[OPEN] Its About Time [birth]

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

Kiara</style>
World's Edge Nurse
</style>

The moon was high overhead, the coolness of Orangemoon made the Edge even colder. In a cave all alone, the red roan appaloosa slept peacefully for the first time in a long time. No nightmares of what had happened to both herself and her mother, no horrid dreams about how the herd would treat her once the child was born. In fact her dreams were sweet for the first time in a long time. She dreamed of being fully accepted as a mother in the herd, her child be colt or filly bonding with herself and others in a way she never got the chance to. She ever found someone to care for, as in her dreams Breeze had returned. Not only that, but she had a sweet little panther by her side to protect her when Breeze was not around.

But as fate so often had, it had other plans for her night. Strong gripping pain ripped through the red roan, dragging her away from dreamland and kicking and screaming back into reality. The reality was, the child of the bastard was ready to come out. If she thought she had been in pain then, now it was one hundred times worse. How had Mirage and so many other mares withstood such pain? Fearfully the fem screamed into the night, not caring now who found her. She could hope for one she trusted, but as this was her first born Kiara had not a clue what she was doing. Instinct was not taking over as she was to fearful of the pain. She pushed whenever she wasn't in pain, and screamed when she was. Keiran yowled softly, worried about his new bonded. He paced back and forth, nuzzling her neck and face from time to time. He was the only male she truly trusted in a moment like this, even if she wished for another to be around to sooth her.... Why couldn't she have a baby out of love?

Ready or not however she was bringing a new life into the world here and now. Keiran's gentle nuzzles had gotten Kiara to breathe and relax just enough to push when her body rippled with pain. It took while once she was calm enough for instinct to kick in. But at long last a beautiful baby boy was pushed into the world. At first the roan dared not look at her newborn. Her bonded cub sat at her face just licking her face. Finally she got enough courage to lean up and look at her child. What she saw was a mixture of disgust and love. He was bay leopard appaloosa with minimal spots and dark points. His face had a black blaze where her own had a white one. His eyes were a hauntingly light brown. Parts of him reminded her or the father, but at the same time he looked like her as well. Slowly she stood up, her legs shaking. Gently she nosed the child, followed by Keiran moving in and licking the colt clean.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
cliff image by John and Tina Reid at gettyimages.com

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil
[Image: tamtable.png]

TAMIRA

The screams woke me from my sleep and, startled, I bolted to my feet. My sleep-ridden mind, plagued by nightmares, panicked, and I found myself thinking that we were under attack. Who could have gotten past our borders in the middle of the night? Who wanted to, at that? But after a moment of wakefulness, I realized that there was only one voice, and it sounded vaguely familiar. Not the voice, the screams. They were familiar - why?

Concern colored my orbs in what might have been the first normal display of emotion since I was cured. I hadn't been myself at all in the weeks since, and although I felt horrendously guilty about it, a good deal of this had been lifted by Thor's explanation of my affliction. He had kept it from me; I kept myself from him. In a way, it almost seemed a fair trade, and now that the truth was out, I felt that perhaps we could even move forward. Which, actually, was what I did now at a fairly quick pace. I needed to find that voice. In the screams, there was pain, and fear, and desolation - all things that I had felt in abundance in my lifetime. Perhaps I could help.

I found myself shortly at the mouth of a small cave, and without hesitation entered. This, perhaps, was not the most intelligent approach in the world, as I soon noticed the small panther, seemingly in distress. But it was still young, and I doubted that it would pose much of a threat - but if it were older... I shuddered. Looking further, I took notice of the mare lying on the floor. Her belly was swollen with child, and I gasped, my own memories of childbirth not that far behind me. So that's what was familiar! I had gone through this, and by the panic that seemed to blanket this mare, I was sure that this was her first, as well.

Ignoring the threat that the little panther could pose, I strode purposely forward. "Take it easy," I murmured softly, my voice calm. "Breath, and push. Breathing will help." I kept up a string of calming words as I waited; I knew that it could not be too long until the foal entered the world now. Finally, a small appaloosa colt slid free. I took a step back, distancing myself from the panther, which had drawn closer, and from the new mother. Protective instincts ran high right after the birth, and I did not want to appear a threat. "He's beautiful," I offered with a smile, and then I waited in silence to be sure that they were both alright.

"talk"

If love is surrender, then whose war is it anyway?

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

Kiara</style>
World's Edge Nurse
</style>

(OOC: Sorry for the wait, my muse disappeared for a while)

It was Keiran that alerted the new mother to the presence of another. Her voice soothed the roan when she was in child birth, and drew her back from the thoughts of killing the bastard child. Why oh why had fate cursed her to have a son that looked do much like the... like him. "Th-thank you-u." She stammered slightly, her body still shaking from the stress the birth had put upon her. Keiran seemed to sense this and continued to clean the colt for her. It was not his job, but as she was to out of it to follow her instincts her bonded did it for her.

The colt however struggled to stand. It seemed fate could not even give her a completely healthy colt. Her attention turned to him groaning inside. He needed to eat if he was to survive. Slowly she turned, allowing the child to nurse. Keiran purred happily before moving towards the new mare. Gently he moved to rub against her front legs in a thanks. After all if it had not been for her Kiara may of struggled all night to birth the child. Quickly he returned to his bonded's side as she turned her head, the light catching her panther marking on her neck. "As long as you're part of the Edge you can come closer...." Her thoughts wandered to Mirage, wonder where the ebon mare was... Or Rishima.... Even Madryn or Maskan... They were all family to the little roan along with the rest of the Qian.... but that didn't stop her from wanting certain members present more than others.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

cliff image by John and Tina Reid at gettyimages.com

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
In my time on this earth I have learned a great many things.

The sky is blue. So too is the ocean. The sweetest grass to eat is green.

The sweetest blood to drink is that of a freshly killed gull.

Family is important. So important, that I never cease to surround myself with those who share my blood. Father, the strong, large masculine figurine who stands over us when we sleep, mother, the subtle shadow who graces us with her rarely given affections - and of course Semira, my nestmate, my sister from the womb. It is not often that we are seen apart, and this is no different. We wander in the wake of our mother, as we so often did, silently learning and observing all that occurs, sometimes not understanding everything until mother explains it for us later on.

Akaith flies above us, as she so often does, but she tumbles through the sky in a curious manner this night. It was not every night that mother allowed us to follow her, but something had called to her. Akaith sensed it, dear ones. We are to welcome a new sibling to the family this evening, is what she had said in explanation.

The process of birthing was a swift one, mother said. For if it dragged on too long, one was left prone, exposed to the elements and all things that may eat them for too long. While it was not often that she missed a birth, I could mother was anxiously saddened by the fact that she had indeed missed those very first few seconds.

"Kiara," she greeted the mare, looking to the colt that stood by her side. "Tamira," she added with a nod to the Nurse, gratitude flowing thickly in her voice as she silently thanked the chocolate maiden for being here where she had fallen behind. My sister and I stayed back somewhat, at the entrance of the cavern that my mother and Akaith entered without a step or wingbeat faltering. My own eyes drifted to the colt, taking in his dark, spotted appearance, standing alongside the spotted roan hide of Kiara, and the small, youthful panther. My scaled façade was mostly expressionless, the fact that my eyes were trained upon the colt betrayed the interest I held in him.

Lowering my muzzle so as to appear even smaller than my currently already diminutive stature, I entered the cave, received Akaith upon my back, and touched my mother's flank with the folds of my right wing. A low whicker rolled from my throat, a simple greeting, just as my mother, with concern behind her eyes, questioned Kiara.

"What will be his name?"
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~