[FINISHED] All I've Got Is Insane

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

[Image: w2oojd.png]
i push my fingers into my eyes
it's the only thing that slowly stops the ache

"Swear on it?" my breath was short from the game of chase. A short pause; "Of course, silly." She moved away, the last time I saw her. If only I knew that. Her mane, long and nearly perfect white, drug across the emerald tainted ground. Mother. Why had she left? It was so long ago, I hadn't even remembered. A black wolf: ivory teeth bared, the ends stained in red. Mother's scream. Telling me to run. But she had just told me to calm down, it was almost time for bed. Running. Flailing, lanky legs. Heart beating so fast. What was happening? The wolf, it cut me off, snarling. Mother's blood soaked in its black and gray muzzle. My muscles all clench tightly.

My body lurched, tearing me from the nightmare. Sweat drenched my dark pelt, covering every square inch that it could. I looked like my father with this black pelt. How I hated him. Breathing heavily with my heart racing, I brought myself to dizzy feet, shaking my mane from my saturated neck. Why did this always happen? Taunting me in the only time of peace I had. Why didn't They help me? The gods had to know of this torture. What were they to do about it? Nothing so far. I couldn't -no- wouldn't be selfish, others could be in worse predicaments. This is something I can challenge myself.

The cold night wind licked at my wet body, causing a hard shiver to ripple over my shoulders and the left portion of my barrel. Hopefully there weren't any nosy fuckers around. This was surely not the mood to stumble across me in. My long legs carry me forward, darkness evading my vision. Nights like this always left me with a sleepless night. Shadows danced off of trees, casting themselves across the lush ground. Red eyes watched the ground for a pleasant looking cluster of vegetation.

I spotted a small bunch of grass, the depth of my rib cage growling on queue. The night air revealed nothing by myself and a few stragglers, but they didn't seem to close. Red tipped ears rotated, searching for anything out of the ordinary, but finding nothing. Thank the Gods. My neck curved and dropped, allowing my muzzle to dip into the dew covered grass. It must have been nearing morning, as the condensation usually didn't develop until the coldest point of the night, which was almost always near morning.

I lipped the vegetation, pulling it from its' roots in mouthfuls. No flavor, as always. I could not taste. Why? Good question, I wish I had known. Moisture, I could feel it. This was satisfying at the least. Though I shouldn't complain; my sense of smell was so much better due to this. That's what Mother and Father had told me anyhow. I could always smell what they couldn't. I could feel my stomachs were satisfied for now, leaving me with nothing to do.

I brought my head back up, letting a sigh roll from my narrow chest. I was built like Mother: the perfect Thoroughbred, I would always be proud of that. The red markings on my mug were tinted dark red like fresh blood due to the water that stuck to me from the grass. Does every one else notice things like this? I am much to over-observant.

This land was for newcomers, I was told that by Mother. We had always traveled the outskirts of what they called Helovia. Never did I think I would be here one day. Possibly to find a mare, keep my lineage going. Unlikely still. That would happen in the future, maybe.

Hour passed slowly. So slowly in fact, that I felt as if I were completely aged as they sun began to swallow the tops of the trees that towered above my head. I moved to a tree, rubbing my left hindquarter on it's bark and leaving a few hairs on it. They shouldn't be falling out? The cold months were coming, not going. Curious, but I wouldn't keep it on my mind all day.

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I watched the young boy for a little while. It didn't appear as though he had saw me yet. He was definitely not a native to Helovia but I, for one, could not tell if he had any knowledge of Helovia before his arrival. I was not a damn mind reader. Didn't plan to be either.

As he scratched his rear on the tree, I chuckled. I was not a stalker tonight, today, nor in any way. I emerged from my cover with a smirk on my face. My tightly tucked, ink black wings were let loose slightly by my side. Only when I got out in front of the colt did I slightly lower them. I was ready to either fight or take to the skies. My trust never had a clue what anything or anybody was gonna do. I didn't quite think I would have much problems out of this being.

"'Singing a song of a lonely road and a black night.' Or knight. Whichever provokes your fancy I suppose." I chuckle lightheartedly. It wasn't much of a real chuckle, just kind of one of those things that lingered in the air. He was a youngster, however. You could smell it. Also in his actions.

"So you got a name, young 'en? Or're you just wandering around lost?" This question was real and I meant it. My crimson eyes bored into his own and I lifted my right front leg slightly to shift my muscly weight to all fours. My blood red markings stood out against my jet black body. Almost like a blood-painted midnight sky, there to haunt me of my actions from the past. They made me smile.

"Talk" - Actions

[Image: w2oojd.png]

The wind shifted a few degrees, carrying with it the new and unexpected scent of a nearby body. If it could, the hair would have risen all the way up my spine like a demonic Halloween cat. The near silent chuckle that emerged from the woods struck his brain hard, sending a hard pulse through his body. Ears flicked toward the source of the sound just as a large black mare emerged from the darker wooded region. Her body was cloaked with two extra appendages that hung from her sides. The image of manic winged brute flashed through my scrambled brain, sending me into a confused anger.

The female neared me, drawing in closer and closer with her wings cocked as if I were going to jump forward and rip her fucking throat out. If I were in any worse of a mood, I suppose I could. This bitch didn't know any better though. The gods wouldn't be very happy if I were to unleash on an innocent bystander. Just as I had made these simple assumptions, she began to ramble. She repeated a word that I hadn't even actually been paying attention to, but apparently it meant something to her at the moment. She was close enough for me to see the red patterns displayed across her body. "Tribal markings" was the first thing that popped into my brain, my conscience spitting the words at me as if I were an idiot.

A heavy smell hung on her dark coat, but what it was I really couldn't decipher. What did it matter anyway? This mare was either bonkers or just an odd bitch. I parted my red splattered jaw in hopes to get a word in, possibly to insult her babbling mouth, before she once again spoke. She wanted my name, and if I was wandering around, lost? I can't keep up with her strange pronunciation of words. Did she have some other mental deficiency that I could not see so far? "Voodoo." My voice was rough for my age, thick and raspy as if I had a chest cold, but without the cracking.

Hopfully she wouldn't stand around for too long and just bother me. This female seemed more irritating than anything, surely no one would want to be trapped in a land with her. The gods even knew where she came from, besides the fact that she was a pegasus. That alone was enough for me to steer clear of this fucked up draft. Red tipped ears rotated back, finding anything that could have been around once again. The sun kept slowly engulfing the partially cloudy sky.

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi
It was almost day time when Descaro finally reached the Threshold after having an interesting chat with Zdravilo. He had gone for a walk to turn over the words and found himself once again entering the forest that was for claiming. Strangers came into Helovia through here and it was his job to dutifully direct his own species to the land they should be joining. The land that was like a fortress and harboured incredible magic as well as well trained warriors. If it was safety they sought then there was no better place, if they sought a life of a warrior then there was also no better place. Well, in Descaro's eyes anyway and if they sought to rid the world of the other species that plagued this land then they were more than welcome to aid them. The plague always opened it's doors to those who had enough hate in them. The Soldier liked to think he had a selling point for the Basin in nearly all the areas. If he was a business man, he'd be the most dangerous. Well, again, in Descaro's own mind.

He carefully picked his way through the forest, enjoying the coldness of the retreating night and the cover the shadows gave him. His soft pink nose found old scents and he continued scouring until finally he stumbled upon something new. There was one, no two scents that he had never smelt before. Withers dithered as a fly tickled him and he headed off in the direction of strangers. The only thing notable about him was his crystal horn and his one white snip, the physical features that identified him as Descaro of the Aurora Basin. Though one may also note his ripped body that was adorned in folds of black mane and a tail like pitch. It was a matter of minutes until he finally stumbled across a unicorn and a feather brain.

The soldier scowled at the pegasus mare, not really bothered whether she be offended by it or not. He did not quite care for the way she spoke to the colt who seemed to not know where he was. Instead he addressed the black coated boy with a jovial smile "that's a scary name, I like it though all the same Voodoo. My name is Descaro, I'm a Soldier from the Aurora Basin. Our land is like a fortress, impressive to look at, we could do with a few young colts like you. We have many who are your age and I'm sure they'd be willing to call you friend." His voice was polite and smooth as he addressed the colt and completely ignored the idiot with feathers. He had enough control over his racism to not completely lunge for her, luckily.

xxsimplicity-stock | fantasydesignstock @ da

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I chuckle once more, my blood red eyes scanning both of them. Recruiting young members I see? Striking gullible minds while the iron is hot? Oh, what a pity. I had never fancied the Basin and their racist twigheads. You can't trust them, or anyone for that matter. Something struck my mind, but my wits covered it up and I soon forgot about it, showing no sign of even the slightest thought.

"So nice to meet you, Voodoo." I rolled my eyes. Forget the young and foolish one. My eyes then glared at Descaro, as if I gazed long enough I could pierce through into his brain. The frowns and signs and glares he was giving me was in no doubt unfriendly and unwelcoming. I cared not for him. He did not faze me nor break me in slightest.

I wasn't good at making friends anyway. I didn't need too many vulnerabilities. Friends was one of those things I could go forever without needing. Something I chuckled at. More thoughts then popped into my mind and I shoved them aside as well with a sigh.

I sarcastically smile "Oh, forgive me! Your kind believes races should bow to you, correct?" With this I give a most sarcastic slight curtsy. It's apparent in my voice I am not serious, nor will I ever be. And my liking for the Basin shrinks evermore.

"Let me make it apparent that racist and arrogant pricks are nothing to bow to." With that, my large wings are thrust open and it appears as though night itself had swallowed the forest for a split second. I take off, red blending in with a blur of black and I burst through the canopy.

[[ooc: Sorry for the short leave! Plot idea came up in my head. :3

Great threading with you guys, even though it was cut short. :)]]

"Talk" - Actions

[Image: 11qrbdc.png]
Credits; okbrightstar-stock.deviantart.com
Table by Frostie

My red painted nostrils flared at yet another scent of a new comer, peaking my curiosity once more. What the fuck was this? A party? I turned my attention to another dark shade that moved through the dimly lit woods, emerging as a brilliant stallion who wore a dazzling horn proudly. His expression so bluntly shuddered at the sight of the feathered female, making me grin with pleasure and let out a near silent chuckle. I was smaller than he, but obviously still growing, as I am young. I gave a sharp nod at the mare after she spoke.

The brutish unicorn complimented my name, adding that he was a soldier from a land called the Aurora Basin. That's the one. The slithery voice expelled from the depths of my brain, throwing at me an image that I had created in my imagination as a foal. Mother explained a cold, snowy land, hidden in the shadows of mountains. My dark eyes bored into the mare's, raising my eyebrows ever so slightly before turning it back to the male. "I've heard wonderful stories, Descaro. And I will pull my weight."

The feathered female blabbed on again, dropping her front half with an attitude directed toward the two. The consideration of throwing my front hooves into the back of her head struck my fancy. Now was not the time. I stood in place silently with a smirk crossing my mug. "We never said it aloud, but it's good that every one knows." Her wings unfurled once she put in a few more cents of her opinions, pushing her massive body into the air, only to disappear seconds later. My attention directed itself to Descaro, raising a brow slightly as if questioning the mare's words. "I would love to call the Basin my home."

IS IN YOUR HEAD