the Rift

Into the fray [open]

Lanark Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

L A N A R K
Direction is a point. Direction is a purpose. Destination is a reason to live.

Starting over is always hard. A soul becomes accustomed to the comforts of home. But, honestly, how can a soul expand if it's expected to live in simply one way for the rest of its days? Such were the thoughts that rested in Lanark's mind as she trudged down a strip of forest, parallel to a looming, vast mountain. Her long legs snapped twigs by the pair and the pale mare was undisturbed by the noise. She tried to keep her head low in order to avoid the tugs and pulls of low hanging branches. She felt as if they were not only scratching the surface, but also scratching at something deep inside of her. Something that was trying to pull her back home. Something that didn't want her here, in this strange forest that was the furthest west she'd ever been. But she'd made her decision sunsets ago. She knew that once she stepped even an inch outside of Theryane's blessed lands and away from her father that she would never be able to go back. She just needed to keep reminding herself that this was for the better. Yes, her logic may be naive but at least she's willing. At the age of five, she had been in the world much too long to have seen nothing of it. She wanted to feel the breeze on a mountaintop, and race through endless fields, but more than that, she wanted someone to feel these things with. Not a lover, not a friend, but an ally. She wanted to share her secrets, mourn her losses, and rejoice in happiness with someone. Growing up as the Theryane's daughter left her following the mass of downtrodden, expectant ones just waiting for something important to happen. Lanark was tired of waiting. She was going to find and do extraordinary things. She wanted nothing more than to leave her mark on the world, and this was the first opportunity she'd ever had to pursue that.
She slowed her pace down as feelings of light fatigue started to set in. The sun was moving ever lower behind the mountains and her heart quickened slightly. She whipped her head around to make sure her scare was unjustified. Nope. No one there. Just keep walking and find a place to hole up. We can find adventure tomorrow. Her small, white ears flicked repeatedly and her tail clamped itself tightly around her rump. She knew there was nothing real to be afraid of, but every shadow of a tree and every whistle of the wind made her skin jump. She pushed herself against a large tree and stood quietly. She tried to settle her nerves with deep breaths and anticipated the soon to come nightfall.

OOC: First post! Yay! I'm super excited to find an active RPG after so many years after my favorite one shut down. I'm haptic, and this is obviously my first post after a long hiatus from RP. Constructive critique is always welcome on all of my posts and hi :3

Neo edit: Welcome! <3 I just closed the table properly for you. :]

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

The brute’s silver threaded mane fell on his right shoulder. His grullo shaded body was luminous and shiny as the sun’s rays washed over it. He was in no mood to fly today even though it would take less time to get to the Threshold. It had been a while since he had been at the Threshold. There were many new horses that lurked there, unclaimed and looking for a home. The brute wondered if anyone wanted to come home with him to the Throat. The Throat was the best herd and family that he could have asked for. They took him in and made him who he was today. If it wasn’t for them he would not be the horse he was. Kri was a great Sultana as she surely took care of her herd well. Everyone just worked together almost perfectly and Levi knew that if it wasn’t for Kri, who knows where he would be.

Levi was now a Dragon’s Throat Sergeant. He was a soldier for the Throat and loved to stick by his work. Being a soldier was in his nature and he loved every minute of sparring that he could get, training or challenge. He also got to work with his fellow Sergeant Aryel. She was Levi’s good friend and moving up the ranks with her was honorable. They were able to work together which was great for the brute since he enjoyed it very much. Shaking his head he slowly arrived at the Threshold. Picking up a trot he held his head high looking for someone. Taking in a deep breath he trotted forwards going through the sweet musky smelling trails. His hooves made a nice rhythmic sound as he made his way further towards into the woods. His silver orbs searched as he made his way, although he was not paying much attention. The grullo stallion was interrupted, once again, by his thoughts. He wondered why Orange Moon had come so quickly. Was it the seasons that were changing to quickly or was it that he was so busy that he could not watch the world change?

His thoughts were none other than something of his normal. Commonly Levi was always wrapped up in his thoughts and if he wasn’t then he would do something wrong. He always had to think about things before he did them. Slowing his pace down to a walk, he raised his head looking up towards the tree tops. The sun’s rays slightly blinded him temporarily as he walked forwards. The calming sounds of the birds chirping kept him relaxed. It was almost as though he had too many things that were going wrong that he needed to just have a break. Suddenly he saw a white figurine. His silver orbs curiously looked over as he saw the figurine rested against a large tree. Whoever it was they seemed to be very relaxed. Levi thought this would be the perfect time. Pressing himself forwards the grullo quietly walking towards the figurine and stepped in front of them, but far enough away to keep his distance of respect. Her creamy elegant look brought his attention to the mare. Her ivory mane was pressed nicely along her neck lines. Giving a smile and a courteous bow Levi spoke to her in a calm tone. “Hello madam, lovley day isn’t it?" Levi looked at her kindly as he prepared to speak again. “My name is Levi. I am a Dragon’s Throat Sergeant, may I ask if you need any help?”

[OOC: Well, it was a very good first post! Welcome to Helovia, it is a great site and yes these members are extremely active. We have a lot of fun here so feel free to join us:D If you have any questions feel free to ask me or an admin! Enjoy!]

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

L A N A R K
Direction is a point.
Direction is a purpose.
Destination is a reason to live.

Lanark was lost in repose when the large stallion uttered syllables to her. The first thing that struck her about his appearance was the way the setting sun illuminated his body. He was shiny and new looking. Even his eyes seemed to gleam at her with a metallic hue. She had never seen anything like him before and she was quite awestruck. Every one she had never known looked like her. I guess I just assumed we were all the same. Attached to his body were large, dark wings of a bird. He seemed so surreal, like something you would dream restlessly about at night. But this wasn't a dream. And he had addressed her, and being raised to be courteous, she replied, struggling to not lose her words in his presence. "Twas certainly a lovely day, but it seems the night will steal it from us. I suppose I would ask for assistance if I knew what I was doing. However, I had resolved to simply hide away here tonight. So as not to get myself into any trouble. I came from the hills in the east and am quite fatigued." The words burst out of her speedily. Her attempt at eloquence had probably made him laugh inside, but at least she tried. As soon as the last word escaped her lips she was dreaming again. She was dreaming of his wings, spread out before her, and the way the light would glint off of them as well. What kind of a place had she come to? Was it a place where everyone looked this abnormal? Perhaps she would now be considered unique, if only for her simplicity.
She didn't miss it. Of course she'd only been gone for a few hours, but she didn't foresee herself missing it either. She was so desperate to learn about this enigmatic world she'd stepped into by chance. She felt as if this whole place was touched by a magic hand of sorts. She didn't know much about it yet, but she knew she was never going back.

OOC:Sorry for the shortness on this one DX I have a sociology exam and its taking over my brain until tomorrow.

Neo edit: remember to close both table tags. <3

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

The northerly burst through the rippling foliage behind Africa; dragging at the anxious limit of the brushwood’s bony grip. The gust was not in her favour, though the young naive horse’s attention was far from the wisdom of her mother and those lessons learned; life’s manual indeed. The swishing golden grass fell dim suddenly beneath the overshadow of a narrow curl of cloud- it was the first of a vast collection scattering the wild blue sky, all of which would unite perhaps, in a furious argument of the elements much later in the evening. The sinking sun escaped its prison; Africa took no notice. Soon evening would stumble through the thickly wooded Threshold and the young horse pressed down a narrow track, her stride swift with an urgent desire to travel homeward. She passed quickly and quietly through the last shafts of struggling sunlight, stirring spores into a frenzied dance as she went.

Foolishly, and although she was daftly aware of presence, the grey horse passed strangers by unwittingly. Perhaps something she would regret as the time passed her by so quickly. Then, like lightening itself, an untroubled voice both humble and familiar, peeled through the air striking Africa’s inattention. The soil between grassy tussocks was slick with the past week’s rain and swallowed her hooves greedily when they paused so suddenly. Dark ears swivelled in the same instant, tracing the greeting back from whence- or from whom, they had come.

Africa had met Levi once, and the circumstances had been far from pleasant. She paused, a small distance from the stallion, and watched intrigued as he greeted another, grey horse. She lacked the adornment and decoration of feathers- that is what Africa noticed first. With pricked ears she turned, shifting her direction towards the pair- Sergeant and stranger. As she neared, she caught the grey mare’s response and couldn’t help but giggle as she drew to a halt between them. “You wouldn’t get yourself into trouble...” Africa’s young voice was light spirited, as she dipped her face both respectfully and fondly towards her brethren. “Evening Levi.” She dared not bring up Kri, it was irrelevant anyway. “I’m Africa, Levi’s sister in a sense.” She smiled freely, well at ease in the company of the stallion. “Forgive me, I must have missed your name.”

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

Levi looked at her with interest as she spoke. His twinkling silver orbs were with kindness towards her. He did quite enjoy meeting new horses, especially if he were to be able to recruit them. Having new members come home was such a great feeling, to know that there was a lot of support and to give someone a home that really deserved it. “Ah, I see darling.” Levi gave a grin to her with a genuine chuckle “If I may ask before my idea, what is your name?” Levi thought she was a kind mare so far; she seemed to have exempt manners. Levi enjoyed talking to her and wanted to give the cream colored mare a calm and peaceful place to rest. She seemed as though she needed it

“Since you aren’t going anywhere in a hurry, why don’t you come to my home lands with me. We can assist you with shelter, water, and food. I will stay with you if you feel you need me and in the morning we can go see the tour of the herd lands, meet the members, and maybe if you want be accepted into the herd.” Levi was not the kind of horse to push anything on anyone so if she did not feel that she wanted to stay then Levi would be okay with that. Suddenly he was interrupted when he saw the new horse from the Throat appear in front of him. She must have remembered him because the way she looked at him it was as though they knew each other. It took him a minute, but then he remembered her. She was with him when the whole Kri situation happened. He felt awfully bad, but he knew that he could make it up to her. If she didn’t leave after that then she really was being a great member. In a sense he felt more relaxed that she was there, after all she was his sister and Levi loved his family. Giving her a quick bow, he dipped his head greeting her with a kind smile. “Greetings my sister, Africa, how are you on this fine evening?” Levi looked from Africa to the horse that had no name as of right now. “Africa, I am so sorry about what happened in the Throat the other day. I am normally not like that, but I just wanted to apologize because you had to hear that and we can discuss the matter a different time if you want to hear a long story.”

He felt better knowing that Africa knew he was sorry, but he didn’t want to be rude to the pretty creamed mare. He waited to see what would happen as Africa started to talk, Levi looked at the creamed mare to see what she would say.

[OOC: Sorry for the late reply!]

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

L A N A R K
Direction is a point.
Direction is a purpose.
Destination is a reason to live.

The one named Levi spoke to her softly. It made her feel assured and calm for the first time in hours. His words were like honey, seeping into her ears and filling her body with warm, sweet notes. As soon as her lips opened to offer her name, and a response, a second winged horse came upon their meeting. This one was a mare, with a similar coloring to Lanark. Normally, when approached by two horses with massive, unknown appendages protruding from their backs, she would assume the correct emotional response would be fear. However, she felt calm in her presence as well, just as with Levi. They spoke fondly of a place called "Dragon's Throat". The stallion offered her a home. A real home? A home where she was welcomed and cherished? A home with loyal friends and great opportunities? A home where she would eventually learn the secrets of this land? The decision took her less than a second to make in her mind. "I would certainly not mind a place in your home...for the night." She was careful not to sound too overenthusiastic. Just in case her sense of calm was misplaced, and they weren't as nice as they appeared. Maybe it was simply their wings. They were like blessed creatures, bestowed with these extra limbs by the love and grace of some god.

By this time, the sun was burying itself into the mountains nearby at a quickening pace. Pieces of conversations from nearby horses could still be heard, but the sounds were dying out slowly. The barely sunlit shadows cast an eerie glow around the three horses and Lanark was reminded that she had probably made the better decision to spend the night in a herd, rather than in this spooky place by herself. In a show of good faith, she took a step away from the tree that she had clung to in the beginning of the meeting. Not so much as to make the group feel crowded, but enough to illustrate that she was not afraid, and was eager to leave this place. But part of her nagged that she would not be safe even there. Part of her warned that she wasn't making the right decision. However, these small thoughts in the back of her mind held no bearing on her overall countenance, and so she remained quick-limbed and ready to learn more about "Dragon's Throat".

OOC: Sorry for not closing my tags >.> I just noticed your edit, Neo.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

The afterglow of daylight saturated the sky, and Africa’s pale eyes reflected the scattering colour as it fought the lean shadow of impending dusk. Her expression was respectfully courteous, as she looked with silent compassion at the stallion while he addressed her. The greeting was warm and sincere and Africa swelled with the same prideful ambition that had overcome her when she had first been introduced to Midas. It was a close knit bond that united the Throat and all of the horses therein, and the young impressionable Pegasus had wholeheartedly accepted her placement amongst them. Levi did not alienate her; despite the suddenness of her blunt intrusion. Naturally Africa gave little forethought to privacy and etiquette- she was a childish character, though with trusting and pleasant qualities also.

The tolerant horse welcomed her into their conversation lovingly and his words in the situation were dignified. Although uncouth temptation and desire to know the juicy details about all that had happened with Lana (oh, the treachery and excitement), licked across her ripe tongue, Africa graciously replied, “I am sure your reaction was as personal as it appeared heartfelt, Sergeant.” She smiled softly towards the mare, his company, apologetically. Certainly she could not understand the issue spoken of, and Africa realised that perhaps it might seem rude that they so openly discussed the matter. Quickly, she finalised her thoughts, and concluded. “If you need to talk, friend, I’m a great listener.” She did not mind this way or that whether he meant to take her offer of support, but Africa was well satisfied that perhaps relationships in her thus far short life might be starting to shape.

Even as the shadows grew deeper, an urge to finalise her own business consumed the dapple grey and she touched her velvety black muzzle to the warm slope of Levi’s shoulder. The desert dust veiled his scent well, though Africa found it attractive none the less- it promised security. The mare had spoken, accepting a bed for the night. Africa thought fleetingly, that their journey would need to be swift if they were to see Dragons Throat before the night’s end. “I will look for you in the days to come.” She promised reaching forward with gently fluttering nostrils, but she did not touch the grey yet. Boundaries were still to be decided, and Africa did not want to sour the prospect of friendship with forwardness. “I must continue now though, see you soon.” Africa bid each farewell with an eloquent dip of her head, and turned then, slipping with quiet fluidity into the gloomy arms of the moonless Threshold.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Unregistered
Hey, Levi, are you posting again?

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

The scenery of the Threshold was starting to get chilly. The comfort by the sun’s rays was starting to disappear behind the horizon. Levi’s appearance had a tint of orange as the sun was starting to leave its world for the night. Pretty soon he would be greeted by Moon and then experience the whole new world that was brought out. “Mam, I would most certainly want you to come home, at least for tonight if you please. It’s going to get cold… and I want you to stay warm and safe.” Levi’s eyes almost smiled at her as he wanted to show her that he was safety, the Throat was safety, and she could be home.

The silver grullo held Africa’s gaze when she had stated that it must have been for a heartfelt personal reason. Levi did not know how she caught on so quickly, but she appeared to know exactly what it was about. A smile drew from his dark lips and his silver orbs sparked with excitement. His eyes were sincere and he almost did not know what to say to her back. How did mares always know? They just always had so much sense and they were just comfortable… unlike many stallions that Levi had met on the way of his life. They’re not so warming and understanding, in fact, many of them ended up sparring with him. Although, the only stallion that Levi came to know that were trustworthy and understanding were his Throat Brothers. He knew that they were and always would be there for him. “Yes, my dear sister that was it. Thank you for understanding.” Levi ‘s clear honey like tone rang into the air. His eyes once again watched as Africa moved her muzzle to light brush Levi’s shoulder. Her velvet touch made him grin as he curled his neck to meet her touch. “Alright Africa, we will see you there then. Safe traveling!” With that Levi smiled towards her and watched her leave.

The night was now approached upon them and Levi wanted nothing more but to travel as soon as they could. Walking up to the still unknown named mare, he smiled once again kindly. “We must travel now, for we have a way to go. And I want to get you there as soon as we can so you can get something to eat and drink. Follow me my lady.” Levi gestured his left wing for her to follow him. Then he left it open for her to come into. He wanted to shield her from the cold. As he left that option up to her, he waited patiently for her to come.

[OOC: Sorry my reply took forever! And also, Africa, I just replied to your first thread because I want to make a new thread in the Throat for us three :3]

"blah blah blah."