the Rift

[OPEN] Safe Landing?

Kimber Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 4 (Ages in Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Kaiden :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Kachie
Since the day the Foothills had fallen, Kimber had roamed. At first she hadn't traveled far beyond her prior home, lingering in the nearby meadows and forests as she'd watched over Kaiden as he'd begun to grow. As he got older, larger, stronger, she'd led him farther and farther west. West, toward the Edge, where she knew her mother and little sister were. Where Aaron and Madryn and Maskan had gone. Where the mysterious Mirage reigned, that strange and enticing figure so briefly seen the day her mother had departed from the Foothills.

Until, at last, she stood beneath the outermost boughs of the Edge's border. At her left stood the semi-translucent figure of a fox wrought all of water. At her right stood the smaller, multi-tailed figure of Kaiden, barely capable of restraining himself from eagerly exploring his new surroundings. Anxiously Kimber stood silent at first, blue eyes scanning the shadows beneath the alien trees, ears twitching as she listened to the distant, whispering rush of the waves against sheer stone.

She took a deep breath to steel herself, fending off the tiny voice in her head that suggested she might not be welcome despite her ties of family and friendship, and called out to any who might be able to hear. She wanted a home, somewhere safe to live, though she still felt a tug within her to travel back east.

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron</style>
World's Edge Glazier
And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
</style>

Even if he was now Glazier and the two WingLeaders had been chosen, it did not stop the paint and his bonded from patrolling the borders from time to time. Alanna in fact was growing up fast, a bit to fast for Aaron sometimes. She had grown protective of him, and did not like it when any thoughts of Phi came up. After all the pale mare had made it clear what she thought of him both in the Deep Forest and the day she brought news to the Edge about the assassins. To bad they already held the leader in their prison Lace had made.

Another part of him patrolling the borders was to learn them well. After all he needed to know as much as possible about building a wall. Crafting with glass was not going to be as near as effective at it would of been building with stone, but it could work. He still needed to travel to Dragon's Throat and speak with their leaders and crafter to see if they could do a trade for help on the wall. He could protect the metal with glass, while the Edge needed a stronger material to reinforce their wall.

It was Alanna who smelled them first. She yipped happily, the scent familiar from Aaron's own memories. She took off toward the pair, Aaron looking confused right behind her. It wasn't until she sent a mental image of Kimber that he figured it out. Kimber was here! Long draft legs stretched out eager to see his friend. As he drew close he slowed his pace, Alanna yipping happily in front of him. "Heya Kimber." He smiled warmly, glad to see she was alright... What was this? she had bonded to a creature as well! "I'd like you to meet Alanna. She was in the egg I had that day in Thistle Meadow. Looks like you have someone new to." Something inside him longed to step closer and put his head on her withers to hug her tight. Alanna looked at him curiously, but looked back to the kitsune.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Hidden Account
Silence lingered in the wake of her beckoning call, lasted and stretched until she was certain no one would answer. Sorrow welled up, threatened to swallow her up and drown her... and then the silence was shattered.

A sharp yip, toned with joy, echoed beneath the trees. Three set of ears perked up curiously to listen. More yips, and then the sound of hoofbeats. Familiar hoofbeats. Could it be? "Aaron!" Profound joy rose up to stamp out sorrow and curiosity, and the young grulla flung herself forward, lacking entirely in any apprehensions in the light of his smile.

It was not too unlike how she'd greeted Ricochet the first time she'd met him in the Threshold, up to and including the delighted rush into him. She wasn't concerned with knocking him off his feet, since he was bigger and more solidly built. Cheerfully she sidled up against her friend, pressing her shoulder to his. "I have missed you." She said simply, smiling up at him.

Bemused, Kaiden watched his bonded's exhuberant greeting to this strange stallion, then turned to look at the watery fox that lingered still beside him. A moment's silent communication passed between them. With a soft huff the young kitsune twitched his tails and padded forward with quiet interest. The fox shadowed him.

Picking up on the confusion of her bonded, Kimber blinked and looked down to him. Abashed, she tilted her ears back. It was only now that she comprehended Aaron's words, and she offered a smile to Alanna. "Hello Alanna, its nice to finally meet you. And this is Kaiden." At the introduction, the young kitsune gave a soft yip of his own, head cocked as he peered up at stallion and hellhound.

Aaron</style>
World's Edge Glazier
</style>

He was greatly surprised when Kimber flung herself forward and pressed herself close against him. It was one time he was grateful for the fact he was built larger like a draft horse. The warmth of Kimber at his side made him smile even brighter. When she stood by his side he became completely distracted by her. Gently he stepped back to nuzzle her neck before returning his focus to the world around him. It was like whenever he was with Kimber, nothing else mattered but that one moment. "I've missed you too." Alanna meanwhile moved toward the kitsune, curious about this new creature and the watery fox that stood beside him. The kitsune seemed to be about her age at least. She yipped playfully, trying to be friendly with clearly the bonded of her bonded's friend.

When she introduced the kitsune as Kaiden Alanna yipped happily. So they were all friends after all! "Nice to meet you Kaiden." It seemed Alanna was paying more attention to the kitsune than her bonded. Aaron seemed calm, and settled while standing next to Kimber. She to began looking at him confused, as it just wasn't like him to be all.... Lovey? Feeling the confusion from his bonded he almost stepped away. Almost. However he just could not bring himself to do so. What was it about Kimber that just drew him in? Slowly he forced his mind back to the present to speak again. "I don't know if you chose to stay in the Foothills, but you're always welcome here...."

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Hidden Account
Strange, that simply moving into the sphere of his presence should bring such comfort. That the feel of his solid shoulder against her own should inspire the sensation of home-coming. It was strange, indeed, but welcome, and she spared no second thought to it. Simply accepted the fact, and the pulse of pleasure that arose from his admittance of having missed her too, from the firm but gentle press of his muzzle against the arch of her neck.

Pale lavender eyes studied the larger hellhound, deep thoughts for a young mind stirring behind them. After a moment Kaiden seemed to come to some sort of decision, upright tails swaying gently as he padded forward. With an enticing whine he feinted a nip at the hound's paw before bounding back. Evidently he'd decided to accept her overtures of friendship. His fluffed tails made him seem nearly as big as his potential playmate, even though the truth was far from appearances. His gaze flicked back up to Aaron at the stallion's words, and the young kitsune yipped once in acknowledgement.

A soft giggle escaped the young grulla as she watched her bonded, aware of the flow of emotions that had flucuated within him. She could recognize her influence within the kitsune, the inclination toward light-heartedness though there was a darker potential within him.

That potential had an echo within her, which stirred as Aaron spoke again, mentioning the Foothills. Her ears tipped back at the remembrance of her encounter with Ktulu and Archibald, quiet anger being roused. But then a pinprick of calm thrummed through her bond with Kaiden, expanding as she acknowledged his attempt to soothe her. Blue eyes that had darkened with the flare of dark emotion brightened again. Bending her head closer she brushed her muzzle against Aaron's neck, renewing the sense of comfort she gained from his presence. "The Foothills are no longer my home. I could not lower myself to become a mercenary." There was a fierce conviction in her voice as she spoke of the Grey, which quieted again. "I came here because everyone I care about lives here." She looked up at him, unsure if his words were entirely true.

Aaron</style>
World's Edge Glazier
</style>

Just like Kimber, it was strange the peace he felt with her at his side. Almost like it was right. They had been best friends for so long... But could it be that he was starting to care for her as more than just a friend? Na! No way. surely she was more like a sister than a lover. But the more he looked at her the more he realized. He did care more than a normal friend should. In an instant he shoved those feelings away. No. He would not allow such feelings to ruin another friendship.

Alanna turned looking questioningly to her bonded and the strange switch of emotions that only she would know of. She was quickly distracted however as the Kitsune moved forward nipping playfully at her paw. She bounded forward, careful of her own size as she was larger than her new friend was. Gently she nipped at his tail before darting in and out of the equines' hooves.

Kimber's laugh brought Aaron out of his thoughts as he chuckled too. It was nice to see their bonded companions getting along so well. he snorted softly as Alanna darted in and out of his hooves keeping perfectly still.

His mention of the Foothills had Kimber's ears falling backward. He instantly regretted saying anything to upset her. As she relaxed so did he, feeling Alanna's concern for his suddenly darkening mood. Brown eyes had barely changed to a darker brown before fading back to the original color. However Kimber's touch against his neck was a surprise that caught him off guard. The touch was welcome, wanted and comforting. Yes. This was where she belonged, but not until she decided such a thing. Till that day he was going to be her protector, even if Kimber had no idea he was doing so. Had this been what his father felt for his mother before the shades attacked? Was this strange feeling and need to protect the reason his father had not made it out of Isilme? Well if it was Aaron now understood. Kimber's voice brought him out of his thoughts again as she spoke of not lowering herself to a mercenary. He smiled. "Strange to see, how far our once friends have fallen." His voice carried a sad tone to it, but was just a fierce as Kimber's own voice. "Then stay, with all of us. I know it's not the Foothills or the Oasis.... But it's home..." Where we both belong.

Et Spiritus Sancti

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
Their voices were soft as I reached them, bear whispers on the wind that made me strain to hear even when I was just upon them. However, I did not rectify my presence with anything other than the sound of my heartbeat.

I could recognize Aaron from just about anywhere and when I finally fell in alongside him, I nodded before adding, “I trust you’ve been well Glazier?” However, it was a short introduction by way of preparing for the formalities that would obviously follow. Our new Glazier accompanied a beautiful chocolate mare with ivory threads that were tipped in the same earthy color of her skin. She appeared to be shaken or perhaps as the very least, tired. But after lifting my face to the wind that wafted her sweet scent over my nose, I suddenly understood why.

She was of the Foothills.

I murmured softly in greeting and then glanced to Aaron for confirmation. I needed to know where he was headed with his company because it could only mean one of two things. “Welcome dear, I hope that you’ve been able to make yourself comfortable. I’m Thor.” I didn’t feel the need to make her endure the long rambling of how grand the Edge was or how exceptional our family was because I knew that those things would prove themselves over time. Instead, I was more interested in figuring out what exactly Aaron had said and where this conversation was going (I guess I could be quite nosey at times).

On another note, I do hope you’ll be joining us here in the Edge. I’m quite certain that Aaron is more than capable of helping you settle but if you’ve ever a need, you are more than welcome to call on me.” A soft smile seemed to tug my lips apart in spite of the severity that I felt in their presence. I suppose that one could say that I was ashamed that I’d interrupted their affairs, but it was the least I could do in the way of becoming a welcoming committee of one- or perhaps curiosity really had gotten the best of me.

I thought of Essetia and how she often nosed her way into situations not of her concern and how much it irritated me… I believed that right then, standing with Aaron and the unnamed chocolate mare that reminded me all too much of Tamira made my heart soften. My poor child; I assume that she inherited her sense of curiosity from me and somehow I had thought it a smart idea to scold her for it. It was then that I decided that I needed to be easier on her before blaming her for traits that (in some cases) she had inherited from me.

But before I lost myself entirely to thoughts of my intimate family, I decided that I’d better find a way to place a name to the striking mare that still remained unknown to me. It was obvious that she and Aaron were close enough, but I needed to justify her presence here just as much as she did. “Do you have a name my dear?” My warm brown eyes found hers and for a moment they rested there, trying to surface the emotions that hid well beneath the gleaming of her gaze. Did she come here simply because it was the only place left or did she come here with reason? I was content to find out over time if she indeed wished to stay, but at some point, I would seek her council privately and consult her inner workings.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

OOC| ... this post. :(

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Hidden Account
A hummed murmur of agreement was the response she gave at his observation as she tried to ignore the recollections that stirred in her mind of the few occasions she'd run into Ktulu. Vaguely she wondered if Ophelia was like her twin, or different. She couldn't determine either way since it had been many seasons since she'd seen the pale daughter of Paladin.

Briefly her thoughts sharpened, along with her gaze, as she absorbed Aaron's second statement. Stay... it's home... Hope stirred, a gnawing hunger for belonging. Never before now had she been driftless, without a safe harbor to return to. As a foal she'd had her mother's protective presence to fall back upon when the shades had threatened and the Oasis was lost. And then she'd grown up in the Foothills, always able to come back from her meanderings and adventures, knowing there was someone stronger and more experienced to keep herself and the others safe. And then she'd wanted to be that strong and experienced soul... only to have the land she'd wanted to defend torn away. Leaving her adrift on the breeze, anchored by the responsibilities of a young companion. And now? Safe harbor lay in sight.

About to speak, to happily accept that offer of home that her long-time friend offered, the young grulla was suddenly distracted. A sense of wary alarm thrilled through her bond with the kitsune who'd danced around the hooves of herself and Aaron, dodging the playful pounces of his new friend until his pale lavender eyes caught strange movement. A dim impression of something, someone, massive approaching alerted her.

Blue eyes swung away from her friend's face, automatically falling upon the huge stallion that approached without really realizing that her reaction was prompted by another's senses to such an accurate degree. Ears tilted forward with curious interest, not recognizing him at a glance but intuitively knowing he was of the Edge since his scent was almost indistinguishable, at first breath, from their surroundings. Silently she listened to him speak words of welcome and introduction. A warm feeling washed through her, something akin to gratification that only grew stronger as he continued on with words of confidence in Aaron and assurances for her.

A small smile was tugged into existance in response to his own, and her head dipped in quick greeting. "Thank you, Thor. I was just about to accept Aaron's offer of home here when Kaiden here informed me of your approach." She tipped her head down toward the light grey kitsune who had settled himself between her front hooves with a distinctive air of aloofness mixed with possession. His tails were loosely swirled around his haunches, hiding his paws from sight and making him look bigger.

Resisting a giggle at her companion's attempt to seem more mature and potentially threatening, she looked back up at Thor. "My name's Kimber. Daughter of Smoke, sister to Israfel. I stayed in the Foothills to support first my brother and then my nephew, Jackal. And now... there's nothing left there for me. So I came here." Shrugging as though it was as simple as that, she leaned a bit closer to Aaron in an automatic reflex to banish the dark thoughts that arose at the memories of her male relatives and how they'd both abandoned her. For different reasons, she was sure, but still. Both were gone.

Aaron & Alanna</style>

In Nomine Patris Et Filii Et Spiritus Sancti</style>

Kaiden was not the only one alarmed by the sudden approach of another, though in a few moments the hellhound pup relaxed bounding forward to greet the WeyrLeader. She yipped a greeting as he spoke to her bonded and to the bonded of her new friend. She however was not ready to return to play until the kitsune relaxed.

Aaron to had turned to see who was approaching the moment Alanna's keen senses informed him of such. It was taking some time, but he was getting used to the silent communication between them. It flowed almost naturally now. I am, I do wish Lace would return as I am anxious to start on the wall. I may have to seek help from those in Dragon's Throat. He listened as Thor then addressed Kimber and she introduced herself. He smiled as she admitted she was about to accept his offer of home in World's Edge. It really did make sense after all. What did surprise him was the way Kimber leaned in against him, almost seeking comfort. He wanted to outwardly comfort her, to show how much he cared and how he would never leave her... But that was not needed here or now. Time would show that. For now he was a brother and a friend.... Alanna once again was looking at him with confused emotions Not now. he thought simply.

He instead turned his attention back to Thor, since he was a WeyrLeader and all maybe he could give the permission he needed to travel to the Dragon's Throat and help construct their wall and ask for help on the wall for the Edge as well. Thor, I do however have a request. I wish to travel to Dragon's Throat to see if I could be any use in construing a wall of defense for them. In return I would be asking for help on our own wall.... I would like Kimber to accompany me at first... He looked to her for a moment If that is ok with you?

talktallk

Credits

Et Spiritus Sancti