the Rift

[OPEN] Glittering In The Sun{Ranked/Open/Joining}

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

swoosh, swoosh, swoosh
I was really becoming tired of listening to nothing but my wingbeats. My odd meeting with Shajake and my ever-so-brief meeting in that forest had done little to sate my wish to be in a herd. I knew some horses never joined one but, instead, chose to wander throughout their lives. While I certainly enjoyed my solace, time to pray to Father Earth and contemplate life, I also greatly enjoyed the company of others. What was the point in life, anyways, if all one did was think in ones own head but never speak those words aloud?

If one were the greatest horse in the world, but made no close acquaintances, hated or loved, would they not be forgotten mere moments after their death? Were we not all measured by the relationships( or hateships) we founded and nurtured throughout our lives? The way to living for the greatest good, for enlightenment, for a good life, was not solely through being pious. It was also made through living for passion and love and fire and fight. One could not live life well without truly living it. And the only way life could be truly lived without living it with others in it. Therefore, I must find myself a homeland in which I can nurture my young life.

I fly for quite some time longer, taking an uneventful short break to drink some water, before I enter the desert. It is a long, empty trek and it empties me as well as the landscape. I feel that, the closer I fly to my destination, the more whole I become in my mind. It is not to say that I feel as if I will be at home here. It is to say that I like the feel of this land. Its broad, empty expanses allow for inward thoughts without outward distractions. It also reminds me of my hot, lava-rock home.

I see a huge wall looming in the distance first...or,well, the beginnings of one. Just behind that I see trees and beauty, for I am high in the air, and wonder at why they are building a wall. It is certainly curious. But, as for now, I desperately need a drink. My aching wings strain to float me to the ground just outside the wall. Thinking it would be impertinent of me to enter the grounds without first speaking to somehorse, I look around. There is no one nearby and a heave a dry cough, causing a cloud of dust to spiral up about me. That had been effective, I think. My white hide stays pristinely clean though, despite all the dust swirling about. Now that I've landed, I can see that I've flown too long and I begin to see spots in my sapphire vision. Certainly, somehorse must have spotted me by now, I think, and though I find I cannot hear any longer(I pray this is just for the moment) I speak in my dry, though still raspy voice,

"Water..."
and hope somehorse comes soon.

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Orangemoon and Birdsong were perhaps my most favored seasons. They brought cooler air to the desert and made a warriors duties more gleefully done without the weight of the sun to fry our minds and slander our backs. Don’t get me wrong, it was still very hot; but the heat was lessened by cool northern air blowing in from the mountains. I had spent the day patrolling, enjoying the afternoon thermals while keeping an eagle eye out for trouble. Lately my time used closer to home, rumors of evil magic had begun to trickle in. Magic that made you see a mirroring of yourself, except the image was altered and completely opposite of its original owner.

The safest place was behind Kri’s little wall.

In the distance a bobbing figure started to take shape above the hazy sand. Since I was flying rather elevated, my first thought was that it happened to be just another warrior returning home; but as the creature drew closer I realized my mistake. Very few clan members bore white wings with an alabaster body. The stranger descended landing only a few feet away from the boarders of my homeland.

Moments after his feet touched sand I pressed forward and closed my wings. Like a bullet I fell from heaven, only unfurling feathers once ground had grown to near for comfort. They extended and caught an updraft which slowed my descent considerably. Golden daggers touched sand, granules scattered as the last beats of my wings died out and they moved to fold along my spine.

Smiling as the last of said dust settled I greeted the stranger warmly, “Good day to you brother—what brings you to Dragons Throat?” It was obvious he was tired, but weren’t they all?
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

swoosh, swoosh, swoosh

Thank the gods hearing returned quickly, I think.

The deep beats of two sets of masses of feathers reaches my white ears. Swirling blue eyes glance about, a muscled white neck stretches about, stretching the dry throat within, and tickling up a dry cough. I fought it for as long as I could before I gave up a ticked off cough. Gods, I should be stronger than this. I, a colt who grew up during the great drought of vain Brother Sun, in the midst of lava, was hot and thirsty. Though, honestly, it really was deserved for my failure to stop at that last water hole I'd spotted. Anyhorse, not matter how conditioned, could become dehydrated.

It takes a few moments of forced focus for my orbs to fixate upon the shining speck of a pegasus within the folds of air above. Why was it so metallic? When I look away, the same spot is burned into my vision. Were I in better shape, I'd question this more, but I wasn't. A sigh is heaved and I watch to see if the speck will fall, like a star from the sky, to meet my, currently, earth-bound body. It takes only mere moments for my white hide to be spotted, but I could have sworn it had taken centuries, so thirsty was I. It dove from high above, picking up speed and, not showing any signs of pulling up soon I pull up my breath, anticipating a thick shower of sand upon his landing. Sure enough, the horse pulled up at the utter last moment, much like myself, and sent a light, though substantial, cloud of sand into the air, much to my throat's disapproval. Though as the sand settles, my hide remains pristine, untouched by the dusting. At least I could be impressive in that.

My strapping young body still felt so strange next to this long leathered warrior. I'd only just gotten used to my filled out body and voice, and it still felt much like being a foal. When you'd play the game of trying to fill out your parents hoofprints, and knowing you're still too small. But instead of hoofprints and parents, it was only you, and you trying to fill yourself up. I'd been working on things though, and I choked down the coughing fit threatening to overtake me, pulled my form together, and managed a bow of my head to the Elder before me. Returning his greeting, I speak in my earthy voice, "Greetings to you as well, Brother.". Ok, I'm pretty sure that was stallioney, how I was supposed to act. It was short, strong, and emphatic. The stallion goes on to, naturally, inquire as to my purpose in his land. His wording is quite intriguing, and I loll it about in my thoughts before I reply, with a grin,
"What brings me here and why I am here are two entirely different things. One is quite a bit longer that the other. Suffice to say, for the longer one, that I went seeking something, found it, and it wasn't what I'd hoped it to be. As to the shorter, I'm seeking a home, and," I fluff my metallic, gold dusted wings then, "I've heard in the past that this was a fantastic place for Pegasi." and then all my clever wording to this elder goes out the window as my voice catches dryly on the last words, the sand finally pushing its way out of me by force. I could almost roll my eyes in frustration. Though I don't, because that would be both immature and weak. I am not weak, I am not a suckling anymore, I am a stallion, and I am going to act like one, I think.

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

He greets me easily, and politely. Two brownie points in my book that could prove worthwhile to him in the near future. I really wasn’t a hard fellow to get along with—in fact one could boast I favored most creatures that at least bore some amount of common sense. "What brings me here and why I am here are two entirely different things. One is quite a bit longer that the other. Suffice to say, for the longer one, that I went seeking something, found it, and it wasn't what I'd hoped it to be.” I cared not for what is was that the boy sought, nor why it hadn’t lived up to his expectations. If this stranger wanted to spill heart upon the sand and offer words of extended explanation to my ears—then I would care; until then…my lips would remained sealed against prying into business that obviously wouldn’t concern myself or the herd.

His next words however do interest me. He wanted to join? My lips curl into a wider smile; we welcomed those with a willing heart, “The rumors you have overheard are truth; no other territory has such a vast amount of skyspace to own” Golden pools travel to the heavens above us, the blazing sun scoring above us. “You are welcome to stay friend. Please, call me Midas.” I didn’t bother telling him my title, the youngling would learn formalities soon enough. It was more important that we get this new blood settled in, and possibly find out what talents he carried, “Come, you must be parched and weary from travels; the oasis isn’t far—“
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]