the Rift

nothing but sunshine. [sasha/open]

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

O N N I
back then our bones wouldn't break, always fighting to stay awake.

The sound of beating wings fill the air as Onni leads the way from the Threshold, turning southwest as she exits the small hole in the trees. Lyhty soars along beside his bonded, chirping softly in the air, which drags behind the trio as they fly. Being somewhat awkward to chat while in flight, with the tobiano still not entirely confident in her flying abilities, she leans toward a comfortable silence, warm smile on her face as she leads Sasha from the Threshold to her beloved home. The distance is relatively small, though the Throat is the farthest land from the entrance of Helovia, and only takes a short fifteen minutes by wing to reach the outskirts.

Most of the activity in her home nowadays was in the oasis of the land, though, and certainly, the view from above was much more impressive when it came to the beautiful red sandstone. Still, Onni tilts her wings to lower the altitude of their cruise, allowing for a better view for Sasha, who was probably anxious to see her new home - even if it ended up being temporary.

When the waters of the great oasis lake become visible, the painted girl pulls up on her wings, ebbing her pace to a small crawl of a glide, sending her body into loose spirals as she closes the distance between her and the ground. Lyhty, much smaller, rushes toward the ground without fear of being unable to stop. The joys of being able to fly carefree. Soon enough, hooves meet with solid ground, and Onni finds herself happily home, yet rather alone within the immediate vicinity, not including their newest member.

"Hello?" Onni calls, wandering if anyone was hanging around in the loose shrubbery or trees.

[ ooc: I figured we'd get the entrance post up first before I brought in Kri. ^^ ]

Sasha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sasha never feels quite so alive as when she is flying. The wind whips her red mane about and her tail stretches behind her like a fiery banner. Oh, what a joy to be alive! What a joy to be here, far above the earth. The only thing that could possibly make this feeling better would be to have a companion, like Onni does. Sasha can't help but grin as she watches the bird flying along beside his horse, quick and agile as the wind itself.

Onni begins to spiral down, seeming a bit tentative. But Sasha is a proficient flyer - she flew before she even ran, her mother used to joke that she emerged from the womb with her wings flapping - so she dives with reckless abandon and skids to a landing in a cloud of red dust. Onni calls out, but it seems that they are alone for the time being. "You did not lie, Onni." Sasha says with a happy sigh. "This place is truly beautiful. You have my thanks for bringing me here. Now, where is the rest of your herd? I'm dying to meet them."

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
“No need to die ma’am!”

The call of the warrior was thick on the breeze, deep and trumpeting, resonating across the sands of their home. A friendly smile curved his lips, as he spiralled down from the heavens above the mares – his altitude was usually higher than most, given his ability to enhance his senses, he could detect whispers from miles away if he concentrated upon his auditory receptors. He had to be careful when doing that, of course, sometimes the constant whistling of wind did give him headaches.

Landing with as much grace as one would expect from a seasoned athlete, the stallion trotted about the mares, not only to get a good look at the newest member, but also to look for any previously hidden threats. Times were tense in the heated season, visitations from unwanted individuals more common than the stallion liked to think about. His handsome façade dipped to them both, a kind touch to the shoulder of Onni offered before he introduced himself to the lovely crimson lass.

“Greetings, I am Azzuen, General here. Who might you be?”

Unregistered

Sasha wheels about, ears perked, when a strong male voice resonates over the red stone. With a jest and a smile, a black winged stallion lands near the mares with the grace of an athlete - likely a warrior. Sure enough, the stallion - Azzuen, his name is - introduces himself as this herd's General. Impressive, indeed.
Azzuen is handsome, no doubt, and Sasha can't help but feel a stab of envy when he favors Onni with a touch. She smiles at him, a touch of flirtation in her expression, and says "I am Sasha, good sir. It is a great pleasure to make your acquaintance and that of this beautiful land. Onni was kind enough to lead me here." She steps a bit closer to him, her expression warm and open.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I & O N N I
We are not our losses, we are only the extent to which we love.

"Azzuen," the painted girl says as he appears on the scene, a blur of black with stripes of white. Her answer, which she had prepared for Sasha's question, disappeared at the sight of her friend. His hooves land upon the sand of the desert, clacking as he makes a quick circle around the pair of females. Onni greets him with a warm smile, even as he lightly touches her shoulder. Their attention shifts back to Sasha, who's teal eyes are locked onto the stallion with a strange expression, one the tobiano did not entirely understand.

The posture and movement exhibited by the female is entirely alien to Onni, who cannot even comprehend such feelings as love yet. Physical attraction, while not as powerful as the bond of love, had not touched the pegasus mare yet, at least not that she was presently aware. Her thoughts are muddled by the sound of hoofbeats closing in on the trio, however, and her blue eyes glide over to see the familiar figure of her mother.

A bright smiles greets Kri as she steps toward the gathering, her face cold. Onni is not entirely sure why her expression is so sour as she watches the chestnut mare, but there is definitely spike in the atmosphere as her mother approaches. "Mother," Onni says, her voice light and respectful. "This is Sasha. I met her in the Threshold and offered her a home." The silver bay mare looks toward the chestnut, then to Azzuen, and then to her pale-faced daughter.

"Good day, Azzuen and Onni," her voice says finally, stoney and cold like her expression. "Greetings, Sasha. I am Kri." Her small figure is held loftily, jawline parallel with the red dirt at their feet, and dark blue eyes glaring like obsidian in the sunlight. "I am surprised my daughter would bring such a coquettish little mare, here. You are likely only to stir up trouble." Her words are flat, decisive like a cleaver making its final stroke.
""
""

Unregistered

A silver bay approaches, much shorter than Sasha but with an air of authority that makes the red mare take notice. Right away she sees that her expression is not exactly welcoming. I think my welcome party may be coming to an end, she thinks wryly.

And indeed, the mare - Kri the Resolute she calls herself, of course a mare such as this would be titled - speaks her brief introductions in a tone as cold as ice. Then comes the insult, catching Sasha entirely off guard. Right away, a million different courses of action fly through her head - everything from attacking this brazen little mare who thinks that a title makes her tall, to offering up a syrupy sweet apology for her apparently forbidden actions of flirtation. After a few seconds of silence, she decides to take the high road. After all, she enjoys Onni's company and doesn't intend to leave it until she is good and ready. Leaving a hoof mark in the land's leader - who is apparently also Onni's dam, who would have guessed? - would doubtless put an end to this delightful little visit. Doing her best to keep a smirk off her face and her ears from pinning back (they are twitching with the urge), Sasha says slowly:

"Well, Kri, with all respect that ought be afforded to a Queen, you have come to a quick judgement that is not entirely fair. Perhaps you misinterpret my actions? You have only just met me, madam. You know nothing of my skills, what I could offer you. Perhaps we could have a talk, alone? You could show me your beautiful land as we walk together."

Sasha is well aware that this speech will probably make her seem arrogant and brazen...but hell, she is not a hoof-licker. She is a free mare who bows to no one. And yes...maybe she is just a little arrogant.

Deceased
Whit
The forward nature of the new mare triggered an odd response within Azzuen. He was not sure how to take it – Cassiopeia was his beloved, and he simply did not see any other mares (or stallions, for that matter) in that light. It simply wasn’t in him. Though his smile never faltered, it did grow slightly smaller, posed more as a charming, friendly offering than potentially being misread as anything deeper. The arrival of Kri earned a warm wuffle to rumble forth from his throat, he had noticed that she was slowly warming up to him – and he, her – as their interactions grew. For him, it was a bit simpler, for he held faith in his brother’s faith – Voltaic had thought Kri worthy of trusting, and so with not much more than that, Azzuen had, too.

The sharp words thrown back and forth between the mares did nothing to settle the stallion. That smile grew smaller, and he wasn’t sure if he would need to use his skills as a warrior to keep them from throttling each other – rather, to keep Kri from exerting her dominance on the newcomer. Though he knew most any mare could hold their own, this Sasha was indeed still a newcomer, he had more of an idea of what Kri was capable of, and his allegiance was primarily with her, and the herd. Shaking his head a fraction, he tossed a pleading gaze to Onni, shifting his bulk with a purpose ruffle of his wings to shuffle slightly closer to her, amusement flickering in his eyes as he looked at her little companion.

“Let’s not allow the heat to boil our tempers; I know I would like to learn more about the Dragon’s Throat newest member.” His voice wasn’t chiding, or angry, just softly spoken with deep, rich tones, stating facts with a kind expression upon his façade. He didn’t mind the flirting, but he could not honestly bring himself to return it; he was a simple stallion, capable of loving only one other at a time, even if the crime was just playful flirtatious actions, he was unable to do it. No, Azzuen was General here, and to his herd, only when he was off patrol, spending time with his family, did his guard lower. Every so often, his eyes would roam the surroundings, his ears constantly swivelling for any unusual occurrences – but then, maybe the danger was closer than he was looking.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I & O N N I
We are not our losses, we are only the extent to which we love.

Kri's eyes alight with a new fire as the stupid mare leans to speak again, her ears flicked back in a manner that could be construed as threatening to the silver bay mare. She is not afraid of this chestnut - though her size was undoubtedly bigger than Kri's own, her heart lacked the same flame and the toned musculature that prepared her for battle. Even as she steps forward, Kri's face is hard as stone, her manner still uplifted, chin taught and ready. Blue eyes speak a challenge; let this newcomer learn why, exactly, she fell to be lead, not once but twice.

A smile, chillingly cold, emerges on the bay's face as she speaks, making Onni's eyes lock onto her mother. Pale-faced girl tenses, ready to leap between the two mares before her mother spilled the blood of what she thought an innocent member of their herd. "I am no queen; there is no royalty here, pesky girl. I lead only by the grace of those around me, and since they have entrusted their faith in me, you might consider it as well," her voice is calm, yet there is still the cutting quality of a blade. "I may judge you quickly, yet past experience has taught me that bestowing faith in those who have done nothing to earn it is foolish. You can prove me wrong if you wish, Sasha, but it will not be by a saucy and distasteful speech."

Azzuen's voice raises, even as Onni was prepared to speak. Kri's eyes of dark, flaming blue turn to look toward her General, and her demeanor unclenches. The same cold smile still rests on her lips, but she does not appear openly threatening anymore. "I have no more business here." With that, the mare nods toward Azzuen, eyes silently regarding a need to watch her, steps away from her daughter, tilting off from the group before darting forward into the sky.

When her mother is finally gone, Onni takes a breath, replacing the smile that had teetered off of her face sometime during the exchange of the two mares. "Well, that could have gone much worse."

"Shall we take a walk?"
""
""

Unregistered

She has to hand it to Kri - the icy cold mare doesn't crack. No wonder she's the leader. As much as Sasha would like to give a good kick, she also can't help but respect her resolve. Still, it is all she can do to not fly after the little bay to challenge her - Sasha can't stand not having the last word.

Poor Onni. The sweet smile had slipped off her face, only to be replaced now by a shaky one. Sasha feels guilty for hurting the mare, but still wouldn't have changed a thing about the exchange. She held her ground, and to her that's all that matters. She can keep her head held high and her wits at the ready.

"Worse, hm?" she says to Onni drolly, "Well, if that was your mother at her kindest, I would hate to see her truly angry. I like you, Onni, but you're going to have to do a lot of convincing to make me stay here. My pride won't let me tolerate being spoken to like some kind of whorish filly. I'm a mare as much as she is! Just because I flirt a little doesn't mean I'm out to cause trouble." She turns to Azzuen as if she has just remembered he is there. "I apologize for that." Her flirty demeanor is gone; she is sensitive to the fact that he wasn't responding to her advances, and anyway she's in too much of a fighting mood now to flirt anyway.

She sighs. "Yes, Onni, a walk would be nice. Perhaps you could enlighten me on how to get on your mother's good side, or at least prove my worth to her."

ooc: New thread for Onni and Sasha (and Azzuen if he wants to come)?

Deceased
Whit
Fine by me :)

Enki Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[ I should get around to making another thread either today or tomorrow. xP ]