the Rift

[OPEN] I Can Hear the Silence [Quest Return/Earth God]

Cormac Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

CORMAC the BARBARIAN

Silence. It lay like a thick blanket of snow over the dark sooty bay stallion, following him wherever he went. For two weeks he had experienced a deafness that was akin in some ways to his own inability to feel physical pain. The first few days had had him in a state of almost panic trying to desperately reclaim something that only the benevolence of a god could give him. Now it was easier to at least understand others thanks to the help of Aryel who was kind enough to let him acquire his lip reading skills so that he didn't have to suffer the humiliation of being completely left out of his comrade's conversations. The pirate's meeting had been particularly difficult for him to follow since too many equines had been speaking at different times that it was hard to keep track of them all.

Perhaps the most frustrating part of his deafness was trying to find new crew mates in the threshold. Although he still had his sense of smell by the time he located the newcomer someone else had already snatched them up and they were off never knowing that they had just missed joining the best outcast herd there was. He finally ran into Vicer and a white colt whose name he still didn't know and after such a long day managed to help him recruit the young stag. He had had mischief in his eyes and would make a wonderful addition to their band, perhaps the wait would be worth it.

At long last Cormac reached the broken shrines and upon seeing them stood and stared, shocked. Was this some kind of cruel joke the gods were playing on him? The water god took away his hearing and then left?! A scream left his throat as anger and frustration welled up in him and he struck the black rocks under his hooves, wanting to release his fury on the shrines but knowing better then to disrespect the gods in such a blatant way. Finding a nearby pillar of stone that was disconnected to the decrepit shrines and threw himself at it. Long jagged scratches found their way onto his legs until he braced his head against the now red and black rock. A single word escaped his lips in a hoarse whisper. "Please..." This would probably be the first and last time he ever said it, but at least it was one of the gods that had finally dragged that word from his lips.

[ooc: So I adopted Cormac and am not totally sure if I fulfilled the quest correctly so just let me know if I forgot something.
Threads:
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=6322
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=6589
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=6610]

ar ar ar
a pirate's life for me

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

The God of the Earth saw the whining pirate come back after not obeying his quest, and a thunderous roar punctuated his arrival. Crumbling stone from the shaking ground crashed into the ocean, and the waves rose around them, smashing to and fro. Green eyes bored into the eyes of the begging pirate who could not even follow a simple task after two chances of failing and then trying to make it right! A wave crashed onto the veins, forming the god of the earth who shook water from his dark mane and ram's horns.

"You did NOT come and visit my shrine as I told you to! The god roared loudly in the stallion's face. "You FAILED a simple task of living in the ocean, but I was merciful. I gave you a second chance, which you also squandered. Then, a third time, I was merciful. I took away your hearing so that you could learn a lesson. I asked you to visit my shrine at the end of every week."

The Earth God grunted. "And SOMEHOW you managed to get your hearing BACK! You ignored my quest! You spit upon the tasks I have given to earn your magic, and now I shall ignore you! Three chances... I gave you three chances. You are either a fool or dense." The anger masked a deep sadness that the mortals were this self-centered and this uncaring about the responsibility of power.

"You will not be answered by the gods for 3 seasons." With that said, the god melted into the ground as water, waves crashing up to catch his essence before sneaking back to the calming ocean.

[[OOC: I am not sure what happened between you adopting him, but this was his third chance at a task and it's here http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=5348 . Cormac has already failed 3 tasks now and it only makes IC sense for the Eath God to banish him. You can try again in 3 seasons.]]

CREDITS

Cormac Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[ooc: Ok, sorry about that! Elope just told me that he had to be deaf for two weeks and didn't mention the whole come back to the shrine thing after a week. I'll have him try again later! :)]