the Rift

[OPEN] time for a change.[crowley]

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

ZDRAVILO
Don't

She was here, home. Was this what her life would come to? Winter year round, and snowy drifting from the heavens? Zdravilo hoped this wasn't it. Many nights and many days had seen this small mare already, walking and running, across the lands of cherry oaks and weeping willows. She was exploring, wandering further and further away from the territory of her old home, the territory that she knew. This was foreign. The skies that cried snowflakes and then the snowy valley filled with a foot of crunching snow. She was venturing far out to the borders of the territory now, trying to see it all.

She had come upon this barren place, snow covered and freezing, with little vegetation, yet warmth glowed to her when she thought about it. The mountains rose, towering, into the sky. Her vision climbed, further and further, untill the peaks were seen. She had braved many winters before, and this one was no different, but secretly, she was scared at how long this winter would be... everlasting. Here in the basin, it was cold, and frozen year round.

Zdravilo struggled on, her raven body slowly getting coated with the frosty flakes. Soon, she would be white. Her face was naturally white though, baring the marking that only covered her ears, this was known as a medicine hat. Her mono-colored eyes, both golden chocolate, scanned the area ahead for any creatures. She spotted a figure in the distance, and while she could tell that it was not a horse, she didn't know what it was yet. She lowered her head slightly, and as she stared at it, the more the more was distorted. It was distorted into opacity then blew away. It had been a fluffy of snowflakes and nothing else.

So what should I do? I know know this is my home, and since Descaro never directly said when he wanted me patrolling with him and learning the history of this place, I was stuck in boredom. I wanted so badly to meet people, and this was my chance. Maybe someone else could give me insight of what and why this place was... home to so many. It seemed ancient and yet it seemed new. I personally couldn't tell what it was, but I knew unicorns were pretty cool. Others were a little... Dull. Yet they were still equal, weren't they?

OOC: Excuse the two perspectives. I am exploring options.

"blah blah blah."

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

Equine and Pegasi be damned to Hell, he was tired of the hideous mutations coming into his home. Each intruder had been handled accordingly and rather easily, of course, but the sheer number of those trespassing was growing at an alarming rate.

Today, though, it seemed that the Weaver had finally been cut a break. It had been quiet save for the billowing wind and the crunch of snow beneath his hooves, and while he was sure it would grow boring over time, he would relish it while he could. The snow was falling from the sky at a steady rate, but it was not overly cold. For a newcomer to the Basin, however, it might not seem that way, but the tundra sanctuary never truly reached the freezing temperatures of the rest of the Steppe. The land gifted to them by the God of the Spark was truly a blessing, even if some found themselves cursing the eternal winter at times.

It was a sharp woofing from Talbot that alerted Crowley they weren't alone. Lifting his head from the lake, the stallion cast a quick glance to his bondmate, then looked out across the expanse of the Basin. It was unlikely that any sort of unwelcomed company would get this deep into the land without somebody else noticing, so he wasn't surprised in the least when he spotted a a fellow unicorn approaching them. "They are just new," he assured Talbot, putting the pup at ease before he could dart off and go into a fit of barking. The hound had grown more courageous since his hatching, but he was still cowardly when he actually got close to any stranger bigger than himself.

Deciding that it wouldn't hurt to welcome somebody new to their ranks, Crowley pulled himself away from the side of the lake and approached the pale figure, who was almost lost in the ribbons of falling snow. At his side walked Talbot, who with perked ears of interest watched their target, hoping that they would not send his master into a frenzy of curses and flying hooves. Crowley could tell now that they, like himself, had a dual set of horns rising from their head. Only when he knew he could be seen did Crowley slow to a halt, standing just yards away from the spotted mare. "Are you lost?" He spoke up, his words teasing in their normal guise before dropping. "Welcome to the Basin; the name's Crowley, your Weaver."

I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

Unregistered

ZDRAVILO
Don't

The subtle breeze, sway of the trees, and flutter of snow was accompanied by a barking. Her head immediately shoot high. Her audits pointed forward. Her two tones orbs glanced around and did see a figure. Two to be exact. Her nostrils shook as air swooshed out of them. She let out a loud neigh. Loud and clear, but still feminine. As the creature came closer, she could easily see his traits and the dog beside him. He was rather strange looking, but not overly so. His coat resembled Obsidian. Brindeling of ivory surged down his coat from his spine. He had two horns. Both were identical and swirled upward. His eyes of a fine sunny color. He named himself Crowley. He was the herd's weaver. Zdravilo could be proud also, for she was the only Scourge.

Ah, it felt nice to be here. A home! They were all her type, and it was comforting. It wasn't boring as no two horses looked the same. She let a smile plaster on her velveteen lips. Zdravilo didn't understand why he stood so far. She didn't bite! Her career had just begun and never would she jeopardize her home and career for biting a weaver.

"No sir. I'm not lost, but it's nice to meet you Crowley. I go by the name Zdravilo, but feel free to come up with alias." He didn't seem like a super creative type, but he didn't look boring, so why not say that? Respectfully, she dipped her head, and lifted it back up after a moment. "I am a Scourge. It isn't as prestigious, but it is something." She knew she could move up eventually. She would work hard for it, and if you worked hard you could do many things. At least she was no longer a plain citizen. She finally had something to call herself.

OOC :: Kinda short.
"blah blah blah."

As he approached and the antlered mare let loose a shrill, reverberating call, Crowley found that he was unable to help but cringe. Such calls were not needed unless it was urgent, and after all, he had already spotted her and was heading her way... "Mares," he scoffed in his head as he pressed onward, the mare's pale figure growing more and more distinct with each step.

Once he had arrived and extended a welcome to her, Crowley listened with keen ears as she introduced herself as Zdravilo and tucked the name away into the depths of his mind. The Weaver knew well how important it was to remember names and the faces that went with them, for the Basin had already had its fair share of liars and traitors, such as the case with Valentine. The brindle nearly snorted in disgust at the thought of the crimson clad stallion, but he was quick to push them away lest he ruin this moment with the newest addition to the Basin.

At hearing the tobiano's rank, the slightest of smiles pulled at the Weaver's lips. If he remembered correctly, there were no longer any training beneath the Time Mender. He knew of the Nightshade's beloved nurse and the not so racist Lena, but other than that, there was nobody. Meeting the mare's strangely colored eyes with his own golden gaze, he quirked a brow in curiosity. "Have you met d'Artagnan yet? He is our Time Mender, your direct superior." Even though his wording might not have been the best, it was simply a fact.

Deciding to switch to a more simple topic, one that the paint might be more comfortable with, Crowley cocked a hind leg and prepared himself for what might be an earful. In front of him, Talbot had settled back down and made himself quite at home sitting between the brindle's front legs, looking up to the mare with youthful curiosity. Having grown used to the pup's favorite spot to sit, Crowley adjusted his eyes back upon the mare. "So, Vilo... Do you mind if I call you that?" There was a short pause, as if allowing her a moment to answer, before he continued on. "What's brought you here to the quaint land of Helovia? And if I may ask, why take an interest in the art of a Scourge?"

Unregistered

The Scourge
And it is, I, Zdravilo.

Quickly, Crowley was found as confident, and dominnt. He spoke in a way that screamed 'Tough Guy - Watch Out!' She was half heartily expecting to see a ripple in his muscles as he moved, but it didn't happen. Still, Macho Man, was her first thought. Something about the placement of his hooves or the eerie shadows of a mane and tail told her to be cautious. So she indeed was.

Deeart-a-gnan? What kind of name is that? She thought in her mind, yet she knew she was not one to judge. The name 'Zdravilo' was an odd one also, and everyone she told her name to knew it. She smiled at Crowley. She had not met this so called Time Mender, but she was rapidly more and more interested. She parted her lips to speak, but her voice didn't come... Crowley's did.

She stood idly for a moment listening to him. "So, Vilo... Do you mind if I call you that? What's brought you here to the quaint land of Helovia? And if I may ask, why take an interest in the art of a Scourge?" His voice came, and Zdravilo knew the answer to his question in less than a blink of an eye. She'd been asked this already, and she was pleased to give him an answer. "I have not met Deeart agnan, but I probably should. I am fine with being called Vilo. I kinda like that name, do you? Well, I just didn't enjoy the ravenous wake of my old lands, but Helovia is agreeable, wouldn't you say?" She gaze him a shy smile and let her head tilt so her muzzle came closer to her chest. Her home is a topic she'd rather not discuss, but hey, maybe Crowley could sweat it out of her. "The 'art' of medicine fascinates me. Helping horses and animals heal puts me on a better side, and I am strong in the mind, but less so in muscles." She hoped he'd understand because if they got into a deeper conversation, she'd bore easily. That was another thing about healing, there were different type of injuries. Fighting was so boring to her because the only goal was fight.

"blah blah blah."

At the agreement of the mare's shortened name, Crowley couldn't help but chuckle. "It's certainly much less of a mouthful than Zdravilo," he proferred in way of an answer, then settled back into silence as the tobiano went on to speak of Helovia. He supposed it was better here than in Etaine, where the equines had sought to kill and maim any holding a horn upon their head. In Etaine, the equines were envious of unicorns, for they were thought to be creatures of magic, something that was not acceptable in the land.

Often times, Crowley compared the two lands closely to one another. In Etaine, equines hunted unicorns for their magical abilities, many of which didn't know a lick of magic. Here, it seemed everyone hunted everyone, but namely the Plague which hunted anyone without a horn. Maybe they weren't so different after all.

It was with interest that Crowley listened to Zdravilo's answer, pleased that she was able to provide one so quickly when asked of her choice of rank. Honestly, he'd been expecting a long pause before she could finally come up with one, so this was a pleasant surprise. She claimed that she was fascinated by the art, something which he could agree on given d'Artagnan's abilities, but he couldn't say he was completely in awe of the latter part of her answer.

"Horses and animals?" He questioned rhetorically, cocking an ear to the side as he thought a moment. In the depths of his mind, he wondered if she even knew much of the Basin yet, or had caught word of the Plague. He doubted either, but he would find out.

"Might I give you a scenario, Vilo?" A pause was given, granting the mare time to answer before the Weaver continued. "Let's say you happen upon an ailing Pegasus from a neighboring herd. We could use the World's Edge as an example; they are calling for help, for they've fractured one of those precious bones in their wings. Would you help them?"

As he spoke, it was increasingly difficult not to seethe at the thought of helping one of those forsaken, winged freaks. But with a deep breath, Crowley was able to keep his expression clean of any disgust. He could only hope that she would answer to his liking.

Unregistered

The Scourge
And it is, I, Zdravilo.

Like quicksand, I had sunk. This conversation drawing me closer, deeper, and more in depth than I would have traditionally enjoyed more. Crowley had a way with his words, it wasn't obvious, but noticeable. My audits swivel forward, attentive. The stag had come up to me to be nonchalant, but the more we talked, I could tell he wanted to know something.

What did he want to know?

Lifting her head high and proud, she spoke. "Zdravilo is the same length as Crowley. To be honest Crowley, I do think my name is unusual, but yours isn't exactly easy to say. Yes'm. Horses... and animals. Tell me about this scenario." I know I get defensive of my name, but at least there was an easy tone carrying the words. I let my breath stagger in and out of my lungs. The coldness of it stung my lungs, but I had become fond of this snow, this herd, this life.

I listened to the scenario.

It was a conflicting scenario, if I answered incorrectly Crowley would hate me. I knew what I had to say. "I would look at the animal in the eyes, turn, then walk away. There would surely be other healers around for the wound, right? If the Pegasus couldn't fly ever again, that would be it's fault, for it was clumsy in the sky." I nodded softly while speaking. Inside my brain, a little voice screamed and raked the confining walls of the mind frame of racists. I let not a hint of falsity touch my expression or voice. Anyone could believe this, but that is, if they couldn't read minds.

"blah blah blah."