the Rift

[OPEN] Wanna Play? (Skysong, Open)

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
You are my idea of beautiful
"The day was like any other in the Dragon's Throat, and here I was, stuck here. I was only four months at the time, but it was something that I was far from happy about. My father had been missing for an entire season now, and it was Frostfall, but the snow never touched my jaded home. The deserts that were filled with deep oranges and reds where the heat was kept tied down, almost as if it was a rabid animal that was never to be set free. I wanted to be grown, to be able to be free, to be of use. Why was it that I felt just as tied down as the heat? I was looking out over the sand dunes, when I decided it would be best to go and play. I walked over to my mother, who was lying there in the shade even in Frostfall, and I simply asked if I could go out and play. The answer was yes, and I trotted off with only the speed a foal could have.

I went to the Dragon's Blood tree today, as I heard my mother call it once. It was a great big tree, and it was interesting enough to hold my attention, for a little while anyways. I ran around and around and around the tree, trying not to trip over the branches that grew from the ground. It was a fun game, and I imagined I was racing someone. My balance was still not that well, and I fell a couple of times, but it wasn't enough for me to seriously injure myself. I kept going for quite a while, and right now, the tree was my only friend. I was tired, and I yawned, so I went to lie down. There was a nice space in front of the tree where my tiny body could fit comfortably inside, and it was dark enough to shield my eyes from the light of the hot day inside the desert. I soon closed my eyes, falling asleep because of the warmth and darkness, just like I had been months before in my mother's womb. My last thought before sleep was how I missed it, but it didn't make sense to my normal brain. Did I really remember what it was like to be a fetus? I don't think so.

walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Skysong Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I was restless that day, and I had been left alone. Mother had gone to work on the wall, as ever, but unlike most days, she had not been able to locate Aunt Rowan to babysit. "Go find some of the other young ones," Mother had told me before departing for the day. The instructions irked me, but at least she had finally stopped calling me a foal. I was almost a year old, I liked to remind her, and so why should I be treated like a baby? To this request, she had ceded, though she still refused to allow me to wander as I would have liked.

It was to the Blood Tree that I went after that, remembering how in earlier months I had enjoyed frolicking under its branches, pretending that the roots were alive. They were monsters then, and determined to trip me; I won the game more often than not, though, and I never truly feared them. Although it was not as fun as exploring the rest of Helovia might have been, it was a place of comfort to me, one that felt of home when I felt otherwise displaced in my herdland. It was Frostfall, and chilly, though no snow fell on our lands. I had heard of snow, that frozen ivory stuff that fell from the sky and coated the land with its beauty, but I had yet to see it. One day, I promised myself. One day.

There was another by the tree when I arrived, a younger foal with a chestnut pelt with legs dipped in white. Her face, too, was decorated in ivory, and from her forehead grew a white horn. She was a pretty little thing, one that I had seen around the herd, though I don't think we'd ever been introduced. Although I had come hoping to spend some time alone and sulk, perhaps meeting another wouldn't be so bad. Maybe she would even be fun, and would help to take my mind from my irritation. "Hullo," I said in way of greeting. "I'm Skysong. What's your name?"

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Skysong
venomxbaby.deviantart.com || momotte2stocks.deviantart.com || KeriAnn-Art.deviantart.com