Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

It was the day after Kri’s meeting. Africa rose early from a restless sleep, bothered by the barrage of grim information provided, all of which she was not entirely certain she understood. A dilution of pale burnt orange and blue seeped with the growing light out from the horizon of lofty sandstone cliffs to the east- the terrain was rugged yet beautiful, and Africa often paused to watch the sun rise into a fresh, clean day. Pale, creamy eyes watched that which ordinarily might have caused her young heart to flutter with life and vigour, but she was not roused. News of the hatred leaking down from the northern lands seemed to have cast an ominous blanket across the desert, and it felt to her like none could escape the weight.

The dapple grey horse turned as the sun finally broke clear and shed its first ferocious light through the territory; it was too bright, and seemed to violate the humble mood of the herd. While the threat looming in Basin was a worrying distraction for her kin though, Africa felt a surge of determination writhe through her body, and she was more inclined now than ever to find a tutor and begin studying the arts of mending.

She walked quietly, her gait for once placid and unobtrusive as she passed through the thicket near to the oasis’s rich centre. Scanning the golden embankment fencing the rippling blue water, Africa greeted the folk she saw with a warm murmur. She had seen and spoken to Cirrus on one occasion already, having delivered Ahi safely into her masterful arms to heal. She remembered the strange blue masking the mare's kind eyes, and the strange almost wolf-creature who had stationed at her side, Sitka. Perhaps, she might be easier to find than Onni.

Negotiating carefully around the water’s slippery edge, Africa continued her search somewhat without direction, not sure where either physician spent the waking hours. It was still early though and time was for once in her favour. Africa pleased herself with doubt that the horses would have abandoned the desert for duty already, Healing, fixing... She imagined with an enthused smile. She hoped too, that it was not to soon for her to be addressing her quest; her dream.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
The warm embrace of dawn was upon us.

The rising of the Sun always brought curious emotions with them. It was just after the great fiery orb had risen that we had moved from the comforts of our sleeping space in the Oasis, taken the usual route along the curious wave of the Throat, and found the deceased carcass of our fallen father. My little cloud has not slept past the awakening of the rising sun since that day, and neither have I. I am, natively, a creature of darkness and nightmares, so the early mornings, or late nights, as it were, did not disturb my patterns of rest and activity. But I felt the shift in routines wear down upon my little cloud, I saw them make their mark upon her body - she was maturing, growing up, altering her way of life in order to cope with the past that haunted her so.

As the day matured past its beginning and slowly entered its morning, we are seen to be walking, myself with my thick, wiry hide shining sleekly beneath the sun, my beloved, with clouds spattered across her otherwise sky blue pelt. I am glad to see that the weather only rarely changes with her mood now, she seems more conscious of the effect her emotions have on it - the dreary, misty, rainy, cold, horrible weather that plagued us for months after the fall of Azzuen had finally cleared up, though the internal scars, that only I was capable of seeing, would forever remain, his memory would never be lost so long as we lived. The sands below did not stir much as we walked, the winds were quiet today, making it easier to breathe, as less dust was lifted with each step.

The outline of a grey mare soon became apparent as we continued our march, the clear weather allowing easy visibility across our deserted home. We no longer slept at the Oasis where we used to, but rather, found comfort at another corner of the Throat that we shared only with each other, finding the company of the majority of the herd whilst trying to sleep - and often not succeeding in finding said slumber - was counterproductive. At least when it was just us, we could concentrate on honing our skills together, each of us working away at the insomnia with midnight fitness routines, or discovering new ways to heal, perhaps trying different elixirs, or poultices. The art of healing was not necessarily one that my beloved thought herself completely suited to, but that did not stop her from trying to embrace it wholly.

"Africa!" Her friendly tones called out to the mare, that same smirk curving her lips in a devious, playful manner as she approached the mare. When one learned to read the body for signs of unwellness, other things often became apparent - a gesture, the silent language of the body became more pronounced. I felt my bonded look at the way Africa carried herself, the way the mare seemed to be looking for something, or someone - perhaps her new friend, Ahi? - and I felt the curiosity swell within the breast of my little cloud. "Have you lost someone?" Cherubic tones asked kindly, her head tilting laterally, like a young pup would tilt his crown at an unusual sound or an interesting smell. I walk beside my beloved, her silent guardian, as always, my gaze ever watchful for anything that might threaten this fragile peace we have obtained.
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
    Deceased
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
    Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
    [Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
    The ground below is crumbling
    Look up
    The stars are all exploding

Completed only a quarter of the way, Africa’s journey around the eroded rim of the lake had been so far fruitless. A quiet sigh heaved against the steady, gentle rock of her ambling body- her gait having slowed slothfully in record time when the impatient enthusiasm of the search’s beginning found no immediate traction. She squinted, peering right, out across the shimmery white glare cast by the sun’s radiant reflection contemplatively.
    When she had met Cirrus previously, quite by chance in fact, Africa had marvelled adoringly at the use of healing magic. No matter how exclusive it had been, nor how excluded from the act Africa had been, the connection which had been obvious to any with an open mind, increased her curious desire to learn and reinvent the purpose in her otherwise dull and unfulfilling existence. Africa wanted to learn how to heal (even if the method used by Cirrus, was a little distracted from her own wish to blend different flowers, leaves and the like to craft balms and oils- technique which was so far only a rousing dream).

The day would be warm and dry she thought pensively, though such was hardly uncommon, and her wandering gaze caught the rare gape of a fish’s bony jaws breaking the calm undulation of the open water.
    “Africa!” A pleasant, friendly voice rang through the low hum of noise in the air about the lake. Her white face snapped away from the ripple where the fish had been, tracing the greeting with a cheerful expression back to Cirrus who was quickly approaching. A softer smile, filled with more understanding than it previously had, was offered to the mare’s companion too. Sohalia had been an asset to Africa’s need to understand the strange Helovian culture, and had explained perfectly enough the bond uniting an animal such as Sitka, to its horse. A respectful breath followed, wordless but museful. Perhaps one day she would find the other piece of her heart- the part which before Helovia, she had not even realised was missing.

Hi Cirrus, Sitka.” The young horse called quickly, undoubtedly delighted to see the duo. Face to face (comfortably) with Africa, the other mare paused her step and asked, "Have you lost someone?". “No, no.” The grey mare giggled lightly, lifting her pallid face away from a sudden onslaught of internal guilt, and she thought aloud- “well yes, I suppose. But I will return to Ahi’s side as soon as I can- his health improves by the day!” As her eyes opened, bright and without shame, they resumed their wonderstruck hold on Cirrus’s unusually hued coat. She wondered in fleeting reflection how she could possibly have missed the bright, sky blue hue, and the patchwork of clouds that seemed to be... wait, shifting across the other mare's body. Africa blinked astonished, but dragged her wilful stare away to find the healer’s eyes.

Actually...” She began quietly, and while the determination remained she suddenly felt a little silly, unsure and nervous that her aspiration to one day heal for the Throat might be shunned. She took a steady breath. “... Well, Sohalia mentioned to me the other day that I might be able to visit you or Onni about studying to become a herd shaman.” Her face flushed hot with blood, but she held a brave level of poise outwardly. This was the beginning of her future after all, and first (or second) impressions surely counted.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
    Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.