the Rift

Gold Bleeding{Cirrus, Training Spar, Whit}

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A fine day for feathered friends was afoot. The Brother Sun had just finished pushing the peeking sun up into the sky, Sister moon was now napping, and Father Earth was clearly in a quiet mood today, for few creatures had chosen to stir as of yet. I take flight from my homeland with a yawn, it was time for morning exercise. The fluctuating currents and columns are no match for my dancing skills today as I weave and dive and slice the air. I've certainly come a long way from the small, previously unskilled horse I once was, I think quietly to myself. However, today, I find that these mere executions of maneuvers is not enough for me. My muscles, mind, and lungs are all tuned to the best of their abilities for now, and cannot go further until I bite the wood, and complete my first spar.

I cut short my waltz as soon as my muscles have awoken from their morning stiffness. Gold splashed wings fold in on themselves as I allow myself to execute a bone rattling, heart-stopping, adrenaline pumping dive towards the ground. I watch the sand grow closer and closer with every half beat of my heart until, at the last moment possible, I pull up.
It takes me a wingbeat more than I estimated though, and I land with a great puff of dust that collects on my body instead of rolling off as it used to.(I really was going to talk to Father Earth about that)

Despite the somewhat flopped landing, I shake my body and coat and let out a loud whoop of excitement as if I'd meant to cause the flying sand. All the while casting my pupil-less blue orbs about to see if any were nearby enough to take me up on an offer of a spar.

[Word Count: 309
Type:Sparring match
Numbers: 3 rounds + Closing defense
Setting: Dragons Throat, mid-morning. The day is semi-cloudy. The spar will take place between the Oasis and the Ocean(yes, I kinda stole the setup, but I love the setting, and its been a while since I started something).
Others: Magic/companion allowed. Eios has none
Count Max: 800 words]

"speaking"

Image Credits

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

Cirrus
& Sitka
The warm embrace of dawn was upon us.

The rising of the Sun always brought curious emotions with them. It was just after the great fiery orb had risen that we had moved from the comforts of our sleeping space in the Oasis, taken the usual route along the curious wave of the Throat, and found the deceased carcass of our fallen father. My little cloud has not slept past the awakening of the rising sun since that day, and neither have I. I am, natively, a creature of darkness and nightmares, so the early mornings, or late nights, as it were, did not disturb my patterns of rest and activity. But I felt the shift in routines wear down upon my little cloud, I saw them make their mark upon her body - she was maturing, growing up, altering her way of life in order to cope with the past that haunted her so.

As the day matures past its beginning and slowly enters its morning, we are seen to be walking, myself with my thick, wiry hide shining sleekly beneath the sun, my beloved, with clouds spattered across her otherwise sky blue pelt. I am glad to see that the weather only rarely changes with her mood now, she seems more conscious of the effect her emotions have on it - the dreary, misty, rainy, cold, horrible weather that plagued us for months after the fall of Azzuen had finally cleared up, though the internal scars, that only I was capable of seeing, would forever remain, his memory would never be lost so long as we lived. The sands below did not stir much as we walked, the winds were quiet today, making it easier to breathe, as less dust was lifted with each step.

Wingbeats overhead drew our matching cerulean gazes to the skies above, and the pale form of a stallion became apparent. A pause entered our motion ,and we tracked his aerial path, admiring the skill with which he entered a steep descent, each of us wincing as he collided with the earth in a great wave of sand. Cirrus' wings opened slightly as she moved into a trot, and I into an easy lope beside her, as we moved first with concern, and then with excitement as we hear his cheerful challenge. I had not seen my beloved in action before, though I know she used her father's spear to hunt for me, before we bonded. I barked a jubilant yip as I watched her expertly reach to her left wing joint and extract the wooden handle, twirling it about her tongue as with a great sweep of her wings, she further stirred the sand and accepted this stallion's challenge.

I sat on the sidelines, so to speak, a silent observer, a loyal supporter of my beloved. I was gleeful to see the energy that ignited within her at the thought of testing her skills against a stallion who seemed at a similar level of maturity to her, albeit built very differently. Where she was stocky and thick, he was more slender and long - both were advantageous in their ways, and I felt the thought of wonder dribble through her as to just how agile he would be on his feet. Tucking her wings close to her bodice, my little cloud approached his left shoulder, feinting with her spear even though she was still several strides away. With a laugh, however, she spat the tool from her mouth and watched it thud upon the ground - such a sharp point was not necessary to use against a herdmate, and she was not yet skilled enough to use only the blunt end.

"Bring it on!" Her voice sang out to him, a playful smirk upon her lips as her forelegs left the earth, her hindlegs surging her bodice forward. Teeth were flashed behind those curved lips, but it was not in a large grin, but rather, an attempt at clamping down upon the folds of skin that existed at the joint of shoulder to wing, on Vayu's left side. As her nape stretched out to make the move, her knees tucked up high against her chest, which then rocked forward with her momentum, aiming to ram against his shoulder area, beneath where she was trying to bite him. I grinned a canine grin at the antics of the winged ones, my tongue lolling out the side of my lips in happy observation. It was going to be a good day.

[ ooc :: The magic that affects her appearance is passive.
1/3 attack posts
0/1 defence posts
755 words
0/2 magic/companion ]
image credits
table by whit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Official Posts: 847
    Administrator
    Stallion :: Equine :: ::
    Official
    21 days have passed. Eios defaults to Cirrus.
    Cirrus receives 1 VP.