the Rift

[OPEN] masterless puppet

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali
Vadim
                     I've lost myself somewhere along the way

Pale cloven hooves carry an equally pale body from the outskirts of the Edge toward the Foothills. The young stallion's journey is a slow one, as he has no reason to rush. There is no puppet master pulling his strings and rushing him headlong into something he does not completely understand or agree with. He is alone now with no one to answer to but himself and no one to speak with but he prefers it that way. It makes him feel as if he's his own stallion and not someone else's project. The slightest twinge of guilt gnaws at his gut as he thinks of his brother as the puppet master that pulled his strings for so long before finally disappearing. Was it his sudden disappearance that finally opened his eyes, the stallion wonders yet he knows that that particular reason is partly true.

Vadim's hooves come to rest when he is several paces across the border of the Foothills. He knows he's crossed into their territory and yet he remains where he is, seemingly unconcerned with his trespass. His knowledge of the Foothills is very basic, having left at such an early age in a quest for magic with his brother and never returning. Even then he heard of the constant changing of leads and knows now that it is a militant mercenary group that resides. He knows that the Chieftesses are Ophelia and Ktulu, his very own sisters, one of whom he'd only seen once when he was but a brash foal living in the forest and the other only knowing that she looks like his father. Good sense tells the stallion that he should turn and leave, but the stubbornness he's inherited from both of his parents makes him plant his hooves firmly in the lush grass of the Foothills.

Should he speak, he wonders. Should he call to them and tell him that he's here, or should he remain silent? Silence has always been his closest ally because he has never been one for words. Why is he even here? Does he really care to see his sisters? No, he doesn't think he is. They've never been concerned with their younger siblings. He doesn't even think he wants to join their ranks and yet he stands there motionless. Waiting. For what, he doesn't know and yet he waits. A puppet with no master to guide him.

Credits

Icon by Tay

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

Mother was mad.

I escaped from her side without Bear, and now I was being forced to remain within the borders of the Foothills "until she said". I was a growing boy now, with my body easily reaching the size of a small adult and growing each day. The seasons have turned four times, and I found myself turning a year old without much thought. The only thing that changed about me, aside from my physical size and flight prowess, was my want for adventure. I found myself lingering around the edges of the Foothills, sternly avoiding mother's wrath while staring longingly out at the wilderness. Mother loved me and wished for me to be safe, but I longed to see the world.

The world, which was never the same twice.

As I made my third full rotation about the borders, I finally snagged my eyes upon a new sight. I halt immediately, ears perking forward beside growing ram horns, my long flowing white forelock waving about in my face, silver strands glimmering in the Orangemoon sunlight. A white figure, with long locks and a serious looking face, a horn tinged blue. Something about this figure was very familiar, and as I look at his form from a distance, I just can't put my hoof on it. Wanting to know more about the stranger, I creep closer, my figure trying to stick close to the trees and bushes as best as I could, but still he is obscured from my bicolored view.

In frustration, I walk forward, brazened by my impatience, and stride up to the silent stallion, my small head held demurely as if I were a submissive filly. I am not, however, as my crown raises up past his withers, even if I am not fully grown yet. My two-toned eyes observe him quickly, bringing in his features, and that is why I lay the pieces into place.

Ophelia!

The delicate lines of her face were masculinized in this brute, but the tall, lithe figure was unmistakably like my aunt. "Hello, I am Hototo," I say quietly, looking up at the blue eyes of the stallion. "Are you a relative of mother and Ophelia?" I ask, my voice innocent enough, excited that this is a potential member of my family. Is he a cousin, my uncle, a great-uncle? I did not think he was my grandfather, for mother told me once that she looked much like him, while Ophelia resembled more of their mother.
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Vadim

Vadim is not standing there at the border long before another approaches him. His blue eyes catch sight of the hybrid that comes his way, sporing the horns and wings that tell of his dual races. There is no spark of hatred that ignites in the pale stallion's chest. No desire for the death of such a creature that burns red hot in his belly as his brother claims should. There is nothing but indifference etched onto his face and in his stance as he watches.

As the new comer draws closer a spark of interest reflects in the pale stallion's eyes. There is something remotely familiar about the colt that approaches him and yet the familiarity seems foreign. Alien. After a few seconds of staring at the younger male, Vadim snorts and resigns himself to the decision that whatever is familiar about him is part of his imagination. That is until the colt speaks Ophelia's name.

His blue rimmed ears tilt forward and spark of interest ignites once more. Ophelia, his older crimson and white sister he had met but one time. He remembers her quite well, her soft chime voice and the kindness in her eyes were quite unlike Varath's. This mother that the colt spoke of could only be his other sister, Vadim assumes, but he's never met Ktulu. He only remembers Varath's opinion of her. She's a bitch, if he remembers correctly.

A single nod of Vadim's head is given and his eyes drift away from Hototo to look across the landscape. "Sister." The single word escapes his lips in the deep scratchy rumble of a voice that is unused. He wonders if they will appear or if this odd hybrid will be the only one to greet him.

Credits

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

Ophelia saw a sight on the borders that confused her deeply. She had not seen her younger brother in a few years, and now he was taller, stronger and more adult. She could only hope some maturity accompanied this new figure, especially considering his and Varath's penchant for danger and darkness.

Hototo was near, and she moved swiftly to his side. While she did not think the boy incapable of protecting himself, she wanted to shelter him from whatever shenanigans Vadim had found himself in now. She turned her head and looked down at Hototo with a smile. His words had lingered on the wind as she came up on the two. "He is my relative, Hototo. As Vadim has said, he is a brother to your mother and I," she explained.

The white mare turned her gaze back to Vadim, the smile still on her lips but with an entirely different meaning. This smile promised violence and brutality to misbehavior; it was a warning. "Do be proper and introduce yourself to your nephew," she told her brother, nodding toward Hototo. "Did you and Varath get into more trouble than you can handle?" she asked, her tone not judgmental.

"The last I remember of you, you were trying to scare me when you were barely old enough to stand." She said a little quietly. Even at her young age, she had not been affected by his attempts to startle her. He was but a boy, her brother, if such a term actually fit their status. "What do you want here?" she asked.

BOOM | Horse | Background

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Vadim

The soft chime voice that he remembers filters in and the silver stallion's eyes find the pale form of his sister. He watches, head cocked, as she speaks to the son of his other sister. The look on her face is that of love. Vadim cannot remember the last time someone looked at him with that amount of love. It makes his chest hurt and he snorts to interrupt the little show of affection between aunt and nephew and squash the seed of jealousy that has been planted in his heart. Is he not good enough to be looked at with such affection? He bet that Ophelia and Ktulu looked at one another with affection.

Blue eyes drift to the younger male when he is told to introduce himself properly. Why? "Vadim." He says his name then looks back at his sister. There, his nephew knew his name now. Is that good enough? He hopes so. Introductions are long and tedious and he cares little to waste his breath on them. It is then that he notices the smile on her face finally and feels as if he has been coated in ice.

Another snort is given but it is coupled with a roll of his eyes when his sister mentions their brother. He'd ventured off long ago leaving Vadim alone. Perhaps that is a good thing for the silver and blue stallion. He's been forced to find his own path without the guidance of his brother. Lo and behold his own path has taken him far from the Basin and their unicorn only herd.

"What do you want here?"

"I..." He pauses and clears his throat. What was the last time he's spoken so much, even if only a few words? He cannot remember, for Varath had always done the speaking for them. Apparently he is too truthful when he speaks and that will only get him in trouble. "I do not know .. where Varath has gone." His throat hurt already and he clears it again. "Home... I want a home."

Credits

Icon by Tay