the Rift

[OPEN] You're Only A Puppet

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

The white ground gave beneath my chipped hooves, making me sink into the cold powder and lessening my height by a few inches. The bay stallion, Descaro had invited me to this land to call it home. Red tipped ears flicked around, taking in the howling wind and the frozen layer of snow crunching below me. There it is one of the voices whispered in my head, causing me to direct my attention to the barren, white land down the steep mountain side. "Shut up, I can see it myself." The wind screamed again, twisting my knotted forelock around the crimson horn protruding from my forehead. I closed my dark red eyes for a moment, feeling the loose snow batter against my side before falling back to the earth.

Each eye flicked back open and I began moving swiftly down the mountain side toward more level ground. The snow became deeper in sections, then thinned out in other spots to where I could see the top of my frozen hooves. The air escaping from my gapped open mouth danced in clouds of evaporating condensation, drifting into the cloudy sky. Each long leg stretched out with my fluid trot, hooves piercing the now thin, powder like snow.

Eventually the ground leveled out and I brought my pace to a walk, drawing in painfully cold breaths. For as young as I am, I should not be huffing like this. The wind retreated finally, leaving me with a warm sensation, rather than my muscles quivering as they had the whole travel here due to the cold. After a few more deep, controlled breaths, I calmed my heart beat and pursued on to adventure my land. Who it was that I would meet, I had no idea. With my left ear pressed forward and right cocked to the side to listen to my surroundings, I lifted my two toned face into the air and let a sharp whinny crack through the air. Even though it was much warmer down here, a cloud still expelled from my throat.

I dropped my face back down, dark red eyes scanning for any one that my have heard my call. My tail whipped back and forth completely instinctually, lashing my left hindquarter sharply enough to make me pin my ears back. No one wants to listen to you, dumbass I sighed at the calm voice, shaking my head as if it could see me do so. "Just leave me be." The words were very soft as I whispered them to the demonic conscience inside my brain. With that, the voice said nothing, but I could still sense that the sour half of my brain was up to no good. Back there somewhere there was nothing I could control.

walking "talking" the voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou

It had been a day like any other. Thick storm's passing through from the outside of The Basin. If anyone would look out from the shelter of the valley, they would see only blurs of white beyond. Hard to spot anything. Of course the drifts of ice were flowing down from gusts to The Basin. Farenjer stood inside one of the collections of hollow holes in the mountains, where he called his own room. Farenjer was thinking, walking back and forth, questioning what Arah had asked him. About becoming in one of the ranks. She said that perhaps the stag would fit as a fine soldier for The Basin to serve in command.

He halted to a stop, and orbs sharply snapped attention to something that was heard outside. A bellow that echoed through the area, he soon walked over to the little entrance of his small chamber. Staying in the shadows of it, glowing orbs looked around for the person. Sight had found a gray stag who stood there, posing nearby who seemed to search for something. Farenjer let out a huff of hot breath before looking who else would emerge from their chamber to see this racket that had been made. To his surprise none did come out, or like himself, were just watching in the shadows of the chambers. He waited for the others to come and see for themselves, but again no response or even care was given for the stranger Farenjer had in his sight.

With unhappiness grimly attached onto his mind, he would have to meet this person himself. The only reason for this was, Farenjer did not go out much or meet others. But then again something else told him that this would be a good experience and shot to meet someone else. Farenjer then with dignity pulled himself out of the cave with slow steps. Arriving out of the shadows, he could feel small flakes of ice begin to touch his back. With every step he walked casually over to the stranger, before halting to a stop before him. Radiating orbs looked onto him with his attention. A slight pause of silence echoed around before Farenjer observed the stag before him. He looked younger... they were about the same size, though he appeared a little bit taller.

Farenjer inquired "Greetings. My name is Farenjer, who might you be?" thinking for a moment he looked on with curiosity speckling in his eyes. Hopefully this stallion did not care whether he looked strange or not. Though he has seen many who whisper to others when they look onto him or want to ask themselves. Inside Farenjer's little self conscious side was always uncomfortable with anyone looking at him. But for now, the little damn thing was erased, and wouldn't be back anytime soon. Only now was the strange stag curious and having interest into the stranger before him. Eyes looked up to where tracks were nearly erased from the storms above the mountains. Did he really take the hard way in? A small glimpse of the main entrance in the distance peaked into the stag's sight before looking back on the stallion.

Art- Kaydeniro || Coding- Time

Nothing, no response what so ever. Told you no one would want to listen to you one voice murmured in the back of my brain. A sigh rolled out from my chest, a cloud of steam expelling from my hot mouth. This was horrible. No one would want to come out and meet me, especially at this time of night. Two toned ears rotated around, listening for anything with high hopes. A few moments passed of an eerie silence. A silence that shrouded the frozen desert, besides the screams and howls of the passing winds high up in the air.

Solid black hooves shuffled uneasily in the snow, creating some distraction for me. My dark eyes flowed over my home land. The mountain side looked like it was flecked with large holes. Some jagged and dangerous looking, while some where rounded and short, just tall enough for the average horse to squeeze into with their head ducked. Crimson eyes fell to my still moving hooves, watching the snow kick up into the air as I pushed it back and forth.

The snow crunched a few yards away, causing my crowned face to snap back up into attention. A dark figure moved toward me in the night air, eventually showing a magnificent stallion before me. A blue pattern ran down his face and his back leg in strings of what looked like bolts of lightning. His mane seemed to also have a cast of the blue hue. My strange eyes attempted to lock onto his blue orbs. He introduced himself as Farenjer, then looking into the distance before drawing his attention back to me. The male stood at about my height, though he was much larger than I. I am still scrawny and gangly, even at two years old. "Voodoo," I replied, another cloud forming with the words. "Descaro invited me to live here."

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou

Farenjer almost could feel his head cock to the side in curiosity at the stranger. A introduction was given "Voodoo," then informing the stag "Descaro invited me to live here." Descaro? Must be another citizen I have yet to meet. The lightning stallion sighed in grief to himself. Eyes wavered back onto the stallion known as Voodoo. A small glimpse of wonder twitched in his eyes as he spoke "Voodoo? I like your name." the stag rolled off his tongue as he looked upon the other. Small comfort tensed his muscles to relax, and casually lean on his side. He kept his stance politely as he thought more to speak of, or question.

This new stranger Voodoo was certainly different then of those he has met. Farenjer found it odd to see that this stag came from the cliffs of the tall leaning mountains. Dangerous, that certainly was, but also in a thick storm. He's got courage, and determination. He'd make a good soldier. Instincts echoed throughout his mind as sight fell onto to the path where Voodoo had came from. The tracks of this young unicorn had been swallowed up by the twisting weather already.

The lightning stag left the vision of the mountain ranges and he gave much attention onto Voodoo. He inquired "Welcome to The Basin Voodoo." Farenjer gave him a small smile afterward, but it soon had faded away from his lips. "I'm sure you'll fit right in. I must warn you though, many dislike newcomers around here. So don't be surprised if others do not like you. You'll just have to find your place and earn their respect." he paused. "You'll earn their respect by working in the ranks." Might as well tell him what he needs. Echoed throughout the stag's head.

Art- Kaydeniro || Coding- Time

The dark splashed stallion complimented my name, almost just as Descaro had in the Threshold. A smirk crossed my crimson features, toying with the corners of my mouth. "It seems to be the one thing every one likes about me." Why had Mother chosen to name me this? Voodoo? It was so unlike her. Possibly it was Father's choice.. the only thing he had wanted to do with me.

Farenjer's striking eyes looked past me, toward the mountain I had just stumbled down awkwardly minutes before. My attention followed his own for a split second, turning back to face the sturdy male as his attention drew back to me. "Welcome to the Basin Voodoo." A smile played across his face, the prominent blue strikes down his face moving as each muscle in his face did. He was certainly a curious creation. Should I smile back? No, the grin fell from Farenjer's lips.

The brute continued his introduction with a basic tell of my new family. The words were hollow, but appreciated. I wasn't one for jumping around and butting into another's conversations, but I would surely not even think of doing so now that I had this friendly warning. "You'll earn their respect by working in the ranks."

I bobbed my long face in understanding, my tangled mane tussling over my thin neck as my skull nodded up and down. "Thank you, Farenjer." His posture seemed comfortable, as it should be. This was his home, and he was introducing a new comer. I imagined what I would do if I were in his position. Probably awkwardly introduce myself and walk away after a short span of silence. Not to self, become less weary of others.. especially now that you have a home. I still stood straight up, my tail brushing my hawks tenderly with each slow swing.

IS IN YOUR HEAD