the Rift

[OPEN] Goodbye, Apathy

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor</style>
And I know the moment's near and there's nothing you can do
Look through a faithless eye, are you afraid to die?
</style>

Hours, minutes, seconds… they were all the same. They all led me to the same endpoint. I had no intentions of reaching that point without living a little and perhaps I needed to just let loose. This was my moment, my time. Let someone try to stop me, let them try to pursue me. Even here in the damn Deep Forest, I felt euphoria. The freedom was so sweet on my tongue that I couldn’t help the wolfish smile that tugged my lips from a stand-still. I was sick for pleasure, dying for some fun… I didn’t care where it came from. Was it wrong? Did I care? I didn’t think so. The blood pumping in my veins was strong enough to reiterate that.

The warmth of the autumn sun upon my skin was refreshing. I felt as though I’d been locked away, hidden from the sun and any real warmth for too long. My world was suddenly full of emotion, full of feeling… Beneath me the soil sprung up from the ground and around my hooves- oh how I relished the feeling. The more I moved, the more alive I felt. I was reborn.

A deep guttural rumbling bubbled up from the recesses of my stomach or wherever it was that such feeling came from. My voice carried out over the swells of the forest and I was glad to hear such power behind each chord. It was an empowering song after all. The glistening beauty around me, the burning passion for life, the temptations… it was all too much. I wasn’t sure whether to laugh or scream. Though, perhaps if I were able to engage both sounds at once, I might find another state of bliss.

With cat-like grace, I moved through the shadows, obviously comfortable in their embrace. I was comfortable on whatever path I took; I didn’t expect much protest from the poor souls that stood in my way- what did they have to stop me? What did they possess that could draw my attention?

Somehow, I knew of a few things that could turn my head. But I wouldn’t let weakness for idle delights affect me today. I had a few other things to attend to before I humored myself with company. Of course, fate had a funny way of changing destiny. I just hoped that whatever fate interfered with my destiny came with a cute face. Otherwise, they may as well get the fuck out of my way.
Image Credits

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

ENGINEERS CREATE THAT WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN

[[DOPPLE ULRIK, for the giggles]]

Why couldn't everyone just get alone? He was so tired of all of these mean creatures taking out their own personal problems on everyone else. That was just not fair. He knew from the kindness and good in his own heart that the racism had to stop, and he would take a stand! The massive stallion with a gentle heart trotted briskly through the forest, shying at large shadows that threatened to claim him with their gnarled embrace. Nostrils were wide and bronze eyes were alert and somewhat innocent, trying to search for ways to prove his nobility.

A sound, a deep rumble hit the timid stallion's ears, and he paused, wondering if he should continue further. Oh, but he was scared! Quivering in his hooves. But he had to prove himself! Cautiously and one, shaking step at a time, Ulrik approached the one who made the noise, a grimace on his bearded face.

"Uhm... he-ello?" he stammered, ears twisting this way and that and heart pounding his his chest. "Is... Is anyo-one there?" he stuttered again, wondering if it was night or day! Who could tell in this forest? Everything was so dark. Why had he even come here? The stallion's leonine tail whisks behind him carefully, eyes wide as he tries to find the stallion.

In the distance, he thinks he sees the outline of a pegasus, and relief floods through his very bones. "Oh! Thank the heavens!" He exclaimed, trotting eagerly and brightly to where he believed the other to be. "I heard this terrible noise; did you hear it too?" Bronze eyes tried to find the shape again, but he had a hard time following movement.

"I am Ulrik, defender of peace and equality! Do not fear my horns; I am a noble proponent of all species!" He said this boldly and with a firm nod of his head, a kind smile on his long and dark face.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor</style>
And I know the moment's near and there's nothing you can do
Look through a faithless eye, are you afraid to die?
</style>

It was inevitable and I knew it, but I was still a bit taken aback when “the Golly Green Giant” appeared. For a moment his voices filtered through the shadows like a weak shaft of light and something about his fear made me smile. Did he think the boogey man would come roaring through the trees to claim him or did he just leave the tit too early? Whatever the problem, he was clearly out of his element and I decided that prodding him in the right direction might help him out a bit (and rid me of the nuisance that he would no doubt become). But of course, as I knew he would, he caught sight of me and latched on like a leaf to a branch. I can’t say that there was any good way to describe him other than a bumbling fool that had no real direction. He was obviously flustered and scared which led me to believe he was a complete idiot for trekking into the Forest without any real rhyme or reason. Was he trying to be brave? Noble?

If so, I thought I better be the one to tell him that the rainbows and fairytales were back the way he came.

Defender of peace and equality? What the hell was he talking about? I couldn’t help the raucous laughter that followed such a blasphemous introduction. He really had walked right out of a damn fairytale book, still delusional enough to believe that a damsel in distress was waiting for him far away in some tall castle with her long locks hanging over the window sill. I stared at him for a moment trying to understand why he felt the need to bother me with his name or even his presence, but at least he was entertaining enough. “And I suppose you’ve come to fight for my equality? It’s a kind gesture you’ve got going there, but listen… what the hell is wrong with you?” I gazed at him then and I could feel the corners of my lips curling casually from the grim line of my reluctance. I had no interest in humoring him or shielding him from the shadows that he was “supposed” to embrace.

He was the defender of peace and equality after all... and he certainly didn't have the cute face I was looking for.
Image Credits

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Damn I'm looking good! I look at my reflection in the water, twisting this way and that, watching my hair fall perfectly at my sides and curling lightly. If toss my forelock back, a glint in my perfect golden eyes. I have seemed to skinny up recently, no extra blobs of unwanted fat here or there. I put on a seductive smile for myself, eyes twinkling as I prance in place, sticking my wings up and looking at the deep, slightly iridescent purple that is sprinkled with blinking stars. I wink at myself before hitching up my tail and cantering with light, precariously placed steps into the dark forest of haunted lore. I scoff to myself, rolling my eyes. I can't believe someone could be scared of this place. It's just like the night. Well, I don't really like the night time- I'm not scared of it, I just don't like it. And of course I was riddled with the stupid stars on my pelt. A real disappointment. But it seemed to attract the attention of many others, so at least that was a bonus.

A loud, powerful rumble reaches my ears and a grin instantly spreads across my gorgeous face. Without losing a beat, I swiftly turn in the direction where the sound had came from. I slow when I reach his scent. Then I am silent, as if stalking my prey. Another one crashes through the forest and I shake my head. So stupid. I listen, out of their sight. The new one's voice warbles and cracks, though it's another stallion. 'Oh! Thank the heavens! I heard this terrible noise; did you hear it too? I am Ulrik, defender of peace and equality! Do not fear my horns; I am a noble proponent of all species!' I have to hold myself back from busting out laughing. I snort as I slide out of my hiding place, floating over to them, graceful and flawless, though not weak. Definitely not weak. I was powerful, I had the upper hand always. The big one, the other pegasus now speaks. 'And I suppose you’ve come to fight for my equality? It’s a kind gesture you’ve got going there, but listen… what the hell is wrong with you?' Witty. I like that. I glance over at him, a smile on my lips as I let my wings drape over my sides. I say nothing, content enough for now to just listen. My time would come.

"speech speech speech"
OOC: dopple irry! cx
@[Thor]
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

ENGINEERS CREATE THAT WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN

The laughter that followed his statement crushed heart to pieces. Why was he laughing? What was so funny? Oh no, he was being laughed at. If tears could fall from his eyes, they would. Charcoal ears tilted backward, and he lowered his head, defeated. He did not want equality and justice, and Ulrik would fight the good fight alone, as usual. And he did not want to be alone anymore.

When the other stallion approached and asked what the hell was wrong with him, Ulrik shrugged dejectedly. "I suppose alot," he replied, the words sounding funny in his deep, masculine tones. "Sorry, if I bothered you. I thought you were in trouble. The forest is so deep and dark, you know, but I see you are okay now." Carefully, he stepped away, glancing over his back to back sure that he would not trip over a tree's roots.

An angel then approached, draped in royal purple and dotted with stars. She was stunning, flawless, and beautiful. And, he was hopelessly infatuated on first sight. The stallion blinked his hawkish, bronze eyes as she smirked at the other stallion. Of course she did. He was not of the same, brave caliber. He was not a care-free, "bad boy". Why would she want him?

"Hello, my lady," he said, dipping his head respectfully. "Should you need anything from me, I will not be far away. But, I think I should go be alone now." He sighed heavily, perhaps even dramatically. Farewell." And then he slowly, agonizingly started to walk away.