the Rift

[OPEN] Black Hole Sun [Lakota/Open]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

So today I found a new thing that I don't like. Its called fog. On my way out of the Steppe and down south, I found this pretty interesting path through the mountains that looked like it might just give me a nice adventure. But no! It was filled with fog and clouds that floated down into the mountain. The path was rocky and at one point I believe I cut the inside of my hoof because it hurt to put pressure on it. It took me a few minutes before it stopped hurting, and about this far along I could finally put it down on the ground and walk. See, I can save myself without the help of other.
My path kind of has a lot of annoying things to it that makes me just want to turn around head somewhere else. The only thing that kept me going was the fact that I'd seen another horse walk down this path. I didn't know where they were going or what was on the other side of this fog and down the path, but I want to see! At some point I guess I just ignored the fact that I had hurt my hoof and took off running blind through the clouds which only got thicker and thicker. I was sort of getting tired of all this at this point before the clouds blew up in my face and I found myself just out in the open with the world in front of me.
Snow has fallen here, but there is sunlight above! Somehow it feels a bit warmer here, but the sight of this place is enough to make me understand that my trek out was worth it. Grass was high here as if there weren't a lot horses to come out and graze here. It was so beautiful, why wouldn't you wish to stay out here?
Remembering the fact that I had rudely followed another horse out here, I began to look around to see where they went. Off to the distance, there was a few other horses, but all I could tell of them was that they were horses in the distance. Just weird outlines and shapes out to the distance that my young eyes are not able to focus on. I moved in further before the cut in my hoof screamed fire at me.
I guess I stepped in snow, and the cold made my body freaked. Oh, how it burned! Mom would wonder as of where it came from later on, but right now I think it might be best to find something to do about it. If I just ignored the snow....Nah. That won't work. Standing out here I probably look weird. My face was awkward enough with an expression of burning pain, but most of me looks strange. I had already been mistaken for a unicorn, but my mom doesn't have a horn. I heard someone say the words 'Hybrid' when I walked by once, and I think there were talking about me. The horn mounted on my head made me feel awkward now. It was going to get bigger, yes, but now all that reminded me it hadn't fallen off was the blue light that came off of it.
The rest of me is kind of like Dad's body. I'm amber champagne with a short and choppy mane and tail that's a sandy chocolate coloured brown. At the top of my tail is a blue circular marking that makes the base of my tail a dark blue. If you ask me, I think it's pretty and makes my tail worth while to go after sometimes. Like some dog I chased my tail once, and when I bit it finally, fell over to my side and ended up just thrashing about on my side. It was embarrassing, and lucky at that time there wasn't anyone to stop by and see me do that. I seem to sort of have a nack for embarrassing myself. But anyway my eyes match the glow of my horn, which is a pale blue with these grey flecks. Mom said it might mean that I'm kind of blind, but I can see just fine!
My hoof has finally quiting complaining. I'm scared that if I yell at it for complaining that it'll start back up and make this adventure even worse. Exploring this place is pretty fun, even though I haven't moved about it that much. Desperately I wanted to get to meet the other horses, to see if there were any foals with them that would play with me. I don't believe any of the adults would want to play with me, but my Mom hadn't ever said the infamous 'Don't talk to strangers!' thing to me. If a stranger came about and kidnapped me and killed me because I talked to them and didn't know them, well it's her fault! Its not mine. It's just called bad parenting, Mom.
Since the pain was gone and I was itching for a good playmate right now, I half-galloped, half-skipped if that's even possible, to the other side of this place. It kind of smelled good, but it was strange. Yeah, there was sunlight and it was nice to see it, but there was still snow and I hadn't gotten a playmate yet! Every good adventure has to have playing with some weird stranger I just picked up off the land. Again, there was no 'Don't talk to strangers! ' chat from Mom or Dad, and Mom seemed to always be talking to strangers, so why couldn't I? I'm not breaking any rules like I did earlier when I went into the Steppe when Mom told me not to. Opps.........
Bouncing about through the tall dead grass kind of made me notice something. This place was perfect to play hide and go seek! No matter how big you where, you could find a place within the grasses, or behind a big rock. And there were some pretty big rocks. So now I want to play hide and go seek so bad that it's almost as urgent as when you have to go to the bathroom and you almost pee yourself! Well, I'm not going to tinkle on myself because I want to play hide and go seek. I'm not around to embarrass myself every five seconds. Though I need someone to play with me, and I need one really bad right. So world, hit me with creepy strangers I don't know who'll promise to play hide and go seek with me!

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits