the Rift

Can't hit a girl [Kri, Spar]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

With Levi having returned from where-ever-it-was-he-went, Gaucho's patrols of the Throat had been spaced slightly farther apart. Although his simple mind wondered where his sar-gent had gone, it was not in his nature to question those who outranked him, nor did he usually focus on issues of politics for very long. Gaucho was a protector and warrior, and little else. His mental abilities at nearly all times were focused solely on defense and following orders. Only the physical distractions of the flesh could pull his attention away, and even then, without the burdens of love and attachment, it was never for very long.

He was not the perfect solider by any means, but he did try.

Although this was his afternoon 'off', Gaucho stayed in the Throat, lingering by the most northern border of their territory. Tee-oh was still a threat, and likely there were others as well. A more clever mind, might have parsed that given the Throat's recent aid to the Grey during the Invasion, that enemies may have been created during that battle, but Gaucho's was not a clever mind. Still, he more or less assumed a battle-like readiness at all times; just in case. He would not let harm befall his family, simply because he was on his day 'off'.

Sunlight filtered down from the clouds, creating a light sheen of sweat on Gaucho's deep bay coat. Although Orangemoon had taken a hold of the weather, the Throat still remained pleasantly warm. A breeze wafted from the North, catching his long mane and tail, and billowing them out behind him. Although his wings were tucked to his sides, he could still feel the wind moving between his feathers, creating a pleasant sensation. Breathing deeply, he trained his steely gaze towards the land below, eyes searching for any signs of danger. In his antlers, Mara curled unhindered by her bonded's need to keep watch. Instead, she was soaking up the sun while it still filtered through the clouds, allowing it to warm and animate her gun-metal body.

There would still be many hours of sunlight left in the day, Gaucho judged, given that the sun had only just passed the highest point it would reach in the sky. The days were already growing shorter, but only just. Was Tee-oh and his band, waiting until the climate grew more comfortable in the Throat and the nights were longer, before attacking? Hmmm. In his mind, Gaucho decided to practice more spars at night-time, just in case. He had already conditioned himself to bare the heat of the sun in battle, and the marking around his left eye served to cut glare quite well. However, he had spent little time dedicated to sparring at night - only twice he believed, he had, in fact. Frowning, the bay grunted. "Weak-ness". He mumbled unhappily. Closing one eye, he looked up towards the day-lit sky again, and huffed. Well, he couldn't speed up time - he would just have to go searching for a spar-mate once the moon rose. For now, he would watch for Tee-oh

[Setting; Throat.
3 offensive & M/C?

WC: 522 Gaucho will be using buffs BULK and DANCE

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

I find myself caring less and less about Tio's threat. Unwise, maybe, to forget about the fool who barged into my land and confronted me, yet not so directly. I wish he had just challenged me then, so that I may have wrestled for my title and arisen victorious immediately. Then, I would not have this threat hovering in front of my eyes like fucking fly that refuses to buzz off. When things settle in the land, perhaps I should seek out his bitch ass myself. If he cannot put me in my place, then his hope of holding the land for longer than a few glorious weeks even if he has the strongest army in the land is useless.

Weakness is not a word that I recognize in myself. Am I weak? I am not. Tempestuous, violent, and often disagreeable, but I doubt any in the land of Helovia would risk their ass to call me weak. If Tio wanted to do harm to my family, to take this land from them, he would need to break my vicegrip and my will. I think he is an idiot for believing either to be possible. Still, mindful of the fact that even fools can have great luck, I warned my herd to be alert for any advances he may try to make. As such, the warriors look weary from patrols, but I feel their hearts are still strong. When the taste of battle comes, the blood alights and restores the energy you once thought lost. Surely, my guards were just bored.

When I see him, Gaucho, I smile to myself. He is off duty, yet here he stands onthe northern rim of the Dragon's Throat, ears attentive and posture calm. I wonder idly how long he has been standing there, for the sun is already drawing down toward the west, its rays beginning to cut into eye level: the most annoying tailend of the day. Approaching from the south, I can clearly see the brute's back, his head turned toward the meadow but held high. I pause for a moment in the crimson dust; surely, Gaucho is just bored. With a smirk, gleeful with a wicked idea, I begin to charge.

My hooves pick up speed, slamming into the earth and loosing the red dust, which curls in the air as the wind rushes on ahead of me. Such a bitch, always being faster than her master. The gale races on ahead, my mane twisting forward behind it as the blonde tendrils twirl about my eyes, but those dark, hard oceans are focused upon the steady brown figure of Gaucho. I begin to curve left, trying to avoid any fast thrown hooves toward me, and set my right shoulder to lean back toward him when we should be parallel. My shoulder yearns to collide with Gaucho's left, though our height difference would likely land it toward the bottom or top of the foreleg. My mouth, chasing ahead of my body like the wind, reaches up toward the left side of the nape of the brute. Should my shoulder connect with the body of the primal stallion, I would swing my right hip up around, attempting to batter the left flank with the sturdy bone.

If they are bored, I can just entertain them by beating them into the dirt.
""

[ WC: 559; 1/3; 0/2 MC; BULK and AIM.
UHHH. idk I kind of left it up to you how long until nightfall, if you wanted to take it there. ^^ ]

Ascended Helovian

As the hours trickled past, and the sun dropped in the sky, one might wonder how such a simple creature could keep himself occupied for so long, without growing bored. If you were to watch Gaucho as he stood, you would see him look to the skies every so often, then back to the horizon, only moving to flick his tail to remove the odd fly, or to re position his wings. Like a statue he stood, for Gaucho was a simple creature, and was satisfied with the simplicity of just watching.

After sometime, Gaucho heard a sound which was easily discernible from the comings and goings of his herd; it was the sound of running. Training an ear behind him, his mind immediately noted that this did not seem to be playful running, but running with a purpose. As Gaucho spun on stiff muscles, his mind ran through a number of scenarios' which would cause someone to run, such as they were. Kri hurt. Onnneeee hurt. My-dus hurt. My-dus in trouble? KRI IN TROUBLE? Tee-oh here? Invasion? War? Fight? Protect. Gaucho will - His mental stream was abruptly halted as his rotation was completed and Kri came into view.

Kri run at Gaucho? Kri in trouble? Why need Gaucho? Why-

Instead of reining herself in and coming to a halt, she began to veer to the left. Puzzled, Gaucho retreated a step, and half-opened his wings, just in case he needed to take off after her.

-Why she not stopping?

It was only until she was a mere stride away, that Gaucho's brain finally caught onto what was happening. Not stopping it warned, and yet the bay was helpless to move. His brain was helplessly deadlocked - completely immobilized by his instinct to fight, his complete devotion to his sultana, and his resolve to not needlessly injure a female. Simultaneous, these scenario's played out in this mind: In the first, he saw himself swiftly pressing the button on his collar and releasing the spikes around his neck. In a flash, he could drop his shoulder into Kri, stabbing her with the spikes, and then knocking her with his antlers. From that range, even Mara would be able to slip onto Kri's chocolatey shoulders, and bite deep into her neck. In another, brutally contradictory scenario, Gaucho's mind told him to try and avoid the situation, although without retreating, it couldn't exactly work out how.

And so, because as we all know, Gaucho is rather simple, he did nothing. Mara on the other hand, was not constrained by the same inability to think, as her bonded was, and would not merely be an onlooker.

As Kri charged towards a massive, unmoving target, Mara coiled herself in Gaucho's antlers, ready to spring. As Kri neared, first biting and then throwing her right shoulder into Gaucho's right side, the white snake sprung forward, jaws agape. She intended for her bite to somewhere along the right side of Kri's neck, for that was all she could reach, given that she was using her tail to hold onto the antlers lest she fall and be crushed on the ground. As Gaucho's self-inflicted paralysis of thought wore off, largely due to the radiating pain he felt on his neck from Kri's bite, as well as the dull throb where her right shoulder had connected to the bottom of his, he instinctively swung away - moving his hindquarters to the left - and taking her kick which was meant for his flank, onto the much more muscular and durable muscle of his right thigh.

Gaucho continued to throw his hind quarters to the left, neatly stepping over himself as he followed Kri's backside with a wide-eyed blue-gray gaze. Spreading his massive black wings fully now, he halted, not wanting to charge after her in a trail of dust. "Kri!"" He bellowed, his masculine voice uncertain. "I Gaucho!" He offered. Maybe she didn't know it was him? Mara, who took the opportunity to coil herself tightly in his antlers again, was sending him mental images of previous spars, and urging him on. SSSSSS! She offered, meaning for him to understand that this was likely all in good fun, and that yes, Kri knew it was him.

[Gaucho: KRI. WUT R U DOIN? KRI. STAHP!
Attack 1/3 1/2 MC

WC: 719 Gaucho is using buffs BULK and DANCE

Image Credits

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>

A smile grows on my face as I realize, quite comically, that the stallion has no idea what is happening. I resist the urge to laugh at him as the cascade of emotions plays on his features, dumbfounded by my sudden assault despite my more or less friendly exterior. I had expected him to at least defend himself with my fast approach, but from what I can tell, Gaucho has no intentions of doing such. Like I said, I would laugh, except I am quite certain I would be caught in a gale of laughter. This fight is happening, whether or not the big blockhead realizes it just yet. Though, not everything is dimwitted about the brute. My dark eyes catch movement in his crown of antlers as I get closer, though I was uncertain of what it was.

As my shoulder collides into the massive, stationary statue that is Gaucho, I find my shoulder ringing with the impact, the jolts ringing up my bones even as I am shoved back in the direction I came. I am strong, but I am nowhere as large as Gaucho. Frankly, there are certain parts of mass that willpower cannot overcome. I bounce back, almost as if my own attack had been a futile gesture of a child. My own weight being shoved back from the rock-like figure of Gaucho makes my bite cut short, though the feel of skin between my teeth lets me know my aim hasn't gone back. As the snake launches herself from the antlers of the brute, we are heading in the same direction, away from Gaucho, and so her teeth clip upon the flailing blonde mass of hair, but miss my neck, thank god. I have no idea what sort of hellish venom the monster has in her jaws, but I don't want any of it in me.

As I continue to rush forward, I feel my last attack hit the mark, but it is lost in a haze of almost being bit by a fucking snake, my breathing picking up harshly as a cold rush runs over my face. Little scares me, and I mean... literally almost nothing scares me. However, being poisoned is something that I do not know I can handle.

I curve sharply as I clear his body, pivoting around to look at the surprised face of the stallion even as his words meet my rather shocked face - though for entirely different reasons. Kri! I Gaucho! he bellows at me, and as my front hooves settle on the red dirt once more, I lean my head back and laugh, the wind tousling my mane behind me. "I know!" I call out to him, before I begin to ready myself once more. My legs push off as I race back to him, feeling the cool evening settle in around us. "Is a spar with a herdmate that odd to you, Gaucho?" I ask with a laugh as I aim myself toward his right, knowing it to already be battered by my attacks. I keep a wary eye up in his antlers, now painfully aware of the blasted snake in the cage of horns.

His wings extended, blocking me a clear of his barrel, but it is of no matter. I seem to not be phased, and instead I just tuck my neck and charge forward, wing or not to stop me. The delicate bones of the wing would yield to the plummeting force of my body, or I would be pissed off that everything of Gaucho appears to be more stubborn than a mountain when it comes to moving. I aim to be angled at his body in a manner that would allow my right hoof within range of his shoulder. Nearing where I remembered seeing his wing before tucking my head, I kick my back legs up toward his right shoulder, though my aim might fall short with the disparities in our height. I often wish that I were taller, but I know that my body has long since stopped growing. If everyone else would stop being a giant, I guess there would be no problem.

Rude of them to grow so tall.
""

[ WC: 701; 2/3; 0/2 MC; BULK and AIM. ]

Ascended Helovian

He can hear her voice reaching out to him, but even so, it takes a moment for her words to sink in - allowing her to distance herself from him, and turn back around. However, as they do, and the meaning sinks in, a delighted child-like grin appears upon his dark lips. As a charmingly-white set of teeth reveal themselves, his dark ears pull back as he prepares. Mara, who was not so dumbfounded and forced into immobility, hisses angrily, her steel coloured body wavering, as she menacingly chews on a lock of Kri's blond mane. Holding onto Gaucho's antlers once again, the snake dropped herself down to his chest, pressing a button which releases the two-inch bone spikes from the leather collar. As she winds herself back up into her antlered-cage, her dark eyes seemed to glitter with a dangerous amusement - an intelligence that her bonded does not posses - as she stares at the chocolatey target who has evaded her.

Kri's body has already begun to bridge the distance between the two, and Gaucho is now eager to participate (now that he knows wtf is going on). Lunging forward towards his commander, Gaucho sweeps his dark wings to his side, for her knows as well as Kri, that regardless of the sturdiness of his primary wing-bone, that it would not hold againsther muscular chest. As her body is angled, a stance which would suggest that she means to kick at him as she passes by, Gaucho tries to remove the advantage that having her body at a distance from his, would create.

As she approaches on his right, he too angles his long-strided steps to try to bring her body closer to his, hopefully reducing the amount of force behind the attack he feels is coming. That she is so much shorter than he, makes him feel slightly awkward, and yet he knows that his Commander is a more than capable adversary, and so he refuses to let her child-like height interfere with his mindset. Thrusting himself to the right, and aiming to make them as parallel as possible, the mud-coloured stallion tries to knock into Kri's right shoulder as she passes, to scrape her with his now-protruding bone-spikes. Gaucho lets forth a gasp of air, as he feels his stomach clenching painfully. In judging Kri's height, he only considered it insofar as how it would affect him hitting her. What did not cross his mind, is where her attacks would hit. Given the realignment of their bodies, Kri's attack did not hit her intended target of his shoulder, for he had change the angle too much. What it did hit, was the relatively unprotected underside of his belly, just behind his right elbow.

Grunting with pain, Gaucho's hind legs dug into the dry desert ground, as he brought his front hooves around in as swift of a pivot as he could manage. Once he was facing the opposite direction, towards where Kri's retreating form had last been, he lunged forward, intending to follow. Coming from her behind, Gaucho was careful to avoid positioning himself in a place where Kri could easily kick at him. Being much more compact than He, he was sure his Commander could buck in his direction with much more dexterity than he was used to. His wings unfurled at his sides, cutting neatly through the air as he tried to bridge the distance between them, aiming to come up on Kri's right side, which would give his battered right side a moment's rest from her attacks. Lowering his mighty rack of antlers, Gaucho aimed to attack Kri's right shoulder, raising his left wing so that it would not interfere. All the while, his stormy gaze remained fixed first on his Commander's muscular brown ass, and then her flank, to catch and respond to any indication that she might take to the skies to evade him.

In a regular spar, Gaucho might have follow this attack up with a buck, or even encouraged Mara to try attacking again, however given his opponent, Gaucho refrained. This put the bay's simple mind, in a very peculiar place: On the one hand, Gaucho's desire to prove himself to his Commander, and to challenge her in a way befitting her title, was ingrained in nearly every fiber of his being. He was not intimidated, nor was he cocky - he was simply glad to have the opportunity to learn what he could, from so skilled a warrior. On the other hand, as his Commander, Kri's prowess was needed both on and off the battlefield: Their entire herd relied upon her strength and savvy, and Gaucho feared that one misstep from either of them, could cause the compact chocolate mare to be injured.

[Attack 2/3 1/2 MC

WC: 799 Gaucho is using buffs BULK and DANCE]

NOTE: Please do not default this spar. I would like them to finish this, regardless of how long it takes in Boom's absence :)

Image Credits

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>

I would not go so far as to call myself fat. However, it may be noted that I am round, very round. This is not the form of gelatinous round you might see in the shapely elders who spend their days grazing. My figure is more of a solid, hard rock-face of musculature. Regardless, my barrel is round, with my withers tucked neatly on my back and hardly visible behind robust wings. The lady-like figure many mares may kill for died in my earlier years. I buried it under hard work and training. The point - stallions are naturally robust. I had to work for it.

I am confident in my strength, yet Gaucho is still a giant which worries me. He is broad and tall, and despite all of my training, I fear more of a brute. As my dark eyes note that he is turning a shoulder downward in my angle, now bedecked with sharp spikes, I feel a quiver of doubt in my belly. A friendly spar. However, the lack of understanding in Gaucho's mind at the start of this battle has me doubtful. With the night chasing my heels, I move swift as possible.

My right wing flares up. First, I would have it cleared from the aim of those dreadful spikes. Second, the feathered appendage raises toward what I hope to be the unsuspecting right side of Gaucho's brawny face. I have committed too much of my power into this charge and kick to deftly dodge the spikes completely, but I would spare what is most precious to me. The spikes crash into the upper end of my shoulder by the base of my neck, and, at first, I feel no pain as they slide into flesh. It is more of that grotesque, step by step moment in your brain where you feel the damage being done, but you do not really feel it. It's not until the evening air claps back toward my bleeding flesh that I let out a grunt of surprised pain, feeling the knives that had their teeth sunk into me moments before. Despite the pain which makes my senses blot red, I drive forward. One cannot stop the wind from blowing. You cannot stop me.

My hoof strikes out clean and unhindered, from what I assume would be his distraction from his own attack. It lands neatly in the underbelly, and I smile with gruff enthusiasm as I feel the push back of muscle and bone. His ribcage is protecting him well today.

And then, I was clear, skittering past his frame on speeding limbs. The joy I felt at my successful attack was short lived, for I heard the pounding of hooves in the growing darkness as night fell swiftly. Had we been in the air, Gaucho likely would have been bested on speed for a good while until his mammoth frame could build up enough momentum to catch me. On the ground, however, his long limbs made short work of my own small paces, and soon he was upon me. I note the sway of his head as he comes closer to my side, racing up but staying out of the range of my back legs. I smirk. So, the caveman learns. The throw of his wing tells me that his attack is coming and fast, but I am never one to allow such offenses easily.

Instead, I throw my right shoulder heavily toward Gaucho's left side, aiming to heave my chest toward the meeting of his shoulder and barrel, mindful of the spiked collar, while my teeth race upward toward the curled neck of Gaucho as his antlers strike for me. Instead of my already battered right shoulder, they scrape upon my left shoulder, loosening hair and small bits of flesh, stinging pain, but at least the claws of the strange appendages will not find their way into the chasms caused by the bone spikes earlier. Should my attack land, I would be hurting, but much less than flesh torn asunder once again. I hope that my burly stature will cause the brute some pain as well, or at the very least catch him by surprise.
""

[ WC: 738; 3/3; 0/2 MC; BULK and AIM.
/wipes brow. CUTTING IT CLOSE, but I couldn't let it default. <3 ]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Gaucho defaults to Kri.
Kri receives 1 VP.