the Rift

[OPEN] Long Time Gone

Query Posts: 48
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
Nogard
Query had spent several seasons just roaming around Helovia calling no where in particular home. After the Sun God came and started burning the foothills Query decided that she wanted nothing to do with that again. She had been through losing her home to fire once before, and she didn't want to stick around and witness it yet again.

But like all the other times she grew lonely again. Missing the companionship of others she once again sought to find a new home. She knew that she didn't want to try to go back to the Foothills afraid of what would be or even worse what wouldn't be there. So she figured she'd try her luck here at the edge. She also knew better than to just intrude upon a territory where she wasn't from. So she waited at the what she knew to be the border.

Query had heard that the edge had gone through a change of ownership after she left and she was hoping that she would be able to run into a few familiar faces. Rumor had it that Mirage was the one in charge. And she knew that Mirage had once before gave her an invitation to join her and her small group known as the Qian. She knew a few of the other people from there back when they had a meeting.

Most of all she wondered if she did run across any familiar faces would they remember her. After all she's been gone for at least half a year. A lot had changed in the small time that she was here. And she wondered just what was going on in the world now.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
As the mists curled up around my knees, I became vaguely aware that the heart of summer was beginning to vanish and the cool of fall and winter was soon to approach. I hadn’t yet been ready to see the warmer months fade, but as every season ended a new one was always waiting to replace it.

I had been lucky enough to acquire Essetia’s company that morning during a routine patrol but she had run off sometime in the midst of it in favor of rolling around with Romul in the tall grasses. I longed for the simplicity of her life and the ease of her nature- she was always so unaffected. I pondered what life might feel like to be so unaware and uncaring and then I realized that it would be lonely. Essetia had Tamira and I to coddle her and love her when she persisted, but as an adult, I simply couldn’t see the likelihood of being catered to.

I envied my daughter for her simplicity, but I did not envy it enough to seek its replication.

As I followed diligently along the beaten path that many warriors before me had done as well, I wondered where I would have ended up if I had believed in such a duty. Would I spend every morning and evening pacing the same line, revisiting the same set of footprints? I couldn’t imagine where I would be if it were not for Mirage’s faith in me- her trust that I would be able to lead alongside her as her equal. Though, at times I still felt inadequate and while many of my fellow family members supported me, I still got the sense that I was not as prevalent here as I would have liked. Over time I knew that I would be recognized for my patience, but it was now just becoming a question of when?

The scent that often accompanied those of the Edge was something unlike anything other. It was sweet and light and often salty. We were made of the air and the mists and the waves below the cliff and I was happy that I had been able to call this my home since stumbling into the Threshold last FrostFall. However, my comfort here had also allowed me to detect when those not of my herd lie in wait along my borders. That’s not to say that every outsider was deviant or malicious, but with so many threats made at the Edge’s safety, it was all I could do to avoid charging at the pleasant white mare that now stood upon my doorstep.

However, now that we had imprisoned Ignita, I felt a little better about approaching her with a smile. She was a curious looking creature, for her face was marked with a fragile curve of ink. I wondered if the symbol held any meaning, but then rethought how I might look staring at her with wide eyes as if trying to implore her for waiting patiently for someone to assist her.

Great way to make an ass of myself.

I don’t suppose you’re just here for pleasure, so is there something I can help you with?” I didn’t feel the need to add just who I was or why I cared about her presence in my home because I decided that I would let this mare figure it out for herself, after all, they were often very intellectual creatures. She would understand in time.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

OOC| Derp at this post. The next one will be better I promise. xD

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Sakura</style>

My hooves pounded into the ground of my home. I was wild and free and able to do what I want. After all, I was a whole big six months old now. As the days grew longer and the days of TallSun progressed, my sister and I both grew stronger. I wished there was something I could do about my sister's eyes.... Maybe a visit to the Vein of the Gods I have heard so much about? It wouldn't hurt to pray to them at least. My big brother seemed to respect them, as did many members of the herd. I have yet to try my own magic on her, but I fear it won't work. All my day dreaming distracted me from where I was going or what I was doing. I could her my mother's voice calling me back, but instead I decided to make her chase me for once. After all, she spent so much time caring for Takara that she never really spent time with me. My big brother Aaron with his companion Alanna and Daddy with Kiba were more interesting anyway. But sometimes a girl just wants the attention of her momma, and all of it.

My hooves pound harder into the ground, lengthening my strides. I was going to be super fast one day, maybe as fast as Daddy. After all I would need to know how to fight and be a good medic on the battlefield... I was distracted from my game of chase by a voice... It sounded like our WeyrLeader Thor! It had been a while since I had seen him and since I wanted to prove to all the adults I was more independent than they all thought I could be I set off to meet up with him and whoever he was speaking to.

It didn't take long to find him, near the boarder of World's Edge. He was speaking to a mare not much older than mother? Maybe mother's age? Either was she was pretty, even has a really cool marking on her face... It ever cooler than my heart on my head. In my excitement I forgot that it may not be the best idea to give away who was who in the herd just yet. "Hello Mister WeyrLeader Thor Sir, Ma'am" Ok ok, not the most adult way of greeting the leader... but it'll do for now.

"talk talk talk"
MY HEART IS EVER AT YOUR SERVICE.
credits: how-you-remind-me and phototori @ deviantart.com

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily

The farther away her daughter got, the louder Solstice had called for her to come back. Finally, with a snort Solstice told Takara to stay put and gave chase. It became clear that Sakura wanted her mother's undivided attention. With a shake of her head she dug in to give chase to her daughter. This was a time the mare wished she had a companion. At least then she could keep tabs on both girls at one time. Hazel eyes looked for Aaron and Alanna as she ran, at least they could maybe go keep tabs on Takara. She didn't want to be a burden on any other members of the herd.

However Sakura had changed directions, heading for the boarder. Oh, i'm getting to old for these games... The mother edged her speed faster. It was then she could hear her daughter speaking to... Of all horses one of the WeyrLeaders. Well at least Thor would see that he was not alone in dealing with mischievous children. Sorry to interrupt... Sakura I told you to come back here. Hazel eyes flash warningly to the six month old before fully taking in the scene. When she did however Solstice was surprised to see an old herd mate. Query, nice to see you again. I hope you are well?

She moved forward, nipping Sakura on the flank hard for not listening... It was funny how time changed things. Little over a year ago, as Torasin sought his healing magic it had been Query, Rishima and herself who met him the the Foothills. Now here she was with Query again, in World's Edge, with one of Torasin's daughters at her side.

talk talk talk

SOLSTICE
This might end up like it should
Image Credits

Query Posts: 48
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
Nogard
While Query awaited someone to come and greet her she was busy taking in the sights. After all it had been quite a while since she had been here at the edge, and even then she never spent a lot of time there.

As she was looking around a big bay stallion approached. He spoke up and spooked Query a bit as she was lost in her own world like usual. He was asking if there was anything he could do to help. Well, she was here to seek a herd to join, and this really wasn't the time to get shy, but she was hoping for someone she might know.

"Yes, actually, I've been wondering around here for a long time now on my own, and I've recently found myself wanting to settle down again in a herd. I would've gone back to the lands that I was from - the Foothills that is - but when I left they were under attack by someone that called himself the sun god. I also had been hoping that there would be some people that I knew from there that also made there way here."

Right as Query finished her sentence a young tobiano filly had come running out of nowhere just full of energy. and she must have been really familiar with Thor by the way she greeted him. Hello Mister WeyrLeader Thor Sir, Ma'am Query couldn't help but chuckle at the Ma'am part of the statement, but had no idea what the WeyrLeader part meant. Did that mean he was one of the leaders of the herd? Well, she would hopefully find out soon enough on that.

At this point she started to look back at the one that had been addressed to as Thor and at this point she noticed his wings. Yes it's true that she has actually met horses with wings before at this point, but it still surprised her. The wings were of average size...well, average for an average size horse.

She made a mental note to stop staring as he might be a bit touchy about the size of his wings.

Then coming after the little one that had just showed up came another mare. It took Query a little bit to recognize this mare, but when she did she immediately brightened up. Finally, a familiar face.

"Good to see you again as well, Solstice. It looks as though you have another little one on your hands. This one seems to be a bit more of a burden than Aaron was. I'm doing pretty well myself, I just finally decided to settle down once more. I've been lonely out there on my own, and now seeking to join a herd again."