the Rift

[OPEN] And the walls came tumbling down [THOR]

Dúchanar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Duchanar had been made a warrior of the worlds edge, an honor to be even considered a part of the "family" for him. But he still didn't want to accept the fact that he was part of a herd now, a family. He had always been better off on his own. And not only that, but he was going to be a father again. The mare that was to bare his child going by the name of Lana. The stallion had never felt regret in his life until this moment. He had raped Lana, out of greed, and just needing the sense of feeling control again, and the foal? Well, sadly he wanted nothing to do with it. It would not be his child, even if it was his blood, it was not his.

Duchanar stood overlooking the ledge he had quickly became fond of. The one that overlooked the raging waters of Helovia. If he was only to jump, all of this hate, and anger, and evil would be gone. But he could never get himself to take that step, sending him to the rocks below. Would anyone even care?

And then there was Thor. Thor had welcomed Duch into his heard, along with Mirage. Thor had become the stallions brother in a way, and a best friend. Duch had never opened up to anyone before. He had never told them about what he had done, or who he truly was. About the monster that lived inside him.

He was wrong, just wrong all over. His heart was cold as ice. And even to Thor, his brother, his friend, his family. He felt no mercy to. He felt as though if Thor was to die, he wouldn't feel a thing. No sadness, no grief, nothing. But there was a small spark of an emotion stirring in the male. Trust.

"Thor! I wish to speak with you my brother!" He spoke loudly, hoping to catch the attention of the much larger brute.

Words words. words.

Image Credits

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader
In the morning light let my roots take flight
Watch me from above like a vicious dove</style>

His words were mere whispers on the wind as they pelted through the ominous rushing of the waves. I wasn’t sure what he had planned or what he needed in particular, but I was more than pleased to answer his call. I hadn’t seen Duch since the herd meeting and upon hearing his request, I was a little baffled to wonder what plagued him. After all, his notes were not as smooth as they should have been and not as clear as I would have liked. Whatever was troubling him would certainly trouble me, for I did not want those I cared about to be pained. I had grown to appreciate Duch as family, since my own brother had disgraced me with his ignorance. I could only hope that Dúchanar did not wish to do the same.

The small trek to find the skull-faced stallion was one that allowed me to clear my head. I worried about what he might have to say and furthermore, worried about what he didn’t. He had always been a quiet creature, one that thought little of incessant conversation even if I persistently beset him with it. Though, this time, I assumed that he would be the one doing all the talking instead of the other way around and I was more than thankful for the distraction with everything rolling rampantly through my own mind.

Dúchanar, I’m glad you’ve found the time to call on me. I’ve been meaning to ask how you’ve been.” I didn’t take much time going through the motions of alerting him to my approach because I knew that he would find formality to be too mundane. However, upon settling in beside him, I allowed my curious gaze to possess his own. I wanted him to get straight to the point because I was overly inquisitive when it came to the mystery that often accompanied a stallion like Duch. He had a way of striking my nerves when I least expected it, so I was prepared for anything when it came to my newly acquired brother.

I only hoped that it wouldn’t be too much for me to handle after such an onslaught of information not only at the herd meeting but from Tamira and the rest of my broken conscious as well. I felt like every thought and every memory had been corrupted with bad news. Would Dúchanar suddenly become the dark force that pushed me over the edge or would he be my saving light, bringing me comfort when all appeared grim.

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Unregistered

Duchanar had not heard a word from the mare, Lana, he had gotten pregnant. He had no idea if his child was even alive or not. But he could only hope. Even if he wanted nothing to do with the demon, it was still his blood.

Duch looked to his side as he heard Thor approach. He was nervous to talk to the larger stallion. Not because he was intimidated by him, but simply because he was confiding himself in the other male. He was pretty much going to pour his heart out to him. His only friend, if that was even possible for the vile stallion to even have.

He took a deep breath before letting it out. The large chest of the dark stallion rumbling as he did so. His maw opened to speak but quickly closed again. He looked away from Thor's gaze before he began to speak.

"Thor, the reason I asked you to come, is because, I see you as my brother now, a friend, something I never thought could be possible for someone like me, but somehow, even in the threshold, you saw something in me, I'm not sure what it is yet, for I do not see it myself. But I am confiding myself in you, and I feel you have the right to know who I am, who the real Duch is. Who the person I have grown to despise is. My demons, and my non existent angels. I feel you need to know my heart, and why it is that I am so cold."

It took a lot for the stallion just to speak those few, yet many words to Thor. But yet he somehow felt a great relief and stress lifted off his chest. He took another deep breath and turned his face towards Thor's. His eyes gazing straight into the taller stallions once more.

Words words. words.

Image Credits

I had not expected much from Dúchanar when first I laid eyes on him, but since watching him grow beneath the faithful guidance of the World’s Edge, I found that he was not all that I had formerly summed him up to be. My heart reached out to him in such a way that I felt obliged by his words and furthermore grateful to find a trusted confidant in the simple way that we shared this unexplained bond. When he fell quiet only to turn dark, widened eyes upon me, I felt entranced. I felt as if I knew this creature inside and out, but of course I was only sadly mistaken.

He was as foreign to me as the Moon Goddess herself… and yet, I was indebted to them both. I felt as if I owed them my hospitality and my kindness only because I had taken such responsibility the day I accepted Mirage’s offer to become King. I hadn’t felt like much of a Leader as of late, but here I was trying my hardest to make it work. However, as it would seem, there was always a surprise just waiting for me around the corner and Dúchanar was only the beginning of such conspiracy.

Let me warm you Brother- share your heart.” I gazed at him with open understanding, knowing that I could not escape the guilt and pity settling in my stomach. I did not want to approach him with this cape of despair riding so heavily upon my shoulders, but I felt trapped… Could he see that I was just as lost as he? Perhaps we were not so different, but in fact, one in the same.

I shuddered. What had come over me? Surely I was losing my mind, my- my… sanity.

Image Credits

Unregistered

Duch did not know much about Thor himself either. But he knew that the great stallion before him, his king. Had many unanswered questions towards Duch himself. He knew that he had never given Thor a proper answer to well... anything at that matter. Duch was the type of horse to always find a way around the question, find loop holes and work his way around actually answering. But now was the time to provide his king with real answers.

"Thor, my brother, my king. I would firstly like to say" he paused for a second. Knowing he had never said these words in his life. He stopped again to take another breath, preparing himself for, well I wouldn't say the worst, but preparing himself for the inevitable, and somehow what seemed like the impossible.

I was born into a royal family, that of which you already knew about me. And what I am going to tell you next, might haunt you as it does me, so please forgive me before hand my brother. I watched my father kill my mother, in cold blood. The look in his eyes, is that of which seems to be the reflection of my very own every second of every day. Blood stained the ground, his face... my face... for days. It wasn't till I grew older that I knew truly what he had really done, and in response, I murdered my entire herd, not just my bastard of a father, who's face is my very own, but all of them, even the children, and....I... I felt nothing. No remorse, no sadness, no pain, no fear... nothing"

He stopped and looked at the mighty stallion next to him. He wasn't sure if he should continue, or just walk away. It was no easy task for the dark stallion to express his feelings, or talk about his past for that matter. "Should I continue my king? Or shall I take my leave?"

((I'm not sure why some of its green xD))

Words words. words.

Image Credits

Stories and tales are weaved before me like wildfire and I am lost to their beauty and horrific truth. I am amazed and disappointed, facing a liar that had confessed his shame. Uncertainty consumes me and makes me back away- where was my strength when I so longingly needed it? I cannot help but stare at the skull-faced beast with awe… Did family mean nothing to him? Were our lives so unimportant that he could keep such secrets hidden away behind those deceptive teeth? Slowly, I look away, trying to find words to justify the atrocity that I have been given. I do not wish to banish him from our ranks, but uncertainty has made me suspicious.

You will continue. I have taken you from the past and allowed you a brighter future, but do not betray the worth that I have given you. Test me and you will fail brother… I will not let you become the ghost that you were. I will only allow you the freedom to begin a transformation of change.” Without any more to say, I give him the stage, happy to back away from the pedestal in order to think and debate my next course of action.

Could he be forgiven or was I only fooling myself? Would he fall back into the pit of despair that had forced him to take the lives of those so dear to him? If so, then I would be waiting to destroy the monster that I had brought to this family. The truth is heavy upon my shoulders but now that I know who this creature is and why he has come to my doorstep, I feel responsible for his actions. I concede that Mirage and the rest of our family would never be so weak as to fall prey to one animal –a single vicious predator- when we have faced far worse in the past, but I cannot help but long to be the one to take such a threat out of this world if indeed, Dúchanar ever became one.

Image Credits