the Rift

[OPEN] grazed knees.

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni. </style>
Distance feels further when you love with fervor 
and no second thoughts.  </style>

The plod of an amulet on her chest, pale legs finally cleaned of the last of the soot, Onni walks across the desert, hooves greeting the sand with a soft hush of a kiss. The wind, reminding her of her mother now, brushes against her face in the cool morning of Orangemoon. Feeling lightened in comparison to her mood a few short weeks ago, the shaman's step reflects the happiness in her spirit. Unlike her mother, stressed from the threats of the Basin which revealed themselves in absent faces, Onni felt joyous. She was pleased to welcome the Sun on this day with bright eyes and a warm smile.

How many weeks had it been since she had done just that?

The pale faced girl was fairly certain it had everything to do with certain visitors in the Throat. The show of familial ties from the Edge had brushed against her heart and warmed it, reminding her that even in times when a shade of evil rises up, there is light to combat it. The increasingly building friendship between she and Kaj, if she could dare call him by such a bold title, had also eased some of the tension of her soul. The painted mare had felt lonely, but for how long now? When did she first realize it? How did it happen? The shaman was uncertain when the ugly feeling crept into her heart, but she had associated its presence arriving with both the sudden disappearance of her found friend Moth. Without his constant company, she was left with just Lyhty, flying beside her now.

Lyhty was lovely company, singing to her hums with little hesitation, aiding her in gathering herbs, keeping up with almost regular conversation now, and always being a nice reserve for laughs. However, a companion can only offer so much solace. With perhaps a tinge of bitterness, Onni realized that many of her herdmates never sought her out for more than healing. It was sensical, being the longest standing shaman in the Throat, but almost none came to her seeking company or friendship. Then again, the mare had only herself to blame. She too had avoided their company, never expressing interest in knowing them. The shy attitude that accompanied the healer could no longer be an excuse she hid behind. To cure her loneliness, she would have to take a direct approach.

First, however, she would visit the being that she felt least lonely when speaking with - the God of the Sun. Oh, yes, it may seem very brash to seek out a deity for nothing more than mundane conversation, but the healer did have a noble cause. Upon her chest, the Sun amulet gleams in the light. The mare intended to offer the God the jewel as a show of admiration, for the warm colors reminded her of the kindness he had offered to her when she was most lost. The mare eases close to the edge of the Oasis lake, dipping her head gently to the surface to take a drink before setting off for the relatively quick flight across the small stretch of ocean to the familiar island of the Gods.
""

[ For Midas and Gaucho. First stop before heading the the Veins.
If you would like to join our trio, please ask one of us before posting so we can fill you in. o: ]

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Our herd deity was the sun, my personal deity was earth. The talent for keeping a balance between worship for the sun and earth was an interesting mix—no matter the prayer that exits my lips, it was earth that received my normal amount of worship. Whereas the sun was someone who I praised and gave thanks to for his continued blessings. Days had grown cooler and work within the Throat picked up, I stayed busy; and when I wasn’t working on training new blood or patrolling. I was finishing a sword, fathering and working on a few small projects.

Those small projects consisted of gifts for both earth and sun. The first of the two was a piece that would be considered almost like a thick anklet of sort. Its base is smooth gold, polished into a gloss by sand and sea water. Its center was coated with a thin layer of soft iron and woven inside were carvings of a five petal flower, and bursting from the flower was a rearing stag (inspired from a rare encounter with a rather unique stag.)

The second piece was covered in thin links of gold, each had been bent by myself and sealed to increase strength/durability. Dangling from the chain was a circular amulet that had a dish like shape in the center and was bowed out toward the ends. A transparent red stone lay in the middle surrounded by tiny engraved swirls that resembled flames. Both pieces are rather simple. Not nearly as grand as the magical amulets that the lords blessed us with—but I had worked on them tirelessly, and intended to at least present them to both my lord and the patron of our land. A show of gratitude and humility for all they had given.

Cera was still snoozing away, I lowered muzzle and gently brushed the butt of it across his growing head in a soft father like kiss. He looks so precious and innocent when among a cloud of dreams. Fina remained fast asleep, with one wing tucked above her head to close off the sun’s light. My wonderful family. Turning from them both, I started toward the borders of the Oasis. My steps hadn’t gotten far when a painted figure caught my eye. Onni? With no hesitation and a bright smile already starting to come on, I shuffle feet toward her, “The morning favors you.” A compliment that holds every ounce of truth; her flesh still beams brightly, aglow with light and joy. A joy I sometimes envied on hard days.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]