the Rift

This one's a fighter[OPEN]

Calcifer Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Image and video hosting by TinyPicCalcifer
and we'll crawl until we can walk again

Calcifers skull hung low, almost to the point of dragging the earth beneath him. Every probe or snap of a twig was only recognized by a nonchalant swivel of an ear. The new climate wasn't anything new, after all he had been traveling for the majority of his life so it was a rarity for a scenery to catch his attention or consideration. The marbled horn that sprouted from his blazed forehead curved towrads his poll, perfect for goring and jabbing in battle. Combat was the only thing calcifer took pride in and thrived in. I guess it was his way of forgetting his dreaded past. It was quite obvious he was a fighter, scars cloaked his red chestnut coat stretching all throughout his lithe frame. He tried his damnedest to neglect his recollections of his previous life but the memories would always haunt him. The atmosphere was thick with equine, covering every inch of the forest. Hm, a challenge. This was how he saw it. A challenge rather than a greeting or creating allies. This was all he had ever known, the means for surviving was to fight for your life. Calcifer was slightly underweight, as a few ribs could be seen trailing across his barrel as he walked with slow sluggish strides. Despite his slightly malnourished condition, calcifer was still perfectly capable of defending himself without any hesitation. He was quite cocky and straightforward, as he had always been. That for sure hadn't changed. Born of a royal family heritage of pure unicorns, he hated to be looked down upon. His eyes almost seemed to blend in with the surrounding woodland, as it was identical to the leaves of the trees. The wind-shaken canopy loosened the colorful leaves from above as they floated effortlessly downwards in front of him. This foriegn environment wasn't as threatening or placid as expected, the ambiance of the forest was surprisingly soothing. Now he treaded with a more confident stride, but still a negligent expression plastered across his chiseled features. He had never felt alone or secluded even after all the years of living the solitary life, he had yet to crave the company of another being. After the death of his beloved, Dysis, he had never shared a bond or trust with anyone or anything. With a toss of his bulky skull, calcifer pushed forwards into a brisk trot, the crisp wind buffeting through his shortly trimmed blonde mane. A strange hopeful grin creased across his lips as he leapt forwards into a powerful canter.

"blah blah blah."

SO sorry this is dreadful, i wanted get one up as soon as i could. :3

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi
This fluid feels like pain, This stoic mood is all in vain
I reach into the dark, I tear the sun and me apart
How many years ago, How many deaths I can't let go
My flesh is temporary, my God extraordinary
D E S C A R O

Descaro travelled through the claiming wood at a rolling trot, proudly carrying himself with a flick of his tail and a well toned arch of his neck. Mane of a pitch colour bouncing along in clumps to his brisk pace. He had already captured the scent of another in the Threshold and he had quickly moved to chase down the stranger, wanting to arrive before anyone else claimed him. The trees continued parting until finally he laid eyes upon a chestnut stallion crowned in a delightfully curved marbled black horn. As the soldier fell to a halt, he noted the lithe form and the strong build he seemed to represent. If the male before him so decided to become a warrior, Descaro could already see him excelling in the rank just from physical appearance. He had a short blonde mane and tail, standing just an inch smaller than himself. A charming fellow indeed as Descaro moved a little closer to speak with this newcomer to the lands of Helovia.

"Greetings fellow brother. My name is Descaro, a soldier from the north. Who might you be?" He asked in his rather purring suave tones, hoping to stop the stallion's charging canter and take advantage of the rather appealing smile upon his crimson lips. The stallion seemed at a distance to be quite on the skinny side, would he even survive in the north? The mahogany male did not know, but he knew not to presume too much of those he did not know. Perhaps, if he agreed to come to the Basin, he would die on the way. At least then, the world would be rid of another weakling. Yet, if the stallion survived the trek north then he would have more than proved himself an excellent fighter.

Descaro lastly looked around the wood, he had officially named the Threshold his second home out of amused sarcasm, as he often found himself here nearly as much as the time he spent at home. Though the stallion increasingly warmed to his task, in the long run, he was helping the herd gain strength and that was enough to satisfy him for now.

Unregistered

and we'll crawl, until we can walk again

Powerful strides struck the earth with vigor, sending any debris flying through air behind him. A determined look caressed his visage as emerald eyes scanned the foliage before him. Where was he planning to go? This endless voyage was beginning to take a tole on the chestnut steed, but the adventure was worth the while. The bitter wind coiled and weaved through his mane, gently intertwining his forelock between his carved ears. Birds sung peacefully above his head while the sweet alluring scent of pine hung in the air. A sudden scent filled his nostrils as a blur of a sharp bay flew past his line of vision. A soothing courteous tone escaped from his left which widened the stallions eyes with surprise. Skidding to an abrupt halt, several leaves twigs and other rubbish was sent flying hitting him in the neck, and hind end. He only spun around to meet the gaze of a well muscled stud, standing confidently before him. He bared a horn like himself, only the compistion and appearance differed completely from his own. It seemed to be made of crystal, and pointed intimidatingly upwards to a deadly point. He appeared to be considerate and kind, but this trick of benign nature he knew all to well. It wasn't worth wasting his time. He noticed the stallion eyeing his build and horn which was proudly appointed perfectly in the center of his skull. An arrogant look of disgust quickly restored his features as ears pinned wickedly against his skull. Speaking of a challenge, he though to himself. Who does he think he is barging out of nowhere and nearly frightening him to death. The stallion wreaked of the north, at least he wasn't deceitful there. Calcifer had experience in the north, and enjoyed the cold weather rather than hot humid, unbearable climates of the deserts. A sharp snort erupted from his chest, as teeth were menacingly bared. "I don't care where you came from, or who you think you are. What was it do you think you could accomplish in my presence, stud?" He spat with a conceded, vile tone. His voice was deep and masculine and sounded a bit raspy at times. Not one generous notion was offered nor thought of. It has been what seemed like ages since he had heard of or even seen another like himself. Plus, he wasn't the brightest or the best at socializing. He observed the stallion up and down who was apparently called Descaro. the studs thick ebony locks danced across his muscular shoudler as the breeze began to hasten. The stallion was certainly more built and exceeded his brawn, but was he quick and agile? Calcifer wasn't one to lose, and was an excellent fighter in battle. Green eyes narrowed as he ultimately met his gaze. He was barley an inch more elevated than Calcifer and wasn't a bit daunting. He should have abandoned the forest at the first scent of equine, but the newcomer excited his bloodlust which had been buried for so long.

Word count-508

"blah blah blah."

This should be fun. :3 Thank you for replying!

Outcast
imi
D E S C A R O

Descaro watched as the fiery man dug his charging hooves into the ground, bringing his wild pace to a halt. The Soldier was half worried the stallion might have gone flying by and ignored him, luckily his suave tones had caught the crimson ears of this one. However, this one seemed to care little for the warrior's presence as Descaro quickly noted through the arrogant look on his face. To which the mahogany bay immediately took a disliking to, but he held his open gaze for friendship and took a deep breath to control the emotions that were ready to rage out. There was a deep intelligence to the gaze of Descaro and it took all of that intellect to hold his tongue. So far. It was when the stallion spoke that his patience was truly tested and his posture noticeably stiffened in anger. Bastard who does he think he's talking to his mind raged on with similar thoughts and many colourful words bubbled to his lips before finally he gripped the speech he needed to continue.

"Actually, you're in my presence. This is my home your stumbling into brute, so watch your tongue. I don't take well to strangers with an arrogant tone like yours, not that you'd care." He smiled through the last lines as he imitated the voice of the stallion in a taunting way. The good mood he had began with quickly flittering away and for that he was annoyed. However, he changed his approach of conversation, reminding himself he was on recruiting business and that a full blown argument wasn't really going to help.

That was, if this barking idiot would bite.

"Carry on in your ignorant bliss if you like, but if you do wish to listen then this is what I offer. An opportunity to fight and thrive for the Aurora Basin. You may not like me and I don't particularly care for you either, but if you think you've got what it takes to be a fighter then come join the herd with the best soldiers around. However, if you'd rather live like a frightened girl that shies at his own shadow then, like I said. Carry on dear boy!" He smiled maliciously, it seemed kind words were useless on such a stallion, but Descaro begrudgingly had to admit. He'd fit in well with the Basin horses and, if he happened to have enough hatred to be racist, then maybe even the plague.

That being said, the crimson brute could simply choose to ignore him yet there wasn't much more Descaro could do.

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
So it was her turn to pick someone up... sort of.

Entering the emerald canopy was easy. She slithered at a triumphantly bold trot. Her crowned forhead held high. Curly fibers flew from her tail bone and into the air like clouded mist. Her dished head placed elegantly, high, easily. Her nostrils were calm. Audits were perked forward. She moved with a silence that might've gone unnoticed if it hadn't been for the leaves and twigs. She heard murmers in the distant. She knew it was a new horse. She heard his voice crack and break as he charged.. the other one.

I slowly glided to a stop. All I would have to do was turn the corner and see who was chatting, and who was attacking. I heard the loud thumps of hooves and debated turning around and going home, to the Basin. Yet, something egged me on to turn the corner and glance.

So I did.

Much to my surprise, it was Descaro. Well, the horse attacking seemed rather annoyed by Descaro, so why not make this a game? Arching my head, I feel my banner drape over my neck. I walked up behind Descaro very quietly. My muzzle, about a foot away, snorted. The warm air gliding to where Descaro was. One of my eyebrows cocked. A playful smile plastered in my velveteen lips. Slowly, I walked up next to him on his right side.

Then I realized I was in the target zone for the charging horse.

"Easy there boy. You wouldn't want to draw my blood would you?" My eyes traced Descaro's cranium before looking at the other horse. His coat shimmering a burnt gold color, but was glossy and held a certain sheen. His mane and tail were gold with stands of whitish-beige and dark brown. His eyes, oh, his eyes. Emerald green, like this very forest. He was classy yet he looked as if he could beat anyone up. His horn was the color of pure ebony.

If charm was the only way to lasso in this stallion, so be it, but he'd better prepare.

Reaching my whiskered muzzle forward, I spoke. "I don't think you'd want to hurt me, would you? My body, so easily snapped and fragile.. denser, more built opponents will come." My voice in a soft whisper. Chords lacing through the forest. A subtle seductivity always lingered, but I hid it a lot of times because if the weirdos it attracted. Bringing my muzzle back in, I look at Descaro once more. Who knows maybe we could be the recruiting masters. He gets the ladies, and I get the soldiers. Seemed fair to me!

I knew I was getting ahead of myself.

I only give Descaro a slight courteous dip of the head. I knew he'd know he had gotten my respect almost immidietly. He also got my craziness. I still hoped this flaxen boy still had a chance. I look back at the charger. It was a good nickname for him, suited him well.

Unregistered

we'll crawl, until we can walk again

The acrimonious wind pummeled throughout the woodland, creating an ominous howl against the now, colorful and vibrant leaves. Fleeting flaxen locks bounced resiliently in unison with the bellowing wind. Descaro. This mahogany stallion acquired more of quarrelsome attitude than expected. This oddly enough excited Calcifer. Bold altercations poured from his dark lips as the tones only escalated, in almost a smart goody two shoes type of manner. Foolish stallion, speaking to him in such tones. This only enraged the fiery stallion even more, muscles tensing by the second. Before any irate tones could flail from his lips, a smooth feminine voice caught his immediate attention. Slowly approaching from behind the bay stallion, a cream colored mare appeared from the brush. His emerald eyes fell upon her with shier fascination. She held palomino spots assorted randomly across her pelt and was equipped with a lithe, supple frame. She occupied a bizarre pair of antlers atop of her skull that stretched open like those of a deer. He had never seen such a thing before. Her aroma also inflicted the north. Maybe they shared the same home? The way she approached Descaro appeared like she knew him personally. She observed him, as he returned the favor but cautiously. Her elegant tasteful words slipped from her muzzle with ease. Her intentions were quite flirtatious, that was obvious. Oddly enough, it soothed his bloodlust, but not to the point of seeming weak; which he was far from. He wasn't in the mood for flirting, bu this mare was considerably attractive. "No, my intentions are not to harm anyone." He paused, rolling his eyes in annoyance. "Yet." He whispered quietly to himself. His emerald gaze returned to the unicorn, Descaro. It took everything he had to not blurt out foul language, and lunge into a full on attack. However this was a new area, and he didnt want a bad reputation. He bit his lip in hesitation, shifting his weight throughout his legs uncomfortably. He spoke of possibly taking him to the north, supposedly called the Aurora basin. It seemed appealing, as his features lightened ever so faintly. The hostile mannerisms almost seeming to blanch, but an arrogant, haughty look still remained. "This Aurora Basin you speak of, oddly interests me." He spoke the truth, with smooth but cocky tones. "I don't appreciate your insults, but i possess experience in battle." The malevolent tones almost seeming to vanish. These equines seemed to be worthy of his trust, but that must be earned. He should have expected vile tones and language from the stallion. Afterall, Calcifer's greeting wasn't the kindest either. Instinct was all is body had to give anymore. "I don't believe i introduced myself. I am Calcifer." He addressed the antlered mare with a charming grin, before turning his gaze to the bay stallion once again. A duck of his skull was provided in an attempt to be polite. "I do apologize for my entrance, it's just been.. years since i have seen one of my kind." Since the death of his beloved mate, Dysis, he hasn't come into contact with anything, or anyone. Maybe, just maybe a herd would provide what he needed to forget.

"blah blah blah."

Outcast
imi
D E S C A R O

The appearance of Zdravilo was the last thing Descaro thought would happen. He turned his head to view her pretty form of golden and white, his gaze smouldering for a while until he finally brought himself back to the present. His problem of the stallion before him. He smiled, dark eyes lighting up with humour as she played the crimson stud with her inviting voice, quite easily highlighting her most beautiful areas much to Descaro's delight. Who didn't really need them pointing out after he'd already appreciated them. Yet, Zdravilo's stance on there friendship as being just that was abundantly clear and so the bulky stallion made no move on her. Though her tones of seduction were not completely lost on him and his smile became wider when she finished her speech to rusty chap before them. He returns her courteous bow with a flourish of his own, noting silently how they had a way of complimenting each other. Her female tones of subtle seduction and his own of suave, purring persuasion might indeed be a force to be reckoned with. Only time would tell.

He became even more amused when her flirtatious reasoning had a bigger impact on the stranger than he expected. Harsh stare lifting from his features and being replaced with a glittering humour as he watched Zdravilo bring the stallion down a few pegs just by 'fluttering her eyelashes'. The strange chestnut speaks and expresses an interest to follow them to the Aurora Basin in a way that makes Descaro frown, but he says nothing. Nodding once when he reveals his name to be Calcifer and silently accepting his apology though he thought it was more likely aimed at Zdravilo rather than himself.

The smile remains on his lips when finally he shifts his weight, turning his head to gaze at Calcifer "anything for a pretty girl, is that it Calcifer?" He laughed rather jovially before turning back to face the direction of the Basin, sighing once and checking Zdravilo was okay to go. "The Aurora Basin lies this way, we will show you the way." He smiled honestly this time and nodded once to Zdravilo before walking off towards the mountainous region.

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
I stood, listening. My audits alert, yet my body is relaxed with a rounded softness. My hind right hock bent to let my solid hoof rest on a small point. My glossy coat shimmers as the sun's beams hit them. I was pure, and for the most part clean, but overall I was innocent. Still, I was young, very young, at the mere age if three. Descaro seemed much older. At least twice my age plus half a year to two years added. Charger here looked twice my age, give or take. My maturity was a value I held dear. I didn't frolick with stallions like a loves truck yearling, no, I just lowly understood them, appreciated them. I had never had many friends my age, only a few here and there. I wasn't sure if I was a mare or a mere filly. I was still in a slight awkward stage, and the string that tied my age to beauty was a few inches long. My body still had some time to form and grow along with my personality. I was still bendable, and easily molded. Oh, the horror it would cause if everyone knew they could teach me their ways.

As the the flaxen stud started speaking, she got slightly confused, et her emotions stay still. The boy put a name to a face. "Calcifer." I softly echoed taking in the so unique name. "No harm no foul, right Descaro?" My juvenile tones still had a chord of flirtatious intentions. My tail bone flicked to the side and back letting my silver fiber slice through the air towards where Descaro's rump had been, but he had moved and started walking away. I cocked and eyebrow at him as he spoke.

"anything for a pretty girl, is that it Calcifer?" I was bubbling inside. Descaro thought I was pretty. That was a plus, but I was also shocked he'd say that. Did he want Calcifer to high tail it out to the desert? Descaro started leaving, so I thought I should follow, but before I did, I looked at Calcifer. "He's... special." I rolled my eyes at Descaro before catching up to him at an easy trot. I didn't walk beside him, the path was too small, but I still spoke to him, and to Calcifer.

"Where do you come from Calcifer?" Small talk was a plus. I might as well try to erase the tension between the two stallions so I walked in between them. Still taking long vibrant strides and leaving my neck in a slight arch that complimented my shape well.

Unregistered

we'll crawl, until we can walk again

There he stood, heeding, or more or less expecting disagreements or quarrels to pour from the stallions jaws, but there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. This surprised Calcifer to a brief extent, before he let a frustrated, awkward snort shudder his firm shoulders. Sure the meeting wasn't all that grand, but hey he apologized, what more could he offer? The stallion was stubborn, and he respected his self willed attitude. But no matter how hard he tried, Descaros altercations peeled under his flesh like a needle. He returned his citrine gaze unto the spotted mare who was still trying to flirt with him. He didn't seem to mind, though her vocal chords almost seemed to calm him. Come to think of it, this antlered mare hadn't introduced herself. He pondered for a moment, a confused look spread across his visage. "I don't recall your name, madam?" He extended his snout towards the fem, a small grin creasing at the corners of his ashen lips. The stallions chords broke the silence suddenly. "anything for a pretty girl, is that Calcifer?" Without maneuvering his skull, emerald eyes snapped to meet the gaze of Descaro. A captious chuckle emerged from the depths of his throat, as a haughty grin spread across his maw. "Indeed. Once a gentleman, always a gentleman." Despite the sarcastic threads inside the auburn stallions words, he wasn't the slightest bit bothered. The only indication or response was the snap of his flaxen tail, hitting the side of his barrel with a crack of the slightest bit of irritation. "the Aurora Basin lies this way, we will show you the way."With a brief bob of his head, calcifer proceeded to follow. He allowed the mare to cut in front of him to prevent any further comments to Descaro. In fact he was glad she did. She must have sensed the tension between the two. He could only fantasize at what the Basin had to offer or what it looked like. What were the other horses like? Did they appreciate the other species of equines or did they defy them? To many questions, but no disclosure. He sauntered with confident strides, observing the thick verdant shrubbery around him. An unanticipated voice broke the almost floundering silence. It was the antlered mare. "where do you come from calcifer?" It was an out of the blue type of question, but it was better than not conversing with one another the whole trip. He contemplated for a moment, taking a sharp breath inwards, pondering his mind. Where did he come from? Well, it was more complicated than it seemed. "Well, I was born east from here, far past the horizon." He turned his skull into the direction of 'home' a hopeless expression plastered across his face. "I'm sure you wouldn't know of the lands." He simply stated. He tried to avoid her incomplex question, with a wince of his eyes. Home was a dreadful thing to comprehend for calcifer, as it brought to many frightful and sickening memories to his mind.

"blah blah blah."

Sorry its so short:/