the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome to the World [[Lupus, Elektra, Open]]

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Ayaka knew it was today. The pups were going to come today. The pain of labor consumed her auburn body. Fear filled her orange eyes as the wind blew against her brown body. The sand covered her paws and she began to feel light headed. Her legs felt like they could no longer support her weight and she laid down of the soft and warm sand. Her head felt heavy and it collapsed to the ground. Her breathing became heavier and heavier and the pain increased. Few rain drops feel from the greying sky.

Whimpers rose from the white maw of the she-wolf. The pain was now almost unbearable and she was beginning to regret wanting the pups. ‘How dare you think that?!’ She then thought. She loved Lupus, and she would love the pups. Even though they did not live in the same herd, they are a family. She and Lupus would be the proud parents of the small fur balls that would soon be running around and questioning every strange thing.

She tried to think more of the happy thoughts to rid the pain, but nothing worked. It kept growing and growing. She never thought that there was this much pain that one could bear. Yelps of pain erupted from her mouth as the pain and fear screamed for help in the fiery pits of her eyes. She could feel the pups coming and she pushed until the pain was gone.

Seven beautiful pups lay at the lupa’s belly. All still… None squirm and whine. All the pups. Motionless. What used to be pain was now sadness and she fought to hold tears back. All lay still. But, a sound soon comes ringing into her velvet ears. One female pup came wriggling up to her belly. Its soft whimpers came from the pup as Ayaka picked it up and licked it clean so only her whitish red pelt shown. The rain pattered on the mother and her pup. “Elektra. Your name will be Elektra.” Ayaka felt something growing in her stomach that was like nothing she had ever felt before. The urge to protect and love the pup grew in her.

Ayaka placed Elektra by her side again, then nuzzled it lovingly. Her gentle gaze was stuck on the adorable fae.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Credit

:: find ::

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Ever alert to signs of trouble in her home, the she-wolf's cries of pain brought the mare running towards her, concern evident in her gaze. She recognized the yelps as belonging to Ayaka, the wolf she had encountered with Lupus. Despite her contempt for the arrogant white wolf, Ayaka belonged to their, and she was duty-bound to help her no matter her personal feelings.

She arrived in a cloud of dust, Java clinging to her mane for dear life. He looked up as raindrops began to fall from the overcast sky, leaving indents in the sand and soil below Aryel's hooves. Snugging deeper into her mane, he watched the wolf and the small forms around her. Aryel stepped forward, taking in the situation and realizing what had happened. "Gee, I wonder who their father is." she said sarcastically, but there was a warm kindness in her expression. She had always had a soft spot for kids, even ones sired by a dipshit. The smile fell from her face as she realized that six of the pups were not moving, and only one was suckling. She sighed, wishing that the happy occasion hadn't been tainted by something as tragic as stillborns. "We need to get you and her out of the rain." she said to Ayaka. And away from the bodies, she added mentally. The smells of birth would attract scavengers, some of which wouldn't hesitate to attack the new mother to kill her pup. The stillborns would have to be left to the elements.

She flicked her tail, gesturing behind her. "There's a thicket that Oras, Java, and I sleep in not far from here. She'll be safe there until you can find a better den." Her animal nature was against bringing the offspring of an enemy into her home, but as her mother was a herd member, the pup was as well and Aryel would protect her.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

A strange, new and exciting scent rode the buffeting, salt licked wind that day; birth. Africa had never considered how she or any other soul had come to be living, breathing beings in the world, and any memory of her own infancy was long overwritten by her mother’s manipulating dreams and fantasies. The dapple grey lifted her muzzle high so that the flare of her searching nostrils might better taste the offering as it were; so she could better determine what it meant, perhaps. Her ears stationed alertly, pricked forward with unyielding interest, and her forelock tangled and twisted around them as the cool south-easterly rushed headlong against her. The young green horse shivered catching whiff of something else entirely unfamiliar; not nearly as enticing.

Curiosity became quite overbearing and Africa found she could no longer withhold herself, moving forward quietly where the warm red sand melded into the bed of lush green grass; the contrasting boundary where desert is broken by oasis. She walked quickly, long lean black legs making good progress and she lifted her nose often to test the direction and adjust her path suitably. The sand slipped beneath her shifting weight as she passed across it, and the naturally graceful Pegasus appeared clumsy and awkward as managed her amateurish balance the best she could with a slightly opened wingspan.

Even as the lofty grey streamers amassed into a thick pregnant cloud above, Africa pressed on marvelling as she did so, at the unperceivable vastness of this desert, her homeland. She had travelled the distance between north and south in the Threshold, but Dragons Throat could not be traversed on foot in the same small timeframe. The weather did not spark desire to take flight however, and as large balls of water began to mark the dry sand around her, Africa was satisfied with her grounding. Even so early in the shower, the rain struck her flinching hide heavily, flecking the grey dapples with dark spots.

A small time later, Africa traced the growing silhouettes of life across the hazy horizon through the sheet of thickening rain. She approached with caution, sliding down the gentle slope of a dune and lowered her twitching muzzle, though the trail of scent she had been following was practically drowned with the slick taste of settling, damp dust. It did not take her long to close the gap remaining and was surprised to find the wolf she had met by chance, when she had been talking to another amongst the thistles north beyond the fire. The canine, whose name Africa could not presently recall, seemed to be collapsed and a quarter sunk beneath the sand- an obvious sign of struggle perhaps.

Aryel was the other on scene, and as the young grey Pegasus moved to her flank (comforted by the recollection that the Sergeant was of a well natured character). Her lips reached briefly and fondly to touch Aryel’s warm, steaming shoulder. With narrowing eyes, Africa assessed the confusing situation sprawled out before her. Then as her thoughtful, yet concerned gaze shifted between the motionless dogs, pups even she told herself scornfully, and the one nuzzling at the adult’s belly, she recognized the auburn wolf- Ayaka! “What happened?” The inexperienced horse whispered questioningly, though to on one in particular. The repulsive stench of blood and death was both intimidating and disturbing, causing Africa to hesitate fearfully, despite the cleansing rain’s dilution of all evidence. “Ayaka, are you alright?” She was oblivious, but already her heart felt strongly bonded to any and all who called the Throat home.

She turned her body sidewards quickly, peering upwards into the bleak cascade of water and stretched her large feathered wing so that it covered for the most part, the wolf and her child. It was all she could do, while still so uncertain about what was unfolding.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Elektra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
{E} Show me {LE} the fire {KT} in your {R} eyes {A}
There was rain. Rain started to fall, and that was what I remember first feeling. The rain, despite the presence of water, was something I enjoyed more than the desert home I was born in. Sand was the next thing I felt. It was gritty, I remember, and some came into my mouth as I fall onto the bed of sand. That was my first feeling of Earth. Warmth from before faded, and it was the cold shoulder of water that sheltered me first. But the sand beneath me I could feel, and I felt at home suddenly. I could feel other heat around me, but they didn’t move. Fur, was the next thing I felt. I used my new nose, sniffing. It smelled like me, and I made a noise, a slight yipping, using my vocal cords for the first time.

I couldn’t see, my eyes were closed by skin, though I knew they were there. But I had to feel my way to my mother, and I could smell something new, and it drew me towards her. I felt my mother’s tongue lick my newfound skin, and it felt just like the rain that was still pouring on me. But there was something else I was searching for, and I knew I needed it: food. I found one of her nipples, and I started to suckle. The first thing I tasted was milk, sweet and nurturing. It was what I needed. I felt my mother next, more fur, and she touches me as I drink for the first time. Then there is other sound, voices, but my mind is not yet developed enough to understand them, but I do remember. I know now it was Aryel and her companion Java offering my mother and me shelter, and a newer mare named Africa. After I am done suckling, I get up, and I can smell something else.

It smells like me, but is not I. What could this possibly be? I felt more fur, and it was little. It was somewhat warm, but not warm at the same time, and it was covered in goo. And there was more than one. I yip, afraid, and I stumble, tripping back to my mother. What I didn’t know is that I had just told my brothers and sisters goodbye, and that their bodies would stay still forever more. My mother was warmer and they were, and she was a comfort to me, and I yip again, a tiny whisper in the growing storm. It starts to rain harder now, and there is a flash of something, and I can barely see it through my eyelids. A loud noise echoes around me, and I whimper and reach for my mother’s fur. I try to hide under her I am so afraid, and I want the noise to stop. I hated storms from that day on, but I love the rain.

"Talk."
Think

Image Credits

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The storm became heavier and heavier as minutes ran by. Ayaka knew that she needed to find a place to keep Elektra safe and warm or else, like her other siblings, she would die. The sound of hoove’s striking the ground made the she-wolf’s ears perk up. She squinted to see who it might be. It was Aryel! The one who she thought hated her had come. But perhaps it was just to tell her to get out with her pup. There was a warm expression on her bluish grey face that made Ayaka know that sending her off was not her plan.

Gee, I wonder who their father is. The blue roan mare sarcastically commented. Ayaka smiled also. She knew that Aryel did not like Lupus, but Ayaka knew that she could not help her love for him. The smile dropped from the pegasus’s face. Her eyes were directed at the six still born pups of Ayaka’s. With the thought of their poor lives being lost, the chestnut she-wolf dropped her head and her heart sank. Atleast she had Elektra. Her one pup who had all of her protection and care. We need to get you and her out of the rain. The mare then spoke. The lupa pricked her ears and picked her head back up. “I was just thinking that. I do not want to lose her too.” The fae replied, looking at the one squirming pup.

As Aryel told Ayaka a place where she would be safe, the wolf smiled. “Thank you so much for your kindness, Aryel.” Before Ayaka could say another wold, a figure approached the wolf, mare, and pup. It was Africa, the dappled grey pegasus that Ayaka had met in the Thistle Meadow. What happened? Ayaka, are you alright? The she-wolf automatically knew that that storm colored mare was very confused in this situation. “I am fine, Africa. I will tell you what just happened, another life has just entered this world.” The auburn lupa smiled.

Elektra squirmed and whimpered as thunder clashed and lightning struck the sandy ground. Lifting herself up, her legs felt weak and they were practically shaking. “Thank you both for caring and looking out for me, but I must be getting Elektra somewhere warm and dry.” Picking the soft furry pup gently in her maw, she padded off to the thicket that Ayrel had told her about.

It was not that far away when she arrived, and the rain was now pelting the she-wolf and her pup. Lightning lit the sky and thunder rumbled through the air. Lowering herself, Ayaka crawled under the bush. It was dry, warm, and most importantly… Safe. Letting her muscles relax, the russet fae laid down, placing the fragile pup by her side. They would be safe from the storm and other dangers until she could build something of her own. Ayaka was tired and desperately needed rest. She knew that little Ktra would be alright by her side, and the mother wolf let her eyes close and she feel into a deep sleep.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Credit

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

She nodded when Ayaka thanked her. "It's the least I could do for crashing your date that one time." she said, chuckling as she recalled encountering Lupus at their border. Aryel turned as the hoofbeats of an approaching horse drew her attention. It was Africa, one of their newer recruits, and so far a very nice horse to be around. The dapple grey brushed her muzzle over the blue roan's shoulder, and Aryel returned the gesture happily before looking back at Ayaka and her daughter. She shared Africa's concern, even though she knew that the mess was part of the birth. Her own mother, as Lead Mare, had often served as midwife when mares in her home herd gave birth, sometimes bringing Aryel along.

As thunder roared in the distance, accompanying the endless whispering of raindrops, Aryel was unable to quell the excitement within her. Storms had always given her a rush. And now the rain around them was renewing their desert home, which would soon explode into a rainbow of desert blooms. Java, sharing her thoughts, licked his lips in anticipation of the nectar that would soon be available to savor.

Aryel watched as Ayaka picked up her child and began walking to the thicket, and trailed after her to ensure she made it there safely. When her reddish tail disappeared into the sandy ditch covered entirely by a mass of scrub, she lowered her head. "I'll be in the area. If you need anything, howl for me." With that, she stepped away to resume her patrolling.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

The vibration of echoing thunder peels through the air, an ominous promise for the electrical storm soon to follow. “I am fine, Africa. I will tell you what just happened; another life has just entered this world.” The wolf’s voice rose as the rumble began to weaken, and Africa listened with tipped ears, curious though confused. Her pale eyes strayed from the new mother, again to watch the strange, small pup as it wriggled and stumbled helplessly. Not yet had any sense of maternity grown within the young grey’s heart, and she could not find attraction to the tiny creature- not yet anyway. Never the less, she respectfully nodded in response to the brief explanation of birth, smiling as best she could manage while they lingered in the saturating rain.

A stark frightful fork of lightning descended not far from the group and Africa’ heart leapt. She was devoted to the aid of her herd-mate, but equally as keen to find shelter and safety. Almost in the same moment, the same thought apparently had come to Ayaka. “Thank you both for caring and looking out for me, but I must be getting Elektra somewhere warm and dry.” There was urgency in her voice, and Africa withdrew the broad reach of her wing as the auburn wolf found her feet. To Africa’s astonishment Ayaka picked the pup up, sharp white teeth wrapping about her limp body with tenderness that Africa could not have predicted. In an instant the pair had melted into the grim curtain of rain- the sound of Aryel’s voice calling out behind.

And then the Sergeant too moved away, busy Africa presumed as she lingered a little longer, more than perplexed by the entire sequence of events. Finally the dapple grey horse turned, and stepped away through the slick, wet sand, searching for a place of her own to escape the storm.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Elektra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
{E} Show me {LE} the fire {KT} in your {R} eyes {A}
Warmth is around me, and it is almost like I am back in the womb, but I know I am not. There is something about me that is important, but I don't know what. My mother holds me tightly, and I can feel her, and I call for her, a tiny whimper because I don't know that she is the big ball of semi wet fluff on top of me. And it is me, just me. There are no others, and I know that, and I feel like there should be. Why? Have they gone somewhere? I was alone, but why? That was all I wanted to know.

Such things were not yet within my reach, such as the understandings of death and the afterlife. But where ever they ended up, I hope they were in a good, safe place. Such things were a terrible tragedy, and I happened to be the sole survivor of it. My eyes were still sewn tight, but that did not mean they were closed to the world around me. I could still imagine what was beyond them, and for the days that followed I await for my eyes to return to what they were to every other animal. They were my window to the world beyond my body, a doorway to my soul. When they would open, they would shine brightly, and they would hold no fear. But for now, there was nothing to see in them but darkness, and more darkness would come. However, I had nothing to fear, with a loving mother at my paws, and a father that would soon show himself. A family besides them, and I knew from the moment I was born, I would be protected, and I was.

"Talk."
Think

Image Credits