[OPEN] Danger Looms [ranked Edge/circe/throat]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
INNOCENCE
You will never be mine

North, finally north. The heat of the Dragon's Throat was making her feel miserable and irritated, but she did her best to put on a kind smile to those who resided there. Many kind and pleased faces had appeared on her arrival, greeting her with a warmth that she was unsure that she deserved. Ophelia had given him the warning, and now, shew as to do the same for the World's Edge. This act of kindness could be seen as a home-warming gift of sorts; an example of how potent the Grey's powers of gaining knowledge truly are.

Ophelia did not move as slowly as she had before, trying to withhold a brave and solid exterior, though her physique was obviously altered in a subtle way. A sway settled through her normally very long and lean top line, and the slender, thin curve of her belly was just a bit wider. Some mares were built this way naturally, but Ophelia certainly was not. The pale creature paused where the trees began to rise solidly, forming a tangible barrier that easily marked the entrance to the World's Edge.

She had learned the borders here well, the hard way. Deimos had nearly taken her life for crossing them, and she was not about to do the same now. Cloven hooves paused at the treeline and she peered into the misty forest. Evening was settling in, darkening even the shadows to a hole in the horizon. The journey was long; she had not expected to arrive before nightfall, but she preferred the drop in temperature which came with the setting of the sun. A foggy breath moved past her lips, her hooves settling onto the crunchy leaves.

Where are they? she wondered, but what she did not realize was that she was projecting her thoughts to the minds of those in the vicinity.

The rift was there, bright and powerful, and Ophelia was not immune. She held magic, and that magic would turn against her; it had already begun. "Mirage, or a close confidant," she said clearly into the forest, her chime-like voice dancing through the trees. "I have information which I need to share." Tulip, pale ears tilted forward, awaiting a response, keen to pick up even the smallest rustle of leaves on the wind.

[[OOC: any Throat member who wanted to come along from the thread there is welcome to :D
- This is set before Phi knows she is pregnant, so please do not have your character mention anything aloud. The thread with the Time God occurs AFTER this one. ]]

Credits: The-Ripple-Effects @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
It was strange, the sensation of a voice that was not her own, nor Akaith's, speaking in her mind. Where are they? it rolled across the lands, as loud and clear as if someone had spoken it directly into her ears. The golden dragon chirped from her perch atop the black mare's withers, peering around with her bonded with a sense of confusion. Beside them, walked the dragonsisters, the silver and golden daughters of DragonHeart and DragonSon, bewildered and unfamiliar with such a thing. Dark muzzle bent to grace the fringed forelocks of the young belles with a sigh of a kiss, a whisper of affection to settle their nerves, before the little shadow mare led the wraiths through the woods. Akaith had gone aerial since the strange mental brush, scoping out the vicinity with both her mind and her other, natural senses. It seemed there was a dragon nearby, though it did not make itself specifically known.

This peaked Mirage's curiosity more, and with a quickened step, a smooth trot she weaved her way to the borders, façade heavily guarded with impassive emotion, her daughters following close by, not scared so much as curious to know what aroused their mother's interest. The dark mare paused in the thicket, turned her tiara to give each of them a warm, loving glance with her honey-caramel gaze, which they understood as a signal to stay still, stay hidden, and most importantly, stay silent and observe, learn, absorb all the knowledge that they could. While they were still too young to string more than two words together, their ability to perceive that which occurs around them was astounding to say the least.

It was with this shortened distance that the mare then heard her name spoken upon a true tongue, and, trusting her daughters' abilities to be obedient, at least for a few moments, she turned upon her heel and pulled herself from the shadows of her home to greet the pale one. She is bonded. Akaith mentioned, but it confused Mirage. To what? Mirage quizzed back as she drank the appearance of what looked like a unicorn before her. I smell silver. It took Mirage a moment to comprehend - but then she remembered, when Akaith was young and a gathering was held in Isilme where all those bonded to dragons attended - a horned halfling, a unicorn with equine blood. Ophelia was a hybrid, her blood contained enough traits to allow her to forge the draconic bond. A second passed as she made this observation, as she came to this realisation. Her tiara bowed to the young mare, whom she remembered, vaguely, from a Threshold encounter.

"Hail, Chieftess of the Foothills." Mirage's voice was deep and melodic, as she raised her eyes back to the level of this pale, crimson-tipped damsel. "Information is a valuable commodity," the little shadow mare continued, her voice unwavering in its strength and magnitude as it curled around the words with her accent. "Why is the Edge honoured to be privy to this information? And at what price?" Her questions were unassuming, spoken in polite, quiet tones. She did not mean offence, but rather, she was genuinely curious as to why this new leader would deem her worthy of receiving such knowledge. The mare was no fool, mostly everything came at a price, and she would discover the cost before she settled upon the purchase. With a flutter of golden scales, the little queenly companion settled upon her withers, peering into the mismatched eyes of Ophelia, silent and sharp.
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
A million miles away, my heart was racing the sands alongside Tamira, who had consequently disappeared from the Edge altogether in all reality. I didn’t feel the urge to press her on the matter but an air of change was coming quickly and I could nearly taste it on my tongue. However, I never knew how fast change would come knocking at my door. In fact, as I moved along our borders, lost in an illustrious daydream, I didn’t even realize just how close I came to said change. However, when Ophelia’s voice rung out over the mists, change became exceedingly hard to ignore. I was quite certain that Mirage could handle whatever details came with the unexpected visit, but as my nature would behold- I was too curious to avoid response. So with a new profound urgency did I retrace my steps through the Edge in hopes of answering cause with relief.

I had no doubt that Mirage would be in attendance, though given her situation as a new mother, I did not want the various stresses of herd life to cause her strain. However, of course Mirage had a way of surprising me at every turn. She was still just as full of life and vigor and I was more than glad to receive her support in such a critical situation. I had only heard of the new Chieftess of the Foothills in rumors and small quips but they certainly did little to justify the pale beauty that stood before me. “Welcome Chieftess. I am Thor, second presiding WeyrLeader of the Edge. I do hope you’re able to make yourself comfortable during your time here.” I smiled warmly at the crimson tinged mare, hoping more than anything that she would find comfort here -a mere advantage in understanding her motives- until she was once again on her way to the Hills.

Upon reaching the pair, I had sidled up alongside Mirage, nudging her slightly to affirm my presence. I had no reason to interfere with her judgment and therefore after introductions had been made, I was more than content to listen quietly through most of the conversation. I wasn’t sure what Ophelia had come to inform us of, but I was sure that it couldn’t be good. After all, the new residents of the Foothills had done little in the way of sharing a neighborly welcome. Whatever it was that had sent her to the borders of the Edge was something that deserved our full attention. At least until whatever problems she voiced were solved indefinitely.

OOC| Excuse this garbage. As for Mirage, I didn’t mention the foals yet because I haven’t been able to make it to your birthing thread and I was afraid to assume he knew them.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron</style>
World's Edge Glazier
And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
</style>

A familiar voice calls out across the Edge, and the new Glazier's ears flattened back at the sound. What does she want. With a snort he also began the walk to where Ophelia stood, Alanna jogging along at his side. The pup was growing up fast, a bit to fast for the young stallion. He now understood why his mother used to tell him the same thing. Children did not stay children long enough. The gods knew he had not, nor had Phi. his anger for her actions against the Foothills had cooled, but was not forgotten. Nor were her words that day in the Deep Forest. she had claimed he was immature, childish... No. She called him what she really was. However he would keep that opinion to himself for this meeting. Alanna whined at his side, reminding him to focus on keeping his cool as he now was part of Mirage's and Thor's council.

It seemed both Mirage and Thor had arrived before he had, both giving friendly greetings to the pale mare. Aaron came to stand to the left of Mirage, but back a slight bit. It allowed Phi to see that Mirage and Thor were the WeyrLeaders, but that Aaron also held a higher place in this herd. His eyes were darker than normal, the only sign that he was not pleased to see Ophelia here. He nodded in greeting, but not respect. He could not respect someone who so easily stole a home. The Qian and Dragon's Throat had only taken the bastard blood bay out of the way, not almost every fighting capable member of the herd. They fought and won. The Grey had not given those in the Foothills the chance to change things within the herd.

Quickly he shoved all of that to the back of his mind, speaking in an indifferent tone "Ophelia. Don't need to introduce myself other than to say I am the Glazier." He kept any emotion out of his voice, at which Alanna growled softly. He snorted in warning to the pup. This was not a personal meeting, but one that effected the herd. For this reason he would not show how he felt about the one delivering the information.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Ascended Helovian

INNOCENCE
You will never be mine

Ophelia waited patiently, but she did not have to wait long. A dark, stunning figure emerged from the mists who was perfectly fit for her surroundings. She was stately, confident, and bold. She assumed this golden adorned mare to be Mirage - for who else could claim such authority with a simple stride in her direction? In her presence, Ophelia felt young and small, so in return to the mare's gesture, the alabaster princess dipped her head respectfully. All of her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a squeal of sheer delight.

GOLG! A voice screamed in her head and thus also screamed in the minds of everyone else. She furrowed her brows and looked up to see her silver companion sail over head, landing on her back to gawk at Mirage's queen.

Phi had never heard Tinek speak before, and she smiled, momentarily distracted. "My apologies," she said with a light chuckle, the sound like chimes. "Tinek spoke for the first time in our tongue, and I believe he meant to say 'gold'. However, it sounded more like 'golg'." Dual colored eyes now shifted to Mirage's companion, and she inclined her head respectfully to the aged and wise female as well. Tinek still gawked and attempted to puff out his chest pridefully, overwhelmed by the presence of a female dragon as well as one well above his age and status.

The silver scaled beast lowered his head deferentially, like a dog cowering to its master, and he hesitantly took flight to a nearby tree branch, eager to make acquaintances. Like a metronome, his tail swung around excitedly.

Crimson and blue then rested on Mirage's tawny gaze, listening to her polite and diplomatic words with rapt attention. Ophelia's tulip ears were tilted forward, a pleasant smile on her lips.

"Price? I suppose we are mercenaries; should I charge to aide these people? Why does that seem so wrong?" Ophelia thought in her own mind, unaware that her magic was being turned against her.

Before Ophelia had a chance to answer, a chocolate pegasus made his presence known, announcing himself as Mirage's second in command. She inclined her head respectfully to him as well, thinking him to be a rather handsome fellow and incredibly tall for a winged one.

"Tall, dark and handsome; he certainly fits the description for a mare's fantasy." She thought, unknowingly projecting them as well.

"Greetings Lady Mirage and Lord Thor," she finally spoke respectfully. "What I want to tell you does not come with a price. Consider it a friendly gesture and an example of the Grey's abilities, if you will." Ophelia's two toned gaze looked between the two, and she sobered. "The Edge is the target for an outcast band called the Assassins. This group is lead by a mare named Ignita; she is charcoal in color with a distinct, white blaze and many scars. We have not been able to locate her, however, we do have two of her followers in our possession: Tonka and Demetrie. Though, I believe Demetrie's loyalties may be swaying."

Given the little brat's rant in her head, she thought she had a right to assume a little. "While the threat is small, I have always been of the belief that, if not handled, the threat will grow and possibly become unmanageable." Ophelia then let out a small breath only to tense once more when Aaron's strong figure emerged from the darkness. The mare's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, though not in malice. She was disappointed. Aaron's judgement ran strong, and she did not care to hear it from a stallion who jumped from herd to herd with little thought and did not even fight for the land he blamed her for taking.

Come to pass more judgment?" She thought bitterly in her head.

"Congratulations, Aaron," she replied with a genuine smile. She was glad that he was happy, but she was not quite ready to be friends and incur his wrath.

[[OOC:
- I didn't mention Mirage's twinsies so that Thor's post would not be out of sync.
- All italicized dialogue is being spoken in their minds, so they hear her thoughts and that one shout from Tinek in their heads. Yay magic plot! ]]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Circe Posts: 101
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
M.E.
Circe

Once more, Circe continued to travel with the Pale Lady, making their way to the eastern lands where the air was humid and carried the scent of all sorts of salt and spirits. The very ground beneath their hooves was laced with pearly sand; though it was well into Orangemoon, the winds felt fair and favorable, warm on the skin and pleasurable to wind through one’s locks. Circe couldn’t help but feel rather agreeable to all of this; the weather was fine, and her Lady’s companionship was pleasurable indeed. She began to feel a sort of gentle pull towards Ophelia; while the cloak of strength and infamy beguiled respect in any eye and walk of life, Ophelia’s quiet charm and polite, if somewhat brooding, demeanor was beginning to affect the sorceress. She had seen the harshness with which the Pale Lady could act upon—but it didn’t seem to be her way. Her poise and mannerism certainly clashed with the façade of the Grey, and while Circe knew better than to be fooled by appearances alone, she couldn’t help but find some personal respect for the Chieftainess. She certainly liked to travel with her; the lady seemed to be respected or at least known wherever she placed her beige hoof; word of the Blasted Twins traveled far.

Once more, they found themselves at the edge of a herdland, waiting on the appearance of some mysterious leader to impart the message with. Circe listened as her mistress seemed to muse out loud; she paid no mind to the murmured words, missing the crucial detail of how they emanated straight from her brainpan instead of those ivory lips. The shadowmere didn’t have long to observe, anyway; she and the Pale Lady were beset by a graceful shadow and the bulk of a huge, lame-winged Pegasus, meeting their tiny entourage on the borderlands. Circe studied to two leads—they were called Weyrleaders? The shadow was a smaller mare, one of hard golden irises and calm, resolute poise; the other recalled the General Archibald in Circe’s mind, yet while her commander was a bloodthirsty brute, this one emanated a gentle disposition despite his imposing size. What an odd place here, Circe though, her tail waving behind her in a display of casual disinterest as talk began to be exchanged—

*GOLG!*

With a heavy snort, Circe’s head snapped ever straighter, her eyes brightening as she searched for the source of the noise. Her mistress explained; it was the first words of her companion, the winged, silver lizard she referred to as “Tinek”. With a slight frown, Circe listened to the Pale Lady’s words; they sounded wrong for some reason, but the sorceress could not place the detail that made them so queer.

*"Price? I suppose we are mercenaries; should I charge to aide these people? Why does that seem so wrong?"*

Circe cast an inquiring glance toward her mistress; it seemed as though she wished to speak of private matters with the shadowmere, but she was speaking much too loudly to keep it properly discrete. She watched the mare’s expression, searching for some inner meaning or direction; she was confused as she saw her mistress’s lips remain still, yet mortified as she listened to more, plainly audible and painfully personal contemplations permeate the air.

*"Tall, dark and handsome; he certainly fits the description for a mare's fantasy."*

Whoa.

What was coming over her Chieftainess today? Circe listened to that last musing with a slight pang; it was ill suited and she couldn’t figure out what made the words affect the shadowmere so strongly. Nevertheless, something was wrong with Ophelia. The normally demure and civil mare was now ejaculating such personal, embarrassing things out in the open as though her hoof were caught in the crook of her teeth. The Lady then began to give her own salutations and also impart the crucial message they had set out to spread, but Circe felt distinctly wrongfooted throughout. The tips of her ears began to get somewhat hot; it was rarely that Circe lost her composure, but this situation warranted it. When another stallion came upon the scene, the tension suddenly thickened; cordial as they may treat each other, Circe could tell that the history between Ophelia and the black and white stud was not a happy one. With another pang of awkwardness, Circe listened as her mistress once again blurt out another seemingly private train of thought:

*“Come to pass more judgment?"*

The shadowmere could bite her tongue no longer; she stepped forward, bending her muzzle toward Ophelia’s ear. “M’lady,” she said, her husky voice low and apprehensive; she didn’t quite know how to say what she needed to say—only that it needed to be said. “Are you…erm…feeling okay? Should we perhaps move on and give you a chance to clear your mind?” Perhaps it was the tension of the journey that had caused her Chieftainess to act so weirdly; the Pale Lady might be even more stressed than Circe first realized.

A flutter of activity, a loud, echoing call in her mind again, and suddenly, there was another soul present, a silver male. Swiftly did Akaith's attention snap to him, her singsong voice chortling a light tune in reply to his enthusiastic greetings. It was just as confronting all over again for the little equine mare to see the dragon so very obviously bonded with one who held a horn - but then, Mirage had surely seen stranger things in her time. The sacred bond of dragon to equine, however, was something that for so long she, and many others, had assumed was exclusive to those of equine or dragon blood - but then, she supposed it still was so. Ophelia obviously had equine blood, how else would it even be possible?

Thoughts were cast aside as the dragon lifted up off her back and took to the air, flying swiftly in the tracks of the silver, settling upon the branch he had perched himself with wings hanging slightly ajar from her shimmering bodice. The queenly dragon looked over him closely, reaching her muzzle out and testing the air both with her tongue and slitted nostrils to learn as much as she could about him. He smells not of fire. She quipped, but Mirage hardly had a chance to ponder upon Akaith's observations, for it seemed Ophelia was speaking again. The words the young leader spoke brought a shadowy quirk to Mirage's lips, her expression softened as reflections of the first time Akaith's voice had echoed in her mind were brought to the surface once more.

"So I heard.." With a bit of a quizzical look the mare uttered the words quietly, confirming that she already heard Tinek's mispronunciation as she threw a glance up to the trees above. Akaith was busy chittering away at him, the language of dragon to dragon always easier to breach than that of dragon to equine. "He is well grown, and will get better with his mind speech with time and practice." She added with a knowing curve of her lips, giving the advice freely, whispers of a passion for dragons echoing in the silence after her words. But then words were spoken again, only.. Ophelia's lips were not moving. The mare was taken so by surprise, that her guarded mask broke slightly, a single 'brow raising in interest and curiosity at this ability of Ophelia's to project her thoughts.

She guessed that the mare was not aware for the observation she made of Thor brought an amused glitter to Mirage's eye. The WeyrLeader swiftly turned her crown to meet his, reaching out with her muzzle in greeting, hoping to convey the silent, subtle message to him the situation. Then Ophelia truly began speaking, crafting her words with her lips rather than her thoughts, and she shed light on the information she held. Mirage valued knowledge, but the knowledge that the pale one spoke of was not new to her, and Mirage had another example of the Grey's 'prowess' at gaining information, with the capture of her brothers in order to keep them out of the way of the invasion - when they would not have fought anyway. If the Grey was truly so good at gathering information, surely they would have learned of the true loyalties of those they intended to fight before crippling all of them? She supposed the Grey were young still, led by mares who were children compared to her wizened years - the Qian had been playing this game much longer, with Mirage who had been playing it since birth. It was an amateur mistake, but one everyone was prone to.

The tension rose considerably as Aaron arrived, and the mare's thoughts once again spoke for her. Mirage shot the painted steed a sharp glance, intended to silence whatever retort would have jumped to his lips. She trusted Aaron, despite what others would call his habit of herd shuffling - she hoped her trust was not mislaid, that he would receive her silent warning and heed to it.

"Do not bother trusting Demetrie, she is dull and unimaginative when it comes to her lies, but that makes them all the more dangerous. She has already frolicked about our lands, under the guise of a simple foal, stirring trouble, and was swiftly escorted away. The self-proclaimed Leader Ignita was recently defeated by my brothers and is taking up residence in our wooded prison." Mirage proffered the information with an even, factual tone. Hatchlings approach, Akaith's warning was all she received before two shimmering forms crept out from the mists behind them, sidling up to their mother like a feline would rub against its beloved. Their wings were folded, clamped against their sides, the silver scaled one, Semira, standing to Mirage's left, while the gold plated one, Amaris, stood to her right.

Their arrival coincided with the arrival of another unicorn, a Foothills mare, whom Mirage regarded with a slight nod and a steady gaze as she tried to address Ophelia's loose thoughts. Amaris shuffled slightly beside her, glancing up eagerly to the dragons who roosted in the trees above. The companion dragons were of great interest to the hyrbids, naturally, the foals felt like they were just as entitled to fly up there and converse with them. A curious purr sounded from Amaris as she peered up at Akaith, with Semira echoing the sound from the other side, to which the little golden queen responded with a colourful, loving shrill from her point. It was as if she were filling Tinek in on the very short life story of the twins. It was at that moment that Mirage had her idea to subtly, kindly inform the Chieftess of her affliction.

Akaith, do your best to impress upon Tinek the condition his bondmate suffers from. The dragon responded with a coo, before she turned towards the young silver and attempted to reach out with her own telepathic mind. Speaking to a fellow dragon was normally simple, for their minds ran on similar wavelengths, their ability to interpret images and feelings usually ran parallel with each other. Akaith crafted the issue as best she could in her mind, and tried to communicate it to Tinek, and tried again if at first it did not succeed. Meanwhile, Mirage smiled, a genuine, soft curve of her lips which lighted up her entire façade into something joyful, something kind and warm and affection as her gaze drifted to the daughters who stood by her sides.

"Forgive me, I have not introduced my daughters. This is Amaris, and Semira." As their names were spoken, the youthful cherubs bowed there petite craniums so that their chins bumped against their narrow chests, their shining golden eyes peering up at the gathered as they remained silent, aside from the strange purr each of them emitted earlier.

[ Um. I am sorry. It just.. kept going. ]
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
It was entertaining enough to watch as the Dragons shrilled happily at one another and for a while they provided a guise that allowed my mind to stray. However, when a disgruntled shriek filtered through my head with unimaginable force, I jumped slightly to glance around our impervious trio. I wasn’t sure whether I’d somehow contracted some momentary mental illness or if I was just the odd-man-out when it came to what was going on in Ophelia’s presence, but I was suddenly all too attentive. My eyes were wide in question and for a time I was afraid that I would have to admit that I had indeed lost my mind. However, when Ophelia stood to justify the strange outburst not only was I baffled, but I was sincerely debating whether or not I suddenly possessed a skill for telepathy. I turned a curious gaze to Mirage, hoping that my emotions were not as easily readable as they felt.

But the more I tried to make sense of it all, the more I was left feeling… well, I suppose I just felt at a loss. It was as if I were hearing Ophelia’s most private inner conversations and the thought made my cheeks heat with obvious embarrassment. However, there was little I could do to conceal the small chuckle at her thoughts regarding yours truly. I hadn’t expected her “important news” to boost my ego, but I was more than glad to receive the sentiments… even if they were not willingly shared.

However, when her lips finally began to smooth the tension between us all, I decided to turn my attentions away from the questions in my mind and once again to the information that now took the stage in spite the obvious elephant in the room. It was hard to say that I was entirely interested in hearing about the Assassins when we now held their infamous creator hostage, but Ophelia had a gentle way of speaking that made her stale information worthwhile. “Your intentions are very much appreciated, Ophelia.” I couldn’t help the impish smile that followed such threadbare words. It was hard to ignore her presence now that her most secretive thoughts and desires were suddenly being divulged to me.

But of course, I found that diversion was the best remedy for any critical situation and Aaron had somehow become mine. His cool words were enough to pique my interest momentarily and though I found myself scorning his behavior, I couldn’t help the insult to injury that followed. Ophelia’s heated words thrashed rampantly through my thoughts and before I could curse them for causing tension amongst the group, an Indigo mare stepped forth from the shadows of the Edge. She was clearly of the Foothills, but her personal attachment to Ophelia was curious to me. Her quiet voice reached out against the tension that was easily becoming thick enough to slice and prodded evenly at her lead, making sure to tread carefully to ensure a safe removal of the problem in question.

I nodded diligently to the girl, hoping that she would recognize that she was not the only one witnessing Ophelia’s literal mind-fuck but it was still hard for me to watch Mirage recede into her thoughts, warning Akaith of the Chieftess’s progressive issue. When she had effectively communicated to the little gold, I watched as Akaith purred in response to her beloved’s concern for the pale beauty whose thoughts were somehow becoming anything but her own. But as it would seem, this day wasn’t meant for more than just one surprise.

Instead it held many.

Aaron clearly had problems with Ophelia, Ophelia was losing mental control, I was fretting over how to perceive all of it and then, from the mists our rescue party emerged. The twins were a breath of much needed fresh air and I smiled at their innocence. When they moved to their mother’s side, I realized that Mirage had never looked so in her “element”. She was perfectly suited to motherhood and her children were living proof to such a testament. I dipped my face slowly to murmur softly to the two, hoping that they would find comfort in my presence. They reminded me of Essetia in every way, in spite of their unusual appearance. That’s not to say that their beauty had been compromised by the smooth scaling throughout their coat, no, it had only been enhanced. They would grow into beautiful mares like their mother, so proud and strong. And I would be there to witness it all.

OOC| I didn't want to hold you guys up and when I started typing this I had just taken my sleeping medicine. Towards the end of the post, you can tell when it kicked in. XD

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron</style>
World's Edge Glazier
And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
</style>

GOLG! Aaron winced and looked to Alanna who whined softly at the sudden intrusion of their thoughts and bond. No the voice had not been Alanna's it sounded to male to be her. Eyes turned to the clearly excited silver dragon assuming it was his voice they all heard. Another mare arrived, this time belonging to the Foothills. The paint remained quiet as Ophelia spoke of the Assassins. Bit late there. But at least they now knew the group wanted the Edge as their own. Well over his dead and decaying body would he lose another home. The Qian would not be pushed out, forced to live in the deep forest and others herds... Well really they would only be welcomed into the Dragon's Throat... But he did not even want to humor the idea. What happened next was unexpected and hurt Aaron's pride a bit. It became clear that the mind reading magic she had used pre-invasion had now turned against her and gave out every little thought she had. His ears laided back slightly as Phi thought about charging them for the information, even more as she cut into his pride with her thoughts about Thor.... But the last thought was the straw. His eyes turned black with rage, and Alanna growled loudly in pure anger. But one look from Mirage kept Aaron quiet.

In his own mind he ranted and raved to Alanna How dare she say that! Knowing that I card for her when we were children, that I only went to the Vein of the Gods with her and her sister to help them! Now she wants to act holy as one of the Gods or Goddess that oversee our homes?! Pass judgement on her.. HA! I came as the herd Glazier, not to start trouble. but if it's trouble she wants.... Well baby you got it now! Oh if only Mirage would of let me speak. The little pale princess would see. I'm sure she's judging me for not fighting for the Foothills. I didn't like it then and I still don't like it now. But my loyalty is and always will be to Mirage and the Qian... It was only Alanna leaning her head against his right leg and whining softly that made him stop. no. He was better than all this. Little miss perfect wanted to think he was going to pass judgement. Well he would prove her wrong. She and her band had only won because they got help and Mirage told the Qian to stay out.

That was when the biggest surprise of all arrived. Twin foals, with scales along their bodies. They moved to Mirage's side, rubbing against her. He smiled warmly, glad the little ebon mare he looked to as second mom, had finally become a mother by blood as well. His eyes relaxed to a chocolate, knowing that he was going to have many stallions to help beat off the many fillies running around the Edge now. Azale Moniet, Israfel, Sakura, and Takara... not to mention all the little ones he did not know yet. Hell he didn't even know the name of Mirage's new daughters. Mirage fixed that then by introducing them as Amaris and Semira. Gently he stepped closer and nosed Mirage gently. "Congratulations.... and about time you and Vikram started a family" He grinned playfully before stepping back and taking a more serious look on his face.

Alanna of the other hand was curious and moved forward to investigate the girls and others bonded creatures. She had seen Akaith before, but never really understood her as a queen. Now after seeing the was the silver dragon had reacted clearly the golden dragon was important. Because of this she wanted to know more about the scaled fillies as well. She sniffed them both, moving in and out of the legs curiously. Aaron meanwhile was trying to call his hard headed bonded back to his side mentally. He finally sighed, giving in and letting the pup explore while the others were around.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Ascended Helovian

INNOCENCE
You will never be mine

So she heard? What did that mean? From the reaction of Thor, she had a sneaking impression that she was not in control of her thoughts. Moments later, Tinek shoved his way into her mind.

"Golg is Akaiff. Akaiff says thoughts are... proje... project." The self satisfaction that came along with that statement filled her with joy, and she smiled.

"Excellent, Tinek. Tell Akaith that I said thank you."

So she was indeed projecting her thoughts, but how? Ophelia furrowed her brows, thinking about what power she possessed from the God the Sun. She had the ability to read others' minds and to erase memories. What then was happening with her being able to send her inner dialogue into the minds of others? Was something twisting her abilities? Ophelia frowned slightly and nodded to Circe when she asked if she was all right, concerned for her secrecy and privacy.

Comforting to know that Ignita was in the grasp of the Edge. At least now the herd knew that the moon's herd was in their sights to invade.

"I believe I understand now, what is happening," she said, speaking and allowing herself little time for extraneous observations. She turned to Thor, her expression apologetic. "My thoughts are not safe in my own mind. I can only assume that this has something to do with my natural ability to read minds. Perhaps the Sun God has cursed me yet again to forever have my secrets revealed." Ophelia grimaced, her heart aching as the memory of the Sun God denying her further visits to the veins echoed in her mind.

""But if you must live with your magic, you cannot live with me. This is the last time we will see each other," he declares selfishly, whipping his tail behind him and letting it sting across his muscular thighs. "

Ophelia shakes the memory as quickly as she can, the presence of the Sun God in all his glorious clarity fading into her perfect memory. Perhaps all of them got a glimpse of how she lived, remembering the smell of the salt an fire of the veins, the expression on the Sun God's face down to the crinkle around his eyes, the warmth from the blue lava, and the ache that settle as she was tossed aside.

"I apologize if I made you feel uncomfortable, Thor," she offered quietly, casting away her gaze to gather her emotions once more.

Not quickly enough and yet right on Time, Mirage's children bounced into the clearing, and Ophelia smiled softly. Tinek planted a very large question mark in her head, and she chuckled a little. "Tinek is curious as to who the father is, because they are related," she commented, able to feel her silver's confusion. "I would stay to chat longer, but I am afraid that my memories may accost your minds without my permission," she said quietly, leaning her neck down to smiled at Mirage's children.

"Congratulations on life, little ones. May you grow strong, brave and wise like your mother." She offered as a gentle offering of good will. Ophelia nodded to the group and rested her gaze finally on Aaron. "Farewell," she said.

Circe Posts: 101
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
M.E.
Circe

In her jaded, bitter state, it was rare indeed for the shadowmere to be moved by anything—her heart being so cold and frozen, there was no possibility of budging it even an inch—yet here were two of the tiniest bodies imaginable doing just that. What trickery was this? The sorceress’s eyes never left those small things, clustered as they were beside their mother, the shadow Mirage. As her steely blue gaze settled on the children of the Weyrleader, something painful did lurch within Circe, sweet in its agony and stabbing in its caress. The clench only tightened, almost unbearably, as the small daughters inclined their tiny brows in respect for their guests. It was almost too much for the shadowmere to witness; a lump began to form in her throat, making it impossible for her to swallow away the bittersweet longing she began to feel.

Until this point, Circe had never considered herself a candidate for motherhood—she never allowed herself to do so. The memory of her mother, Hera, that blasted mare—it brought too much shame and blistering anger to the forefront of the shadowmere’s mind for her to properly consider children. She herself was but a child when she was abandoned; it was as though she were stuck in the limbo of her mother’s treachery, forced to live in a world where time stood stock-still, frozen in the moment of her deepest misery. The sight of the foals proved to break that trance; with a jolt, Circe realized fully her status as mare, her obligation to the Grey as an Executioner. It finally dawned on her just how old she felt, how far she had come since her youthful joys of the hillside. The full enormity of her growth shocked her, astounded her—and in one single moment, Circe knew how much it ached her to be a mother. A beautiful, radiant ache, but an ache nonetheless.

She shoved the pain away, stuffing it deep within the back of her mind for later scrutiny, tearing her eyes away from the scaled babes and back to full attention. Damn. With a feeling of shame, Circe realized just how long she had zoned out; her lady was apologizing for her wayward thoughts, though Circe wasn’t quite aware of how her Lady came aware of that. The sight of the children had completely dominated Circe’s vision and thought, not sparing any for her liege. She snorted softly, her breath lost in the warm, salty air of the herdland. Shameful indeed.

The thick, cleavable tension in the air, the bizarre turn of events surrounding her Lady, the sight of the foals and the affection they had on the shadowmere—all of it caused Circe to grow wary of this place. It was a strange, trickery-riddled land, causing everything around them to tilt askew and tear asunder precious boundaries and pleasantries designed to keep the peace of comrades stable and sweet. When the Pale Lady announced their intention to depart, it was with a rush of gratitude on Circe’s part. The venture to the other herds proved an interesting, enlightening experience—but she was done with it. With a polite, prolonged inclination of her head toward the members of the World’s Edge, Circe wordlessly followed her liege away from such unfortunate company.

The shadowmere wanted her Foothills.

He understands.

Mirage nodded as Akaith confirmed that the young, exuberant silver had received the message, even amidst the excitement and confusion of Ophelia's thoughts and the arrival of her beloved daughters. As Ophelia speaks, Mirage feels another wave approaching, an outburst that made her break out in a sweat. The daughters by her sides seemed to sink in closer to her, like felines curling around their master's legs, ears plastered against their skulls from the vision that consumed them. Heat, fire, and glorious, burning light. The Sun God. Mirage knew this, for she had seen him before, burning her siblings and her mate, burning the very lands she stood upon now… Mirage did not hate him, but she certainly did not love him, and she did not appreciate his temper, and his past actions. He had granted her mate with his birthright of breathing fire, and she supposed he had taken some small part of granting her the same ability when her body held upon a dragon form. Even the illusionary magic that she could cloak herself with worked with his influence. So, she did not hate him, but she was confused at the feeling of dejection so clearly emanating from the pale mare before her - had Ophelia looked to him, just as she herself looks to the Moon Goddess?

Mirage was a firm believer in each to their own, but she did wonder at how such a ferocious lord had gained followers, when even in this vision, he turned them away with a brutal, unkind hand. It was not her memory to judge, however, and so she too, regathered her emotions, her façade, brushed her maw atop the polls of her daughters and met Ophelia in the eye with an understanding, kind gaze once more. Akaith was busily informing Tinek of the dragonsisters heritage, chortling as proudly as if they were her own hatchlings - and they may as well have been, with the amount of dragon stories she weaved for them.

"Their father is Vikram Dragonsson." Mirage said quietly in response, a fondness entering her gaze as she spoke of their father. To Aaron's comment she allowed a sparkle of amusement to glitter behind her golden gaze as she peered at him in silence, before turning to farewell Ophelia. "Travel safely, Ophelia ThoughtSpeaker. May leadership be kind to you." With a deep nod, the mare curved her bodice away from the gathering as those from the Foothills left, touching the two steeds who stood by her with a brief but meaningful contact of gratitude, before ushering her foals back to the shadows and mists they so easily blended in with.

[ Sorry for the wait, and the rustiness of this post. I take a couple of weeks off and I forget how to write, apparently -.- ]
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit