the Rift

Where have you fallen to, little bird? [open]

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

You'll see her again, Comadre says. The dragon seems to forget at times that the pair practically share a mind, and his attempt to inspire hope in his bonded fails quite miserably. It was useless to try to arouse within the unlikely pair a glimmer of hope, when all they had seen thus far had been shadow and darkness. The shades had taken the Woodlands, tearing into the ancient trees mercilessly. When the herd had left, Osiris fled to the mountains, seeking out the only family he had left - the wolves.

When he had arrived, the sister he had gotten quite close to was anxious. Quite a few of his former friends had fallen victim to the callous cruelty of the shades, which paid no heed to the difference in species. Her own mate had recently met his end lower in the hills, attempting to find a clear way from the land of Isilme they sought to flee before the spread of the disease made any possibility of escaping impossible. The sorrow which lined the features of her face was reflected in that of the great wolf now, as he limps through a foreign forest, golden eyes hardly capturing the scenes, too busy dwelling in the past.

With the help of their half-brother, Osiris, and his companion Comadre, the remaining members of the small pack made it out from the land of Isilme alive. However, along the way, several of them had gotten injured - Osiris no exception. Since the time had passed, injuries and blood had healed, but the injury to his front leg had never quite ceased its pain. An infection had festered at the base of his paw for some time now, oozing occasionally, but staying relatively contained. His leg remained swollen up to the joint of the knee, making it quite difficult to walk. The gash, now months old, refused to close completely because of it. The wolves had tried to aid their larger friend, but had not the tools necessary.

None of them were healers.

The ragged group of wolves had remained with Osiris, including the sullen matriarch of their pack. They had traveled slowly, mainly due to the injuries they had obtained from the exit from the shade-ridden land of Isilme and the harsh month of winter. Now, they moved more or less at the pace the hybrid's injured paw would stand. When they unknowingly entered the land of Helovia, the hybrid, dragon, and small trio of wolves, moved no differently than if they were still in an unpopulated land. Heads were held low, shuffling gaits around, except for Comadre - the ever cheerful dragon who flew beside his bonded quietly now.

Purple eyes watched what the golden ones would not - they watched for any familiar face, but mostly for that of a dappled pony's hidden behind a bulk of white hair. To hold hope at this point was foolish, but no one had ever denied that Comadre was a fool.
""

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
An inquisitive trill sounded, mere feet ahead of the group. Perched on a low branch, his two-toned blue hide almost blending into the shadows cast by the trees, sat a dragon. His jade eyes were inquisitive as he watched the wolves, the wolf-horse, and the black dragon. Being bonded to one who had been a healer, the wounds the big one sported were not missed, and a wordless alert was sounded.

His bonded was not all that far away, and responded to that alert with alacrity. She turned and wove through the trees with an ease that was borne from a couple seasons almost exclusively under the canopy of trees. All of the east was trees, of varying heights and ages, thus leading to her familiarity. Unerringly she headed toward them, guided by the draw of the dragon who watched.

Like a shadow she broke from the shelter of trees and underbrush, and faltered to see the wolves. Dark eyes glanced ironically up at the blue perched just above her head, and he offered a simple chirrup in response. His image had focused on the hybrid and his dragon, not his traveling companions. "Hello," she spoke in greeting. "I was told you might have need of my aid." Her gaze was curious as she studied the stallion. He was strange, certainly, but not all that much stranger from the dragon-stallion that Mirage had found whom she had observed so briefly before.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
BLAME IT ON HELL'S FIRE AND ON MY DESIRES
THE SKIES ARE CRYING
BLOOD.

The Deep Forest had called to Ophelia's sense of unbridled curiosity, and even after running into a small, passionate colt, she stayed. These trees were ancient, and the water pool whose bed was filled with blood was an entity that she desired to understand. Something about this forest reminded her of Isilme, perhaps because of the Woodlands? She was unsure. Until she had found solid ground in the Dragon's Throat, Ophelia had been wandering in sorrow, plagued by her memories.

But now, the Sun God had given her hope, and she had something to live for besides guilt at what her sister would think should she disappear. Again. With a small sigh, she continued her grid-like pattern of walking through the trees, her eyes scanning each trunk and committing it to memory; the map inside her brain spread into intimate detail, and she would know by heart where she was in these woods at all times.

Sounds of shuffling and noises of life alerted her to the fact that she was no longer alone, and two pale ears twisted in the direction of the sounds. Briefly, she was irritated that she would have to break her path to explore this phenomenon, but her curiosity gained hold. The white and crimson yearling trotted strange fearlessness into the depths of the forests. What could she fear when her sister and her had escaped the shades? When she had spoken to the powerful sun god? Perhaps this was a foolish notion, but he confidence was not entirely unfounded.

Like a spectre in the dark, she peered into a small clearly, spying three wolves and... no... Her mind would never fail her, but her eyes? Osiris. Her heart began to beat quickly and she struggled to breathe deeply. All this time she had thought that her childhood friend had succumbed to the darkness of Isilme, but he was here.

"Osiris?" she asked, taking a few steps forward. She was different than she had once been. Her black baby fur had given way to a pearly white beneath, but her eyes and crimson coloring had remained.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Hidden Account

Dragon. Comadre's sensitive ears pick up on the trill of another immediately, and suddenly life snaps back into the spines of the pair. The wolves walking beside their companions notice the change in energy almost just as quickly, setting their hackles on high alert. Little sister walks forward, standing possessively in front of the much larger body, her yellow eyes waiting for someone to step from the path. Meanwhile, the little obsidian dragon's mind is racing, searching for the consciousness of another. There is a brush near by, pulling his attention toward it. Someone was here.

They all stop in unison, bodies holding still with rigid musculature. The shady body pulls out from the trees like a nightmare, and the female wolf growls visciously at what they all believe much to their horror is a shadow creature. For that moment before she speaks, the wolves and Osiris have an angry fear rising in their bellies. To leave Isilme only to find such a plague elsewhere would be too much to bear - especially since the large hybrid can no longer run in his state of health.

Her voice and grulla coloring, more obvious as the golden eyes focus on her, sets Osiris at ease. The wolves too lower their hackles and relax some, though they are obviously standing protectively around the great stallion. "We are fine," Osiris says, his golden eyes looking rather blank and distrusting at this mare. She has a dragon, Osiris, Comadre goads, trying to get him to trust her more. She cannot be too terrible. Osiris knows this is false. Someone with all the defects in character possible could still gather themselves a companion - just look at him.

The crunch of another approach is heard by the youngest of the wolves first, her head snapping toward the filly before she can even utter out the hybrid's name. Of course, the attention then shifts toward Ophelia, all of those except Osiris, who refuses to take his eyes off of the grulla mare, until, of course, that small voice pulls him by his name to look at her. Golden eyes, sorrowful and tired, look toward Ophelia slowly, without recognition. Her pale body is not the one he was seeking, not even the right species. Still, this girl knows him; he should know her.

Comadre is the one whose eyes target that of the filly, noting with excitement the mismatched pair of crimson and blue. The eyes which Osiris had so fondly thought of are remembered immediately by the dragon, who claws at the thoughts of his bonded to get him to recollect. "Oofree," Comadre's voice chirps, even as he zooms toward her with excitement, stopping to perch on her horn before flopping down, hanging like a bat from the long appendage. Violet eyes stare at Ophelia with warmth.

"Ophelia," the wolf finally says, his baritone voice surprised. "I am glad to see you well." With his heart finally feeling the push of hope, like a small breeze, he starts to ask the question that immediately came to his mind. "Are there others?"

Hidden Account
They seemed as startled to see her and she was of them. Well, perhaps more. One white-edged ear twitched, tilting back, as one of the wolves growled at her. It was answered by a warning hiss from the dragon above her, before the blue dropped from his perch to her haunches. He was smaller than even the smallest members of the pack, but the smoke that trickled from his jaws warned of his superior skills. But the tension eases after she speaks, and the hybrid's dismissive words almost had her laughing.

"Forgive me for not believing you, Wolf-Brother. But Zaffre has been watching you long enough that I know you limp and your leg is sorely wounded. It looks an old wound, unlikely to heal further without someone tending to it. As it is, I've been healer to two herdlands and have a good grasp at herb lore." Her voice was mild, amused, as she watched him. "Its not like I'm asking anything of you in return."

Her observant eyes caught the movement of one of the wolves, turning to look off in another direction, and she turned even as the stallion did. There was a young mare then, who spoke the name of the hybrid in recognition. Smoke, in turn, recognized her. At least her lineage. It was hard not to see her dam and granddam in her pale coloring and build, her sire in the crimson that tipped mane and tail. A gentle smile crossed her features. "One of Paladin and Solstice's daughters." She said quietly, observantly. Osiris conveniently had named her in turn, so she didn't have to ponder further as to which one she might be. "I'm surprised you and your sister don't come to the Foothills every now and then to visit your kin." There was no judgement in her voice, but a gentle nudge toward a line of conversation. That it in part answered the hybrid's question was besides the point.
Ascended Helovian

THE SKIES ARE CRYING
BLOOD.

Smoke, a mare she recognized from her brief stint of childhood in the Foothills, stood nearby, her dragon challenging the dangerous wolves. She longed for that sort of companionship, and her heart sighed in her chest. For as long as she could remember, she wanted a dragon to share a bond with, and it seemed that all of her friends found eggs - as if the universe was taunting her. Perhaps the Sun God would hear her prayers for a dragon that she could care for, but she would not hold her breath in waiting.

When Osiris looked at her with darkened golden irises, not recognizing who he was looking at, her excitement fell. Two, dual colored eyes looked at the ground, and she swallowed her emotions down hard. She knew that she should understand that others could not remember like herself, but sometimes the easily forgetful memories of others stung. As she was looking away, a familiar, little voice called out a unique version of her name, and a smile crossed her lips. Comadre recognized her, and she sought out the dark dragon in the shadows, luminous violet eyes giving his location away.

Ophelia looked up just in time to see Comadre flying towards her head, and she snorted, chuckling as he clung to the horn on her brow. She could not see him anymore as he was stuck in her blind spot, but his scales slid across the white hairs on her nose. Then, she spied his little face in the corner of her vision and playfully tossed her head, sending him bouncing on her forehead. "Comadre!" she exclaimed affectionately, tail swishing happily at her fetlocks.

Then, Orisis said her name, and she smiled affectionately at the half-wolf, his dragon still dangling on her forehead. He asked if anyone else made it, and her eyes grew distant, a frown forming on her lips. "I thought that you..." she trailed quietly. "My parents and my sister survived. Smoke, Adele, Aaron..." she trailed, thinking. "Many more I recognize but have no name to the memory. Many did not make it.

On a sharp inhale, she smelled dried blood, and her brows furrowed. "Are you hurt?" she asked. Smoke then spoke to her, recognizing her lineage. "Soleil," she corrected gently. Solstice was Aaron's mother. When Smoke mentioned going to the Foothills, Ophelia's eyes turned sharp. Seeing her father always inspired mixed emotions. "Perhaps Ktulu will go spar with father soon. She was wanting to be a warrior."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Hidden Account

The black dragon coos playfully at Ophelia, jumping from her horn after the playful toss sends him bouncing, flapping his wings to keep him from flying off. Normally, Comadre would be rather rapt with the blue dragon flying by the grulla mare, but in this circumstance, seeing an old friend was far more exciting. He lands next on Ophelia's shoulders, stretching his long, snake-like body up to rub his reptilian face on the unicorn filly's cheek. "Ooohh," he coos, another shortened version of her name painstakingly pushed out by the none-too-suitable reptile jaw.

The wolf's attention was still on Smoke, who was chiding him with her amused voice about his injury. The eyes looked fiercely at the mare, untrusting and feral. Still, Osiris was not a violent creature nor a malevolent one. His intimidation ended where his looks failed to scare strangers anymore. Since she and her dragon only seemed to be put on edge by the frightened pack of wolves and himself, the hybrid loosened his posture to allow the wolves to relax as well. There was no need start violence here. The great wolf looks to the mare with weary appreciation, as she offers to heal his injured leg.

"You may take a look if you wish, lady," he says, nodding to the little sister still standing protectively in front of him. She wishes to look at my leg, sister. The wolf reluctantly clears a path, her body still hovering beside the stallion cautiously, golden eyes watching the movement of the grulla carefully.

Osiris, his face turning to Ophelia as she speaks, begins to warm as she speaks of others. She claims to recognize even those who she cannot name, and the wolf's chest beats with sudden hope, his golden eyes taking on a vibrant light. "Have you, by any chance, seen a dapple grey pegasus? She would not be very tall. Perhaps your height, maybe shorter." Virva, Comadre says in his mind in response to the description.

The scent of blood and puss finally reaches the white filly, and Osiris winces at her question. "When we were leaving, one of the shades managed to tear into my leg. It is not a major injury." The females then fall off into pleasantries, and Osiris listens quietly, not knowing much of what they speak.

Hidden Account
Patiently, she waited for him to make up his mind. He didn't trust her, and she didn't blame him. He likely had a bad track record with first encounters. At last he relaxed, just a little, creating a chain reaction amongst his lupine kindred. That wary look softed to appreciation before he spoke words of acceptance. The last to settle was the she-wolf who stood before him, who relunctantly eased aside but never stopped watching her.

"Apologies, Ophelia. Solstice is one of my warriors, as is your father. She and your mother have such similar names, I misspoke." Her ears twitched to angle briefly back in apology as well, before she nodded to the pale mare.

Then she approached Osiris, relaxing her own posture and lowering her head. After a moment Zaffre settled as well, though he watched the wolves just as carefully as they watched his bonded. She studied his wound from just close enough to get a good look at it. "The majority of the pegasi have made homes for themselves in the Throat to the south or here in the Forest, but I haven't seen one of that description." She spoke conversationally. "But some of Isilme wander in at different times, not all were with myself or the defenders when the herds fled." There was meaningful upward glance up at Osiris at that, before she suppressed a small smile.

"It is infected, if nothing else. Your wound. It needs cleaned, and bound. What would do it the most good is to go to the ocean, to the west. Have your black put pressure on it to make all the infection come out, then walk in the waves. Then have your black wrap it in moss and ferns for a day or two, then let it heal up." She withdrew then a few steps. "You can ask the healers of the Throat or the Foothills for a poultice after you've cleaned it out. The Edge, to the northwest, likely wouldn't welcome you." An amused glance was cast toward Ophelia. "But you'll have someone to speak for you in the Foothills or the Throat, whichever you choose, if you ask at all. It will heal without, but a poultice will reduce the pain and speed the healing."
Ascended Helovian

THE SKIES ARE CRYING
BLOOD.

Ophelia smiled softly as Comadre's scaly face rubbed against her cheek, and she glanced downward with a crimson eye, able to see a dark blur in her vision. She hummed softly as he tried to speak her name, simply... happy. "Comadre," she said back, her attention turning to the foul smelling injury on her friend's leg. She watched the wolves with keen interest, glancing at them kindly as they cleared a path for Smoke. Each was so protective, and she could not help but think of her own, closely-knit family.

The young mare glanced at Osiris as he asked her about another, saw the way his eyes lit up hopefully. As much as she wished to give him good news, she could not lie. With sorrow in her features, Phi's ears slid heavily to the side, and she lowered her neck. "No," she replied. "I live among the pegasus, and I have lived among a neutral herd. I have never seen a mare matching your description; I am sorry." She slowly approached Osiris and looked at his leg with a deep frown.

She inclined her head respectfully to his wolfen family before frowning deeply, her heart filling with pain and sadness. "I am so sorry, Osiris," she replied, glancing up into his deeply golden eyes with her own strange ones. She listened to Smoke speak about his wound, and she thought fondly of the windy, beautiful beaches. "I will be more than happy to guide you to the beaches, and if you wish, I can take you to either of the herds. My father and mother still live in the Foothills." She offered kindly, selflessly.

She smiled at his family, unafraid of their fangs and claws - foolishly so, perhaps. "I can guide you as well to where you wish to go. I promise that as long as Osiris is here, he has good friends."

Hidden Account

The grulla mare begain to speak as she observed his leg - had she given her name? - but Osiris's eyes remained on Ophelia. With the attention of their brother not rested upon the frame of the mare close to his leg, the wolves watched her carefully, but with less distrust in their eyes. Obviously, this mare meant to help the great wolf, not harm him further. The last sentence she spoke caught his attention enough for him to glance down, catching the smile and look cast by the grulla.

His lips tug up for a brief flash of a second, half-hearted and tired. She meant well, Osiris knew this, but they did not inspire much confidence. Just because they wander in at different times, like he had, does not mean that she would appear. Her corpse could be left in the land he had fled, her own spirit turned to violence and anger. Shadows with red eyes.

Ophelia's girlish voice attracts his attention, golden eyes noting with amusement how Comadre had made himself comfortable on the filly. Traitor, he thinks jokingly to his dragon. The black one just sends amused looks his way, violet eyes bright and happy. The look on Ophelia's face, however, told Osiris more than her words that she had nothing good to tell him. The hope in his eyes crumples, discarded unwanted in the past moments before the door of possibility was slammed shut. I have never seen a mare matching your description, I am sorry.

The sentence rang in his mind with finality. Comadre coos sadly as well, knowing instantly what had been said. Virva did not come here, the dragon says. "I should not have left her alone during such times," the wolf says quietly to himself.

A guttural noise of a growl whispers in the air as Ophelia makes her way toward the hybrid, and thus his wolves. She is a friend. She is welcomed, Osiris says tiredly in his mind to the wolves, who then loosen their posture, the younger pair coming closer to sniff the air around the unicorn cautiously. Little sister has not moved, her eyes still watching the grulla and her blue dragon.

Osiris listens to the bonded mare, and she explains what to do. He nods absently, but he is truly thankful. His mind keeps him trapped, captive to the running thoughts about the gray pegasus, replaying his few moments with her before the world had collapsed around them. The wolf shakes his head, trying to focus. Ocean, ferns, healer. He was quite uncertain about a healer or how to navigate these foreign lands, even with the general direction given. "Thank you, ma'am," he says politely, but absently. Feral golden eyes, like the wolves surrounding him, glancing toward her face without much recognition.

The apology rings in his mind again, and the wolf realizes that Ophelia had slipped it somewhere in their conversation, perhaps during his recollections. "It is alright, Ophelia," he says gently. "You need not share my sorrows." A small smile is given to her, before she begins to respond to the words given by the healer. She was so kind, but the girl was not even a mare yet, so maybe this would wear off under the test of time. Osiris hoped not, for certainly, there had to be kind beings such as her to outweigh the evils in life.

"I would not want to impose upon you," the hybrid says frankly. "I can find the wa-," his voice cuts off as she begins to speak to the wolves. His head tilts to the side, one ear cocked back in confusion, as he watches her fearless face. Her eyes warm as she spoke to the wolves who could not truly understand what she said. Little sister finally moves her eyes from the grulla to the white one, who she knows is addressing her family. What does she say, brother? she asks Osiris, still watching her with amused golden eyes.

She wants to guide us where we need to go, where we wish to go. The hybrid looks over toward the female, his eyes sincere. Mountains, brother, she says without hesitation. Mountains.

"She would like to go to the mountains, if that is possible," Osiris says, still looking at the wolf. "They are originally from the mountain range of Isilme, so I imagine she wants to be as close to home as possible." He pauses, turning his face back toward Ophelia.

"If you could lead them there, I would be forever grateful."

Hidden Account
"You're not the only one to not know if your loved ones made it out," was the soft murmur that responded to the hybrid's muttered words. She knew he had not meant for herself or Ophelia to hear, but the words had reached her regardless. Quiet compassion gleamed in her eyes as she gazed at Osiris in understanding. There were two in particular she wondered about, every day. But she had to be strong for the Foothills, and not linger on that wondering.

Then the conversation seemed to leave her out, but Smoke didn't mind. Her advice had been given, and it was up to him now to take care of himself. No longer did she have the magic to patch him up where he stood, not that she expected him to let her do so, even if she had that skill.

Instead she listened and watched. Her dark head inclined in silent approval at Ophelia's words to the wolves, and her ears twitched as she watched the stallion look to the pack for an answer. "The mountains are north of here. The Foothills lay at the base of one range, the other is nearer the Edge. They are welcome to establish themselves near my herd, as we will not take your visiting them amiss. Just so long as they cause no mischief with our foals." There was a light, joking tone in her voice as she spoke that last, and a smile offered to the she-wolf who led the pack.

It occurred to her finally that she'd never actually introduced herself to Osiris, and that her name hadn't come up otherwise in conversation. "I am Smoke, by the way. One of the Foothills leaders and sometimes known as the Wild Rose." She gave a rueful smile then, before falling quiet.
Ascended Helovian

THE SKIES ARE CRYING
BLOOD.

Ophelia felt compassion for the strange, handsome hybrid as the light that shone in his eyes was extinguished as the hope of finding his love was gone. She knew that feeling intimately, only she thought that he had passed. The wolves tense and growl at her, and she respectfully paused, knowing that his family was trying to protect him from evils that no one could face alone.

She smiled kindly at Osiris when he told her that she did not have to share his sorrows, and the young filly sighed softly. "But I do," she replied quietly. "I thought that I had lost you and Comadre. Perhaps... she will return, like you did." The crimson and white filly mused that this grey pegasus must have been someone very special.

After speaking to his family with the mental translation to help, she nodded before looking to Smoke. She knew the exact path Ophelia would take to reach the mountains - through the Foothills. "Smoke is right," she said. "The best way to reach the mountains is through the Foothills."

Ophelia glanced between the two adults and then knit her brows together in a deep, concerned furrow. "Are you going to come along, Osiris? You really should not be alone right now..." she trailed gently, knowing how lonely it was when you thought you lost everything. If Ktulu had not been there when they found Helovia, Ophelia feared that she might have turned out a completely different mare. She did not want Osiris to have to suffer the crushing defeat of loss and the ache of loneliness alone.

The young filly closed her eyes to think before snapping the two tone orbs open again. "We can go north and hit the foothills before making a shift to the west to reach the shores on the northern half. All we would be doing is making a slightly elongated curve, and we could stay together," she offered, her eyes distant as her mind traces a path on her mental map.

Hidden Account

Loved ones.

Osiris was not certain about the title the grulla mare had placed upon Virva, but it felt strange. Immediately, he wanted to bark at her that she was wrong, his lips tugging upwards to actually follow through with this action. Still, something stopped it half way, locked the denial somewhere in his chest. Did he love the pegasus mare? Potentially so, for she was kind and playful, and paid no heed to his differences. Despite his often cold nature, she had managed to become close to him. Did that qualify as love, being close?

The wolf did not know, but certainly something made his heart drop like a stone from his chest when they had not seen her. That feeling, was that the loss of a loved one? The opposite of finding one that you loved? He could not help but wonder.

There was compassion in Ophelia's words, but somehow he could not bring himself to believe them. Virva was a strong mare, despite her smaller stature, but he had not seen even a glimpse of her before the Shades had truly begun to overrun territories. He had not gone looking until the fall of the Woodlands, but they were one of the last herds to topple to the creature of death. Maybe she had escaped from the Islands, flown back the way she had come? He did not look for her. She would not come back. Osiris answers the unicorn filly's musings with a small, saddened smile, hardly worth the effort. Too much had happened today for the hybrid, and already he could feel his nerves slipping.

The talk of the mountains gave the wolf something else to think about, though the grulla mare seemed to know more of them than Ophelia. Smoke, she introduced herself finally, and Osiris nods. "I have heard of you - a former leader of the Oasis." The joke she shed before her introduction touches him, though, and he laughs, an ugly sound. "I think we will have more trouble with the foals causing mischief for them." His golden eyes look warmly toward his wolven family, who had been protecting him endlessly since his injury.

Ophelia asks him the direct question he had feared, whether or not he was coming. The hybrid sighs tiredly, his warm glow leaving his face as he looks to the girl's own dual-toned eyes. They were warm and compassionate, laced with worry, but the wolf could not give her the answer she wanted. "I am never alone, Ophelia," he says, looking toward the dragon still perched on her shoulder. "Comadre will keep me company." The dragon chirps in agreement, though he has been quite distracted, staring at Ophelia's pretty dual colored mane and shiny white coat to pay attention to the conversation completely.

"I would hold up the travel of my family, and I have been a burden enough upon them. Besides, I think warm ocean water would be better than the chilly waters of the north." The hybrd gives her a gentle smile, before turning his attention back toward Smoke. "Forgive me for being rude earlier, Smoke. My family would be quite happy to live within the Foothills, and I will visit them soon." He gives her a gracious nod, before looking toward the female wolf who was calming more by the second.

Little sister, you will be traveling to an area known as the Foothills. I will visit when my leg has been healed, the hybrid says, looking at her with familiar golden eyes. Travel well, brother. We will meet again. The wolves then separate from Osiris, falling in beside the she-wolf and waiting quietly, eyes looking around a bit timidly, not hardly as fierce as they once were.

"Come Comadre," Osiris calls, glancing over at the dragon who pounces from Ophelia's shoulder over to his. The hybrid begins to walk forward, his limp obvious, but otherwise a dignified gait, continuing west toward the shoreline.

Hidden Account
A flutter of surprise ran through her when he admitted to familiarity with her reputation, then Smoke chuckled softly and nodded. "Yes, I led the Oasis with Aera briefly." Deliberately she avoided the reasons as to why it had been brief. None of them needed the reminder. "Likely." She agreed with him. "My own daughter might be one such, I'll have to warn her and any like-minded youngsters."

Her gaze was warm as she watched him, and stayed that way whenever her gaze drifted toward the pack of wolves that kept him company. Her observant nature had caught the brief moments of introverted musing, though she knew naught of what roiled beneath his unusual exterior. Only guesses, speculation. Some of it might be quite accurate, but she kept it to herself as she watched and listened and waited. It was Ophelia who gave the gentle nudge to get this group stirring, and Smoke nodded in understanding and agreement when Osiris spoke of never being alone. A trill was given when Zaffre gave voice his own agreement. The blue had settled quite a bit, stretching his length out into a comfortable position.

"It is alright, Osiris." She spoke to assure him, and gave the wolves a smile. "We will keep an eye out for your visit, and your friend." There was silence then, as she turned to the pack and apparantly communed with them for a few moments before heading off towards the west. Dark eyes watched him, then looked to Ophelia and the she-wolf. "I can be their guide if you'd like to keep an eye on him." She offered quietly, glancing to Zaffre. "We can send word once the pack is settled."