the Rift

Well Hello, Darling. [any]

Pantomime Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 51634fc7becaa]

Ivory was a symphony with the ebonite that contrasted so well. Beige hooves carried the paint around the forest. His wings folded neatly on his back. He is a thing with feathers. He perches upon the mares, and sings the tune without the words, never stopping at all. With his eyes that have forgotten how to see things already too well-known. With that, he stopped his walk and looked around. Trees with dark bark and soared high to the sun. He was a noble creature. His head held high, his curly locks reaching past his neck. Even his eyes bore into the category of beauty. He knew in many places there were the smart, the brave, and the strong. He almost fit into all of those, but mainly his own category... The deceptive.

After standing for a moment, he unfurled his wings. Just barely enough to open them half way. Instead of going outwards, he went up. His wings reaching high. Furling back in as his ears picked up on the far away sound of hooves beating on the ground. Intrigued, he walked to wards the sound. He curved around a few trees and snapped a few twigs in the process.

Well I'll be damned. It's a horse. Nothing new around here.. was there? Nope... just tees, dirt, horses. Was there no flare anywhere? Pantomime had yet to learn about magic, gods, curses, and revenge that thrived in parts of Helovia. Everything seemed to know today would be important for him. That is, everybody, but him.

Seeing a horse there, his suave voice kicked in. "Hello there." His voice almost too sweet and accepting.

"Speaking. Thinking. Acting."

Radioactive by Imagine Dragons on Grooveshark

DRIB.

Jack Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Dead men don't tell tales

Captain’s Swashbuckler’s Log: Entry 6

Today I recruit again, taking my job seriously. See? I can be useful! Jack out.

I was unattainable, unbeatable. I had never felt this confident with a crew in a long time, and I knew this was a site to see. This crew of, for the most part, new and rusty pirates would surly clean up quite nicely, and I would have no doubt that I had a hand in doing it. I strolled out of the Endless Blue, looking to keep recruiting. We had more recently, but I knew it would never be enough, at least not yet. A crew of able and determined scoundrels what was they needed, and I was set on finding them. They had to be out there somewhere.

I trotted on thick gold hooves, sparkling in the early sun of the day. The change of season was setting up something interesting, and I knew it only meant that winter was not too far behind it. As far as I was concerned, winter was my least favorite time, just simply because it was cold and dry. I shivered. I hated the cold, and the land of winter was always so haunted, and there was something creepy and disturbing about a wintery forest.

I avoided the shadows now, forcing myself into the sunshine. I didn’t want to think about winter anymore. I reached the threshold just in time, and I found there was already a gaze on me. How weird that this would happen. His voice was also weird to my own ears, coming from another stallion, and I was slightly on edge.

“ ‘Ello. Jack, Swashbuckler of the Pirates of ye Endless Blue. Aye, what is a lad doing out here today? Is ye looking for a home bucko? We be recruiting. What do you say to being a pirate lad?”

walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

The cold blue sky was streaked by thick grey clouds, and while the modest radiance of the Orangemoon sun smoothed tenderly across the thick maze of pine forest below, a turn in the weather seemed impatient to clothe the early day in bleak shadow. Africa gazed with a heavy heart as her sanctuary threatened to fall into the dismal grip of an Orangemoon storm. It was long past the time she had hoped to turn for home, but the promising grumble of thunder, no matter how distant it still was, seemed ominous and far from inviting. She drew the relaxed droop of her grey feathered wings in snug against the curve of her sides and sighed gloomily at length. She had filled the dawn pottering amongst the annuals littering the sparse glades, where they lay clumsily exposed to the elements. Africa loved flowers; their delicate beauty and alluring smell stealing favour in her young heart, and she had foolishly lost track of the time on this occasion.

The dark grey points of her ears stood tall and alert as the air filled with soft vibrations heading the oncoming storm cell, and her withers flinched nervously, prickled perhaps by the electrical energy lacing the breeze. Then the sudden crackle of sticks breaking beneath weight snapped her attention to the left. Africa’s nostrils fluttered curiously as a black and white stallion, not dissimilar to another who she knew, found passage in her direction- she could not tell if his eyes had spotted her yet. A quiet smile dithered about the corners of her lips and she was relieved to notice the great black wings nestled into the snowy white curve of his back. As he approached rather leisurely (and still some distance away) he offered a rather polished greeting. The dapple grey mare’s smile thickened and the previous nervousness in her demeanour softened considerably as he caused pleasant distraction from the event to come. She would soon learn though that another had grabbed his attention, and she exhaled heavily with dismay.

She nickered warmly though, undeterred, and she went to stand near the Pegasus and the other- plain horse, a hint of her naive and trusting nature. “Hi, you know, you look just like someone else I know...” She mentioned brightly towards the black and white stallion with little forethought- because he did, and it was almost uncanny. Perhaps it was this which drew her so innocently towards the stranger, sliding the remaining distance between them with light, bouncing strides. He was her kind after all. Undoubtedly, she thought any blessed with wings as lovely as theirs were naturally dependable. Unlike horses whose faces were disfigured and deformed by pointed sticks and the like- Africa frowned secretly, the thought of the bully who had tormented her, was a bruise upon her memories. “I am Africa!” She continued after the flaxen haired horse had spoken, striking up the conversation as though it were something she had practiced down to a fine art. In actual fact, she was generally much shier than this- reserved and anxious.

Africa had never heard of a pirate before, but was immediately captivated by the strange manner which imprisoned Jack’s speech. “Pirates?” She laughed lightly and ignorantly closing her eyes as she did so, but she meant no offence. “What is that? I have travelled from Dragons Throat- an oasis in the desert far to the south. I am sure my family would welcome you if Jack is right, and it is a home you were searching for...” The inexperienced mare’s expression was keen with interest at the mention of Pirates, and she glanced to the Pegasus as though he might too have the same wonder glazing his eyes. Her offer was genuine never the less, and she fell into peaceable waiting, ever patient and thoughtful.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Naeatii Posts: N/A
Unregistered
I was grasped with dread as I walked through the forested area again. The place I disliked the most was where I was treading now. I yearned to be back by the sea again, with blue water washing up my legs, and to inhale the salty air. But here, there was nothing astonishing, or beautiful. Just green logs looming in the air, and birds chirping, whereas the sea had seagulls crying out with joy. I thought back to the pirates, and about the captain, Corsair, and his lovely mate Cosette. She was the one who introduced me to the band, the pirates, and made me slightly feel at home. I still wasn't sure of what jobs I was assigned, but I was curious to come back here and maybe tell others of the new herd. It was a place for only those who adored the endless blue waters. My blue eyes scanned the area for life of any others, and then I heard it. An alluring voice that sweetly called out. Unlike the other lass's I wasn't those to fall easily to male charm, so I determinedly set out to see who was calling.

I finally emerged out and lay eyes out on a handsome male, with yellow eyes with no pupil and having paint colors on him. He had two giant wings, and an elegant leonine tail, which was the first I had ever seen. "Hello there!" I called out, longing for the accent that the other pirates had acquired, and especially that of Miss Cosette. She spoke the lovely tongue of French and the pirate accent combined. I truly hope to speak like that later on. I gave a small shiver on account of the wind drifting in. How I dread the cold and winter! I long for an endless summer, with white crested waves, and endless heat. Suddenly another emerged and I heard a familiar pirate accent. Jack! The lad I met with the others at the beach reunion. He had a lovely accent indeed, and I was overjoyed to meet him and this other male here. Maybe...we could recruit him. I quietly listened to Jack speak to the other, and just as I was about to interject, another lass walked in. A pegasus, like the Paint male, she seemed quite young and spoke of a place called the Throat.

What was that destination she spoke of? Now I felt as if it was my turn to speak, adding on to what Jack said, and politely introducing myself. I went trotting out into the open slightly in between the others, positioning myself not to close or far from any of the horses. "I am Naeatii, a proud member of the Pirates!" I cheerfully said, looking towards Jack and nodding to Africa and the other male. "I have never heard of the place you speak of, Africa, but if you want a delightful home by the peaceful sea, you should join the Pirates where we would welcome you", I naively said, truly hoping I was helping Jack. I had no experience in recruiting, and I wasn't sure it was my job, but I happened to be wandering here to see if I could find any others, to speak of. I waited smiling and seeing what would happen.

*My posts are truly getting worse. :/ *