the Rift

[OPEN] Both Blind in Different Ways :: Takara, Open

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Ru</style>

soft to the touch.</style>

As dusk had fallen, Hotaru had grown restless. Used to being alone with her thoughts, her own mind had turned against her and driven her into meekness that was born into her personality as if to stunt her growth. So she had waited quietly for the sun to go down and for ebony ribbons to start trecking their path across the wide expanse of the sky. When she opened her eyes to survey that her family had fallen asleep or had gone off to their duties, the quiet lass gathered her thin legs beneath her and slipped off into the twilight without a sound. They would likely not miss her, for she and her twin often disappeared for hours and even days on end without returning. Having known nothing else, Hotaru was not worried by this blatant disregard for her whereabouts. Auntie Kota and Apollo were often the two that kept the best eyes on her, but with their duties they could not keep the strawberry femme from slipping free of the borders. Once she had passed said invisible lines, she breathed a soft sigh of relief. Though the Foothills was beautiful to live in, her thoughts sometimes led to her feeling claustrophobic. In the end she simply had to escape, go to a place where it was only here and the stars.

All throughout the night she walked, youthfulness granting her energy that she slowly burnt throughout her travels. Farther than she had ever gone, Ru could not summon the energy to worry over knowing the path back home. Instead she let the softly glowing lights above her light her way, dropping their color into locks of moonshine spun with a kiss of the sun in every few strands. It danced on the pearly color of her horn, lifted the shades of the coral along her back and the cream that coated her legs. Despite having been up the entire day before, and traveling instead of sleeping, Hotaru didn't actually feel tired. Instead she merely watched as her frost painted hooves flashed idly in the moonlight with every step, trailing to and fro with no real care where she ended up. Her thoughts would figure themselves out.

Scent of the ocean drew her in, strawberry audits flickering up curiously. Muzzle twitched softly at the salty smell and a small smile drifted upon her lips as she recalled her first memory of the massive body of water. She had met Torasin that afternoon, and the scent that she had memorized from his coat seemed to be awfully similar to the lands she was approaching. Unveiled seafoam iris blinked nervously, excitedly. Did Torasin live here? Would he be happy to see her if she ran into him? Thrilled at the idea of seeing him again or making new friends, the princess quickened her pace to a jaunty trot, locks flowing behind her in a display that was beautiful to everyone but her. As she approached what was clearly the border she paused, hesitating. Ru didn't know the proper procedure for crossing into other lands, and was afraid to do something wrong or get in trouble. Inside, her mind yelled at her for being such a wimp, the voice that always seemed to sound like Raeden. Taking a deep breath she continued on, wide eyes taking in the exotically different scenery. Unlike the Foothills it was colder with the breeze coming off the ocean, but it smelled far sharper and more beautiful than anything else that had touched her nose. Entranced she found herself following a bubbling sound that almost seemed to be joyously laughing.

What she found was a small natural spring, the water springing up as if it were alive. Imagining fairies and mystical magics, she giggled and took a small sip before moving on. There was so much to see and explore, and awe filled her face as she stared up at the massive trees, decades old, that far surpassed those in her own herdland. When they separated for her into a small pasture of silver moon-frosted grass, Hotaru giggled very softly to herself and lowered herself down right in the middle of it, rolling in the sweetly perfumed blades that cushioned her softly. When she stood again she shook herself out like a dog, readjusting her forelock to hide the silvery color of her left eye, as if the moon had kissed her iris and left her unhappy with her opposite, the sun. Ru liked imagining this story more than simply accepting that her left eye was not in the best condition, because it made her feel far less lonely. Flicking her tail idly against her ankles she stared up at the bright glow of the celestial queen. Before she realized what she was doing, she began speaking. "Why can't I be normal, Miss Moon? Did you really bless my eye, or am I just imagining that you exist?" Hotaru knew vaguely of the Gods, but had never met them and her mother often didn't speak of the Moon Goddess because of the curse she had set on her. Sighing once more, she watched the tiny cloud that formed around her snowy muzzle. It was growing colder. "I'm really lonely sometimes...so I wait for night to come, and then I talk to you. Is that normal? I wish I could be as pretty as you...I always imagined you would be really pretty." Another sigh, this one full of sadness and longing. Raeden was the beautiful one, not Hotaru, and she knew it was a foolish wish to want that to change. A single diamond tear slipped from her hidden iris, dropping soundlessly to the ground at her hooves

<333

[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Takara Posts: 19
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 14.3 :: Yearling Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Takara

Without warning Takara bolted of into the tree's laughing and giggling all the way. It seemed that nothing could ever put the filly down. She bashed though the tree's ungracefully, scraping her rump on the rough bark of tree's before eventually tripping over a large rock and going head over heels and landing with a small thud on her back and slightly on her side. Her eyes were squeezed shut because she was giggling and laughing so much and almost crying with laughter. She may have looked strange, yes, but she didn't care. What's wrong with looking stupid if you've have fun?!?! That was the rule of life she lived by.

A bird above in the tree's tweeted a few notes, then flew of, and that made Takara laugh more. She hadn't randomly started galloping and laughing. Instead she had been playing 'chase' with the bird and had just manged to nap the tail feathers of the fat bird before tripping and tumbling. Weather the bird saw it as a game though Takara didn't know, but she was pretty sure that the bird found being chased fun. Her laughter continued for a few more minuets after the bird had flew of before it died down.

She sighed happily, still lying down but then a voice cut though her happy thoughts. "Why can't I be normal, Miss Moon? Did you really bless my eye, or am I just imagining that you exist?" Her ears pricked. By now she knew that others could see, and she couldn't, but it never held her back. The voice contiuned and Takara, forgetting her fun, slowly and quietly stood up and pin pointed where the voice was coming from. "I'm really lonely sometimes...so I wait for night to come, and then I talk to you. Is that normal? I wish I could be as pretty as you...I always imagined you would be really pretty."

Takara picked her way though the tree's trying to be quiet and not let the excitement of meeting a new friend take over her because she had a feeling that the fellow foal she was heading to was not as happy as she was but in fact, she was crying. She appeared from the front of Hotaru and halted a few paces before her but her body was angled to the left side of Hotaru, as if she was talking to someone else. "Hello? Are you ok?" Her voice was soft and kind although her tone still have excitement bubbling in each word, just not as much as normal.

"talking the talk"

٭٭ NơƐണí ٭٭@flickr

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Quiet wonderland had been broken by the rustling of another being in the area around her, and Hotaru's ears flew back against her head in fright. Was it a monster? A ravenous predator? An angry herd member? The leader? Knees quaked softly until, lo and behold, a painted chestnut face popped from the midnight array. Quaking breath left her softly, relieved that it was not only a harmless soul, but a filly of her own age! Regardless she was wary, as Raeden wasn't exactly the best rolemodel for friendship at times, and Hotaru didn't know any others her age. The thin femme moved forward towards her, far-away jade eyes focusing a little to the side of her. Understanding filled her immediately, and knew better than to be rude and ask even if she hadn't.

Surprise filtered through her own eyes, unseen though her face may be. The fae spoke kindly, with sincere concern for her well-being lacing the dulcet tones she spoke in. Shock having stopped her tears quite easily, she cleared her throat softly and moved a few steps forward to create sound for the filly to follow. "I...yes, I'm alright, I'm sorry for bothering you...I'm Hotaru," she stuttered softly, though hope coated her voice as well. Out of all her friends, none of them where beneath yearling days, and the prospect of having a friend her age excited her. Blind or otherwise, Hotaru knew that everybody was born the way they were for a reason, and the little fairy seemed quite confident despite what others would consider a disability. She was rather pretty as well, with a beautiful heart cut out of rusted carmine and becoming a brilliant filled in alabaster design. Hotaru let her ears flicker forward, pausing once they were at a more suitable distance, waiting for her to make the next move.

Hotaru
you never know the power of yourself, until that is all you have left to rely upon</style>

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Takara Posts: 19
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 14.3 :: Yearling Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Takara

The voice that answered her was soft, with a sad tone to it. "I...yes, I'm alright, I'm sorry for bothering you...I'm Hotaru," Takara smiled and soft with confidence. "You're not bothering me, I was just playing chase with a bird. I'm Takara." she tried again to turn her face towards where the voice had come from. That was the only thing about being blind that frustrated Takara. She never knew if she was looking at the one she was speaking to or not. The filly breathed in deeply, her sense of smell was starting to strengthen more than the rest of her senses... Or maybe it was because that was the one she used the most? "Where are you from? You don't smell like the others from around here." The filly was curious. Was there other lands outside of her home? If so why had she not explored them yet? Were there other herds.. Well of course there had to be, the WeyrLeader Mirage said there was... Could her new possible friend be from the Dragon's Throat? So many questions ran through the blind child's mind.

Quickly she refocused her mind on the filly before her. Has she been speaking to the Goddess of the Moon? Did that mean the Goddess was here? Just in case she straightened up a little bit. Softly she asked her. "Were you talking to the Goddess of the Moon? Is she here?" Ok yea so what, she revealed the fact she couldn't see to someone not from the Edge. It was another filly. What harm could she do? Besides, even if she tried Takara had a slight advantage. Her Momma, big brother, and twin sister weren't far. She was safe.

"talking the talk"

٭٭ NơƐണí ٭٭@flickr