracts." Still, she grinned. "One day." She promised moments later. "Maybe if you steal one of those Assassins Ophelia talked about."

Eytan stopped his play and looked toward Ktulu when he heard her approach. He grunted toward the polar bear cub before he began to amble toward his bonded, who had halted half way to him. She stood with one hip cocked, her hoof resting on its tip as she waited. Eytan circled around her, batting once at her snowy tail before making a bee line for Lakota. She'd always been one to indulge him more in his play than Ktulu had, especially now that he was growing up and should be becoming more serious in his role as Ktulu's companion.

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Lakota

"Hm, you bring up a valid point. I think the pigeons have twice the intelligence." Smirk crawled over her face as she spoke, knowing Ktulu would likely take the joke in offense to herself, but also knew she could fire it back just as quickly. Surely enough the Poisoner heard the voice of her Chieftess snap right back to her, teasing and intense all at once. Flames licked at her cheeks at the realization that she did indeed laugh in a particularly girly fashion. She simply never laughed enough around others to realize it. Didn't mean she couldn't get a good one back at Ktulu, though. Grinning she flicked an ear towards her Chieftess and fired right back in a friendly, if fiery, exchange of whit. "No, I don't believe so. I'll try and be manlier just for you, darling," she teased. To underlined it with the deepest, most dramatic laugh she could manage. It wasn't much considering her soft soprano voice, but it only made it more amusing for her to try and sound like she had a bass voice and was a jolly fat stallion. "Maybe if I try hard enough, I'll be able to seduce you and we can run off into the hills together singing songs and professing our undying love to each other for eternity." Mischief sparkled in her deep gaze, sarcasm lacing her tone. She was pushing the boundaries, seeing what would make her laugh and what would make her grumpy. Together they moved towards their companions, and though Aodaun was disappointed to see Eytan leave he came trotting back to her hooves without a complaint when she called to him.

Chortling softly at Ktulu's admonishment she couldn't help but speak up again. "Fairly true, Ktulu. But then there would be nobody to annoy us at all, and the world would be far better of a place. Poor me, forever unable to have my fun," she whined softly, gasping in exaggeration. Theatrics were easy to pull around Ktulu, knowing that sarcasm was better than nothing. Yet she allowed her a bit of hope, saying that perhaps one day Kota would be allowed to poison whom she wished. "Don't tease me, Ktulu, that sounds far too tempting an option." Sly grin found her aristocratic face, motions have been planned out in her head for quite a few days since Ophelia's announcement. Ktulu had merely cemented her plans with those words.

Eytan trotting over to her made her snort softly in amusement. Yes, she spoiled him like a doting grandmother, but she couldn't help it. Flicking her tail at him temptingly, she lowered her muzzle and flipped Aodaun onto his back. Soft snowy belly was revealed, and she pressed her muzzle into it while the cub growled and batted at her playfully. Entertaining the both simultaneously, her royal violet irises turned to look at Ktulu with a closed-lip grin.

Credits

"No, I don't believe so. I'll try and be manlier just for you, darling."

Manlier? Darling?

If Ktulu hadn't been paying attention to Lakota before she certainly was now. Her head turned and she looked at the blue roan mare, a quizzical look on her face. Quickly she schooled her expression back to its usual one, though it didn't stay long before she was grinning once more. "You seem to forget I was with a God." She said. "How do you propose to be more manly than the God of the Earth? Of course I wouldn't mind seeing you act manly." Ktulu laughed quietly as she looked at her poisoner.

It was only on rare occasions that Ktulu ever let her guard down and usually that was only with Ophelia and Hototo. It felt good to finally let loose and laugh and be the part of herself that she repressed for so long. It would only last a few moments before she slipped back into her usual indifference.

"Maybe if I try hard enough, I'll be able to seduce you and we can run off into the hills together singing songs and professing our undying love to each other for eternity."

"I suppose we'll have to see about that." Ktulu said in mock thoughtfulness. She flicked her tail and began to walk once more. "Or perhaps I'll be the one doing the seducing..." The barest hint of a flirty tone was present but Ktulu said nothing else as she continued to walk away. Eytan stopped playing with Kota's tail and began to run after his bonded, grunting to himself. He didn't know what was going on, why his bonded's emotions were not as they usually were. One day he would figure it out, but today was not that day.

Ktulu heard what Lakota said next and stopped in her retreat. She looked back at the other mare, sighing softly. "There is no place for us in a peaceful world, Lakota." She said ruefully. "No place at all."

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Lakota

Was that surprise on Ktulu's visage? Confusion? Either way Lakota kept up the joke, sliding her a sly wink and an upturn of dark lips that was meant to be a playfully seductive smirk. Was it appropriate for a Poisoner to be teasing her Chieftess in such a provocative manner? Likely not, but Lakota had always been tempted by rules and limitations. Ktulu could very well kick her ass, but she'd give her hell right back. Her Chieftess needed to laugh sometimes, just like Lakota did. The Earth Medic understood perhaps better than anyone- save Ophelia of course- just what Ktulu was going through. How she saw, experienced, reacted to the world. Knew, too, how hard it could be not to hate every single particle of life if there was nobody around to shove a hoof in your face and knock a laugh out of you. If you weren't surprised into it, it didn't help as much. It seemed Ktulu intended to play along as well, for a grin cracked on her elegant face not long after she tried to school her expression into one that was always seen by others.

Lakota let a smooth feminine laugh fall like a waterfall once more from obsidian visage, white rain-splattered marking upon her eye being bared as she turned to look at her Chieftess once more. "I bet you I could do far better than any God, Ktulu. Though I must say, he must be awfully hard to measure up to. I'd love to keep trying until I match up, though," she teased, auds flickering and violet irises gleaming with mischief. Oh yes, this was definitely fun. Ktulu's own flirtatious reply came swimming back to her over one lean shoulder, and dark brow rose at the sway in her step she hadn't noticed before. Perhaps it was all just part of the game.

Soft hum vibrated in her smooth throat at what she had to say. "I would love to see that, Ktulu. Perhaps you can surprise me, huh? I wouldn't mind being seduced by my dear Chieftess," she purred silkenly. Calling her by her true title only made it sound so much more forbidden, but Lakota simply could not help it. She had always been one to play with fire, and Ktulu was her favorite temperature. Sadly however they both had deeper understandings of each other, and it wasn't long before the mood turned from warm teasing to a temperate melancholy. Inky black tail swung sullenly at her hocks, no longer having a little one to entertain with its motions. Violet eyes turned over her own shoulder to look back at her Queen. Understanding and something dark, almost sad, passed through her own gaze. "You are right, Ktulu. But though there may be no place for us in a peaceful world, we have each other for company." Crown shook slowly, snort falling disbelievingly from her nostrils. "We have no place, Ktulu. Perhaps we were never meant to leave the Deep Forest. Maybe you and I were always meant to be the misfits in the shadows." Body turned in a smooth motion to look at Ktulu from a better angle, deep plum orbs finding Ktulu's carmine with an honesty that was shocking from someone like her. "I would follow you back to that time, Ktulu. I have no place in this peaceful world. My place is by your side. Wherever that is in this peaceful world you speak of...you will always find me there." Sincerity and assertiveness shone in her vocals before her burning gaze turned away from Ktulu and turned onto Aodaun. Clicking her tongue softly she tempted him with her long plume and began to guide him away just as Ktulu did with Eytan. Should words fall from her Chieftess once more, Lakota would stop immediately to attentively listen to whatever it was she wished to talk about. Emotions were tricky for the both of them however, and Kota didn't know if Ktulu would even feel comfortable commenting on what she had said. Lakota's intense loyalty could sometimes be a bit too much to handle, after all.

Credits

"I bet you I could do far better than any God, Ktulu."

Ktulu laughed quietly at Lakota and gave the slightest of shakes of her head. While she appreciated the compliment, whether it was given jokingly or not, the reality did not escape her. The Earth God could have chosen anyone he wanted and he'd chosen her to carry his child. He could have chosen a far better mare to be a mother to Hototo than she and she'd come to realize that long before she'd even given birth to her precious son. "Quiet, Lakota, lest you tempt the Earth God to swallow you into the ground." Another flick of her tail was given and more sway added to her step as she continued to move away from the blue roan.

The black dun exaggerated a shiver when her poisoner used her title of Chieftess. Head turned and she looked back over her shoulder at the other mare, another grin curving the corners of her mouth. "I love it when you use my title. Say it again." More laughter came shortly after and it left the dark mare wondering what the hell had gotten into her. It had been a long time since she'd smiled and laughed and never had she openly flirted with anyone let alone another mare.

The mood, however, turned somber quickly and as Lakota began to speak again the darker mare turned her body toward the other, ears tilted forward as she listened. "The Deep Forest will always hold a piece of my heart, but we could not survive there, Lakota." She pointed out. "Food was scarce during Frostfall. The borders are near impossible to defend. It's no place for a herd." She had never expected that she would be the leader of a herd or that the Grey would grow as large or as quickly as it did, but it had and she'd done what needed to be done. The misfits had gathered and bonded and formed a family.

The poisoner was soon turning away from her and that made Ktulu close the distance, her neck stretching as she reached to shove her muzzle into Lakota's shoulder. "Your loyalty means a lot, Kota." She said, using the shortened form of her poisoner's name. "But I promise you this world is far from peaceful. You've heard the saying 'the calm before the storm', haven't you?" Another grin cracked her face, though it seemed forced. "Welcome to the calm."

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Lakota

A laugh was her reward for making it seem like her sexual prowess was more than that of a God's, although Lakota was still rather pouty over the fact a mare younger than her had a child already while she was still entirely pure. That didn't make sense to her, all things considered, but it's not like Ktulu needed to know that. Catty grin was still dark and alluring on her lips, pleased to have gained a reaction at all from the normally stoic Chieftess. Her own laughter sprang free, no longer caring that Ktulu had called it feminine. The exaggerated sway of her hips was obvious, but not foolish in any way. In fact, it was rather effective and Lakota could see how Ktulu could easily become a desirable femme should she allow it. "I simply can't quiet myself, Ktulu. And I would hope he doesn't swallow me, I'm rather enjoying the view," she purred, purposefully allowing the sensuality to enter her tone and let Ktulu know exactly what she was talking about. It was such easy banter, such shameless yet comforting flirtation. Lakota had never cared whom she took as a mate, but even if she had she doubted this wouldn't have happened. Ktulu seemed sewn into her very skin with how close she felt, and Kota would have playfully allowed the words to fall between them even if she had been taken and part of a family.

It seemed the cat had caught the canary after all, for the devious look on Ktulu's exotic face was rather smug as she turned and looked over one shoulder. The shudder of her body was unmistakeable, even if it were only for dramatic flare. Her laughter came once more, and Lakota couldn't keep her lips straight even if she tried. Turning, she sauntered after Ktulu with her neck arched and violet irises dark and teasing. Pausing only to lower her crown as if in submission, fluttering long obsidian lashes at her and purring out her words just as she had before. "Whatever you desire, my Chieftess." Oh, what fun she was having! But it could not last, even if the twinkle in her gaze lingered as the talk turned into more serious territory. Rising once more, she watched Ktulu with an open gaze. Hiding nothing from her, knowing there was no other soul around to see how...intimate she was being with her emotions in regard to Ktulu.

Together they turned towards the other, audits flickering to catch every word. Lakota exhaled softly, and when her lids fluttered this time it was with nostalgia instead of seduction. "I never said it was a place we could have remained forever, but it will always hold a place in my heart as well. I merely meant to say that even if you chose to leave these lands, I would follow you." Simple shrug of dainty shoulders and she has bared herself, allowing Ktulu to see the total devotion she holds toward her. But she cannot hold it, feeling far too vulnerable despite the trust she has in Ktulu, and so she turns away. In seconds her Chieftess is there, muzzle to her shoulder, and in her tone Lakota can hear sincerity.

Turning her own crown she pressed her dark muzzle to press a solid kiss directly below Ktulu's horn along the bridge of her nose. Sighing softly and shifting towards her, lips dropping to brush over the crest of her neck. Her own grin cannot hide when Ktulu's comes out, and she gives a short chuckle. "My loyalty, my heart, my head, a shoulder, and an ear are all I can lend to you Ktu. I nearly murdered the vile creature that had dared to harm you when we invaded, I do not think I can ever hand my loyalty over to someone else. You've grown on me, you little minx," she giggled, lightening the depth of her sentence with ease at the end. Then her visage changed, smirk curling up like smoke on her similarly painted face. "I think I prefer the storm actually. Far more fun," she grinned mischievously, a sly glint in her eyes. No more talk of such seriousness, she wanted a real smile on Ktulu's face. So Lakota swung her hips around and bumped Ktulu's shoulder, pulling away to wink and flick her tail to brush at the blood mare's belly. Dancing away, she let the sly curve of her lips entice Ktu into following. "Come now, Ktu, you can't possibly think I won't stir up a few minor storms of my own?" There is play in her voice, mischief in her saucy smirk.

A toss of her mane and she prances to her right, curving so that her right side is bared to Ktulu, using the shortened form of her name in retaliation. "You're playing with fire my dear, and I don't want to see you burn, I have far too much fun watching you sweat," she cooed devilishly. So many innuendos in one sentence, and she planted them there with the blatancy of a buffalo charging through a flock of birds. Oh, she knew exactly what she was doing, and she was determined to bring Ktulu back up to the level of play they had previously occupied. Aodaun stays at the edge of their strange dancing around each other, confused but amused by his bonded's playfulness. Watches as Lakota lets her lids droop, a come-hither expression playing on her features. Smirk is on the verge of breaking into a grin, but she is a born actress and will not allow more than a twitch to show how delighted she is with this new game.

Credits

Ktulu swished her ivory tail from side to side when Lakota admitted to enjoying the view. "Why wouldn't you?" She asked in mock seriousness. "I'm quite stunning." Did she really believe that she was stunning? No. Ktulu still felt herself the less attractive sister when compared to Ophelia. Phi was the definition of elegance while she was nothing short of brutish. Whatever it was that the Earth God had seen in her and Midas saw in her was still unknown to Ktulu and would probably always remain unknown. The dark mare allowed another exaggerated shiver to ripple through her body when Lakota used her title once more. "Ohh, that's nice." she purred, a coy grin curling her lips as she looked to Lakota once more.

Dark ears tilted forward when Lakota began to speak of her loyalty, which Ktulu found touching. The only one she'd ever really known to have any sort of loyalty to her before had been Ophelia. Now she was gaining the trust and companionship of others and it was a new and very strange feeling. "I don't know what I've done to gain loyalty like yours, Kota." Ktulu began. "But I appreciate it."

Crimson eyes blinked in surprise at the touch of Lakota's muzzle against her forehead and the kiss that followed. Her eyes widened and she felt that she might have the look of a young starstruck foal. Her stomach did a little flipflop and she snorted softly then blinked again and gave a minute shake of her head, as if that would make her snap completely back to reality. Vaguely she could hear Lakota's voice again and that gave her something to focus on.

"I nearly murdered the vile creature that had dared to harm you when we invaded, I do not think I can ever hand my loyalty over to someone else. You've grown on me, you little minx."

Ktulu's teeth ground together as she thought back to the invasion and the fact that she'd fallen early on. It was something she did not like to look back on or be reminded of. "If you ever have the uncontrollable urge to use your magic, you can use it on her." Ktulu said. "And make sure she's dead." There was obvious bitterness in the way she spoke, but why should she not be bitter? The mare had been nothing short of a nosy loud mouth who had no business being in the invasion.

Ktulu snorted again, her ears rotating back to lay against her head, but then Lakota was changing the subject. A quiet chuckle rumbled in her chest when her poisoner proposed to start up a few storms of her own. "I have no doubt that you couldn't stir up a few storms, Kota." She said. "And I don't doubt that you can handle yourself." She side stepped a bit and eyed the other mare. "All those muscles... mmh, you can definitely handle yourself." She added on with a wink and a grin.

As Lakota turned, Ktulu did as well, though her body faced the opposite direction. "Fire?" Ktulu laughed and flicked her tail toward Lakota's face. "I think you may be mistaken, sweetheart." She shot back as she began to trot away.

Image Credits

Icon by Tay