the Rift

[PRIVATE] Just A Simple Walk and Talk [Thor]

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily

Solstice</style>
World's Edge Philosopher
I'm Going To Show Him What Little Girls Are Made Of
Gunpowder & Lead
</style>

A few more words had been said before the Philosopher had indeed turned to stride away with the new WeyrLeader. The painted lady was not ready to so easily let the newly returned nurse off the hook. Nor would she be ready to until the directly effected family had forgiven her. It was not really her place to say if she was truly forgiven or not. She walked in silence for a few moments, wanting to put some distance between herself and the reckless Tor before speaking. The night air had seemed to clear a lot of Solstice's thoughts, which had been what she originally set out to do. However it brought many new ones to mind as well. Hazel eyes focused ahead until she finally felt they were far enough away from the mother and daughter pair to speak freely. "I do not understand, what would cause someone to willingly walk away from a family that loves them... " Her mind turned to Ata at first... He had not willingly left them. She had run to protect Aaron, while he stayed to protect his lover and child. She would never fault him for that. When she had been stolen away from the Edge not long after Azale's birth, she had been drugged to be taken from her family. Some of the details of her capture were still a blur.

She continued walking on, listening for anything the bay might have to say but lost in her own thoughts as well. What would life of been like if Ata had made it out of Isilme? Would they of eventually drifted apart or would they of held together? Would they of had more children and gone of with life? She would not have Azale, as beautiful as her beloved winged daughter may be. Sakura and Takara too may not be the same as they currently were. However this brought her mind to Torasin... Solstice could not say she loved him like she loved Ata, but there was something there. In reality there always had been. He was a gentleman, much like how her mother described her father. Perhaps had fate stepped in and took Ata away, so that it allowed for her a Torasin to have children together? Was that all they had done? Her mind and heart ached to know if he felt for her more than just a longtime friend. Could either of their hearts feel that way towards another? With a soft snort Solstice refocused herself on the walking and talking she was doing with Thor.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
To have Solstice at my side was no small feat indeed. I hadn’t wanted her to remain with the Nurse and child in hopes that they would be able to come to some conclusion- if at all one was agreeable. But once I had removed myself from their banter, I did not feel reprieve… Instead I felt longing. I wasn’t sure what for but perhaps I would be able to figure it out eventually. The paint at my side seemed to be just as thoughtful as I, so I wasn’t in a hurry to press her for conversation. However, I knew that it wouldn’t be long before I was listening to her concerns in my ear. But of course everything she said was valid, in spite of my sudden need to forget everything that had happened. I wanted Tor to prove me wrong and I wanted more than anything for things to go back to whatever perfect reality they had been in before. I was no optimist when it came to traitors, but the least I could do was abide by everything that Mirage had already laid out before me. She had enforced the standards and all I had to do was agree with them.

It appeared to be simple enough.

But of course there was always a price. I felt wrong leaving her to flounce happily within our ranks once again- was she not the one who had left us without a word? I assumed Mirage had good reasoning to find her capable hands at the mercy of our commands, but I only hoped that one day I would be able to find the forgiveness it took for me to once again call her family. I suppose I was not one who found treason to be forgivable in any circumstance unless committed by the criminally insane. However, I didn’t think that Tor had suddenly lost her mind… no, I thought she had suddenly just lost sight of herself.

I can’t fathom any good reason for it either Solstice. I only hope that she can be forgiven in spite of the tedious ridicule that she will no doubt encounter.” With a child of my own, I believed that I understood well enough the bond created between mother and daughter, but I was clearly at a loss when it came to leaving that bond to die. I looked hopelessly to the motherly face of the Philosopher, trying to find insight in her wisdom. However, we both appeared to be duped once again by the Nurse who thought not before acting.

While it was hard to ignore everything that had just occurred, I was eager to start on a journey of my own. As Tor seemed to be working her way through the ranks for approval, I wanted to do just as much in order to know every one of the devoted followers of the Edge. Of course I knew the few that I’d recruited myself, but there were many that had been here long before I ever entered Helovia. Solstice was just the beginning of my lesson and I hoped that the Philosopher had much to teach me. “I would assume that you have children as well? I can’t imagine such a gentle, patient heart belonging to anyone other than a mother herself. I cannot even begin to imagine how you’ve been able to acquire so much tolerance for any one thing, because I find myself often growing frustrated not only with Essetia but with many other hassles as well.

I looked to Solstice hoping for understanding in my words. I didn’t want her to think that Essetia was any hassle to me, but rather very testy at times. She was often on my nerves when I least expected it and then quite the opposite when I did. She was the light of my life and I would not want anyone to think otherwise, but I was a first-time father and being such was certainly not easy.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Deceased
Emily

Solstice</style>
World's Edge Philosopher
Gunpowder & Lead
</style>

He answered almost without missing a beat. “I can’t fathom any good reason for it either Solstice. I only hope that she can be forgiven in spite of the tedious ridicule that she will no doubt encounter.” She nodded to his words only saying "Only time will show her true colors. I trust Mirage's decision as she has never lead us wrong before... Even if I am not sure I agree with it. Although I am sure many do not like the choice our new Glazier made either..." She let the conversation die for a moment or two. Aaron had made a right choice in her eyes. He had left to learn under Madryn and Maskan, even if the Grey had prevented that. By doing so he found his true calling... crafting. However he had spoken to Mirage both before leaving and before he returned as well. Since the beginning of the Qian, Aaron's loyalty to Mirage had never been questioned... Why should other do so now. Sure no one had said it, but the looks on some members face's at the meeting... Well it told the mother all she needed to know.

The conversation then turned to children. “I would assume that you have children as well? I can’t imagine such a gentle, patient heart belonging to anyone other than a mother herself. I cannot even begin to imagine how you’ve been able to acquire so much tolerance for any one thing, because I find myself often growing frustrated not only with Essetia but with many other hassles as well.” She laughed lightly and nodded fully understanding where Thor was coming from. "Indeed I am. Aaron, is my oldest born before we had to flee Isilme... Unfortunately his father did not make it out.." She paused for a moment, as it was the first time she had openly admitted what she had thought for months now. "Azale Moniet is my second born, though I do not know where he father is. The night she was conceived was the one and only time I saw him." Th paint frowned a bit, wishing she had not been so vulnerable that night and the pegasus so charming... But then again she would not trade her first born daughter for the world. "And last but not least are Torasin's and my twin daughters Sakura and Takara. Such a joy it is to be raising them, but Takara has to learn things differently than any child i've had before.... She was born blind." Her frown became more noticeable, as she wondered if her daughter would ever be able to see. "Tolerance comes with time and understanding..... " Her mind filtered to the slightly racist ways she had been brought up around... It was not until she reached Helovia that she fully accepted those with wings or horns. Her hazel eyes drifted to the smaller set of wings on Thor's back. As a child she would of run from such things... As a mature adult, she knew that not all was as things seemed.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
Thoughts trailed one after the other through my mind which was seemingly all too small, or perhaps just too narrow-minded. Whatever the case, I felt… frustrated. I had suffered from Tor’s ignorance, dealt with the pain and distance placed between Tamira and I, and to top it all off the damn “Assassins” were trying to weed themselves within the imaginary cracks of the Edge. Either way, nothing felt as important as the mare at my side- I had badgered her for her company and here I was, trying to contain the agony of burdens that were completely out of my hands. Everything would be left in Time’s grasp and still, here I was trying to battle the effects of the emotional whiplash.

Humming softly in agreement, I turned to Solstice who still appeared evasive about Tor’s rejoining the Edge. I couldn’t blame her for the slight scowl of her tender lips of the worried expression on her simple face. Looking at her now, I realized that she was one of the reasons I had accepted the position of WeyrLeader. I wanted her to be completely oblivious to the conflict raging around her. I wanted her to worry about social affairs alone just because she could. I just wanted… to carry her burden. However, it seemed that everyone had secrets and desires that they tried to hide…

Aaron’s new position of Glazier seemed to collect her attention from the former and a slight smile seemed to tug at the inner workings of my heart. Her concern was admirable and at times I wished that Amora had felt the same for me. However, we can’t all survive chasing after demons. Turning over a new leaf in my head, I motioned for Solstice to follow me beneath the branches of a tall shade tree. Even though Fall was upon us, the sun was still warm along my back.

Once I had positioned myself beneath the shady limbs, I turned purposefully to Solstice to listen carefully to her expulsions of pride and wisdom. For a moment, I pondered her words, hoping that she would see that I was formulating my thoughts before expelling them without thinking them through. “Our Glazier was chosen not because he left, nor because we’ve come to dwell on his decisions. He was chosen because he was fitting and altogether deserving of the title. I would not linger on the opinions of others- it will pass.” I nudged her playfully before passing her a warm smile to soothe her worries. I wished no ill-will upon Aaron; he needed to grow up somehow. Perhaps working with the Foothills had allowed him such a privilege.

However, I hope to learn a little something from you Solstice. Perhaps I will be able to possess your patience with my dear Essetia, as it would appear she’s growing up much too fast for me to keep up with. Her companion hatched only a few days ago and she has been a tyrant ever since. Though, I assume the infatuation will pass eventually.” I chuckled lightly to myself at the thought of my daughter scampering around happily with Romul in tow. The poor pup couldn’t ever seem to catch a break with Essetia constantly urging him to play games and provide her entertainment.

Debating for another long moment, I turned back to Solstice with an impish grin. “I don’t suppose Azale is missing much in the way of parenting and just as we’re clear- the shoes I fill are ones that will not willingly pass judgment on a simple mistake. You’re secrets are forever safe me with me.” With another small smile to the Philosopher, I turned my face to the skies, wondering why it had taken me so long to recognize where it was I actually belonged. I was meant to lead and the sooner I let myself believe it, the sooner I would be able to give justice to those that followed me.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Deceased
Emily

Solstice</style>
World's Edge Philosopher
Gunpowder & Lead
</style>

Solstice moved with ease under the shade of the tree, keeping an ear tilted towards Thor as he spoke. “Our Glazier was chosen not because he left, nor because we’ve come to dwell on his decisions. He was chosen because he was fitting and altogether deserving of the title. I would not linger on the opinions of others- it will pass.” It was a relief to the mother to know that he had the support of both leaders. No matter what the rest of the herd thought. It would all pass. She smiled proudly. Her first born was making something out of himself.. The son of her love... The only child of Ataraxia.. The pang in her heart at the thought... Thor's gentle nudge brought the fem out of her thoughts.

His next words surprised her however. “However, I hope to learn a little something from you Solstice. Perhaps I will be able to possess your patience with my dear Essetia, as it would appear she’s growing up much too fast for me to keep up with. Her companion hatched only a few days ago and she has been a tyrant ever since. Though, I assume the infatuation will pass eventually.” She chuckled, remembering her mother's bonded dragon Tourmaline, and her father's dragon Carnelian... "Being bonded is not something any will understand until you feel it yourself. Both of my parents had dragons when my brother and I were born, and the day my father died his bonded dragon died too. Same with my mother. Her brown came to visit her children to tell of her death before he to died. It's a bond for life." Only with her family had she spoken of her parents, it was almost.. easy to speak of them now. When the conversation turned to Azale, Solstice sighed softly. "My only regret, it that I can not teach her to use her wings. I can only hope someone within the Qian can."

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

(ooc: we can end it here if you want, i just wanted to have solstice reply back. it helped with her muse a bit)