the Rift

[DROP] Quest Drop #5 Earth | Water

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The God of the Earth Quest Drop

Step One :: Signing Up!
- You will respond to this drop in character, responding as if every character who shows up is also present
- This will operate sort of like a meeting with back and forth between the God of the Earth and your characters
-**NOTE** Remember that when you post here, that you provide links to the times your character has been refused in the veins or other drops! Please also clearly state what magic/upgrade/item/ or companion that you are seeking.
- Your character has 72 hours to respond to this thread properly

Step Two :: The Decision
- Earth God will then choose 1-2 characters to take under his wing and give them quests for whatever they choose (magic, companion or items)
- When I post the decisions, I will post the rubric. Basically this will depend on how many times your specific characters has been rejected from the veins and loosely based on how maxed they are
- You character's name will be put into a "pot" of names 1 additional time for each previous refusal from a drop or a quest
- All numbers, tables and functions will be screenshot for transparency and understanding

The Quest :: Earth or Water based magic/upgrade, normal companion or item

Dawn

There is a certain time of the day - just before morning finally breaks across the land, that a certain stillness prevails. It is not an unnerving stillness, nor one that your conscious mind would particularly notice; instead, it is a soothing of the soul, and a calming of the heart. It was on mornings such as these, that the God of the Earth liked to stroll amongst the mortals.

Great feathered hooves gently bent - but never broke - the blades of grass as he moved like a breeze through the Fields. His earthen body somehow seemed to melt into his surroundings, for indeed he was merely an extension of the grasses, and trees, and flowers that grew here. Pausing, he closed his vibrant emerald gaze, breathing in deeply the rustic morning scent. Life. He could feel it swelling and pulling all around him, and it was pleasing. The last time he stepped down onto the mortal soil, he had taken Thor of the Edge under his wing, and had been pleasantly surprised by his request. To learn to heal the mind... It wasn't an easy task, but Thor had learned well, and his love, Tamira, had reaped the benefits.

Would he be as pleasantly surprised this time?

With a gentle sigh, the God reached out his mind into every living grass, flower, and tree. Come to me....come, come. He whispered silently, urging the leaves and the dirt to carry on his message unto any ears willing to hear him. Opening his eyes, the God smiled in anticipation. Unlike his kin, he had a soft spot for the mortals of this land, no matter how reckless and selfish they may be at times. How could he fault them, simply because their minds were too small to comprehend the enormity of their actions? Of life in general? They were small and fleeting; of course they had a want for magic and gifts from the Gods.

Flicking his tail lightly, the great God began to hum. It was a sound that had once vibrated the rocks to form mountains, and had called down the waters from the clouds to form the oceans. It was a sound which would resonate in every drop of dew, and every blade of grass.

OOC FAQ
1. You cannot get a mythical companion quest from this drop
2. Do not post unless your request is relative to the God of the Earth and has been in the Wishlist database for at least one month.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

Bear and I have returned to being friends. It was touch and go, after I left him out of quite a few adventures. However, I had been a bit peevish knowing that he was sending information back to mother. Like a little fuzzy spy, but I had forgotten what was most important - Bear and I are friends. So, today we venture from our home stride in stride, as I am taking him to all of the places I went without him. Today, we are lumbering up the mountain peak toward the beautiful fields where I met Faelene.

Can I really sing the earth into motion? I think not, but my smile dims for just a moment as I recall it.

Lately, I've been mentioning how I am growing up. Today, I am still stretching toward the sky, my body nearly besting Midas's height. I can tell that I am going to look more like my mother in height than my adoptive father, but that is perfectly fine. Midas, I know, is not my father, but I hope dearly that he will regard me as a son as good as any other. After all, I admire his strength and his kindness. I think that is also what I admire most in Cera, his kindness and willingness to include all around him. Like a small little beam of sunlight, Cera warms the hearts of those around him. I wish to be like that, but I fear I am more awkward than he.

Instead of warming hearts, I tend to turn away from them, avoiding direct gazes and being frightened of my company. Mother has told me many times that I am bigger than most foals my age, and I have absolutely no reason to be insecure. I think she just views me through jaded eyes of a mother, but I love her all the same. She was my idol when I was younger, but now I think I want to be more like the golden eyed General who patiently made his way to her heart. I am very excited about my new sibling on the way. I cannot wait to greet them; I hope it's a girl, so that I can come to be more comfortable with them.

As we wind our way up the rock strewn path, the light above the clouds begins to glow. It was then the world began to quaver. "Come on, Eytan, we have to get to the fields and off this path!" I call, panic filling my chest as me and the bear race forward, breaking through the shrouded mists and up into the world above, fumbling over each other in the flowers. Unlike the last time, it is not the beauty of the fields which catches my attention. From my splayed limbs, I lift my head up to see a huge bay stallion. My bicolored eyes view him for a moment, thinking that he is very familiar. That is not what holds my attention, though. I look immediately next to the crown of ram horns much like my own, but his are much larger and natural in tone. My jaw opens, for I have never seen another with horns such as mine. In my amazement, this mystery stallion also has wings, feathered wings.

He is like me, I think. "He is like me," I whisper to Eytan, before scrambling to my feet and walking slowly to the side of the stallion who hum shakes the Earth. I think back to Faelene, who said that my voice moves the Earth. He is like me. Who is this stallion? "Hello," I say, my voice small as I look toward him with hopeful eyes. "I'm Hototo." Shy eyes glance up at the ancient yet kind face.

"I think you are quite like me, and that's a first. Can we be friends?"

Art by Krazie!</style>

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

ULRIK         

You better learn to keep your face under the dark

Wake up and feel the blood escape your heart

The engineer rarely approached large groups, not because he was afraid of confrontation, but rather that he did not exactly want to have to prove his superiority constantly. Everyone else should simply accept him as brilliant because of the horns upon his brow; the fact was simple. But, as per the usual, he was surrounded by idiots.

A narrow path caught his attention, and he desired to know where it lead, curious to see if nature would give him anymore clues as to how to better his machines. When he arrived at the top, the God of the Earth stood proudly before a colt who was nearly his mirror image. Ulrik had never before seen the god, but rumors and his presence was enough to make the connection. The colt was obviously a distance relative or a son.

While the fact that the gods had wings upset his sensibilities, he was not opposed to them having flight; it was necessary for their position, but the little bastard child was simply a mutant. He was careful not to voice these opinions, however. Parents seemed to be woefully unable to see their children for what they truly were. It was almost as if bearing children blinded you from the truth, and that was a disturbing fact indeed.

Ulrik approached the god quietly, like a wolf of madness. He dipped his head once in respect and simply listened to the child prattle, casting a sideways glance at the strange, stunted bear who tailed after him. "You do share visible similarities," the stallion rumbled in his gratingly baritone voice. "Greetings, God of the Earth." While Ulrik was not in awe of the god, he was desiring of his knowledge. Who better to edit the blueprints of his mind than the creator of the best engine? The earth itself?

Grandfathered :: [Magic: EarthxSpark | Can replace limbs/organs/body parts with electronics (ability to bio synthesize); would require a healer rank present to undergo process]

http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7023

Credits

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

It was rare for the little vagabond to be taken by surprise, he had travelled so much in his life there were already many things he had already seen. His nosy nature had gotten him into some dangerous situations and some darn right weird ones, but this was a first. He stood there for a few seconds, simply awed by the presence of a God. Locket had never seen a God before, stories were about as far as he'd gone into their immortal world. The God of the Earth was a huge being, even taller than Archibald, with horns like a ram and wings that extended far to support the impressive bulk of his rustic body. He was in a word; magnificent. Yet, the unearthly being seemed gentle as he hummed a song that made Locket want to close his eyes and listen to the simple beauty. The panda faced boy would have stared in awe all day if it wasn't for the others around him who also demanded his attention.

Getting a grip of himself, Locket noticed a colt was present and surprisingly very similar to the God, which was further confirmed when the strange tribal marked stud also agreed. Next to the child was a brown bear, an animal he suddenly recognized as the companion of his lead, Ktulu. His emerald green eyes narrowed as he pondered the relation or maybe the Constrictor feared for this colts safety. As always, Locket remained ignorant to some rather important facts. Maybe, one day, somebody would enlightened him and everything would simply snap into place. For now he went to stand by the colt and his bear, feeling a sense of duty to protect the children from his own land. Not that the God seemed in anyway threatening and if the Lord of Earth did decide to attack there wasn't really much he would be able to do about it. Still, old habits died hard and his curled tail trailed along the grassy floor as he shifted his way over to the colt, swallowing in effort to wet his dry throat.

"My God" he said simply with his rough edged tones and a dip of his head. Remembering that this earthy soul was indeed the patron God of the Foothills and so warranted the highest respect. It was a day Locket would remember for a long time as he breathed in the sweet scent of flowers and listened to the humming until it stopped.

(3/11/13 [Companion :: Giant Panda | Storm Call])

Lost in the Mist

Night has always pushed up day
You must know life to see decay

Locket talk :: L = R

Sinuhe Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Roo
I'VE WALKED A MILLION MILES FOR YOU, BUT I'M STILL ALONE

There was a certain calmness about this day. As I trotted though the fresh grass a light breeze pushed my mane back onto my neck. My head was lifted high in the air, my eyes shut tight so that the wind didn't sting them. My tail blew out behind me and I quickened my pace into a swift, but gentle, canter. Helovia was still a new land to me, I hadn't even been here before today, but I already felt comfortable as I cantered on though the flowers. There was a cold nip to the air though, not that I cared, I was in to good a mood to be put down by a bit of coldness.

I loved my new home with all my heart. I may have only been there just over a week but you know when you truly love something, and truly love the Throat I did. I especially enjoyed being part of a family and not having millions of duties I used to have to do every single day, even as a young foal. Instead I could spend my time talking to others and making friends with much less duties. It was a much freer life where you didn't have to worry about every single thing and every single one. I did desire a slightly higher rank though so that I could be a little bit more involved in the herd but for now, I was just a free girl.

Come to me....come, come. A voice seemed to whisper though the air. I instantly opened my eyes and lowered my head, slowing down to a walk then coming to a halt. There was a group of three, crowding (at a slight distance) round someone else. Was he the one who whispered into the wind? Curiosity overtook me and I slowly started to trot towards the group.

Now turning a group of three into four I slowly look over the others, then to the stallion in the middle. Greetings, God of the Earth." It was the bronze and golden Unicorn talking. I looked upon him with a look of wonder in my eyes. There was a winged colt behind him, with horns like a rams and then to the other side of me a bright bay Unicorn. The stallion in front of us was a different sight though. He had horns like the colts, and wings to. His mane was shorter then mine and was tinged in brown of all different shades. Was he really a god? A god of the earth perhaps? I knew there were gods but I had never seen or met one before. What were they like? If anything, I guessed they wanted respect so I stayed on the safe and and, with a respectful nod of my head I say. "Greetings to you to." I watch him with a careful eye. If he was a god, why would he waste his time here?

OOC: Snow leopard companion :: Time slip

SINUHE
IMAGE CREDITS

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

The predawn sky is blue-grey around me as I soar through the sky. To the east is the vaguest hint of pink, suggesting that the sun is not far from beginning its daily trek across the hemisphere of our land. I cannot help but wonder what it would be like to travel to that distant, light-painted horizon, and the one after that, but I know that I will never do so. It is voluntary, and I am satisfied with my decision, for my home, my family, is here, in Helovia. More specifically, they are in the Dragon’s Throat, the herd for which I have finally discovered a way to contribute. My wings spread wide, holding my petite bodice aloft. The changing colors in the sky reflected on my pure pelt which now held hints of yellow and orange.

A soft, low hum comes from nowhere and everywhere all at once, and I find myself drawn to the ground. I simple tilt of the wings send me spiraling gracefully toward the terrain not so far below, and I recognize the place at once. A pleasant smile graces my features as I remember my herd-sister, Rowan, finding me here, bringing me home. I have much to thank her for. My life began with her, though I hardly knew it at the time. Now I am the Dragon’s Throat Forger, a title that I bear with pride. I find myself spending more and more time thinking of ways that I can use my newfound power. As it is now, I can built, create, using metallic materials. Nonliving materials.

I wonder if there is a way for me to build using life? A way to preserve in within my grasp?

As I land quietly, loathe to break the quiet morning’s peace, I notice a small congregation a short distance from me. The most notable one is also the largest, a stallion with brown-tipped banners, graceful wings, and two curved horns atop his massive cranium. He exudes power, but he also portrays the epitome of gentility, and I find myself drawn to him. He, unsurprisingly, is the source of the humming. Among the gathered are a young colt that is surprisingly similar to the stallion – perhaps they are related? – and a unicorn stallion. This stallion gives off the air of superiority, and I avoid him as I approach. Another unicorn stallion is present as well, and a mare, and though I do not fear them as I do the first, I still find myself situated closer to the winged youngling.

My knees fold beneath me almost without my command, for I know that this must be a god standing before me. I was raised in a highly religious place, although our gods were somewhat different than those worshiped here. Still, he merits the highest level of respect I can give, and I give it more than willingly. My voice does not rise to join the others, though I do peer curiously up at him through bi-colored orbs before rising and offering a small smile. I have met the God of the Sun previously, an awe-inspiring being that strikes fear into any mortal’s heart – but this god does not seem to be of that sort. I feel comfortable, safe, and I am content to simply bask in his glory.

Grandfathered :: [Magic: EarthxTime | Able to coat objects and living beings in a layer of crystal, preserving the object within as it was when it became encased.]

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Casimir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable
but more useful than a life spent doing nothing
Another day of Casimir being himself. He stumbles around, trying to find a safe place to plant his feet, but there isn't. He moves on, and travels in the thickness of the brush, moving along so that he can find his way without tripping over something. And yet, he manages to find a rather large root to catch his foot, and he falls, striking himself on other outcast roots the area on the surface of the large oak tree. He grimaces in pain, and he knows he'll have a bruise. He should be used to it by now, getting hurt all the time, but for some reason he's not. Even after almost 2 and a half years like this, he still tries to be normal, tries to act like he can actually see. He hates it when people look at him in the way they do, for even if he can't seem them for the most part, he can still see the way they look at him.

A hum comes from the mountains, the soil, the air; everywhere around him it comes and vibrates. Traveling at early morning was something he liked to do, because there was something special about the early morning, and he enjoyed these walks. He was still an outcast, and his meeting with the Chieftess has not gone as well as he had planned. He was not really excepted, and there was nothing he could do. He moved on however, trying to figure out what it was that was making the humming. Being one of the last to arrive, he saw the great God of the Earth himself, standing there. This must be another time for him to get his companion or magic. He pondered which for a moment. Then moved forward, moving past the group and coming to stand close beside the God.

"Hello great sir, good morning."

OCC:
[Magic: EarthxDark | The ability to link the physical body with someone else's, forming a bond of the mind and body.]

Drops:
Quest Drop #2
Quest Drop #3
Feeling L U C K Y ?

walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Kipp Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Since the poisonous spider had bitten him, Kipp had been delusional and completely out of character. Out of control. It had been horrible to sit back and watch himself like that, but there had been little he could truly do. He had ached inside as he watched Casimir stress over his seizing body, his wailing cries and growled threats. But now it had finally left his system, and the tired adolescent had once again gone off in search of his blind brother. Often, he wandered off, and Kipp had to go tracking him down once more. The youth always worried for the safety and well-being of his brother, and was often saddened to know how little Casi could do with his blindness. Even so, he'd been raised around the older stallion and knew that his inability to see did nothing to hold him back as a person. Despite all this, Kipp had slowly started to change after losing track of Emerson, encountering Mother, discovering Knox's curse, and getting thrust into a totally different personality with the tiny spider's fangs as a highway to hell. Somehow he felt more mature, older, stronger. Kipp still hadn't decided if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

Always in tune with the earth, Kipp had longed to understand it for ages. It was a piece of him, and so the very first note of the call within he had perked up and become alert. Though he had never met the Earth Lord face to face, somewhere deep inside Kipp knew that's who it was. Quickly he stepped up the pace, ears straining to catch any further messages as he tried to pinpoint the exact location of the God. What alerted him to the resting place of the father of the wilds was the gathering of awed faces. One of which was his brother Casimir. Sighing softly in relief, he approached a little slower and brushed his muzzle across the pale expanse of his brother's flank. Continuing on, the touch light and familiar as he moved to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the older son. Sapphire irises flickered up to the Lord he so cherished, and he bowed his head so that the tip of his horn nearly touched the Earth. "My Lord, it is a pleasure to finally meet you," he breathed softly. With how close Casimir had placed himself, Kipp was in short distance from the immortal being as well.

Crown lifted once more, and he fell into silence. Though he was curious as to why the celestial stallion was gracing the mortals with his presence, he was far too relaxed in the atmosphere he created naturally. Gaze moved over the others who had gathered, knowing none of them yet finding himself unbothered. He had Casimir, the one he had been tracking down for days now, so nothing else mattered.

::Grandfathered- Companion: Swedish Vallhund::

Credit

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Z d r a v i l o

Serenity. That was the word, serenity. She slowly walked up the side of the mountain The fog blinding her as she continued upward. A soft hum vibrated into her body. Flicking her audits forward, she smiled and picked the pace up to a trot. After a minute of climbing, the land evened. Still, everything was obscured by the fog. Confused, and lost, she tripped multiple times. When everything cleared out, she saw him. The God of The Earth. He was so large, strange, and alluring she couldn't help but be drawn closer and closer. She circled around him until she was face to face with him.

Without a thought in her mind, she let her front leg extend outwards and the other curl under her. He was the only one she'd let have a full-fledged bow. Her frosted mane draping over her neck as it fell in a pretty manner. When she came back up, she noted his appearance. It was unusual, but not at all hideous. He looked as if every color of his was one from the earth. The first thing Zdravilo noticed where his huge daunting wings. She knew all to well that he needed those large wings to carry his large body. He had two ram horns curling from the his cranium. He had a dark mane with acidic green tips. Majestic, beautiful, daunting. This words all described the stud in front of her.

"Earth God, the powerful. I ask for your aid in helping me. Magic or not, I just want help. Would you tell me what must happen for me to succeed being a healer? I know you are awfully busy, but do you think you could spare an ounce of time, my God?" She smiled shyly. She ignored the other horses. This god was just so mesmerizing that she couldn't help, but give him her undivided attention. She was shocked at how she went out and just... Asked. It was very unlike her, but she was growing more nervous every second.

Now she gave the other horses her attention. There was a horse, a young horse, that looked eerily like the god. He said Hototo was his name. "Hello Hototo..to..toto?" It was a confusing name for her. After the boy, three unicorns came. None in which fascinated her too much. A pegasus, a weird devil unicorn, and a regular unicorn followed. "Good evening all, I am Zdravilo." She offered them all a warm smile as she turned her cranium to them. "I come from Aurora Basin. And you..?" She was sweet and no racism coursed her veins this moment, though it seemed everyone pushed her more towards it. Zdravilo was pleased to be in the heat for this moment. Not in the cold of the Aurora Basin.

OOC ::
Magic (4-1-13)
:: [Magic: WaterxDark | Can can turn water into poison or medicine.]
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
I forced myself to walk faster, my green eyes focused on the ground ahead of me. My thoughts whirled in my min as I strode towards the source. I felt it in my very being, the first feeling that I too held inside. Magic. And this wasn't just any magic, it was his, Father Earth.

I forced myself to hurry along, eager to see him. Maybe he will grant me a companion. Unlike that stupid rock in the Deep Forest. The one that made you guess numbers that had to do with its clues.

The scenery was a blur as I sped along, my stomach whirling with anxiousness. My legs struck out before me, and I finally found him. He was surrounded by other horses, and I recognized the white stallion from when I had seen that stone. I trotted up to Father Earth, smile on my lips. "Father Earth! Hello! It's nice seeing you in the meadow here. You're not often in the mortal lands, what brings you to us? I ask politely, my eyes transfixed on the God. He hadn't changed since the last I saw him. Why... how long had it been since I saw him last? Several seasons, that was for sure. I smiled casually, passing glances towards the other horses once and a while.

After several minutes passed, I wondered if I should begin a conversation with him or not. I didn't know what to do, so I just stood there and smiled, keeping my ears tilted towards the God. Finally, I begin to speak. "My dear Lord, I have been feeling ever so lonely as of late, and it seems receiving a companion is near impossible. I must ask that you maybe help me fill this pit of solitude that lays in my heart. I would do anything to earn a companion, please my Lord." But now that I had spoken, I began to regret it. I sounded like a needy, helpless child. "I'm sorry for blabbering like that, sir." I apologize to the Earth God, hoping he doesn't think I'm a pesky chatter-bug. Inhaling, I force myself to stop and shut up. Staring at the God, I wait in silence for his response.
"Talk talk talk"

[[ Tiger companion.
Feeling L U C K Y?]]
Tingal

image credits
table by whit

i am a king
and the world is beneath me

Helovian Ancient
Admin

Congratulations Locket and Zdravilo!

First of all, I made a list of character's names. One name was put into the list for the post on this thread. One additional name was put in for each rejection (after checking them all for legitimacy). Note: Tingal was not eligible as the entry occurred after the 72 hour time limit had expired. Sinuhe was not eligible as the corresponding wish list has not been active for more than 1 month. Zdravilo had one extra ballot added, as the Basin was Herd Champs for April.

I put all the names into this list randomizer that they would all get scrambled. This way, none of the numbers depend on who posts at which time and multiple names are not squished together.

[Image: 5182f82c646a7]

Reply coming shortly!

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

Hototo the great God thinks, How much he has grown! As his son crosses the meadow, heading his way with Eytan in tow, the God cannot help but feel an overwhelming sense of adoration and love for the colt. He remembers the day of his birth well, for it was a very happy day indeed; for that was the day the Earth truly begin to sing.

The God's song did not cease, even as Hototo and Eytan neared. Closing his vibrant emerald eyes, the God sighed with amusement, as his son introduced himself. "Hototo..." He repeated, molding the word to fit into the sound which burst from every rock and tree. It was as if the entirety of the Fields were singing his son's name; and indeed they ought to be. "A fine name." He concluded after a moment, opening a sleepy-looking eye towards his son. "We've met once...But you were very young" The God paused, as the young curly-horned creature asked to be his friend. Simultaneously his heart both broke and melted, as the impact of the young colt's words utterly infiltrated his being.

Has it really been so long? He wondered, extending a massive wing to partially block the young Earth-Singer and Eytan from view of the assembling crowd. Their privacy would be shortlived, but he could prolong it at least a little. So long, that he doesn't know me? Had Ktulu never informed young Hototo who his father is? It was not his fault of course, nor was it Ktulu's; never would he blame them. Since abandoning the veins, the God of the Earth had rarely come down unto Helovia, unless beckoned...And he was now realizing, just how quickly time could pass in the mortal realm. A heaviness fell upon his shoulders like a physical weight, as he stared kindly down onto his son's eager face. "I would like that Hototo. I would like that very much." The God forced a smile, which soon became a genuine grin of adoration.

Unable to completely disengage himself growing the growing group, the God dropped his wing, but not before affectionately reaching his muzzle towards' Hototo's shoulder, meaning to gently brush it against his coat. The movement caused the blades of grass and pebbles by the colt's hooves to dance and hum in the air, as if feeling the excitement that coursed through the God.

Looking now to the engineer, the God of the Earth's smile changed from that of an adoring father, to an intrigued onlooker. He was interested by the mind of Ulrik, and all of its potential. Surely he would find the time later, to aid him in whatever trinket or project he was currently working on. Dipping his muzzle to the dark stallion, the God folded his dark wings to his flanks. "Greetings tinkerer" He spoke, his words intending to sound approving, rather than condescending. He looked then to Locket, and his grin widened. "Hello m'boy." He greeted warmly, recognizing Locket as one of the few who defended the Foothills against the Grey, and then opted to remain nonetheless. It was admirable, and he respected the horned stallion for it.

More and more they came - a mare, who he did not recognize, a pegasus of the Throat, and two stallions who vaguely resembled one another. Brothers? Cousins? And finally another Unicorn and an odd-hybrid. He couldn't help but chuckle, at how quickly they all appeared. His siblings were often annoyed with how little privacy they received, any time they stepped foot onto Helovia's soil, but Earth was glad for it, and nodded a greeting to each.

Looking to Locket, the God nodded his bi-horned head deeply, before meeting his gaze with jovial emerald eyes. "Locket. You have done much to protect my lands, and for that, you are deserving. Do one more task for me, and I shall give you what you seek." Clearing his voice, he continued: "Within your lands, you must seek a flying reptile, and a girl with a beak. Finally you must look around, and find a bear that's white, and one that's brown."

Gently his tailed lashed against his hocks, as he turns to the antlered mare, from the Basin. She asks for the ability to heal and yet....yet deep in her mind, he senses something more. "Child, speak honestly. Is it truly your desire to heal? Or do you wish for something...else?"

[darkxwater: would only be the ability to poison. She cannot simultaneously learn to heal and poison - that would require different magic. Please choose, and let me know which you would like to quest for.]

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
"Child, speak honestly. Is it truly your desire to heal? Or do you wish for something...else?" Zdravilo was social, and the god may have seen that, and she wanted a companion. Her face frozen with shock. After a moment her lips parted and sugared vocals coursed the breezy air. "I-I ki-kind if wanted a--" she thought for a moment. What did she want? A bird, cow, dog, pig, or even a fish? She just knew she wanted a companion. "--a companion?" Now, the decision. What did she want?

"I did want a dark bird with a hint of a bright fall color, but it seems like a lot to ask for, and I don't know if I'm ready to take care of an animal." She was serious. She was scared it'd starve to death in her care. That was another thing, if she needed to hunt for it.... She couldn't. She would never kill anything. "Herbovor preferably...." She added in. Maybe the Earth God would be fond of her love of nature and Earth.

So many had gathered, and she was chosen. What had drawn the god to the feminine girl. Her gold splotches held not a fiber or dullness. Her orange and acidic eyes just looking over the god in awe. How could something grow that big. She smiled happily, she had talked to a god! Not many could say they did that, now can they? She knew some had met them multiple times, they were lucky.

OOC .:.
4-1-13) :: [Companion: Red-Winged Blackbird (Yes, it's a thing) | Sneak]

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

Knowingly, the God smiled and bobbed his bearded head. How often did they come to him seeking magic and power, when in all honesty, all they wanted was companionship? He was glad that this youngling was able to see through to the heart of her desires. Kindly, the great God lowered his head down to her level, speaking softly but insistently.

"Very well, child. I sense indecision in your heart, about the inner workings of the Basin. Until the tipping point of Frostfall, you must stay away from the Basin. During that time, you must find and befriend a pegasus and an equine, and truly decide for yourself, what your beliefs are. If you cannot complete this task, return to me the Veins."

[Zdravilo cannot enter the Basin until the middle of Frostfall. During that time, she has to befriend a pegasus and a horse.]