the Rift

[OPEN] Familiar Cold [Zdravilo]

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi

By the time Descaro reached the Basin the sun had set in the sky and night had taken over. The stars were barely visible as clouds covered them, a bitter breeze lashing between his legs and the odd drop of snow fell down from the vast blackness. It seemed the seasons had turned once again, Frostfall was not quite here, but you could almost feel him beckoning in these cold lands. In a few months his grip would be fierce and the unicorns would emerge from their dens, taking with them hatred and revenge. Coldness was their domain. The mountains rose higher and a passageway opened up before him, hoping that Dravilo was still following (not much caring about Leyra) the Soldier descended into the land of unicorns. His cloven hooves careful on the frosted surface, crystal horn glittering in the odd bit of moon light.

As he had wandered across the white wasteland he remembered the meeting of racist brothers, there discussion of secrecy and the emergence of traitors. Did he trust himself well enough to judge a character from simple conversation? His arrogance would say yes, his intellect would say no. Psyche said the Plague needed more recruits, if he could sway this one, would she notice him more? Descaro had begun to realize that he was just shadow amongst higher peers, when he knew he deserved better, he was far too intelligent and strong to be lingering at a simple Soldier level. The stallion had ambitions for greater things, but as long as he stood on the sidelines he wasn't going to get anywhere. It was time he made himself known.

When he reached the bottom and at last made it home, he sighed a great sigh and smiled in relief. The Threshold was a tedious business, but he had brought many home from their now and was rather proud of his achievements of late.

For now, he turned back with hopes Dravilo was still there, offering a welcoming smile before gesturing to the Basin. "Welcome to the Aurora Basin. I hope you will find a home here." He purred to her lavishly. Slapping his dark tail between his well toned legs. He awaited her reaction then and hoped one would be along of a higher rank than his own soon, ambitiously thinking that one day he wouldn't need such approval. Eyes burned with fire as he remained patient, the snow making his mane wet and his nose blowing out mini clouds.
you won't get much closer, until you sacrifice it all
you won't get to taste it, with your face against the wall

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 515dea7c38119]

With gazelle like steps all the way here, she was not overly tired, nor was she hyper. When his pace slowed, and she had been close to him, she got hit with his long ebonite tail. The mountains soared to the sky. Snow painted the landscape. When her halted, she stopped next to him. His masculine frame towered over her femme frame. A content sigh reign over. For some odd reason this scenery seemed friendly. Although she despised her history, she wasn't ashamed of it. Anyways, she was here. The clean snow cleansing her hooves and hocks. Like a bullet, this place hit her to the core. She wanted to see more. It was foolish she wanted to see more, but it was new. It was different.

A warm smile crossed Descaro's face and she was flashed to reality. This world was a fantasy. Had she found what she wanted? A place where she fit? Descaro's voice cut her questions short. "Welcome to the Aurora Basin. I hope you will find a home here." So this was it. This was.. it. It was so pretty, but she saw few, and if even that. Her lavishing so commonly used smile washed her velveteen mahogany lips. "It's certainly a beautiful place." Lifting her delicate frame to the moonlit sky, the fresh breeze rolling in and out of her nostrils. Thy quivered as the air trembled out. Dropping her head back down, she looked around. Entranced by all that was here, she was excited. She wanted to capture this scenery, but how?

"And we must meet with who?" She could feel her eyebrow start to cock, but she stopped him. Eventually she'd understand everything. Her smile beamed. She was happy. Maybe she could even meet up with Descaro later and maybe just talk about how things were. She knew many stallions would rather slit their throats than talk with a mare. She would have to ramble at a relatively slow pace so she wouldn't be annoying to the large bay stud. Her thoughts flickered back to this moment. Numb, numb, numb... She would definitely have to get use to the numbing cold of the snow. Her antlers delicately crowned her brow making her yet another level of feminine. Her cranium was straight. She watched Descaro out of the corner of her eye. She was happy this stallion was around when he was. If Leyra had been the only one who came to pick her up, she may not have come. She would've missed out on.. this. Did Leyra understand that brutality wasn't the best tactic when recruiting. "Seldom would I ask this, but, did you have history with Leyra? She is obviously very fond of you." She had to ask. She so desperately wanted to know. She enjoyed knowing things and seemed as if she needed a lot of input. He was a handsome stallion though it had little impact. She was only fond of the beauty that lay inside. Yet, who couldn't he get tangled up with? If he wanted he could have child with every mare here.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.

OOC:: This table obviously has issues, so don't worry. I won't be using it again! xD
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Night had fallen once again, but there was no moon to light the curve of his back, no moon to set his white body aglow in the darkness. Few stars hinted in the cover of clouds, only on occasion did he see them when the cold winds tore an opening. Mauja flicked his tail and kept going, frosted hooves leaving circular imprints upon the newly fallen snow. Here and there he saw a flake fall, spiraling down towards the ground — it was the first snowfall of autumn out here, but in the south he knew it would only be rain for a few more weeks. They ran on different times, separated by an ocean, bridged by an isthmus, yet this was a different world, one of cold and snow and frigid nights, sharp bites. Irma rode the winds ahead of him, finding it easier — and warmer — to beat her wings rather than ride his shoulder. And when she flew, she was faster than him, her white body arrowing towards the mountain pass. Finally seeing the walls of their fortress against the horizon he pushed himself into a trot and let his long legs eat up the distance.

Once within its mouth the owl settled upon a rock to wait, out of the wind; it howled past her, funneled by the walls, but the jut in the cliff wall by her side shielded her from its icy blast. Seeing Mauja come closer she set off again, flitting easily through the pass, eventually leaving him behind again but finding others. Descaro she knew. The dark bay with the crystal horn was loyal and dedicated. Irma knew this was not the first horse he had brought home from the Threshold, but even aside from that he was a good one, frequently patrolling or answering the cries when intruders were found. In that way, the stone-hearted owl certainly approved of him, for he made things interesting with his presence, always ready to let some blood stain that pretty horn of his. The other, however, was a stranger, and she nearly tripped Mauja when she blasted into his head and told him he had a visitor. Cursing under his breath he regained his footing on the slippery patch of ice. The sun must've melted the snow on the pass's sides and the night frozen them.

Barely blinking her pale eyes Irma swept in low over them, her keen ears picking up the sound of their speech even as she heard the clatter of Mauja approaching, coming closer at a rapid trot. The spotted one with elk-horns wondered who they had to meet with, before saying Leyra seemed fond of him, and as she passed, the owl dipped a wing to try and brush Descaro's cheek with her outstretched primaries before wheeling in an arc. Beating her wings she climbed higher, seeing Mauja disentangle himself from the backdrop.

"As I recall, they shared a bit of fun and then fell out," he commented dryly from behind them, giving his snowy shoulders a shrug. She was shorter than both of them, feminine in build but not weak. Slipping to the side he tried to come up beside Descaro, putting him in the middle; on a whim he reached out to touch his dark hip, hoping he wouldn't get kicked for having revealed the little affair he'd had with the roan. Drawing up by his head he extended his muzzle to brush it across Descaro's, for a moment looking for his eyes, to hold them, impart some silent thanks — then he was half a step ahead, peering at the mare with open, questioning eyes as the owl came down to alight on his shoulder.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
The mare had followed them, but she had hung around farther behind them. She didn't want to intrude or anything, nor did she was to constantly argue with Descaro. Long pillars stretched out, pounding against the earth. The barren Steppe stretched for just a little further, and then it would be home territory. Flicking audits forward, the female brute lunged forward, soaring through the air. Landing lightly, the mare's cloven hooves collided with Basin snow. Hind legs follow, cloven hooves digging into the snow. The mare tossed her head, charging forth.

Slowing her gait to a slow canter, the mare was able to spot Dravilo and Descaro. Glancing up, she saw Irma, Mauja's companion. Only when she came closer to them did she see Mauja. She also heard Dravilo's question and Mauja's reply to it. "A short past that ended tragically." The mare snorted, small misty puffs slipping away from her nostrils. She trotted up to Mauja, standing nearest him. She payed no heed to Descaro an Dravilo. The female brute's muscular roan body stood out against the white snow. Hopefully Dravilo didn't start asking more questions of their past together. Flicking her ears back, the mare stepped forward slightly. Icy eyes run over Mauja and Descaro, settling on the pale feminine figure of Dravilo. Pulling her blue gaze from the pale mare, she stares at Mauja instead, blinking to keep flakes of snow from colliding with her corneas. Puffing air from her nostrils, the brutish mare stared at her cloven hooves.
[[Short post is short. :|]]

"speech"
Leyra
queen of crimson ice, so delicate
Credits
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi

He watched her pleasant appearance move across the cold land, her golden hues attractive to his dark, brooding eyes that simmered and lingered for a while before turning back to view the Basin as she spoke of it's beauty. He smiled briefly at that, it didn't often occur to him that their home was... Beautiful. So frequently he patrolled this land that the sentiment never really occurred to him, looking at it now with the intent to find it's handsome details he concurred that the Basin was, in fact, a very beautiful place indeed. A fleeting acknowledgement that he would most likely take for granted the next day, more interested in the fine craftsmanship of women than of scenery. He turned to her and flashed a gaze over her painted bodice, "I agree, it is beautiful" his tones were suave dark, like dripping honey.

Her next question took their conversation in a different direction and Descaro thought for a moment, who should he take her to see? There were many, he could track down Psyche herself or even find d'Artagnan or maybe Deimos, though the latter man was probably not a great idea. So short in words he was, the grunts were admirable, but maybe not best for discussion. Or so Descaro thought anyway. He moved his gaze back to hers to voice his indecision, but somehow got himself caught up in her beaming smile and found himself smiling back like an idiot. Mares. "Our family is a secretive one, it may take me some time before I can find one of higher rank than myself." He managed finally, looking away to regain his composure.

He'd of gone on if it wasn't for the soft brush against his cheek and the warrior jumped slightly before noticing the pale form of Irma. His eyes narrowed thoughtfully, noting that if Irma was here then surely Mauja must be nearby, it seemed he wouldn't have to go find a superior after all. Not when the Frostheart was so kindly coming to him. He concentrated hard ahead, but Zdravilo spoke once more and this time her words surprised him. So she had picked up one his and Leyra's strange relationship around each other. He found it quite amusing that she perceived a fondness and wondered what Leyra herself would think of that remark if she heard. Velvet lips parted but the words that came were not his, instead another familiar dry voice spoke and Descaro swung with a broad smile.

Mauja never seemed to change in the Soldier's mind, always as white as winter with very few spots covering his bulky body with a frosted blue horn marking him as a true brother. Descaro knew little of Mauja, but respected him all the same, he was still the Bane of the plague. Though his title amongst the Basin itself was still in question, but a title was a title in the end. It was what a stallion could do that counted most. Before he could reply he noticed Leyra for the first time, making a small remark that made him smile with mock sympathy and note her preference to stand beside the former King. Was she trying to capture his frosted heart now? He stifled a laugh and wondered if she was simply determined to have her heart broken. "I've had better, but I wouldn't call it tragic dear" he darkly snipped in before moving off to the matter at hand.

The matter that Zdravilo may indeed wish to take up a rank within the herd and so he turned his attention on Mauja. There was another reason also that Descaro was pleased that Mauja had come, but he would have to be careful as to how he chose his words. "Dravilo, this is Mauja the Frostheart, a legend among our herd." He nodded once to the big alabaster stud with a glint in his eye. "Dravilo here wishes to join our delightful herd and maybe take up a rank, I supposed if she wished to take up a higher rank than the basic one that she would be better talking to one higher than myself. I am, but a simple Soldier after all" he glanced at Zdravilo and Mauja to check he was right in his words before continuing carefully. "I will show you around the area, you can join me on patrol if you like, I'll tell you about the other lands and some of our herd's history." He was kind in his words, adding a spin on the last word for Mauja's benefit. Hoping the white Bane would catch onto to his double meaning, that Descaro meant to try and sway this mare to believe what the Plague believed. Just a gist of his meaning would be enough.

The Soldier fell silent then and awaited the words of the others, concluding that the day had turned out to be an interesting one in the end.
you won't get much closer, until you sacrifice it all
you won't get to taste it, with your face against the wall

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

ZDRAVILO
Don't fall, but fly...

"As I recall, they shared a bit of fun and then fell out," First came this white stallion with large hail-sized splotches over his bode. He had a horn that looked like ice... or glass even? His eyes were also that icy resemblance. "A short past that ended tragically." Leyra spoke. To be honest, Zdravilo had hoped Leyra hadn't followed them, but she did. Zdravilo only had needed one answer, but Leyra needed to give her another answer. "I've had better, but I wouldn't call it tragic dear." Descaro also added into the answer, but Zdravilo was more focused on the ice stallion's bird. It was a pretty thing. White and snowy.

Zdravilo was snapped back to their present conversation when Descaro's voice continued. "Dravilo, this is Mauja the Frostheart, a legend among our herd." Descaro spoke the the painted Zdravilo, but flicked his attention to Mauja. "Dravilo here wishes to join our delightful herd and maybe take up a rank, I supposed if she wished to take up a higher rank than the basic one that she would be better talking to one higher than myself. I am, but a simple Soldier after all." A simple soldier? Soldier were the bulk of the herd and without them, the herd would crumble. She hoped the stallion knew that, and if he didn't he'd find out shortly. He then turned his head and glanced at Zdravilo and then Mauja after to check he was right in his words before continuing carefully. He seemed to know where to draw the line, but all the negative answers Zdravilo had gotten on the Leyra questions put her in a slightly nervous spot. "I will show you around the area, you can join me on patrol if you like, I'll tell you about the other lands and some of our herd's history." Sounded fun to the mare.

Zdravilo lifted her respectable head and nodded. Her lips parting as she spoke softly and kindly to those around her. "I would love to learn about this place!" She smiled and looked at Descaro. "It'd be fun to patrol with you, but you should know.. I've never patrolled." Her lips beamed wider as she coyly tossed her feminine head. Whatever lit the sy also lit her golden splotches. Her crown twinkled softly.

"OOC :: kinda short"

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
[ apologizes in advance if this makes no sense. xD ]

Well, look at that. Descaro didn't kick him, which was fortunate because Mauja quite liked having his knees whole, and a moment later Leyra came up behind him, saying it ended tragically. And in a sense, he was inclined to agree, remembering the tears and the confessions which had spilled from her mouth earlier in the summer, before she'd left. It seemed that whatever had happened in her absence, she hadn't grown softer, at least. At Descaro's words, Mauja fought the urge to laugh. What a way to say it... He gave his snowy head a shake, knowing it wasn't his business to pry into, nor a subject he was particularly keen to keep up. He was far more interested in knowing who he'd brought back with him from the Threshold, who she was, what she wanted...

And look at that, too; he'd received legendary status. Muttering something unintelligible under his breath Mauja turned his head away for a moment, peering at the dark walls around them. Legend? Bah. He didn't feel legendary, and if there was anything Mauja was bad at, it was being flattered. He snorted softly before turning back to them, storing Dravilo's name in his memory. Descaro went on, saying he was only a simple soldier, and for a moment Mauja imagined an army of officers, with no infantry to carry out the orders. It'd certainly be.. interesting, if useless. Loyal soldiers was the backbone of an army, and as he watched the dark soldier, starlight churning in his gaze, he wondered if Descaro was fishing for a promotion. And, he could certainly imagine a few less suited for the position.

Maybe, maybe not. Who knew.

He could feel Descaro's body beside his, so close as they were standing; Leyra's flank nearly touched his on the other side. The soldier offered to take the new, so far quiet, Dravilo on patrol, to speak of history, and one black-tipped ear twitched. Emphasizing a word like that, usually only, unicorns or us, tended to mean one thing: potential Plague material. Interesting. He wouldn't have taken the soft-looking mare for someone who could sway that way, but then again, Kou seemed nice until you realized she wasn't. He hummed a soft agreement, watching her coy smile, the way she tossed her head. Oh, boy. She was probably longing to be rid of Leyra and experience Descaro's fabled company on her own, and Mauja raised his 'brows. "History?" he said, in a fairly light voice. "But that's so boring..."

A twinkle had come into his eyes, a slight curl to one side of his mouth; with that mischievous, lopsided smile he rocked back half a step and raised his head, his nose almost touching Descaro's ears. "There's so much else to learn.. and I bet Descaro here is an excellent teacher of eager pupils... But where would he start such a patrol, hm? Perhaps, up in the mountain range-" Grinning, he ran his muzzle lightly down the top of Descaro's mane... "- and then go down-" .. across his shoulder... "- to perhaps take a bath in the hot springs-" .. by his flank... "- and maybe explore some caves?" .. before finally resting it against his dock. For a moment he stayed there, his breath and touch so light against Descaro's skin lest the soldier move away; then he gave a bark of laughter and withdrew his head.

"Have fun, darlings," he said, winking at them both; suddenly his white body was in motion again, moving forward the steps he'd taken back, and he only stopped briefly when he was halfway past Descaro's head. "Oh, and — let me know if you find some profession you'd like to pursue, Dravilo. Welcome to the Basin. I'm sure you'll like it here." His gaze flicked to Descaro, a sly grin upon his face, and then he turned to move out into the Basin, to disappear to somewhere unless they called out to make him stay.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here