the Rift

[OPEN] Catch a falling star (Elope)

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

Little flakes of snow trickled down around me, I walked quietly and slowly through a small glade. Puffs of mist escaped my nostrils and clung to the tips of my cold, wet nose. Velcro like frost attached to my ebony hooves like a bee gathering nectar. I had to pause ever so often and shake them off; luckily, my trail wasn’t as slippery today as it had been during the ice storm. The ground was soft and forgiving to walk upon. Momma was still sleeping, I would have been asleep had my energy not surpassed hers by leaps and bounds. As an inquisitive child, it was the desire to get up and explore that set my body scampering away into the darkness. I had stuck off. Again. Not far of course. Mother was near, she always was; because I happened to be rather small, and small people couldn’t get very far for any length of time.

My little violet legs no longer wobbled as they held my weight up. Delicate cranium lifted, orbs filled with childish wonder at how many stars there were. Breathing in deeply I filled my lungs with a mouthful of Orangemoon air. Smiling gleefully I stuck out my tongue experimentally to catch the tender flakes upon it. One landed on my nose, balancing itself on the soft velvet before the heat of my body made it melt away. Giggling I made of a game of this, catching the snow and watching it melt as soon as my flesh came into contact. A bright ruby dawn approached, heavens fire ignited above me. Each crimson waves melting into hues of violet and finally gold. I looked up again, watching it rise until the rays of light peeked over the distant mountains.
credits

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
   SNÖ</style>
  & i know why everything wrong feels so right</style>

It was very rare to find Snö in a cheerful mood, but today was simply one of those days that ran backwards. The snow daughter was running, cantering, the thuds of her delicate cloven hooves muffled by the thick white snow wet and soft upon the ground. She had woken earlier than usual, when the velvet night was still dark and the horizon only just barely kissed red, the stars thick as a thicket above, almost so that the ebony was obliterated by sparkling, twinkling white. The mare ran for joy, pure and simple, with an extra bounce in her step, the snow falling onto her in a cozy winterland look, and she seemed to fly gracefully, a pale ghost in the red dawn light, weaving between the trees, and of all amazing things today- apart from the first snow of Orangemoon- she laughed.

The cold, unloving mare of frozen hearts laughed, the warm smile upon her face so utterly different from the usual cold haughtiness. It was a miracle, and nothing less of it. If only Snö knew how much more beautiful than normal this wholly different face of her made, than perhaps she would wear it more often, like the child she used to be. As of now, however? Whatever small vestige of warmth from her foalhood was normally gone from her icy eyes and glacial heart.

Snö giggled, slowing to a trot as she glimpsed another form among the trees. For a moment her heart clenched, fearful an adult had seen her chasing snowflakes like a young, carefree filly, before realizing she was looking at the youngest of all in the herd, a little darling girl who went by the name of Sielu- not that she knew it. All she saw was an indigo child with a mane and tail of hazy smoke, sparkling eyes and joy on her face. For now, she had the indistinct form of every foal, slim ribs and body, impossibly long, crazy legs- but there was something precious about her, something important to her. Was it the eyes, of silver and frosted blue? Or the glass horn, dipped in frost? For a moment, her good mood faded as she stared at the horn, the mark of Mauja found in both her and Tamlin with the frost, and then she shook off the thought. No, it was not just Mauja's trademark. After all, d'Artagnan boasted a glass horn and all of his children wore them. Perhaps this little girl was a new child from them.

"I'm Snö- who are you?" The mare asked, coming closer to her with a smile on her face. Cautiously she glanced around, and leaned a little closer. "Do you want to run with me through the snow?"

Credits

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

My mind was always at work, studying this and that. Figuring out how the world processed daily todo's. To my right a little snow hare bounded off, its fur a patchwork of brown and white. Frostfall would be here soon and its body would wear a new alabaster coat. I didn’t understand why or how, what mattered was I took notice. My environment was the perfect playground for a growing filly. Swift rabbit hops couldn’t be followed by my immature legs, but I certainly tried.

After having made only ten or so paces forward, the hare had vanished from sight. Leaving me to frown at the spot it had just been, one day, I thought. I wanted to be just as fast as a hare one day. Something shifted among the tall timbers. My head cranes around, ears pointed toward the direction of soft shuffling. Hoofbeats that were unrecognizable to me, though it wasn’t surprising. Mother kept us mostly to ourselves, not drawing unnecessary attention. Unfortunately for her, my physical body drew unwanted eyes.

I was blissfully unaware of strife that could possible form from this meeting. A woman emerged, young of face. Tall and lean, beautiful to look at. Somehow, she reminded me of the little snowflakes that fell around us. The beam she wore was met in kind as I turned respectfully to meet a set of eyes that happened to be warm from having just frolicked around as I had.

The lady approached and I didn’t flinch, fear wasn’t part of a daily routine when thrust with family and friends. “I’m Snö- who are you?” Just like all the others, the white temptress spoke with her lips; not her mind. This was no longer frustrating to me, it was merely another fact of life. Apparently I was alone in the ability to communicate. My head rose, meeting her gaze with unflinching kindness born from a pure heart; gently tiny fingers reached out mentally. Though physically I remained still as stone, my tendrils of power stretched to softly touch the frontal lobe of her being. “Snö….beeu-tiff-ful….”

My spirit stumbles of saying the word, it comes out as a toddler might say in the attempt. Quietly I whisper through our bond, “I’m Sielu.” Practice had made perfect the ability to at the very least say my title without falter, I’m rather proud of this and it shows through the bond.

"Do you want to run with me through the snow?".

Words don’t answer the glee I feel. This one wanted to play! “Yes.” Kicking forward I push limbs into a trot, fully extending each leg to gain ground. The little feathering smoke along my feet flash when hooves rise and then disappear again when they fall only to be hidden by snow. My hindquarters bounce behind me, the cold nipped my snout. I craned head around me, soundlessly laughing about having found this wonderful angelic creature to share an afternoon with. Could she taste the innocent childhood happiness on my lips? Could she feel it radiating through a bond that had weakened due to my concentration not being fully focused upon it?

credits

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
   SNÖ</style>
  & i know why everything wrong feels so right</style>

The snow that falls so lightly and so beautifully, [almost as beautiful as me, I think so conceitedly] and I prance slightly, so overwhelmed with an inexplicable feeling of joy. I act as a filly, so strangely; and yet I cannot stop the flood of peace that overcomes all my adultery and maturity. All I want to do is enjoy this morning, this evening, everything fallen silent by the flakes of creamy white that drift from heavens above. Even when a rabbit bursts from the underbrush, I do not spook or even attempt to kill it, but laugh at its panic, undisturbed by it.

I do not even blink as something brushes me, not physical but mental, the hands of a child. In wonder I turn my eyes to the small indigo filly, the only source of it, I am sure, for several minutes' walk. Even so, I feel a stab of zealous jealousy. It seems every foal but me has been born with magic, a fact I bitterly resent. Even though my father was blessed as was my mother, I am so resolutely ignored by the gods. They do not even favor me with a chance of power! No, in that regard I lie, for the Earth God had given me a moment to gain my own ice magic, even despite my bluntness and greed with him. I wonder why. No-one does something out of the goodness of their heart.

I shake my head briskly and send the thoughts away, for I do not want to disturb my lovely day. I wonder if Sielu, as she introduces herself, recognizes my emotions, or if she can only communicate hers. No matter! We shall both feed off each other's joy in this morning fair. "Yes child, let's run!" I answer, and so I canter lightly and slowly, keeping pace with her smaller body.

Credits