the Rift

[OPEN] let's talk || {Romani, Open}

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

How many months had it been since he had seen Romani? He missed her and it was time that he figured out if she had ever met her friend or not. When they had last seen each other, she told him that she could not remember anything about a few horses that she had claimed to have never met before. They remembered Romani though and were saying that they were her friends. It was a strange thing, and Levi had never heard of something like that in his whole life, but he was determined to help her out.

Levi wanted knew he had to find her and the last time he had seen her the Ivory manned had told him that she was a part of the Foothills. Levi knew that he would have to go there to find her because that was her home. He did not care if he were to get into trouble on his way because he knew it was only in the best intentions for his friend. As he was thinking, the brute suddenly took a sharp left turn. He almost forgot the he way flying. Squinting his silver orbs he did not realize that the Foothills were not the same way as he thought. He was heading towards the Edge…

The thought of Romani and Kasai made him smile as he adored Kasai. She was the cutest white tiger he had ever seen! Well, she was the only white tiger he had ever seen, but he knew that if he were to see others that Kasai would still be the cutest. A slight chuckle came out of his throat as he remembered Kasai batting at his wings. It seemed to be very entertaining for her to just play with his wings and pretend that it was some kind of prey or something. Suddenly, the wind blew against the air ripples that were allowing his wings the slice through the air. He started to lose control a bit as he flapped his wings. Levi was unsure why he was not able to have such control. His weight seemed to be pulling him down harder and harder, although he was in no shape to continue he knew he must land immediately. Making his wings more affective he pressed them against the width of his body and nose dove downwards. He went as far as he could before he knew he had to open his wings. He roughly glided to a stop almost tripping over the unfamiliar terrain. The thought never occurred to him where he was until he noticed that he was in a really unfamiliar place. He was confused to whether he was in the Foothills or not. It didn’t seem very familiar and the scent was certainly different from what he remembered. Slowly he walked on looking to see if there was anything familiar about it. Nothing… That’s when Levi realized he must be in the Edge.

[OOC: Shot post is short. *slaps self* Also sorry it really sucks! Sorry Sprow:/ And also anyone from the Edge is welcome if they would like!]
"blah blah blah."

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Through the brush the little monochromatic feline prowled, her hackles raised as she hunted. Eerie ice-blue orbs focused intently on the form of an innocent creature; a bird that had flown down in the morning light to snack on an unfortunate worm. As the saying went, 'the early bird got the worm', but in this case, it was more befitting of the young tigress that snuck her way through the thick vegetation that made up her new home.

It had been some time since Kasai and Romani had moved from the Foothills to the Edge, due to certain circumstances. While the young striped feline oftentimes found herself missing the rolling plains of her bond-mate's home, she knew that because Romani was close to her new family, Xanthos and Jasiri, that she was happy. And because Romani was happy, Kasai was happy as well. Plus, she got a new friend out of it, in the form of Azel. Azel was Xanthos' King Cheetah companion, younger than her by a few weeks, but nonetheless capable of holding his own during their playful and sometimes overly-agressive romps.

A chirp from the bird that was currently enjoying its morning meal snapped Kasai from her reverie, and in that moment the cub let out a small huff. She needed to focus, less she lose her prey... Hunkering closer to the cool, damp earth, the feline's spotted ears tipped back, the tip of her striped tail flicking left and right in an agitated manner. Except, she wasn't agitated... No, she was simply doing as she was bred to do; hunt.

The brown bird was oblivious to the tigresses' advance, focused entirely on the wriggling form of the worm that it held in it's beak, but before Kasai could make the pounce, the sound of something crashing through the trees startled the avarian. It gave an alarmed chirp before taking off into the skies. For the briefest of seconds Kasai stared after it, ears perking up in surprise, and almost in a delayed reaction the cub darted after the bird. The striped feline's back paws pushed off the earth in a clumsy leap, and her claws extended to try and catch the bird, but to no avail. With the advantage of flight on its side, the bird was long gone.

Landing upon the ground with an aggrivated huff, Kasai stared after the disappearing form of the bird for a few moments before she realized that whatever had startled it was standing nearby. Hackles raising, the white tigress padded forward, idly pushing her mental bond that she shared with Romani outwards, hoping that the palomino mare was close by. Immediately the cub was rewarded with a metaphorical loving caress, assurance that yes, Romani was close by.

For a moment Kasai seemed to debate with herself, torn between waiting for Romani to catch up or going to investigate whatever creature was in the trees with her. Deciding that she was independant enough, the tigress proceeded to prowl through the vegetation, constantly responding to Romani's mental questions, sending the Haflinger mental images of where she was. Popping her head through a rather large collection of bushes, Kasai shook her head, then focused on the creature that she suddenly spoted. Ice-blue orbs lingered on the Pegasus stallion that stood in the forest in front of her, his wings extended as though he had just landed, and immediately her hackles rose. Who was this? He didn't smell of the Edge, or anyone that she knew... But almost immediately after that thought, the white tigress realized that despite him not smelling of the Edge, she recognized his scent altogether. It was Levi, the Pegasus who had played with her when she had been younger.

Immediately Kasai bombarded Romani with images of the Pegasus stallion, sending one after another until she could feel Romani's excitement bubbling through their precious bond. Yes, now her bond-mate knew that Levi was here. Giving a soft, but joyous growl from her maw, Kasai pushed free of the brush, padding up towards Levi with feline grace. Even though she was larger and more filled-out than the first time that they met, Kasai was certain he would recognize her.

Suddenly, the sound of muffled hoofbeats rang through the air, steadily approaching. It was Romani, Kasai knew, and turned her head away from Levi to spot the Haflinger mare appear through a thicket of trees. The mare, always beautiful in the cub's opinion, looked harried and startled, the thick ivory strands of her mane laying in a disarrayed heap upon her head. Those soft, loving, yet crisp azure depths glanced to the monochromatic cub before shifting to Levi, and almost uncertainly she took a hesitant step forward.

"By the... Levi? Is that really you?" Romani's voice echoed through the trees, positively joyous at seeing Levi there, in the Edge. What was he doing here? Was he alright? It had been so terribly long since she had seen her dear friend, and she hoped that everything was alright it him during their time apart. Immediately she thought of her family, Xanthos and Jasiri, and realized that Levi wouldn't know of them. Back when they had met, she had still been suffering the effects from the Moon Goddess, who had robbed her of her memories... Now, though, she knew just who she was, and the Haflinger was elated that she could fill Levi in on everything.

"Levi, my dear friend," she exclaimed, a bright, elated smile turning her dark lips upwards, "Oh, it's so good to see you again!" Moving foward, the shorter equine stretched her muzzle out towards the grullo stallion in a fond, friendly greeting, nostrils flaring to intake his familiar scent.

[ooc: I'm so sorry for the wait, Ava! D: And, long-post warning. XD]

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

Silver threads of my forelock rested in the crest of my forehead. Stormy grey orbs flickered with strain and my ears ticked towards from the instant rustle. There was movement in the brush, but I could not see any kind of figure that lurked hiding in the distance. The obnoxious rumbles from the brush made my neck rise so I could try to spot out anything or anyone. “Hello?” My honey coated tone offered. I wanted whoever or whatever was there know that I was coming in peace. I came here for one reason, and that was to find Romani. Surely the herd mates of the Edge would understand and help me find the Foothills. The Edge offers an alliance with the Throat. Although, I am not quite sure if this bond of the string is still reassured by its knot, I am convinced that I am safe here.

A deep velvet roar answered my thoughts. The striped sleek and angular feline, crossed gracefully towards me with her icy orbs fixed on mine. My instant reaction was to rear and bat my front hooves out at her, but for some reason I held back. It was something about her eyes that told me she was no harm. Then the light bulb went off in my brain. This was no blood thirsty predator that was coming to eat me, this was the adorable Kasai! She had changed and by this I mean so much. Her white scrawny body was now filled and nourished with shape. The shape of her skull had grown, and she was lankier. She was stunning tigress, and she seemed to be just as happy to see me as I was of her. There was one question that bubbled inside my brain. If this was Kasai and she was in the Edge, then were was Romani?

“Kasai!” I urged with excitement. I knew there was no time to waste, so I threw myself towards the new and improved Kasai. Her voice, the sound of an angel, was what told my instincts to stop when I heard the call of my name. Instantly, my heart pounded with excitement and my neck strained again to watch the figurine of Romani come towards my presence. “Romani!,” I yelled in her direction. I couldn’t believe that she was here! Why was she here anyways? Questions were flooded in my brain, but I did not let that stop me from racing to meet her. “yes, it’s me, Levi!” I cooed with delight. Finally reaching her presence, a grateful smile was placed across my dark lips. As she referred to me as her dear friend, I felt touched. My features lightened and I felt honored to be just near her. Reaching my muzzle out to meet hers, I inhaled, taking in her comforting scent. The touch of our muzzles felt kind and welcoming. I didn’t want to break away… I wanted to stay there and know that she was there and okay and that she was gleeful to see me and I was overjoyed to see her. “Romani…” I whispered heartfelt before I broke the touch away. “I’ve missed you more than you know. I have been thinking about you and looking for you everywhere. Where have you been my lady? And why are you here and not in the Foothills?” I know I was asking so many questions, but I just had so many of them that I had to get off my chest.

After my little rant, I stretched my muzzle down to offer affection to Kasai. “Wow look at you! You are such a tigress now. You know you kind of scared me because I didn’t recognize you at first, but once I did I could not believe how grown up you look.” I chuckled slightly, and my orbs even seemed to be smiling at her. I wanted Romani to answer me, but I knew that the explaining might take a while.

[Sorry for the wait Sprow! But that was a great post, I'm really glad that you waited<3 ]

"blah blah blah."

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Romani could scarcely believe it. Here, in the Edge, was Levi! It had been so terribly long since she had last seen the grullo Pegasus, and she had become worried about his whereabouts at their lack of communication. Was he alright, she had wondered. He was a man of arms, serving the Dragon's Throat with his very life, much like she was doing with the Edge... A fear had settled, rising in her crimson breast on occasion, wondering if some ill-fate had befell upon one of her dearest friends. Family and occupation, however, had stopped the palomino from searching Levi out.

Now, though... Here he was, in the Edge, and that worry dissipated the moment that their muzzles brushed in a familiar form of friendly affection.

At their hooves, Kasai purred and growled in happiness. Not only was Levi a good friend of to Romani, but to the black and white tigress as well. The moments of her youth, when Levi had playfully tousled his wings in front of her for her to bat at had not been forgotten. The memory lingered, kindling the bonds of a deep friendship. It wouldn't be the bond as sacred as the one between Romani and Kasai, but it was a firm grasp of understanding, of pure, innocent friendship. The tiger's tail remained high in the air, and she moved happily around Levi's front legs, brushing her sides against his fetlocks as she wove in between his legs.

Romani smiled brilliantly, her forelock laying in a disarrayed heap around her eyes, but she couldn't find it in herself to care. She took a step back from the Pegasus, simply to put a bit more distance between them. There was so much that they needed to catch up on. "You have no idea how good it is to see you well and whole, my dear friend," she stated, her voice warm and spoken in a way reserved only to those who were close. Then, however, Levi spoke his questions, and the smile that had graced Romani's dark lips slowly slid away, falling like spring rain.

"You mean you hadn't heard?" Romani questioned, her head tilting slightly and blue eyes looking almost concerned. "Levi... The Edge is now my home. The Foothills..." Here, the Haflinger looked away, bitterness and longing shining in her crisp, azure eyes. The familiar pain of losing her home rose once again in her breast, and the gypsy inhaled deeply to put her emotions in check. Now wasn't the time to get emotional... "The Foothills has been overthrown by a mercenary group called the Grey. I heard that the Dragon's Throat aided the Grey in the invasion. Some of those that did not join the Grey fled here, to the Edge. I serve these lands now, as a Protector."

Romani herself had not been present during the invasion, however much she had wished that she had been. She had been pregnant then, as well as prisoner of the Grey, and could do nothing else except sit and wait it out, praying that those of her beloved home would be safe. Romani could also tell, however, that Levi hadn't been amongst the soldiers led by Kri in the invasion. His confusion of her whereabouts had been proof enough of that.

"I miss my home, Levi, but not enough to dampen my spirits. This is my home now." The thought was spoken resolutely. Even though it had taken Romani quite a while to get used to the Edge, now, whenever she thought of it, she thought of home. The Haflinger's smile once more returned, and her head rose, meeting Levi's silver gaze. "Enough of that, though... Where have you been? I haven't seen you in seasons, Levi, and I was terrified that something horrible had happened to you. Please, tell me that you've been well...?"

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!