the Rift

[OPEN] A New Buccaneer To The Band

Cosette Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cosette slowly weakening legs carried her along the side of the ocean. The smell and the breeze comforted her but the pain she felt in her stomach was almost unbearable, even for the mare who was so strong, this pain was horrible.

Cosette's legs shook as she slowly laid down onto the ground. Her breathing grew heavier as she rested her head on the sand. He stomach began to tighten without her even trying. She didn't understand what was happening to her but she knew the little foal inside her was coming. She knew he was alive, she could feel it, but that was her worst fear was him being dead, yes him, she hoped to the gods it was a boy. But even worse flashes of seeing Alvilda laying on the ground lifeless made her shake. She was so scared.

Suddenly the pain all came at once. She pushed as hard as she could. Her head shot back as she screamed in pain. She pawed at the ground with her wrong feet as she snorted. She kept pushing and soon all the pain was gone.

She lifted her head to look behind her. And there lay a small motionless colt. No. No no no. Stay with me! She said standing up and leaning over the foal. She nudged it and a small sqeal came out. She sighed in happiness as the colt opened his eyes and began trying to stagger to his feet.

She smiled looking at her and Corsairs new son. Welcome to the world, my young Caenan She said nudging him over to feed.

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: corsairtable.png]

CORSAIR

It was an ordinary day. One that had a nice, crisp, rolling orangemoon breeze about it, carrying the salty air around with it gingerly. If anyone was to visit the Endless Blue, they'd be sure to smell like salt and sand for a week! It might be someone's worst nightmare, but to Corsair, it was a dream.

The winds played with his dark locks, tossing and entwining them with each other as the corks that laid in his mane knocked together gently. Corsair's face was soft as he emerged from the thin line of trees that bordered the blue. It was a fair sight, until he saw Cosette. Then it was a scene from a fairytale, pulled straight from a storybook.

Cosette was gently nudging a squirming foal the color of brandy. But this foal wasn't just any foal, it was sure to be their foal. Their foal to love and cherish. He secretly prayed for it to be a colt, to grow into a strong young stallion and fight alongside Corsair as a loyal member of the Pirates, but if the child was a filly, he would love and spoil her all the same.

"Cosette," the Captain said in a hushed voice, eyes staring in wonder at the foal. "Who is this?" Corsair continued, coming up to stand by his mate's side as a small smile graced his lips. She was skinner, so this meant the foal was theirs, but he asked the question anyways.

"talk talk talk"

Take what you can, give nothing back.

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

Clop clop clop clop clop clop

My small gray hooves make a loud sound as they hit the stone. My small doll was tucked under my fuzzy little wings, my little 'friend'. My chestnut legs glinted in the sun, still moist from splashing in the waves. With my little amber eyes set on the ground before me, I swerve to the left. I was going to visit mommy.

Her body still lay there, fading out. Her coat was beginning to sink into her body, white bones jabbing out of her flesh. Her head was beginning to turn gray, and her nose was gone. I didn't mind, it was just the smell. It was the smell of rotting flesh. You think that the smell would have vanished by now. Nope, still there. Still drifting around mommy like a bunch of pesky flies. Birds and bad smells surrounded mommy, seagulls would surround her, pecking holes in her soft tissue. Her feathers had fallen onto the ground, and thin, white bones stuck from her featherless wings. I bend down, my ears bumping against her stomach. Immediately her stomach has a dent, and the smell of weird liquids seeps out. Cracks appear in her hardened flesh, and I squeal, swiping up a few of her long, dark brown feathers. Stepping back, I stare at her body before hurtling myself over her legs and head.

Galloping until my legs hurt, I stop and tie the feathers into my hair. Pretty feathers. I smile, proud of myself. Trotting along, head held high and chest puffed out, a loud scream rang out. Perking my ears, I recognize the scream to be Cosette's, the mare who fed me. Throwing my frail little body forward, nervous. Was she going to die like mommy? Letting out a little, hoarse wail, I push myself to the max. Grains of sand are flung behind me as I try to reach Cosette.

When I got there, there was Cosette, standing there. Then there was the Captain. Corsair. Tilting my head, I stare at Cosette. My metallic amber eyes catch sight of something. There was... red... red sand, red sand. Flashes of my mommy and her screaming whirled through my small head. Shrieking, my knees buckle and I topple onto the ground. The memories scared me, they haunted me. Somehow, it was only seeing the blood that triggered the memories. I didn't like it. No! No! No! Mommy! "Mommeeeeeee!" I wail, burying my nose into the sand. The memories crashed over me, and the coppery smell of blood cause more flashes. "Mommmeeeeeee!" I keep wailing, thinking about the tragic incident. Glancing up, I see a pair of thin little legs, long legs like mine. Peering at it, it was a colt. A colt. And it was suckling! That was my place! Mine! Mine! Driven mad with the memories with mommy's death, I begin shrieking aloud. "Mine! Mine, mine, mine! Mine!" At the final word I'm practically crying. My throat hurts. And these were the first words that I had said that weren't mommeeeeee. Fluffing out the feathers on my wings, I spread my wings open like a scared cat fluffs out its fur. I'm standing up on unstable legs, neck arched and ears glued to the back of my skull. My little doll tumbles out, and I squeal in surprise.

Of course I don't understand that I would have to live with sharing Cosette's milk. I didn't understand much back then, especially when I didn't have my real mommy caring for me. Still standing and screeching, I back up, tripping over a rock. I whine like a dog, flicking my ears back. I kept my muscles bunched, ready to lunge at anyone, anything. "Take. Back!" I glance at the colt, disliking him. They were replacing me! I couldn't believe it! They didn't like me. The tears and the memories and everything... it was too much for my young body to handle. They all came crashing down on me, and I collapse, wailing and thrashing. "Mommmeeeeeeee!" I give one final wail before laying still, propping myself up slightly.

[[Amara... being all.... I dunno. xD Over reactive? (And sad) ;A; Hope you don't mind her coming on in here.]]

"Talk talk talk talk."

Amara</style>
Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.</style>

Image Credits

Vicer Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The scream.

The whiff of blood mixed in the overpowering sea salt smells.

It was happening.

Vicer arrived on the scene in a torrent of sand kicked up by his hooves. Blowing nervously, his gaze went first to Amara, who was collapsed on the sand wailing. Panicking, the new father went immediately to his daughter. "Amara! Amara, what is it? What's wrong?" he asked, head going down to sniff along her body for signs of injuries. To his surprise, there was nothing amiss with her physically, but that only worried him more.

When his eyes swept to Cosette and Corsair, however, and the small stick-legged colt that nursed from the Captain's Lass, all became clear. Amara wasn't sick, she was just experiencing what was almost sibling rivalry, and was too young to cope with it. Vicer's legs bent to lay him down next to his daughter, and he laid his neck over her frail form. "Ssh, sweetheart." he said quietly. "Everything's fine. We all still love you." He lifted his neck and locked his brown gaze with her beautiful copper eyes, giving her a grin. "Especially me."

Nuzzling his daughter again, he looked back at the Captain and his family, looking over the foal. He was a little bay rabicano with a nub of a horn on his forehead, just brushing his short, mohawk-like mane. The fact that Cosette had not suffered the same fate as Alvilda was noted, but oddly, he felt no spite, only happiness for her. "Congratulations." he said, giving them a genuine smile. "What's his name?" In the back of his mind, he worried about Cosette being able to nurse two foals, but they would just have to take it one step at a time. Besides, mares had taken care of twins before.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

Pirates</style>
Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.</style>

Image Credits

Caenan Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Caenan

Take what you can. Give nothing back.

Unlike most foals who first take in the scent of their own mother, the fiery young bay took in the fresh and salted scent of the sea.

Dark chocolate naves quiver slightly as the unfamiliar smell creeps inside them, drawn in by the colt's gasping breaths as he tries to clear his nostrils of any fluids. A surprised snort sounds from the young prince as he discovers that he has an anxious audience watching his every move, and without thinking he shies into his mother's clouded hide, stumbling and trembling as he tries to stand beside her. Wide green eyes stare at the members of his band, but he does not realize that the equines gathered here will be his to rule one day. He just looks at them, hardly batting an eyelash at the sight of them all. A few moments pass before the young brute loses interest in them, discovering that the lovely, sweet scent of warm milk is coming from underneath the horned mare's belly.

Ducking his head to drink his fill, the curved sword upon the x-marked foal's crown brushes against the tender belly above it. Luckily the horn has a blunt edge, and it will remain so until the buccaneer has shed the soft layer of bone next orangemoon. For now the unknown touch startles the colt, but not enough to stop him from reaching towards Cosette's teats, his legs planted firmly in the golden sand and his skinny neck stretching out beneath her.

{OOC: Sorry this is so late. I had written a great post for Caenan to make, but his account had not been activated at the time v_v Sorry, but this is what you get for now. :c}
image credits
table by whit

Cosette Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Cosette watched as Corsair came forward to his new son. Corsair, This be Caenan, Our new son She said reaching her nose forward slightly and nuzzling her mate. She was so happy he was here with her to share this moment. Caen looked so much like his father. A rabicano, his marking in the shape of an x, that part certainly came from her. But the rest of him, he was definitely a daddy's little boy.

Cosettes jerked as she heard the small cries of Amara. She had come to care for the little filly as if it was her own. But never would she cross that line and try to be her mother. She knew that would be wrong, Alvilda was a great mare, and deserved to be called the filly's mother. Cosette was merely there for food.

Amara seemed to get jealous screaming mine. Cosette looked worriedly at Corsair, not sure what to say. She took a deep breath and turned to Amara. Amara this be Caenan, He will be SHARING with ye. Hes not stealing anything from ye, I promise there is enough for the both of ye. She said offering a warm smile to her before her gaze landed on Vicer.

Vicer was a great father, and it was still obvious he was taking Alvilda's death hard, but still he was nice and congratulated them before tending to his daughter. He was so sweet to Amara, it made her heart melt. But her gaze turned back to the little colt that began to suckle from her. It was a different feeling of knowing it was her own child that she was providing for. It made her feel great. The pain of the birth slowly faded as she looked at the long weak legs of Caen. And for a moment Cosette saw her life standing inside the small boy. All of her love, her future, her world. Standing there before her. She was a mother, and the feeling was more amazing than she could have ever imagined.