the Rift

.H O M E.

Liseanne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The wind stroked Liseanne’s face as she swiftly flew above the trees. The cool air of Orangemoon swirled around her body and wings as her eyes scanned the ground below her. It was a beautiful day for flying. There was a slight breeze and the air was not too hot, and not too cold. The warm smile on her chestnut maw grew as her large nostrils flared to catch a scent of the new forest. After about three years of traveling, she had come across this border. She knew that this would be a new land that could possibly be the place where she could join another herd. Maybe even find Melissa, her sister. The day when she left was the worst day. The image of the storm flooding everything and killing everyone but her. She remembered waking up to find the two dead bodies of her parents.

Shaking her head to get rid of the horrible memory, the green eyes of the mare seemed to have a hint of sadness in them. Their glowing illusion seemed a little faded and dull. Seeing a break in the canopy of trees, the petit chestnut arabianess slowly made her way to the to the forest group. Her strong hooves hit the ground with a soft thud. The cool breeze rubbed her body along with the light heat from the sun. She began to walk forward, her golden wings rested at her side. The small Arabian mare could smell the scent of the other horses that had come here before she had, some were strong and others weak. Was this some kind of greeting place? A place where others come to welcome new comers into their herds? If so than she had landed in the right place. It had been so long since she had the companion of others. Perhaps this place would be better than her old home.

The sound of bees hurrying to collect the sweet nectar of plants filled her ears and seemed to take away the dull fade in her lime gems. Liseanne was ready for someone to find her and take her to her home. She needed a home. She now halted and stretched her golden wings down. Her concave cranium peered out into the endless line of trees. Excitement rushed through her body as she waited. The small mare waited for someone to find her. For someone to bring her home.

LISEANNE
Image Credit

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Searching was a hard thing to do indeed. I flew high above the tree tops scanning for the few horses I barely knew, but especially a white hide and giant eagle wings somewhere in the forest. Where were they? Neferati, and all of the others that she gathered. Had they dispersed this quickly already? The wind blew up my white mane, whipping it in my face, and carrying me higher into the sky. I stopped fighting it, and let it drag me to wherever it wanted to, because I knew my search was going to be in vain. I started drifting off into a dream land, as I soared high above the green trees. I blinked my emerald eyes, thinking how much I wanted them to be fiery red with orange flecks when I was younger. Now I learned to appreciate my forest greens. I let out a chuckle of how foolish I was, and how arrogant when I thought I would always win. I started contemplating deeper on how I become. I guess I was really anxious around the strangers, if they were bigger than me, but I started to feel as if I was getting over my extreme shyness.

I started drifting over to my old home. Days like these, with air just the right temperature, and the cool winds reminded me of the vast fields, with tall lingering grass that swayed every time a breeze blew through, making them produce noise as if something was brushing against them. I knew I could hear their whispers, as if they were telling me the secrets of nature. Oh, how I missed my home! I was a hero, but now I knew I was just a coward. I really wanted to have a home I could call mine. Then I kept on drifting through thoughts, and how I might possibly want to join the Throat. Yes! The throat. That would be ideal! Before I could keep on drifting in space, I saw a palomino shape with wings! Another horse, and she seemed quite small in fact. Without fear, posing on a serious, but kind face, I landed infront of her, hoping not to scare her. "Hello there!" I said joyfully. The lass didn't terrify me like the others, to be exact, she looked vulnerable and sweet. "My name is Phoenix!" I said, pricking up my ears playfully.

*suckish post, sorry :/*

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

The thick pungent aroma of pine swelled through the forest which skirted the very brim of Helovia, drowning the crisp Orangemoon breeze when it seeped between thickets of densely growing wood. It was late in the morning and sun drifted downwards, dappling into long shafts beneath the prickly canopy and highlighting the hanging particles of pollen spores and dust which were disturbed by travellers and hunters alike. Not long ago, Africa had come to Helovia, both enchanted and excited by the wonderful stories of magic and sovereignty woven like shining silk through the gullible years of her childhood. Determination and wonder had fuelled the young horse’s arduous journey from the remote, neighbouring region of Nyorm and Africa had fallen into the welcoming embrace of the forest which now held her imagination completely captive.

Even after many days frequenting the expanse of thick pine woodland, pockets would reveal themselves and Africa would dabble and play amongst the delicate flowers, tasting the succulent grasses and resting beneath the lofty overhang of lone red oaks, where they broke uniform amongst the maze of spindly conifers. This day was no different, and the starry eyed grey lay sprawled out amongst a carpet of long lash golden grass, basking beneath the tepid glow of the climbing sun. She was used to the commonplace wanderings of strangers by now, at ease as horses passed close where she lay, though on occasion she would open her eyes to the gentle murmuring of greeting peering upwards curiously, to find the source.

It was the bright call of another that drew Africa from the grip of a light dreamy doze. "Hello there!" The stallion called through the softly billowing breeze, and the young dapple grey’s ears flickered with interest. The voice had not been too distant, and lifting herself from her supple bed, the mare shook the seed from her coat. Scanning the clearing humbly, the mare picked the forms two horse’s, both similar in colour and each was delightfully blessed with great feathered wings. A cool smile played across Africa’s muzzle and she turned, following a lightly worn track in the couple’s direction. As she did so, the baritone voice of the stallion broke steady the hum of white noise once again. "My name is Phoenix!" it revealed cheerily.

As she approached, Africa whickered in pleasant greeting drawing deeply individual scents automatically. She drew gracefully alongside the mare, offering a polite distance between them and dipped her face in greeting. “Hi.” She greeted both the mare, and stallion glancing to each respectfully. “I’m Africa. Pleasant day don’t you agree?” Ruffling her wings casually, she found comfort as the warm stroke of sunlight soaked beneath the humble gloss of her grey feathers.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Unregistered

Minutes turned into hours and the small mare began to believe that no one would come. She was disheartened, but she would not give up so easily. She would wait a little more, then if no one showed up she would continue to jump back into the sky and soar off. All that she wanted to do was to talk and to join others. She did not want to wait more years alone and without anyone to catch her back when she falls. She could not go her whole life without the company of another, she would literally go insane.

Her hopes were beginning to fade and Liseanne got ready to turn around and flap her wings and fly back into the sky, but a sound of another came singing in her velvet like ears. The sight of a large palomino pegasus came into her sight. A welcoming smile came across her distinct maw. Her glowing lime gaze caught his green orbs. His wings were great and had a fiery look to them. His joyful voice rang out to her, Hello there! My name is Phoenix! Just when he was done speaking, a whinny waved in the air. Turning her dished face over to the direction of the whinny, another pegasus came ambling over. Her grey dappled body stopped nexted to the small arabianess. She, like mostly everyone else, was much taller than Liseanne. The smile on her face was warm. Hi. I’m Africa. Pleasant day don’t you agree? Her voice was welcoming, just like the brute Pheonix.

“Greetings to the both of you. It is indeed, wonderful. I am Liseanne, and may I ask where and why you two have come here?” Her voice came out like sweet honey. Her shinny chestnut body glistened in the suns gentle beams. The wind blew her delicate blonde mane revealing her thick neck. Her large nostrils flare as she takes the scent of the two. The large palomino smelled of the the very forest they were in right now, and the larger grey smelled of sandy dunes. At least one of them had to be part of a herd, or group that she could possibly join. The petit mare could tell that the Africa was, but she was not sure about Pheonix. Perhaps he had just arrived also? They could join together maybe. It would be nice to know a couple of others before joining.

LISEANNE
Image Credit

Unregistered
I stood there smiling gleefully at the new mare, when I heard the footsteps of another approach. All of a sudden, I felt the need to hide behind another tree or leave when I saw the new mare approach. I tried to push the sudden shyness down, and shifted nervously as she came closer. At least she was a pegasus like us. I didn't have a problem with Equines or Unicorns, but when you really wanted to spread your wings and fly, you would feel guilty about leaving them behind. But as soon as the mare spoke, I eased in. It was truly the ones that loomed over you with cruel faces and voices that terrified me. She settled herself in between the other mare and I, but still not too close for our liking, which calmed my anxiousness. "Hello there Africa! I'm Pheonix, and I have to agree, it is a lovely day", I told her with a happy jump to my voice. I lifted my head and looked around the place, admiring the towering oaks and the firs mixed in the forest. the air was just perfect, with a slight breeze, slowly ruffling my white mane. I stared at Africa seeing that she was certainly full of youth, and probably a little bit you get than me and with the sun shining on her, she had a gleam to her dappled gray coat. I looked back at the palomino, and like Africa, she seemed quite happy, but a little bit more calmed.

The palomino gal seemed like an Arabian, with a dished face and green eyes that seemed to glow, but even for an Arabian, she seemed a tiny bit small. But Africa was quite the tall one. She was taller than me, and towered two hands above the other palomino gal. Finally after staying quiet, the lass finally spoke. "Hello Liseanne", I said rolling her name over my tongue. It sounded...elegant. "You both have interesting and pretty names", I randomly said, trying to be complimentary and nice. Hopefully, that remark didn't creep them out. I gave an embarassed smile and carefully chose my words before I could make some sort of stupid remark again. "I came here, escaping from my old home", I started. Actually you were captured, stupid, I thought scornfully to myself. "And I met a lass named Neferati. I promised to help her find her father, but I can't seem to find her, which is why I came. But instead, I met you two", I said smiling, glad that I met new horses. "But to tell the truth, I am interested in living in the Throat," I said. The sun finally came out shining on my pelt making it seem like orange fire. I smiled and looked at Liseanne. Maybe she wanted to join too? I could already tell that Africa was from that place. I could smell sand and other horses all over her gray pelt. It would be nice to join with another.

Deceased

Look down
Look up

The epitome of youth and virtue, Africa thus far in her life held little experience to draw from when different situations presented themselves. Raised amid a rogue cult of outcasts neighbouring the rugged fringe of Helovia, she was the dearly cherished only child, sheltered from the diseased world outside and held until her wanderlust heart could bear the domineering grip of her family no longer. She had stumbled into the Threshold like many before her, a cycle that would undoubtedly continue until world’s end. Driven to discover and behold all that this magical land could offer, Africa’s journey began perhaps in the same manner that they all did.

Her pale creamy eyes were soft, enamoured and youthful as they roved patiently between the chestnut mare’s glowing green eyes. “Greetings to the both of you. It is indeed, wonderful. I am Liseanne, and may I ask where and why you two have come here?” Africa’s ears swivelled, listening with interest. She spent much time exploring the Threshold at liberty to play as she wished, thus far without the weight of accountability. There was much to learn, but for the starry-eyed grey life was a slow, work in progress- mostly she busied herself amongst Helovia’s rich flora. “I’m here mostly with nothing more interesting to better spend my time doing...” Africa responded lightly. There had been a number of visitors to the oasis in recent days, and there had been seldom an opportunity to request work. “I come from Dragons Throat. What brings you to the Threshold?” For all she knew, Liseanne could very well have been scouring the shifting masses to populate some other region.

Curiously, Africa’s attention shifted towards the stallion that seemed lacking in confidence- much the same way she herself had maybe a month before. Never the less, he soon spoke and the dappled mare payed him the same respect, absorbing his introduction. "Hello there Africa! I'm Pheonix, and I have to agree, it is a lovely day.” So, with the pleasantries completed and everyone more or less on the same page, Africa settled comfortably, resting her hind leg with a cocked hoof. Generally speaking, she had never been overly forward socially, lacking the fluid skill of small talk, and as it were, Pheonix seemed anxious to continue the conversation. Obligingly, and a little relieved the grey mare remained silent between her company.

"You both have interesting and pretty names.” The palomino began, and Africa maintained a polite front despite the plain irrelevance of his comment. Her eyes narrowed thoughtfully, though as he continued along with an albeit long winded story, she passed a sidewards glance via Liseanne to perhaps grasp any sort of expression betraying the chestnut’s thoughts. Slowly her focus began to wander, a thrush dancing in the scrub was a handy distraction, but Pheonix mentioned the Throat and the young horse’s eyes snapped quickly back.

Her unassuming voice was laced with sincerity when she tilted her face to better address the stallion. “The Throat Pheonix? Why does your interest lie with my home?” Curiously and without prejudice, she allowed he eyes to trace the shift of his expression, keen to learn the impression another held about her home- her family.

[ooc: pheonix, if Africa is to invite you to the Throat you will probably need to shrink your signature’s font size and make the colour a little less bright. It takes away from the posts is all :-P)

Unregistered

[i]“I’m here mostly with nothing more interesting to better spend my time doing... I come from Dragons Throat. What brings you to the Threshold?” The grey mare asked Liseanne. The answer to that was obvious. She had come to find a new home and not be alone anymore. The chestnut mare opened her maw and spoke, “I have come here to find a new home and escape the loneliness that once consumed me.” The thoughts of isolation when her family had died and when Melissa went missing. She wondered where Melissa was? Had she come to Helovia too?

"Hello Liseanne. You both have interesting and pretty names.” The stallion said to the two mares. Liseanne’s face grew a kind smile at this. She had not had a compliment in a long time, mostly because she had spent her days isolated from others. “Thank you Pheonix. You also have a cool name.” She was happy to see and to be talking to other horses. It really had been a long time. She did not want to spend all of her life alone, she could not keep walking on and on, headed for absolutely nowhere. She would ask Africa about her home maybe.

As Africa began to talk to Pheonix, she listened. She wanted to know when this Dragons Throat was. “Excuse me for interrupting, but want is the Dragon’s Throat all about?” The cool breeze swirled around the chestnut body of the tiny Arabian. Her glowing green eyes peered at the two larger horses.

[[OCC:: Sorry for the wait. I lost my computer for the weekend. Also, sorry for the really small and suckish post XD All my writing muse has gone :( ]]

LISEANNE
Image Credit

Unregistered
The lad felt ashamed, truly by making the ridiculous comment. He looked towards the dappled mare as she narrowed her eyes intently, and instantly felt bad. He was just trying to spark up some sort of awkward conversation, to see if he could gain them as acquaintances, or even more as friends. Then she asked he curiously about how he knew her home. Who wouldn't? He heard about it from..Neferati! That's it! He knew she had mentioned it some time, the oasis lying in the desert. Though he had been raised in a place with frigid winters, and cool summers, he had always had a liking to the heat, since his name after all was Pheonix. "Well, my interest is, I'd be glad to join", he said trailing off. Pheonix was thinking about Neferati. Was it her father that had been chased off their lands? He vaguely remembered. But the name Kri was familiar as she retold her story to him and a couple of other horses so long ago. He had to admit, he actually missed the giant, white lass. He grew a liking to her happy personality, and thought of her as a sister that he had to protect.

Liseanne finally spoke again complimenting his ordinary name. What was so big about it? Nothing? But still the lad felt heat rise to his cheeks. "Thanks", he muttered, almost embarrassed. He listened as Liseanne interrupted about the Dragon's Throat, but since Pheonix assumed Africa was there, he decided to let her be the one to talk.

{Just so you know, I spelled Phoenix, Pheonix because I thought the other Pheonix's name was spelled Phoenix.. (tongue twister, much? XD) }

Deceased

Look down
Look up

Another breeze swept by the trio tousling Africa’s grey mane playfully, and she inhaled deeply, savouring the refreshing coolness despite the warmth of impending midday. Thoughtful eyes glistened as they watched Liseanne patiently; they switched fondly to the stallion, sharing her attention amiably between the two. “I have come here to find a new home and escape the loneliness that once consumed me.” The young Pegasus tilted her face slightly and watched the sunset hued mare with softening eyes. It was probable that Liseanne had come from a rough history, and although Africa could not relate to the sorrow which she perceived underlying the words, she reached quietly, sensitively, to try to brush the spray of whiskers dressing the other mare’s muzzle. It was a gesture of kindness; Africa wanted to show she cared.

Thank you Pheonix. You also have a cool name.” She listened politely, even as her own eyes were narrowed and regardless of the stallion’s apparently excited chatter, Africa stretched her neck upwards to try to nuzzle the palomino’s crest reassuringly. Undoubtedly, if Liseanne and Pheonix were to accept an invitation to join her family, in the Throat they would make fine contributing members. “Excuse me for interrupting, but want is the Dragon’s Throat all about?” Her thoughts were broken though, and she turned with interest towards Pheonix as he looked to Africa to maybe respond to the chestnut’s question. A smile leaked through Africa’s vigilant gaze.

Dragons Throat is far to the south, a desert on the furthest peninsula. My home is a sanctuary that is open to those that wish to learn, to understand the meaning of family. ” The young horse said with a broad, fond smile as she recalled the words Midas had previously offered to her when they had first met, here in this very forest. “I have come to offer it to each of you.” Africa felt the giddy rush of butterflies in her stomach, and her already tender gaze mellowed as she imagined Liseanne as her sister, and Pheonix her brother. They each would be united by the hot red dust which she by now wore elatedly across her dappled pelt.