the Rift

[OPEN] Chee-z-fux

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?
I haven't the slightest idea.
It was a mid afternoon across Helovia. The wind was gentle and the air was crisp, whispering of a great change across the land of magical beings. Perhaps nobody had taken notice of it quite yet, and if that was true, then it would take long for the original residents to take note that something was drastically wrong. Somewhere beyond anyone's comprehension, there was a tear in time, in another dimension, and the dark creatures that lived there were leaking out in a great mass. Some were truly dark and wanted nothing less than to watch the world crumble, but for others... That was another story entirely.

The sound of thrumming hoofbeats could be heard ascending the path that led to the highest part of the Heavenly Fields, accompanied by an almost childish, carefree laughter. Rounding the lip of the hill came the brindled form of whom some might recognize as the Weaver of the Aurora Basin; after all, the same, twisted horns sat atop his head, and golden eyes peered out from the Trakenher's skull. But instead of the usual crude, sarcastic smirk that was melded onto the stallion's face, there was a carefree smile stretched across his dark lips.

A smile.

As he moved across the field and the grass below him set to tickling his cannons, he threw a buck and engaged in yet another laugh, find such joy in this freedom. Freedom from that wretched dimension he had been trapped in for years, where there was nowhere to go, no purpose to be had... But now, he was free to do as he pleased, and hoped that he might be lucky enough to stumble across somebody in need of his help on this day. That was all he really wanted to do; help.

Suddenly, the stallion drew to a halt, his eyes having spotted the most curious of sights. Standing before a thick of wildflowers and irises, Crowley dropped his head, nearly going cross-eyed as he focused on the black and yellow insect nestled atop one particular, petaled specimen. "... Hello, bee," he spoke up, his voice genuine and soft, as if scared that he might send the bee away in fright, "It's a lovely day, isn't it? I do hope I can find some friends around here. Do you know where I might look?"

[Obviously... <____< Anti-Crowley.]

"blather blather blather"

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

(*cackles*)

Aryel had no idea that two worlds had collided. She had no idea that shades, opposites of the horses of Helovia, were slinking in this world, exact duplicates in all but personality. At the moment, her thoughts were on her impending duel, her friend Lana's imprisonment, as well as the day-to-day matters of the Throat. It was for that reason that she plodded through the meadow, head down, all but oblivious even to the wonderfully crisp fall wind that tossed her mane and ruffled her feathers. Her ever-present companion rode on her shoulders, combing his thumb claws through the base of her mane, grooming the tangles and dust out. She appreciated his care, even if she didn't show it other than her grateful emotions through their link. Still, Java was unable to understand why the two had to fight. If she was mean to someone, he would be mean too, but Crowley's hellhound was too nice to be mean to. Why couldn't everyone just get along?

She had not anticipated seeing Crowley anytime before their fight. So, when she heard a bright laugh, he was the last horse she expected to turn around and see. But it was him, standing a distance away, his rear facing her. Aryel's ears swiveled backwards, and she rolled her eyes. Great. Now she had to share space with him and not kill him. She watched as he dropped his head, and heard him speaking to...a bee? Supreme confusion twisted the mare's features. Why would Crowley ever speak to a bee? Hell, why would he speak to anyone that wasn't a unicorn? Even stranger, his usual arrogant tone was gone, replaced with something earnest, almost childish. He was talking to the bee like a young foal intoxicated with his first spring.

Slowly, almost cautiously, she lowered her head to the ground and began champing grass. Maybe it was just a farce. Maybe if she didn't make eye contact, he wouldn't turn his attention to her.

At least until she felt Java's weight leave her back.

Before she could swear, Java had flitted towards Crowley, hovering briefly in front of him before landing on the ground. He tilted his head and gave a curious, quiet squeak, just as confused as Aryel, but also excited. If the brindle was nicer, the bat reasoned, maybe his bondmate would get along nicer with him! Aryel's glare was not missed, however. She was reluctant to approach the horse that was currently the bane of her existence, but at the same time she wasn't about to let her bat be hurt. Java, she thought at him, get back here. Maybe he didn't hear, or maybe he chose not to obey. Either way, Java was determined to get Crowley's, or at least the horse that looked him, attention.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Unfortunately, the brindle's striped friend seemed to have little to share with him in the way of finding friends in this new, strange land. In all honesty, it didn't seem to have anything at all to tell him; what was the matter? Was the bee shy? Was it mute, or simply ignorant to his words? Perhaps his breath was smelly... At the thought, Crowley was just about to apologize, until the insect suddenly spread it's wings and took flight, leaving the iris it once sat upon behind. "Thank you!" He called out, regardless of whether or not he had received an answer.

But now, Crowley was all alone. With a deep, saddened sigh, he took to scanning the field that lay stretched out before him. It was truly beautiful here, this mountain that reached so high into the heavens. He was almost certain that he could stick his head up through the clouds above him and give a personal greeting to the Gods, if there were even such things in this strange new land. A thought crossed his mind then; if he did indeed, pop his head through the clouds to personally say hello to the reigning Gods of this land... Would they be freaked out? Afraid of his profound skill at finding them in the first place? A mental chuckle echoed through his mind, but then, any thoughts of scaring the local deities vanished from his mind.

"Oh, a bat!" He exclaimed with a gasp, his golden eyes looking down upon the small black form that was suddenly in front of him. Such things were a rarity where he had come from, and Crowley was notorious for fawning over any sort of fuzzy little creature he happened to stumble across. The little one in front of him seemed just as intrigued as he was of him, and with a smile tugging once more at his dark lips, he dropped his head to get a better view of his newfound company.

"Goodness, aren't you just the cutest little chap I've ever seen?" Outstretching his muzzle, the stallion allowed the bat to investigate if he so pleased. Crowley more than towered over the winged mammal, and the last thing he could fathom doing was scaring the poor thing away.

[Anti-Crowley.]

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 5163603fe02bc]

She danced through the forest, moving and shaking her body to a beat of an unknown song. Oh how good the forest and sunshine felt on this day! It was nothing more than she wanted, but then it just kept getting better and better. She had suddenly tripped, and next thing she knew, was in a completely different place. The air was cooler and the sun wasn’t shining as brightly, and she knew it was Orangemoon. How strange! It was as if she had fallen down the rabbit hole, and suddenly come into a completely different season? Was she in the future? She thought to herself, but then she got up and skipped along. Who cared! She wanted to explore, and that was what she would do.

Still skipping along, she looked and found her friend Aryel, and her enemy Crowley. Oh, how she loathed and hated him so. She looked at him with a pouting face, but she skipped next to Aryel.

“Oh Aryel my darling! There you are! It’s been a while! Tell me, how is the little rascal? It’s been ever so long since I’ve seen him and you’re mate…hm, what’s his name again? Oh, you know me and my awful memory.” She laughs, one that is high pitched and silly, totally not what you would expect from her. She turned her attention to the brindled stallion, flicking her tail in a disdainful manner. “Oh and look just what dragged itself here. Hello Crow, shoo will you? I want to spend time with my best friend, if you have a problem with ruining everything per usual.”

OCC: Apparently, her and Aryel are bffs, and her and Crowley hate each other xD

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

TABLE BY - DRUID

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

(OMG Dingo that picture xD)

To her irritation, Java refused to return. Instead, he stretched his neck forward, sniffing at Crowley's muzzle. He wasn't acting anything like Java remembered. When Aryel had been stuck under the root, Crowley had laughed at her, and so had the mean wolf. Realizing something, Java looked around. Where was his hellhound? Giving the brindle a puzzled look, he wished he could speak to horses other than Aryel.

Speaking of other horses, a second one joined them, a monochrome unicorn like Crowley, but a female. Aryel backed up, more confused than ever as Elizabeth sauntered up, giggling like a filly. The last time she had seen the charcoal mare, she was her usual trash-mouthed unpleasant self. The two had been trapped in a cave-in in the Arch, and had to resort to working together. That hadn't stopped them from bitching at eachother. But now she was acting like they were best friends. "Um, I think you're mistaking me for somebody else." said the roan, her ears flicking back uncertainly. "First off, I don't have a mate. And unless you mean Java, I don't know a 'rascal', either. Also, I was pretty sure we hated eachother." She swung her head to Crowley, who would have most likely noticed them by now. If there was one thing Aryel could do, it was voicing her opinion. "And you! You're the snidest, most irritating horse I know. Hell, we're set to duel later in the season. And then I see you cooing over Java like you've never seen him." She stepped closer. "You two get bumped on the head or something?" It wasn't that she cared about the well-being of those particular horses, but something just wasn't sitting right. Aside from their strange demeanors, she noticed more subtle things. The feathers she had traded Elizabeth as part of their truce were no longer woven into her mane. They bore the same herd smells, but Elizabeth acted like they were old enemies, just like Aryel and Crowley were (or used to be?) And Crowley's pup was absent. Had it died? She tried to tell herself that she didn't care about the pup, as it no doubt would have turned into a demon like it's master, but still. Things were just too strange, as she was going to find out why.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>

Much to his delight, the bat did not seem to look upon him with fear. Instead, he acted nothing less than curious, if not a bit confused. With the slightest tilt of his own head, Crowley lifted his head back up and emit a soft chuckle. "Don't worry, little one, I am not going to hurt you. What kind of barbarian would do that?" The thought was bitter in his mind, for what kind of monster would go around harming those that were so small and innocent? It was sick to think that some had to be that way, and Crowley wished them nothing less than to burn for an eternity in Hell.

There was a rustling of grass behind him, and with a start he jerked his head to the side, careful to keep his feet planted lest he step on his newfound friend. What he saw coming his way, however, caused the brindle's heart to skip a couple of beats. The mare that approached with her black coat and silvery markings instilled a cold terror within his breast, and he was unsurprised that when she set her sight upon him, it was with a nasty look of hatred. She had taken residence beside another mare, this one with wings of the deepest blue and the most gorgeous markings etched upon them. He'd not noticed her until now, his mind preoccupied with investigating Java.

Elizabeth wanted him to leave, but he had been here first! He wasn't really so bad as she claimed; a little clumsy and ungraceful on his feet at times, but it was all with good intentions. Unwilling, the stallion's lips twisted into a pout, and subconsciously, his lower lip began to tremble. What had he done? He'd come here in search of friendship, only to be stood up by his stripey friend Mr. Bee, but it had been made up when he found the little bat who was without a name. Now, however, this whole trip seemed to be falling into a melancholy abyss. Even the roan had turned fierce words upon him, claiming that he was irritating, snide, and... what was that? They had a fight planned?!

In almost an instant, white hot tears sprang into the stallion's eyes. "B-But I've never seen him," he proclaimed, his bleary golden gaze glancing momentarily to the bat, whom he now knew as Java, "And... I-I think you've got me mistaken for somebody else; I'm not m-mean." Crowley sniffed, willing himself to suck the tears back up, but any attempt was all in vain. The Pegasus couldn't possibly be talking about him... could she?

Now, his gaze turned to Elizabeth, and his ears drooped back, almost to the side, in a pathetic manner. "I... I don't know where else to g-go... I don't even know where I am!"

[Anti-Crowley.]

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 5163603fe02bc]

Another laugh echoed from the black mares maw, and she ignored most of what Aryel said. She was just too happy to be brought down with such things, and a little incompetent also. But just to humor her, she answered in a rather blurred way.

“The rascal, your foal? You do remember having a child, don’t you? I’ve heard child birth, although with it’s miracles, it not all that easy and kind of…painful!” She made a face, and shook. Oh how she hated the thought of pain, and causing it to others. “But Aryel, you are so brave! And…what? Hate? I can’t hate you, or anyone else! Oh Aryel, why did you not think I didn’t like, I mean, love you? Honestly, there is nothing to dislike. Oh, and who is this little guy? He’s so cute! Is this the Java you were speaking of?”

Just like Crowley had done she put her nuzzle to him and sniffed him, a bright smile on her face. She then moved to him, the brindled one, and circled him. And didn’t think he was different, but was he? She couldn’t think of another brindled stallion, but she shrugged half heartedly, and bowed her head and spoke.
“I guess I did mistake you…oh I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to be so rude; it’s just that that guy…ugh, he just makes me want to clean so much! That’s how I take my frustration out, cleaning! A clean home is happy home!” A giggle rings from her lips, and she looks back at him again, and walks a step further towards him. “So, if you aren’t who I think you are, who are you? I’d really like to know so that I can properly introduce myself. Once again, I am so so so sorry!”

I move awake, my face red. This was everything that my mother taught my not to do, and I have failed her. Why was I such a mean little girl? I flicked my tail, telling myself I was a bad girl, and that I would get my punishment someday.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

TABLE BY - DRUID

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

(Found the perfect picture to summarize Aryel's feelings.)

What the...was he crying? Instantly, Aryel regretted her words. She and Crowley, or at least who she thought was Crowley, had hated eachother since they first met, but now he was acting so differently that she felt like the jerk. "Hey," she said gently, lowering her head. "I'm sorry. Please don't cry. It's just that...your name is Crowley, right? And you're part of the Aurora Basin herd?" There had to be some explanation for their strange behavior. Maybe Crowley had a twin? The fact that he didn't even recognize the meadow sort of broke that theory, though. She was still betting on bizarre wide-scale amnesia.

She turned back to Elizabeth as she giggled about Aryel's fictional foal and cooed over her companion much as Crowley had done. Nothing was making sense here. Had everybody around here gone insane? Java, for his part, was enjoying the attention. "Well, I do have a son," Aryel admitted, "but he's adopted. I didn't give birth to him." She watched as Elizabeth approached Crowley again, apologizing again. Trying to imagine Elizabeth bustling about a cave cleaning it up and failing, she flicked her tail indecisively. They looked like Elizabeth and Crowley. They sounded like Elizabeth and Crowley, even if they didn't talk them. They even had the same scents. "Has anything odd happened to you two at all recently?" she asked.

(Friggin muse crash.)

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>