the Rift

[DROP] Abandoned Emerald [Green Dragon Drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Fairies: normally invisible, magical creatures hovered around the strange orb they found in a fall nest in the forest. It must not have hatched when it should have and was abandoned by the rest of the family. A mossy bed cushioned its fall and the roots of a tree protected it from predators, making it blend with the environment. However, the fairies knew this forest better than anyone else; they knew what something was not right. Three of them knelt by the green egg, little hands rubbing over its side, pressing their ears to the tough membrane. Movement. What was inside was still alive, but it would need help once it hatched. They were not equipped to deal with a creature that could potentially roast them or rot them out. The egg needed a protector.

After a few days' deliberation, the fairies used their magic to appear visible, like tiny little two legged figures with a myriad of wing designs. Gold dust tumbled from their bodies into the air and then disappeared like sparks from a flame. Two of them sat on the egg and kindled a fire the size of a horse's eye to keep it warm, and the rest lined the roots of the tree, waiting for a stranger to pass by, urged by fate.

How would they choose the protector of this egg? How would they look into the heart without dissecting the poor creature? Tasks. A few tasks must be done to display bravery, intellect and strength. Perhaps also alternative tasks for the meek? Tasks for the gentle, nurturing and protective? Or, tasks that allowed them to show their best qualities? The forest had much to be done... Many did not think about the maintenance forests required to keep safe, healthy and comfortable, especially when the leaves were falling and leaving the trees bare.

Let them come. Let them prove their hearts and earn the egg, the egg who may not survive without a stronger creature with whom to bind its heart.

This is a special companion drop for a green, common dragon.

The rules to win:
- must be an equine or equine hybrid
- must have a dragon on the wish list for 1 month(its okay if you dont have green as the color)
- must participate in the thread
- must not have another companion unless you have the 2 companion bond prize
- must post within the 96 hours opening limit
- dopplegangers cannot win the prize, but they can participate

The rules to participate:
- must post within the 96 hours opening limit
- must participate in the thread
- if a non-equine species wins, the egg 'disappears'
- dopplegangers cannot win the prize, but they can participate

This is a hybrid dice roll and task oriented drop, just like traditional drops.

Opens now and closes on 4/17/13.

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Sakura</style>
World's Edge Filly
</style>

Fate indeed urged the cremello filly out of her home once again. The first time it had been out with her brother to the Endless Blue, this time it was a rare exploration to the Deep Forest. Aaron had told her that many members of the Qian had called the forest home before the Edge was home. The filly did not fully understand this, but wanted to see the forest anyway. The trip had been fairly boring, but something kept pulling her to go faster. The farther from home and closer to the forest she got the stronger the urge was. She picked up her pace to a trot and then a easy canter. Still she felt the urge to move faster. What is going on? She shifted once again to a gallop, trying to cover the ground faster.

At long last she made it, get gait slowing back to a walk. Light green eyes searched for anything unusual. It did not take long for her to find what she was looking for. Sparkling gold falling in the air.... what was this? Curiously she stepped forward. Then she saw it... A green egg nestled just below where the golden sparkles were. Even the golden sparkles were now explained. Tiny creatures seemed to be trying to take care of the egg. could it possibly be a dragon egg? Oh wouldn't her family be so proud if she bonded with a dragon like her daddy! Would she be able to prove herself worthy to the ones who protected the egg? Surely there would be a test or task to prove she could handle the egg. Her voice sounding like a sweet melody Sakura spoke. "Whatever you wish of me, I will do it to earn the honor to protect the baby in the egg."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
WILL YOU RISE ABOVE THE PAIN
OR WILL YOU SIMPLY COME UNDONE?

Since my rise to the title of Wingleader, my mind had been running amuck with a million different thoughts. In the matter of one announcement, I was suddenly handed a silver platter of tasks to complete, and the time given to me never seemed like it was long enough. I had lengthened my daily patrols around the borders of the World's Edge, for ever since talk of multiple threats towards the land, I had been plagued with terrible thoughts of an entire army barging in when we least expected it. It was my duty to serve and protect, and while I didn't mind it in the least, it did eat up more hours in the day.

On the other hand, there were still the constant struggles happening within my own, personal family. Tor had returned to us unharmed, thank the Gods, but it was impossibly difficult for myself and my children to welcome her back with arms wide open, as if she had never left to begin with. It was always a tender subject around the twins, so I often found myself avoiding the situation altogether, though I knew deep down that that was not the proper way to handle the situation. I needed to speak privately with the pale maiden whom had managed to steal my heart away so quickly, and find the answers to my never-ending agony of why.

Of course, there was also the matter of the quest gifted to me by the God of the Sun. It was quickly proving itself to be quite the daunting task, as I had honestly not expected it to take so long; but I would not hastily rush into it just to get it over with. My request was one that I held very near and dear to my heart, and the journey given to me needed to be cherished.

Exhaling a gentle breath, I paused in my walking, turning my head to gaze just south of the Edge's borders. It was a quiet day, a peaceful day where the wind tousled my mane playfully, as if enticing me to turn and run with it. Call me a fool, but the idea of simply thundering across my home sounded delightful; humble as I was, I still knew how to treat myself every once in a while. But before I could give in to the tempting of the wind, a figure in the distance caught my eye, causing my muscles to tense briefly, eyes trying desperately to place a name on the retreating form. They were small from what he could see, much too young to be wandering away from home and to who knew where by themselves. A feeling of anxiety washed over me at that instant, and I knew that I must follow her. Even if I did not directly know the filly nor her parents, it was my duty to protect, especially when it came to the innocent life of a youth.

Picking up my pace, I followed the youngster at a distance, torn as to whether or not I should reprimand her and send her home, or if I should merely act a babysitter and assure her safety as she explored. In the end, I decided on the latter, although my resolve nearly broke as we grew further and further away from the protection of the World's Edge. Open spaces slowly became thickened with trees of yellow and orange, some of which had already begun to drop their leaves. Autumn had always been my favorite season, and as beautiful as the edge of the Deep Forest was, I knew very well the dangers that could lurk within. With a tingle of fear in my chest, I lengthened my trot and began to close the gap between myself and the filly, whom I could now recall seeing at the most recent of herd meetings.

As soon as I entered the thickest part of the forest, the strangest of feelings welled inside of me. I was unsure what it was, but it reminded me of a similar feeling I often gained as I charged into battle in Valhea. It was a mixture of unbridled excitement and unrestrained courage, with an underlying of fear. My body shuddered as I continued on, and I gave a great shake of my head to try and rid myself of the strange feeling. Was I finally going crazy? Surely not, for as hard as it was at times, I was still sound of mind.

A flicker of pale hide ahead of me snaps me from my musings, and I quickly move in to close the gap between myself and the filly, hoping that I did not startle her in my approach. I slowed before I was upon her, and extended a velveteen muzzle towards her as I spoke. "The Deep Forest is no place for a filly," I say, my words warm in hope that I didn't upset the youth. "What is your name, child? I am Destrier." I pine to say more, but the sudden twinkling of gold catches my peripherals, drawing my attention to the enigma that is set out before us.

Bran had often spent nights in the stable, more often when he was upset than any other time. Every time he would have a book tucked beneath his arm, and not a time went by where he would not open it and read aloud. While I didn't always understand the context of his words or the things he was talking about, the stories had intrigued me nonetheless. When I laid eyes upon the small, humanoid figures before us, my mind instantly conjured one word; 'fairies'. They were magical beings, told to be only of myth and nothing more. I supposed I should not be so surprised at seeing such creatures, however, for I had not previously believed elemental magic existed until my arrival here.

The fairies seemed to have their focus upon something, something hidden from him until he dropped his head for closer inspection. Ah, an egg! It was a brilliant green hue, and judging by the expressions upon the faces of these fairies, something was not right. A pang of worry fluttered through my chest, and my chocolate eyes turned softer as well as my voice. "You are... fairies, yes?" I asked, genuinely curious as to whether my knowledge was correct or not, before I continue. "What has happened here? Perhaps my young friend and I can be of assistance." A smile pulls at my lips as the words slip out, for while I have no prior experience in anything of this sort, I was always up for helping those in need.

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn
Nayati

the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

When carmine irises had first greeted the rising sun that morning, something had felt wrong inside her stomach. For as long as she could, the frail princess ignored it. Perhaps it was simply hunger? Something she had eaten? But no, it was more than that, and the answer came to her less than an hour later. Some sort of pull was in her, urging her to a place she was unaware of. Gaze flickered down to her hooves, surrounded by a slowly growing sea of blossoms. This was something she knew. Magic had never been extremely prevalent in her life, but since she had been blessed with her own Nayati had started to realize the difference inside her. Sighing, the crimson orbs were covered with long obsidian lashes and pale lids. Focusing, she let her body guide her with the tug leading her wherever it desired. Curiosity was still strong in her young body, despite how far she had matured. For two long seasons she had cared for herself, grown stronger. It was not easy for a filly her age to survive on their own, but Nayati had refused to give up. Life was simply too precious, and whining or begging the gods would get you nowhere.

The Foothills lay close to the towering, ominous surrounding of the Woods to the South-East. Shadowy branches towered high into the sky, and soft eery sounds made others hesitate before adventuring into its depths. Nayati did not fear these woods, but she respected their power. Into their lands she went, a pale ghost in a dark washed world with a bread crumb trail of blossoms left behind. A banner of long snowy locks brush lovingly over the soil, a flash of innocence that seems to hail beauty as flowers bloom praisingly behind her. Within her hairs they tumble, an array of colors in her pale threads that bring attention to the vibrant carmine of her eyes. Wherever she goes, she follows this invisible glittering trail inside of her soul. Something tugs at her, and that something is soon discovered not through her own devices but through two others gathered around what is clearly the source. One is a filly around her age, and the other a male that seems concerned for her. Nayati may have had the ability to feel jealous, but she did not. Long ago she had accepted that if you did not stand on your own hooves, nobody else could carry you through life forever. Innocence was beautiful, something to be treasured. Nayati had to remind herself often that she was still just a foal, but she never let that get in the way of what she learned. Wisdom and innocence could walk hand in hand, though the balance often had to be watched and corrected for the best results.

Moving silently beside them, the tug lessens. Gaze settles on an egg, carefully tended by tiny creatures she actually recognizes. Mother had hated them, but in her land, magic only existed in these little faes. Though they looked slightly different, Nayati could not hold it against them. After all, they lived in a different land than she had. It is then she hears the filly speak, and disapproving crimson eyes turn to her form. Soft voice rings out, sweet as the fleurs that bloom behind her. "Those who merely ask do not always receive. Any creature of darkness could merely promise to look over such an innocent life, and these fairies may be none the wiser. Promises are broken easily, child. Let them decide, they are clearly the current protectors of this creature." Was she foolish to call the girl by 'child'? Perhaps. But Nayati felt far older than her ten months, and maturity often disregarded age anyways.

Moving closer to the egg, she bowed her head to the fairies. "I do not wish to harm it, merely allow my flowers to surround it. This forest is dark and depressing, even a touch of life may aid it in its hatching regardless of its consciousness to them." With the lessened distance her blossoms did just this, surrounding the egg in a sea of color. Satisfied, she stepped back once more with a nod of thanks to the small creatures. Nayati felt rather nostalgic looking upon them, for they reminded her of a time when she was unhappy and fearful. But, they also had been her only company in her old home. Were the fairies in Helovia the same as in her homeland? Bloody eyes turned towards the egg once more, tossing crown to remove the veil of white that obstructed her vision. Though she had told the nameless filly that the creature needed to be protected, Nayati didn't know if she could amount to that. Would she be able to care for it? Would it even desire to be bonded to her, or would it simply be a magical creature born with no ability to connect with an equine? Nevertheless, Nayati stood quietly beside it, watching the fairies and the egg. When the decision came, she would be happy for whomever it chose. "Nobody deserves to be alone, little one," she whispered into the air, eyes sad with her own memories of abandonment. Perhaps she wasn't the best guardian for the innocent babe within the egg. After all, two lonely souls didn't always sing the same tune.

image credits
table by whit

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Helovian Ancient

The intelligent, humanoid creatures in clothes of greenery, leaves and cloth looked among each other as three rose in desire of the egg. Three honorable souls of noble hearts and good intentions. Three beautiful individuals with stunning life and beautiful minds. How were they to choose the protector? Such a task! There was no easy to reply to the options that came to them now, and as such, they fairies inspected each very closely. They flew around the heads and bodies of the three equines, pulling at manes, looking in hears and finally huffing all in unison.

"Well it is obvious we cannot literally 'see' into their minds," one said with a brief glance of disdain toward Destrier, for no reason in particular.

"Did you expect them to be made of glass? They are real too. Just... giants."

"Well, no but... - "

"Hush!" A leader obviously said. She was crowned with jasmine and thistle around a brunette brow, and clear, blue eyes gazed evenly at the trio. A smile crossed her ruby lips, and she sat on a lower hanging tree branch, meeting them eye to eye.

"The God of the Earth protects these forests, but he is away, dealing with matters beyond all of us," she said quietly, her accent soft and gentle. "We need creatures strong than us to take up the mantle of the forest and take care of things that we are unable to do." She looked earnestly into each of their faces. "I will give each of you a task; how you do the task is entirely up to you."

Then, she listened to the words of Nayati, nodding solemnly. "Indeed what the pale, spotted mare says is true. Many with ill intentions walk these forests, masked with kindness that does not allow us insight into their hearts. Not often does such a prize come under our protection, but we cannot keep a dragon. We are not made to bond with such creatures, and in order for it to survive, it will require a bond. Nature is both lovely, true and cruel. The egg did not hatch in Birdsong with its brethren, and the parents awaited through Tallsun with no avail. I believe this beauty to be a late bloomer, but none remain to care for it in its infancy."

When beautiful flowers made a nest for the egg, the fairy smiled. "Thank you. Now, for your tasks."

The fairy looked to Destrier. "Spiders of large size have taken over a part of the forest that they are not supposed to inhabit. They are intelligent creatures, cunning, but not always honest. In spirit, they are warrior spies, shadows with a readied blade. You are tasked with how to handle these spiders."

Then, she looked to Sakura. "Child. Some plants thrive in places they do not belong and starve those which do. A pretty, thick vine winds around the trees with a large, pink fruit. You must find a way to rid the trees of these persistent vines, but be wary of the fruit; you may find yourself uselessly giggling if you ingest the tempting morsel. "

Finally, the fairy looked to Nayati. "And you, dear. A blight has begun to rot some of the trees from an excess of water. You can see the way the bark falls off and a green mold has begun to grow. Sunlight can aide in burning away the blight, but the limbs to do often allow the sun to shine through. Find a way to allow sunlight onto the trees and then find a way to carefully scrape off the blight. We can only hope that this helps."

Destrier, you can reply as if a small group of large spiders (5-8 spiders of roughly knee height) has gathered around a pool of water where scared fish are cowering. An RE will reply with a response from the spiders, depending on what you choose to do.

Sakura, the vines can be found on trees. Write a clever way Sakura is able to get rid of the prickly, funny fruit vines. They are thick!

Natayi, many things can reflect light. In the area is the remainder of a shard of glass and a small bucket that holds water with a rope handle, easy enough for a horse to carry. Use them wisely!

This will close in 72 hours.

Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

Almost as soon as the words leave my lips, I catch the telltale sounds of another approaching our group. It is yet another youngster, close to a year if I had to guess, obviously older than the little filly Sakura at my side. Her speckled pelt is a coloration I have only seen once or twice in my lifetime, and I could not help but inwardly admire it. When the filly spoke, I was surprised at what slipped from her mouth; she seemed to speak with the wisdom of an adult, somebody far beyond the years she surely had yet to witness. She was right in her statements, however, and with a flash of a smile in her direction, I dropped my head once more to shift my attention back upon our tiny, winged company and the prize they guarded.

Concern crosses my eyes as I tune in to the woes of the fairies. I had been tasked with protecting a land throughout my life, most recently the World's Edge, but I could not imagine keeping tabs on an entire forest, especially one as grand and wide as Helovia's. In my short time here, I had already witnessed many a great things, and heard even more riveting tales. I could not imagine the perils that this land faced on a daily basis, but I would not turn away from the plight of these creatures and their home.

They speak again before myself or either of the fillies can speak, and with a keen ear I listen, absorbing every word spoken. A task was to be given to each, and I instantly could not help but worry for the children's sake, what they might be. I knew not of the spotted child's life experiences nor what she was capable of, or even where she had come from. Sakura, however, was barely a season old, and without her parents present, it was my duty to uphold her safety and return her home. The fairies directed their attention upon me first, speaking of a rouge group of spiders. Curiosity strikes me, for I had never seen spiders larger than the palm of a human hand. Surely they couldn't be so bad? Then again, this was a land full of mysticism, and I knew I shouldn't anticipate anything to be so easy.

Then, Sakura is handed her own task. It doesn't sound quite as dangerous as what it could have been, and hardly noticing it, I send the fairies a grateful smile. Lastly, the spotted filly is told to shed light upon the rotting trees of the forest. A perplexed look crosses my face as even I am unsure how I would tackle such a thing, but I have confidence that the wise filly will find a way to come out victorious.

"I will take care of these spiders," I speak, before turning my attention to the pale figure of Sakura and dropping the height of my head to match her own. "You be safe, alright? And good luck." With that, I press my muzzle gently into her crest, as if trying to extend my courage and strength into her before I pull away. My eyes settle on the other filly for a moment, and although I do not know her, I do not wish her ill in her journey. "I wish you just as well," I say with the flash of a smile before I finally turn, and start into the depths of the forest.

I am not entirely sure where to start my journey or where exactly these spiders are, so for some time, I feel as though I am wandering aimlessly. With sharp eyes I scan the thick of the forest, ears flickering at every noise as I check every nook that I gaze upon, but it is to no avail. Eventually, though, it seemed the Gods above had had their fun and finally lent me a break. Up ahead, I catch the scent of what can only be water, but there is something strange about it. With caution I press on, my steps careful as I close the distance between myself and the body of water.

As I near my target, my eyes gazed upon the most startling thing of all. When the fairies had spoke of large spiders, I had not thought of anything to this magnitude. Ahead of me, standing at the edge of the water, were a group of six spiders. They were of epic proportions, and if I were closer, I was certain they would come to my knee in height. I was unsure what exactly they were doing, but through the clear water, I could see the outline of a school of fish cowering as far as was possible. A part of me wanted to shudder, but I was not afraid; I had faced enemies bearing steel and hatred, wanting to shed the blood of me and my brethren. I had learned that not all were as they seemed, in the instance of Osiris and his canine family some time ago in these very woods. So, taking a deep breath, I emerge with a confident step, breaking my cover.

"We all must eat," I speak up, drawing to a stop just yards away from the closest arachnid, "But is this really fair? They cannot do anything for themselves." Already, I half expect them to turn and come after me, for I am better off than the defenseless fish who have nowhere to run. I can only hope I won't be finding myself in a similar predicament. Exhaling a breath, I speak again, my tone kind yet holding a firm underlay. "I'm afraid I must ask you to leave; I am told that you are not allowed in this part of the forest."

Credits

Outcast
Nayati

Both hold scents of a land she knows, one that makes her heart ache to remember and even think of. Never has she been there, and so you may question why this hurts her so. Does she know the name of this land? That is yet again another no. What she does know is that this herd has taken the most important person in her life away from her. Offered a motherly figure a place to stay when she could not even remember the child in her care. That scent had clung to her when Nayati had seen her last, and though it was the only tie she had of where Romani may be, the youth was still far too scared to contemplate going after her. Gaze touched her form, a sensation that was more instinctual than anything. Her own carmine irises flickered to the one who watched her. Large of stature, dark in hue, with kind eyes that were far too familiar. Did she know him? Of course not, but the gentle softness was too much for her to bear. Where had kindness been when she had cared for herself for most of her young life? When the long black scar had first touched her hide? When she had been bleeding out in the snow of the Threshold, or crying of loneliness in the wilds after being abandoned by everyone she loved? Even so, she couldn't be a bitter person. Her soul was too pure, too wise. With a soft sigh she focused on the little fae, watching them with nostalgia. Oh how she had missed them, the little intelligent creatures that had practically raised her. Of course they were not quite the same, but it was enough for her to desire to see them again someday. Though, she wasn't sure if these fairies were as kind as the ones she had lived with.

Despite focusing on their words, her eyes found the egg most often of all. Was she curious? Of course, she had never truly met a dragon except in passing. What truly interested her about the innocent life inside was that it, too, had been abandoned. Though she held no qualms with the stallion that had clearly come in aid of the young girl, said fae seemed rather hasty in her decision to care for such a young life when she was still hardly old enough to be away from her mother's side. In the end, however, Nayati was not in any position to judge her. Instead, she focused on the sad tale of the forest that the little folk spoke of. The leader, a beautiful woman with clear sapphire eyes, was the one to decide how they would proceed. Hearing that this sad little land was under the reign of her Patron, and yet suffering, made her even more determined to help. The Earth Lord had gifted her with her blossoms, and somehow that had helped change her. Her loyalty had been with him ever since. So focused was she that an uncomfortable flush took up the mantle of her cheeks when the fae declared her correct. She had not meant for her words to be taken seriously, because why would they listen to an outcast when the two of them were clearly herdmates?

With the task laid upon her shoulders, the young gal nodded her head understandingly to the little creatures and turned in the direction they pointed her towards. Words touched her audits but they were clearly not meant for her, until curiously the end. Flicking her eyes up to him, shifting her mane so that the flower growing in it would not block her view, she studied him for a few moments. Then, a small smile quirked her lips and she bowed her head momentarily to him. "May luck go with you as well, kind sir. And may it rest within your breast as well, young one." Dark rose gaze moved over to the other filly, and then she turned and began to walk off towards her task. Pale locks trailed behind her, as if wishing to become a part of the forest itself, and she left their company quietly.

It was only when she found the poor overwatered trees that she knew she must begin. During her travel she had been musing over the best course to fixing this, and was at a slight loss. However someone must be smiling down on her, for two items lay within easy sight upon the dark coils of grass. Stepping closer she lowered her dark muzzle to the shard first. It was not large as in the size of a mirror, but a decent enough chunk that she could carry it- with some difficulty due to the smooth nature of it- in her teeth. Gaze then moved over to the bucket from the lowered status of her crown, and lifted it to inspect this as well. Wood, clearly, with a rope handle that thankfully would be easier to handle in her jaws than the shard. Humming softly as she thought this over, she stood back and looked them over as a whole. From what she knew of the forest from the last time she had heart-brokenly wandered into it, there was a lake with eerie crimson stones somewhere nearby. Though she had salted them with her tears at the time, it would come in handy today. Reluctant to leave the shard behind, where a wandering bird with a fancy for shiny things may snatch it up, she first moved it to a small niche where she could return and find it.

Moving back to the bucket she took it within her jaws and began her trek to the pool she remembered. The pine that stood as a solitary guard was her first sign that she had found the correct path, and soon enough the clear pond was within view. It was possibly ironic that she was using water to fix the overwatered trees, but she needed as much reflection as she could get. Water, despite being colorlessly clear, was a great reflector even when choppy. Shrugging to herself, unable to think of another option, she lowered her slightly tired jaws and with a bit of tricky maneuvering managed to scoop water into the bucket. It was strange to bend her head in such a way, and she ended up scooping up quite a few of the bloody stones along the way. Finding that maybe this was not such a bad thing, she dragged it heavily along the bottom to collect as many as possible. If dirt came into the bucket with them, it would settle on the bottom once the bucket was in place. Would the stones help reflect the light? Nayati wasn't sure, but she had to at least try. Lifting her head with a soft grunt, she began to follow the path back to the suffering trees. It was with a noticeably slower gait, but she was short of limb anyways and the added weight of the water and stones inside the bucket was not easy on her smooth teeth meant for cropping grass.

By the time she had returned, her jaw was sore and she was tired. Rest seemed a wonderful prospect, but she could not. Work was still to be done. Deciding not to move the bucket into her desired position just yet, she began with the idea she'd had previously. Water was not absorbed through the tips of the trees as much as it was the roots, which were buried beneath the soil. And what kept the soil from being touched by the sun and dried? Leaves, broken branches, and debris. These things gathered water, and the sun had to first dry out these items before it could even reach the still-drenched soil. So Nayati began to toil, scraping with her sturdy if thin forelegs. Pale hooves were dirtied until nearly blackened, but the femme had no care for beauty and appearance. Branches where slowly hauled away. Leaves pushed aside by small hooves. Once she had cleared as much as she could from the multiple trees wilting around her, she huffed softly and stood staring at the two objects once again. Rest again called to her, but she angrily bit it back. She would not let this forest suffer simply because her Patron Lord was dealing with more serious matters. If she had to work night and day until his return, she would. He had given her more than she had ever desired, and she would not let his work go to waste.

Briefly, she worried over the egg. When would it hatch? Would the spiders they had spoken of try and attack it, if they got past the kind warrior she had met? Knowing she could not abandon the task the fae had given her, she picked up the shard and began the next step of her plan. Once she was done, perhaps she could help the others. Was that allowed? Idly she thought these things as she found the largest spot of light she could. Now, Nayati was far from a tall individual, and certainly no tree-climber. Her plan required a bit of stretching, one that may end in a few bumps and bruises. Laughing softly to herself around aching jaws and the parcel held in them, she picked out the branch she wanted and set to work. Rearing up, she placed her hooves as high as she could upon the tree and hooked one leg over the lowest branch available. Of course she wobbled and fell right back to the ground with a huff, nearly snapping the glass with her jaws. Undeterred she started again, until at last she had managed to heave herself up as high as she could. Don't be fooled, she wasn't climbing in the least, merely using her leg upon the branch to help pull herself up while she jumped and pressed against the trunk. It scraped bark against her tender underside, but the glass was at last placed in the perfect crook of a branch overhead. Set at an angle to catch the sun, she had moved it to reflect the light towards the ground the best she could without it simply falling over flat.

Thud.

Okay, well that was one way to get back to the ground.

Groaning softly and laughing, she stood on tired legs and shook herself. Nearly done, she encouraged herself. Back to the bucket. With it in her possession once more, she heaved it back to the spot where she had placed the shard. Knowing it would be of no use under the same tree, for the light was being reflected across from the shard, Nayati followed the trail of flickers she could discern from the natural lighting with the bucket held in jaws that were determined to fall off as a punishment for their toil. It took a few tries of setting the bucket in an area she had thought correct, only to have to move it again as she was proved wrong. When the light finally caught the water, she realized that there was a problem. The lip of the bucket was hiding quite a lot of the water, therefore reducing the full abilities. Huffing over the fact she had not thought of this earlier, she went in search of a single rock. It would probably be fine to just take one from the bucket, but she didn't want to drown herself either. Instead of using her teeth once she had found one with a decently flat side- seriously, her jaw was going to unhinge if she kept putting it through this- she rolled it back to the bucket.

Okay, now for some more tricky maneuvering.

If she tipped the bucket, she'd be so frustrated she didn't even want to imagine it. No way was she carrying that heavy ass thing again. Looks like she was using her teeth after all. Gripping the closest edge of the bucket with her teeth, she slowly tipped it the best she could without the water trickling out. Balancing on three legs was difficult with how her neck was positioned, but she managed to push the rock beneath the bucket. The flat side was upright, and she pressed it down as well as she was able to make sure it would not be too much of a tilt. Setting the bucket down again, she let her face stretch in a small smile of satisfaction. Was it a permanent solution? No. Would it even work? Well, who knew?

Ah, but what if animals knocked over the bucket?

Groaning she nearly flopped onto the ground and cried in frustration. Did she regret taking on this task? Of course not! But she was also not one to give up, and so even taking a small break made her feel as if she was doing just that. But what could she use? Natural barriers wouldn't work, considering she would just be bringing back more debris that she had already worked to clear away. That would equal more held water, which was completely counter productive. More rocks? No, creatures such as deer lived in this forest and would completely disregard the tiny barrier. Was there anything she could actually do? Instantaneously she thinks of the fruits the fairies had warned Sakura of. ...but be wary of the fruit; you may find yourself uselessly giggling if you ingest the tempting morsel. " Fruits such as that were usually well-known by animals with baser instincts as ones not to be ingested. If she crushed a few of them and created a type of ring around the bucket, would the smell and color ward off the majority of the creatures?

But...was she allowed to do that? It was Sakura's task after all, and she was still unsure if she was allowed to help. So instead she made her way back to the fairies, wishing to fold her legs and rest with them but knowing she must ask this one thing. "It is not help I seek, merely an answer. Should it be one in the negative, then my task is complete to the best of my own independent abilities. Should it be one with a positive persuasion, all I require are a few fruits that I believe Sakura is tangled with. I can acquire them myself, I merely wish to use it as a deterrent for any wandering animals that may wish to knock over my creation. If not, then will you allow me to rest with you and the child while we await the other two? I shall lay at a distance if you wish, though I admit that I am not much of a conversationalist with other creatures, even those of your caliber." Cordial and kind she phrased this, not daring to ask for the fae to help her when she was fully capable. This was her task after all, if she asked (not that it was in her nature if she could do it herself) then she would give them the impression that she was lazy and unmotivated. This was the last step of her journey, and should they tell her not to interfere with Sakura's fruits then she would allow them to judge her on what she had done with what she had available. You could never be too careful with fairies, especially since Nayati had no idea how many similarities they held with the ones that had kept her company as a foal.

::ooc- I wasn't sure if I could send Nayati to retrieve a few of the fruits, and didn't get an answer back in the cbox -slaps wifi repeatedly for not allowing skype to work- so I just had her ask the fairies in lieu of asking an admin? ^^; If she's told no, then she's just going to lay down and rest.

image credits
table by whit

where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Helovian Ancient

The fairies were disappointed in Sakura, that she would abandon her task. They spoke among themselves and then went to work trying to complete what had been her task. However, the fruits were large and often perilous for the little humanoids.

Curiously though, then moved to watch the other two go about their tasks.

DESTRIER

The spiders looked up when a dark horse appeared before them, and one hissed in irritation. A few more went back to fishing, lashing their legs into the water to spear the silver creatures onto pointy feet. Eventually, the leader of the group turned to face its multiple, charcoal eyes at the stallion, clicking its poisonous pincers.

"The fairiesss told you as much," he said, his voice as slimy and slippery as silk. "We are hundredsss of years old and have chosssen this forest as our home for a long time. I believe we should not be cassst out because a othersss found our nature... distasssteeful..." He muttered.

Another spider turned and blinked at the stallion and the rest followed suit. "We refussse. What now, stallion? Going to make us leave?"

NAYATI

The fairies looked up from their place and smiled. She had done well. "You may take a few of the fruits," they replied.

What the mare had rigged had done the trick. The blight was lessened on the trees and the forest nearly made a sigh of relief. Her next choice though, was perhaps a little bit more telling of her nature.

One of the fairies fluttered down. "You may await the judgement of our task, or you may aide Destrier, since his foes are many. The choice is yous."

72 hours to reply as per the usual! Since both are doing so well, I will roll a dice at the end to decide a winner, similar to the opening of the mythical drop in the Heavenly Fields. However, I do want you guys to have story resolution with the spiders!

I am going to assign Destrier to be "odd" since his first post to this drop was #3.

I am going to assign Nayati to be "even" since her first post to this drop was #4.

I will roll a 6 sided dice as soon as both of you reply.

Destrier

Casting my gaze upon the spiders, I took quick notice of the group's actions. A few simply turned a cold shoulder - did spiders even have shoulders? - and went about their task of capturing their dinner. I tried not to cringe as the fish squirmed helplessly in their last moments of life, trying desperately to free themselves so that they may live on. Exhaling an even breath, I force my eyes to find the leader of this wayward band of arachnids.

Aside from the multiple, obsidian eyes that were staring back at me, the first thing I took notice of were the spider's pincers clicking away. My knowledge on these eight legged creatures was little, but I knew some were poisonous. Was that the case for this group? I'd never known or heard of any growing quite this size, either, even if Bran had always seemed to exaggerate them to such grandeur whenever he complained of finding one in his tent...

Pushing those thoughts away, I listened with keen ears as the leader spoke, my eyes kind as I took in the words that he had to say. If this band had truly been around for so long, then was it really right to force them somewhere else? During his seven years in Vallhea, any threat against their home had resulted in a fight of steel and death, for who would readily give up their home without a fight? Yet at the same time, if the arachnids were spreading nothing but terror throughout these forests, did they not deserve it? The fairies had warned me of their dishonesty, but I couldn't simply end them where they stood without another word. I was torn to say the least, and for a moment, I wasn't entirely sure how to handle the situation at hand.

Suddenly, all of the spiders had turned on me, leaving the fish at their backs. My eyes flickered from the leader for but a second before settling upon him once more, listening as he refused to leave with his comrades. Breathing a soft sigh, I held my ground and when I spoke, it was with the same kindness I had offered when first stepping from my cover. "I do not wish to force your leave, if this has been your home for as long as you say; but I cannot simply turn and leave." A moment goes by in silence, as if allowing the group a second to process what I had said before going on. "But, perhaps we can come to some sort of agreement. If you agree to cease wreaking havoc in these forests, then I will leave, but I will assure that our promise is not broken. If you refuse or dare lie, then I have no other choice than to take corrective action for the sake of this forest."

Credits

Outcast
Nayati

Smile alights on the visage of the tiny woodland beauty, and Nayati is inclined to smile back. Oh how she has missed these kind, mysterious creatures. She knows there will be many visitations after this day, though she does not know if the fairies will reveal themselves to her once more should she attempt to see them once more. Sweetly her question was answered, and with a dip of thanks with her crown she quietly steered herself off towards where she had last seen Sakura. Though the fae was nowhere to be found, the tree was easily discovered. Curiously enough, nothing seemed to have been done to it, and the tiny girl seemed as if not to have done anything. Frowning, Nayati stood back and considered the situation. Clearly the vines could not be cut by the fairies...Nayati smiled when an idea bloomed as easily as her flowers within her mind. Snagging one of the funny fruits between her teeth- they were truly going to start a revolution against her if she kept this up- the tiny princess went back to her own area at a faster pace. Excitement and the thrill of an idea had restored some of her energy, and the light that had dimmed through focus was once again flaming brightly. Dropping the odd little fruit upon the ground behind the bucket, she raised her right forehoof and brought it down hard onto the garishly colored fruit.

Doing this a few times she slowly spread the pieces and the liquid with her hoof around the bucket of water and gems. A gaudy line was left, and the sweet stench nearly dizzied her without a drop touching her lips. But no, there was more to this plan. The moment Nayati had spied the tree Sakura had abandoned, she knew that yet another item could be used to keep away sneaky critters. Refusing to rush lest she tire herself before aiding the kind stallion, Nayati returned at a light trot and eyed the tree with glowing blood irises once more. There were thorns upon that large vine that strangled the tree just so, and pain was yet another natural deterrent. Animals hated slivers, and hated even more those that were unnatural and not meant for the ground. Bushes with thorns such as these were often carefully and diligently avoided. Also, the suffering tree angered the earthly fae, and severe disappointment flooded her breast when she realized Sakura had simply walked away. Could she feel true anger towards someone so young? No, but it still made her feel bitter if only on the tree's behalf. Too many people forgot that all aspects of life held just that- life. Even plants.

The prickly vines weren't too hard to reach, considering she was taller than Sakura, but it was getting them off that would be the challenge. Teeth? No. They hated her already, and the thorns would likely prick her and possibly inject that awful fruit into her system. Nayati valued her mind far too much to let any drug, giggle-inducing or otherwise, into her body. That left the only other weapon that she had, which were her hooves. Frowning, she adjusted her angle the best she could. Well, she'd already climbed a tree, why not jump at one too? Centering the small bit of weight she owned onto her hindquarters, Nayati lurched up into a rear as tall as her short stature could manage. Pale hooves flashed at the vine, aiming for the smaller parts. This was not her job, but perhaps taking a chunk would kill off the vine? After a few tries of this, cutting and attacking with her forelegs, it finally snapped. Panting softly, she swallowed hard and turned to the other end she would have to break to remove it. Once again she repeated the process, and by the time a decent size of the vine was off and at her hooves, sweat clung to her flanks from the constant stretch heavenwards.

Rolling the wobbly, oddly formed stump of a vine back to her spot, Nayati was thankful that the pokers were rather easy to just shove down on and snap off. After breaking a few off, she'd scatter them around the circle of the fruit, one pace away from the edge of the pink goop. It created another circle around the fruit, of which would hopefully fend of any curious noses that decided to poke around despite the scent of the fruit. Turning, her gaze caught the eyesore of the tree that she had missed. The blight had lessened drastically, but there was still more that could be scraped off. Kicking the vine away as far as she could, Nayati headed back to it and raised herself up on weakly protesting hind legs to paw and scrape at the awful thing until it fell dead and useless against the ground. It would not feed off her precious trees any longer. Somehow she had become attached to this misunderstood forest. It touched her heart, and she was saddened to know simply because it looked daunting, the towering pines were studiously avoided. Was that why it had fallen into such disrepair?

Finally she was done to the best of her ability. Had she somehow aided Sakura and the fairies by taking a chunk of that vine away? Would it even help? Sighing, she remembered that Destrier was still far from finished. How was he fairing? After all, the gentleman had wished her luck, and she in return to him. In fact, she could tell his soul was surprisingly golden. Though Nayati did not believe souls could be colored, he was pure of heart and though clearly a warrior by his build, she did not feel frightened in his presence. Little frightened her anymore, for she had learned that if you let fear control you, you would never ascend to a level in which you could be truly happy. Could he easily harm her? Of course, but that did not mean Nayati had to think of the what if's constantly.

No, the brute had been kind and even paternal in a way that made her heart ache for the father she'd never had. Though Svetlana, Romani, Abdullah, Insanity, and Resplendence had all come to her and guided her in their own feminine ways...Nayati had never known paternal love. Had hardly met any grown males in her entire life. So yes, she was curious about this dark stallion with the soft, kind words that made her chest ache with want. A want for something she could never, ever have. Was that why she desired to help him in his task? With hardly any thought, the no that came to her was rather truthful. Until Sakura had apparently left, Nayati had also intended to help the young fae with her task as well. Was she foolish to aid them in a competition such as this? Perhaps, but she also feared that the draconic creature would not be happy bonded to her. What could she give it? Her, an orphan with little male experience, who knew only how to care for herself? Who happened to be wiser than most her age? Nayati ached for a companion, because she was lonely even though she had been gruffly accepted back into the Foothills until the end of the cold seasons. Though her mind kept her busy, and her praise every morn to the Earth Lord gave her purpose to awaken every day, she desired someone who could understand her.

But that would not stop her from following the heart her path had long set before her, etched into the fabric of her being.

Nayati would not refuse to aid him simply because it might lower her chances. Her spirit would not permit her to selfishly walk away when she could offer help. So after resting her tiring body for a few precious moments, she set off to find the stallion who had smiled and breathed kind words of hope and luck into her heart. Truly, the group was not hard to find considering the tension and noise growing around them. The delicate femme stepped through the dark foliage like a wraith, shocking in colorless wonder in the backdrop of muted and saturated colors. Words touched her ears, the sibilant hiss of the spiders and the cool if firm tone of Destrier. Smoothly she approached, blossoms spreading in her wake. Thoughtfully she regarded the arachnids, humming softly to show she was intending to speak. With clear elegance she moved forward to Destrier's side and dipped her cranium to the massive, leggy creatures. Gaze flickered to Destrier's face before focusing upon the one who had spoken. Was that the leader? "I was always told as a mere babe to respect those who have seen years that I have yet to face. Should you speak truth, then you are as much a part of the woods as they are a part of you. We may be of species that are not related in any fashion, but I know the value of home." Flattery was not her best suit, and she refused to use it, so instead she spoke with a light and understanding air. Was she even truly helping?

"Calling your living distasteful is simply atrocious manners, and I hope this kind fellow said no such thing to injure your pride in any way. For, who is to regard you in a different light merely for feeding yourself?" It maybe seemed she was siding with them over the feeding of the pool, but she was not yet done speaking. When she twirled her words, they spun like the freed blossoms of her flowers, commanding attention without arrogance. Respect was a silver thread tied in every vocal, not in a hope to impress or win out, but because it was always present. "We do not ask you leave these woods, my arachnid friends. Perhaps it is presumptuous of me to call you friends, for I have never met you, so forgive me. However we do plead you leave this pool. I ask you, what will happen when the fish no longer come? When you have speared and eaten them until they develop enough to never return, or cannot breed to continue feeding you?" Ah, there was the logic. It spun its way seamlessly into her conversation, not demanding they listen to her because she didn't consider herself above the deadly creatures. After all how could she be? In her small form they were her exact height, and she was of no age to be commanding creatures away from a home they had lived in for over a hundred years.

"And then what? When the fish no longer cower and the water turns clear of nutrition for you, where will you find easy game? There are no other pools I am aware of, and even if there are fish that will become prey to you, the cycle shall only repeat." Never once did her gaze waver from the leader, though perhaps she swept her eyes over the group as a whole from time to time to include them. "You will hardly remember what other prey you can catch, and your stomachs will pang with want for the size of the food it used to receive easily on a daily basis. You will suffer through discomfort until you can find another food source, one that may not be as accommodating. For what if you require time to spin webs, create traps, or set up a system that will need to be tried and tested in order to capture these creatures? This takes time that your stomachs will protest against, my friends." Oh my, she was normally never such a talker. It made her feel a dull ache in her ribs, uncomfortable. Though she spoke eloquently, with a wisdom beyond her summers, Nayati did not let words fall from her lips needlessly. Words were precious, to be used only when you had thoroughly mulled them over and tasted their divine flavor on your tongue before speaking them lovingly, with an intimacy she always conversed with. "I do not know of the arachnids in these woods, namely you. Tales were spun by the fairies of my old homeland of massive spiders that created tantalizing webs of spun silver, who could catch prey that ranged from birds to hoof beasts like wild swine and young stags. Massive in size and with incredible power and wit, they were able to take down prey that few others of their species could achieve." This was a bit of a twist on the truth, but you couldn't have noticed for nothing changed on her wistful visage. Yes, the fairies had spun woven tales for her, but rarely of spiders. She had been young and delicate, abused and broken. Spiders that could easily claim her life usually scared her, and so the fae had avoided such stories. A look of slight disappointment- was it fake? And if it was, how were they to know?- crossed that soft angelic face. "Where are these majestic creatures? Where are these people of hunting, wile, and skill? Beauty in their silken creations? All I see is a group of spiders who lounge about a dying pool, refusing to use the abilities their creator blessed them with. Where is the pride of your species?" Nayati was walking a thin line, playing a dangerous game. Insulting them was counter productive, and she wished not to do such a thing. Merely show them that they could be better, that this was not a life they had to submit to.

"I believe you can find prey all throughout this forest. These fish may be easy prey but they are helpless. Are you so low as to submit to this lifestyle? You are creatures of great cunning, with poisons that cause shudders to live in my skin when I imagine them. I am disappointed to see you in such a state. Perhaps my fairies were wrong, for all I see here is laziness and a desire to bully and sit about simply because it is easier. You have not the flame I dreamed about. You have not the pride of the arachnid line I have heard of." Voice turned cold, as if she had been personally wounded by this discovery. Nayati was no actor through personality, but her words could make you feel as if every word spoken was sincere. Almost always it was, and in this case faking the disappointed icy tone was not hard. Crown slowly inclined and she watched them, as if contemplating them. Soft silken threads of pure snow and alabaster blood swayed and pooled over the shoulder and kissed the ground as she regarded them. Hard tone melted into a soft, intimate murmur. Tilting her face back to how it had been, she locked gazes with the leader and slowly met the eyes of every spider. She wanted to see into their very souls. "Friends. Please. You know I speak truth. Though the fairies ache for the fish that fear your shadows, what I have said will happen. There are far too many of you, and far too few of them. Time will not aid you with how quickly they are devoured. But this is not a life you are saddled with forever." Here, she had to truly word it the best she could if she wanted them to listen. To leave.

Sucking in a small breath, she locked her knees to make sure they did not tremble from fatigue. Weakness could not be shown, and she took as much mental strength from the presence of Destrier at her side as she possibly could. Good Gods, if she ended up dead because of this, she would curse this quest forever for making her spill more words in one moment than she had in her lifetime and getting herself killed with the rare happening. "These woods are large, far larger than the tiny world that surrounds this pool. Many of you can live alone, or you can stay together. Create a home through your silks, drive prey to your webs through chase and teamwork. Create traps in the high trees for birds. It is more work, but it will secure your livelihood more than these pitiful fish that are unable to live long enough to reproduce with how quickly you feed upon their flesh. Take pride in your work, and you will never feel insulted by any who dares to tell you your craft, your livelihood is...how did you word it, sir? Ah, yes. Distasteful. This life...looking upon you now I am disappointed. I would not feel such negative emotions if you claimed your prey in an honorable way. Should you wish, I will lend you the services of my own body to helping you find the best spots for prey, for homes. This does not need to become a battle," here she cut her eyes sharply to Destrier, not only to reprimand him for immediately reverting to offense when negotiations could be made, but also to show the spiders that she took no sides.

"This can be settled civilly. However, in order to do that, I plead that you work with us. How can we herbivores understand? I only know these things because I have long been a worshiper of the Earth. I firmly believe in my heart that my Lord would not have set you in his forests without the nutrition to supplement and sustain you. Should you desire new scenery, the Spectral Marsh is another land I believe you would find shelter and accommodations to match. However as I said, you have the strength in my body, the time in my day, and the days in my seasons to aid you. Why would I turn a nose at a bit of labor, when I am asking you to do quite the same? I bid you to turn within, reflect. Find the pride of your people and know, within, that you are better than this." Finally she settled, words quieting and echoing softly like fading reminders of her brave proposition. Would she be attacked? Could she defend herself alongside Destrier's power if they were? Had she said all she possibly could without insulting them? Nayati despised confrontation, but knew how to fight if she had to. Inside she prayed to her Lord, to the fairies, to the entire forest around her. Nayati was connected to the earth, to the world, in a way that few could understand. Tiny iridescent threads only visible to her eyes connected parts of her to every living thing, and through them she too sat like a spider in a web, plucking out tunes of love and praise through the earthen world she so adored. It moved through her bones, kept her connected to every soul- animal, material, plant- in an extremely intimate way. Doubtful that the Earth Emperor would find her special for how she viewed his realm, she did not brag or find this to be a special trait in any way.

She was simply Nayati, and that was the only thing she would ever be.

Forever.

The spiders could take her or leave her, listen or disregard her words. But Nayati would not change for them. Her soul would not blacken or warp because another told her to do so. Nayati had found her center, the calm of the eye of the hurricane, and in that cradle she softly crooned to her own spirit, keeping it alive and pure with hope and understanding. She had found paradise in a vile, imperfect world. Suffering had passed her ways more times than she could count, and yet she never lost faith. Never faltered or gave up. Never cursed the world for having played her such awful cards of charcoal, an evil color of black. Of death. No. Instead, she played them in the best way she could, for although she could not control the cards, she could control the way she played them. Free will existed, and Nayati had finally found her own perfect imperfection, both externally and within herself.

image credits
table by whit

Helovian Ancient

DESTERIER AND NAYATI

The spiders listened to the black stallion and his beginning of a venture into diplomacy with an amused interest. Spiders were cunning creatures, and they would take what was offered. However, a mare approached then, lecturing them on their honor and friendship, explaining to them evolutionary fact. She seemed to just drone on and on, but the fairies were impressed by her words, at least. Then, suddenly, she changed her mind, calling them dishonorable, and the spiders finally held up a spindly leg, grunting.

"You say much and do not listen. We will leave if you just... stop talking." The spider groaned, looking up to the stallion as if his short-worded diplomacy could save him from madness.

One of the fairies stuck her hands on her hips. "You would do well to pay attention to what she says, spider!" The humanoid barked before nodding to Nayati and then to Destrier.

The spiders shook their bodies in a gesture of a "no". "She speaks with the knowledge of an herbivore and so do you. Hunting is not as easy as foraging, especially with winter approaching. We will leave your pool of plentiful fish, but we refuse to leave the warmer reaches of the forest. Unless the black stallion has something to offer," another spider said, approaching quietly.

"He has honored us by asking for a deal. Unlike you, fairies who used bigger brutish creatures to send us away without word!" A younger spider grunted.

An elder spider looked to his own and then to Destrier. "He is an honorable soul, indeed, this black stallion. Would you permit us to follow you to your home? We are excellent informers and sneaky soldiers. In repayment for a safe, winter environment, our small group will serve you."

The fairies looked to Nayati. "For your help, we will aide you, Nayati, in your future."

The spiders then looked at the egg. "The egg is an egg of the forest. Let one representative of each of us make a bet on who shall get the orb. As a sign of good faith," the elder spoke, looking to Destrier.

The fairies sighed. "Very well.

The elders of each walked into a clearing together and found a stick in the perfect shape of a "y". Each took a side and pulled. The side with the thickest stick remaining would be the winner.

The spiders won and smiled. "Congratulations, Destrier, father of a forest dragon."

The fairies looked to Nayati apologetically and moved to her side, playing their fingers through her long, thick mane, weaving beautiful wooden beads and glass leaves into her hair. "We bless you, Nayati, with the spirit of the forest. Should you desire aid, a small owl, a small weasel, and a fox will come to you in the form of green leaves, sticks and heart."

Congratulations Destrier! I rolled a one! You get a common green dragon egg that will hatch two weeks from now. Let us know when you choose what power you want it to have and its name. Remember also that green dragons are female!

Males: Bronze, Blue, Black
Females: Gold, Green, White
Varied gender: Silver, Red, Brown

Since both of you did a great job, the spiders are now able to be NPCed by Dingo or members of the Edge. They will stay there until June 1st when the seasons change.

Nayati has temporary magic to summon a forest owl, weasel, and fox until June first! Also, if you wish to keep it, Nayati has braided wooden beads and glass leaves in her mane as items!