the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome. [ktu, joining]

Nym Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Don't be lonely, I'm always here
Quietly, I stalked to the edge of the Foothills. I wasn't daunting, nor was I dull, but I was drawing. I was young, spotted, vibrant, but not stupid. I knew I had much to learn, and what better place than to watch horses grow strong with me? I knew not of the boundary I stood behind, but I knew a herd lay just on the other side. It was fascinating to the me, being a one-year old, how one invisible line determined trespassing. Perhaps one day a horse would cross the border and jut say he hadn't. Wasn't it as simple as that?

The wind had been laced with secrets recently, and not all he understood, but he accepted the secrets. One had been of the Dragon's Throat building a wall to detour groups of horses that may attempt to invade the herd. There was also the looming threats of horses burrowed in the Northern part of Helovia, but I was one to ignore the secrets for he most part until I saw it for myself.

This land that charmed many horses with its tales about magic, vast nature and power, worked it's magic on me. The rolling green hills, the high sun deliberately keeping us warm as a cool breeze dares to freeze the land over. I let my gaze drop to the grass underneath my round and solid beige hooves. I conveyed no emotion as I looked at it. It was a challenge for a spindly legged foal as I to convey deep emotions. I had gotten that from my father, Torasin.

I needed to meet up with my parents, I hadn't known what had been happening for sometime. I missed Kiba, my father's dragon. Yes, it was annoying when he followed me and my bro everywhere, but I missed him. I missed my family, and I didn't know where they had gone. What would Abel be doing?

I let out a happy childish squeal as I thought of me and my bro finishing each other's sentences as if we were on the same wavelength. We hadn't gone many places after birth, but when we did it was fun.

I was tired of waiting. The field was losing it's appeal the more I was forced to stare at it. "Is anyone home?" My boyish tones echoing slightly over the land. I giggled slightly at how my voice got lower as it went on.. on... on.. on...

"blah blah blah."
[Image: abelandnymtable.png]
slime-stock.deviantart.com | venomxbaby.deviantart.com | dragoroth-stock.deviantart.com

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

"Is anyone home?"

Of course there was someone home. There was always someone home. Maybe instead of wondering if there was anyone there the colt should be wondering and worrying over who was there. Ktulu's ivory tail lashed against her legs as she stalked forward, her body becoming visible as she crested one of the hills that led toward the colt who had called out, what she considered, such a stupid question.

Ktulu liked to think that she looked intimidating, but with her swelling sides she probably looked nothing of the sort. Eytan assured her through his mental bond with her that she was intimidating. He reminded her of the encounter with Hana and how she had made the other mare cry. It stroked her ego and made her feel better, when it shouldn't have.

"What?" She snapped at the colt as she stalked closer. "What do you want?" Couldn't he see that she was in a bad mood and didn't want to be bothered? All she wanted to do was graze in peace, but there was always someone pushing boundaries. One day someone would catch her in the wrong mood and she would choke them the minute their hoof crossed her border.

The dark Chieftess came to a halt before the colt, her crimson eyes narrowed on his young face. He did not deserve her anger or her irritation, but her hormones were going haywire with her pregnancy. Nym could rest assured, however, that he was not the only one to suffer her wrath.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Each day's a gift and not a given right</style>

I traveled to the Foothills often, lingering well away from their boarders of course. My intent was to visit a certain lady, whose belly swelled with our child. Usually I grazed quietly, waiting to see Ktulu when she got a spare moment. The position of chieftess was busy one—but she knew where to find me. Truthfully this whole experience was rather beautiful and admiring; somehow I grew to love her more for it. She nurtured this little one, giving our babe life and breath. My mate had created another creature, a scary feat in itself.

Perhaps I was so eager for our baby because Cera and Hototo had grown so fast. I still grieved for the loss of youth, and longed for their childhood to return. I missed those gangly legs sprawling out from under them when a failed attempt at a glide sent them sprawling; and more than anything, I missed that sweet innocence. Those baby eyes staring up with all the love and trust this world had to offer. A gaze that could soften a hardened heart, and often warm those that were close to them.

Today it would seem that a yearling was seeking entrance. My head rose from its lazy position, orbs glancing toward the lad with muffled interest. “Is anyone home?” he called out. I smiled a little, hoping that Ktulu would emerge from the timbers. Sure enough, my wish came true. A dark form came as a shadow slipping through the quiet sleeve of our afternoon. She started speaking to him, not yet noticing me lingering along the treeline that wasn’t part of her land. Quietly I choose to listen rather than approach. Interrupting her job would be rude.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
Nym

I didn't, couldn't, understand. Why was she so fat and mean? I thought fat girls were supposed to tell stories and give out treats. So, what was she? Whatever this was, I wanted to be nice. "I'm Nym! I've come to join the foothills." I smile slightly, yet it was an odd feeling not knowing where Abel was. It was as if disappeared. I was sure my brother was fine, he was probably out frilling around, as was I.

I was curious, and young. What does this mean for Ktulu the Constricter?

What to say... what to say. This mare was obviously in a bad mood, but my child-like brain had no filter to decipher what and what not to say. Perhaps Ktulu would get his more developed questions? A soft airy nicker came from my throat as I spoke. "Why are you so fa-- big?" I didn't have the easiest time knowing what emotions to use, so the question could interpreted almost any way. I almost forgot! A sign of respect is to do some weird clacking thing. So I did it. Reaching my whiskery muzzle out, I open and close my jaw a few times before retreating. My furry audits perked forward.

I eyed her with a discreet nature. This mare looked strange to me. She had crimson red eyes that pierced through the air like blades, she had an ivory banner that matched her two-toned horn, and even though she had a horn, she carried no other signs that pointed to her being unicorn. Her legs were white with brindling that filtered into a deep dark coat. This fat one surly seemed rare, I'd never seen any thing like 'er.

Blah Blah Blah"
Large Image
[Image: tablenymnabel.png]
slime-stock.deviantart.com | venomxbaby.deviantart.com | dragoroth-stock.deviantart.com

Ktulu snorted harshly at the colt's introduction and claim that he was there to join the Foothills. "And what good would you be?" She demanded, her ears laying flat against her head and her eyes flashing with the promise of punishment should the colt be wasting her time, which she already assumed that he was. Did he even know what he was getting himself in to? No, she doubted it. And he obviously didn't know how to handle himself around a mare, let alone a pregnant one.

"Why are you so fa--"

"I swear to all that is holy if you finish that sentence and call me fat I will rip your tongue from your mouth and slit your throat with my horn." She growled at the colt. No, he definitely didn't know how to handle himself around pregnant mares. He certainly could use a lesson in manners and she would love to be the one to beat them into his thick head. Beside her Eytan flashed sharp white fangs at Nym and dug his sharp claws into the ground, just itching to slash the colt to ribbons for angering his already temperamental bond mate.

In her anger Midas' present went unnoticed, though his scent drifted about on the breeze that rippled the lush grass of the Foothills. "You'd better speak quickly." She warned the colt. "What have you to offer to the Foothills?"

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Each day's a gift and not a given right</style>

With aid from the whispers of a passing breeze, I am able to hone in on the speaking pair. Catching mostly Ktulu’s shriller sounding vocals and lastly the slower, more awkward adolescent tenors that had apparently only just dropped into manhood. Even from this distance it was bluntly apparent that yonder colt was still very green to our world. A few lazy blades of grass juts out from between my lips, I loosely catch the squared threads between yellow teeth and munch down until they disappear into the abbess that was my throat. Mouth is now free of entanglements and ears are perked to catch every muffled word. My feathers hang in a relaxed pose, the crook of my shoulders that attached meat to hollow bone was bent to allow cool air ample room across my barrel.

The child appears fixed in bolt, perhaps unsure of how to respond. Obviously he lacked the tact it took to enter into a clan of mercenaries and talk to their swollen mistress. Females had a way of being tricky, though, Ktulu wasn’t usually the unkind sort—this pregnancy had been hard on her. I could sympathize with both sides, and also carry the wisdom of remaining impassive to the situation. It wasn’t my title to judge how my lady ran her herd, just as I didn’t judge how Kri reared hers. The ways of leadership held little interest, I favored freedom to fly on a whim. Answering the calls of my family, friends and now love.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
Nym

"I swear to all that is holy if you finish that sentence and call me fat I will rip your tongue from your mouth and slit your throat with my horn." Mares where labyrinths so every direction you took, you were scolded. You call a mare beautiful and she snarls at you for not being honest. You call her ugly she gets mad you said she was ugly, despite the fact it was honest. You approach her normally and she calls you a player. What the hay was wrong with girls? Hence why I stayed away from them as much as I can.

Fearing for my tongue, and ultimatly my life, I decided not to ask anymore questions. It wasn't long before she spewed up a question, and her being female, meant I had to run or answer. I think the real question was if I had I be honest or not. I wasn't really sure. Whatever just so confusing. But ultimately I decided to answer honestly. "I'm still young and I have much to grow. Though, I promise I will grow big and strong."

I looked up at the brawny mare. How could she get so fat?! I knew I had come from my Momie's stomach, so did this mean she ate the baby?!?! MURDERER! My actions were subtle as I took only a tiny step back. I wouldn't want to anger her...

No, no. Of course she isn't crazy. Maybe I just hadn't approached her correctly. "I'm sorry I called you big." My little blue orbs dancing to the ground as I lowered my head slightly. I didn't really know what to do. Either she'd let me join or I'd prance over to to World's Edge.
Blah Blah Blah"

@[Ktulu]

Ktulu's crimson eyes never left the colt as she watched him and waited for him to either answer her question or blunder into another insult that would further her anger. Her teeth ground together as she listened when he finally answered her and she studied him. Perhaps he did have the promise of growing big and strong. He had draft blood in him, so there was no question that he would be big, but strong? She'd seen big horses that were weak cowards.

Her expression softened a bit as she considered the young colt. His age might save him. He could start learning young how to fight. Her warriors could train him and build his muscle and then he wouldn't be completely useless.

"I'm sorry I called you big."

Ktulu's ears flattened against her head again and her eyes narrowed. He just kept stepping in it, didn't he? "If you want to be part of the Foothills then you'd better learn when it's appropriate to speak." Not to mention what's appropriate to say. "Where would you even fit in with us?"

"."

Icon by Tay

Unregistered
Nym

I was so confused. I don't know what was wrong with me. Was I really stupid or really oblivious? The dark shadowy grullo mare questioned me much. In all honesty, I really didn't know when to speak, or when to even move. "I'd fit in with the mercenaries, ma'am" Did I make her sound old and feeble by calling her ma'am? Maybe I should've gone with M'Lady. I stand still, and intent. I was surely confused, but I didn't show it. I didn't show any emotion. Recently, I'd had a lot of trouble showing emotion. I vaguely remember my dad had trouble with this also.

I didn't understand.

What was I doing wrong? I'd obviously been away for some time and my speech and interaction hadn't formed yet. I'd come seeking a home, but I've gotten a fat mare. Was this a sign? Was this not going to be my home? I remembered my father, Torasin. Oh how I missed my father. I was very excited to see him. I was so nostalgic. It was sad what happened to my mother. I remember telling father she'd forgotten us. Mirage was present, and I liked Mirage. The black shadow was helpful and kind, like she'd always been. My family was at World's Edge. Maybe I could find Abel there also. I really wanted wanted to see my family... like, a lot. I couldn't even express how much I really missed them all. Had Abel grown as much as I had? I was nearly full grown and in the time I was aging to the age of two, I could learn the ways of battle. The Foothills horses could start preparing me by showing me simple moves. Then when I aged to the age of two, I could start fighting, training.
Blah Blah Blah"
@[Ktulu]

"I'd fit in with the mercenaries, ma'am."

"Hmph." The mare grunted as she looked at the yearling that had called her fat then had the nerve to ask for a place among her warriors. He would fit in with the warriors, would he? Her legs moved, carrying her in a slow circle around the youngster as she assessed him. Should she give him a chance or should she send him on his way? Would he actually make a decent warrior or would he be a sad excuse and make her warriors look weak?

Ktulu was still unsure of what her decision would be. She remembered being younger than him and wanting to be a warrior and not having the chance to. Not only was she too young but she was physically disabled. How could a disabled young foal ever aspire to be a warrior? Had it not been for the Earth God she'd still be disabled and unable to do what she had aspired to do all her life.

"Fine." The dark mare finally said. "Welcome to the Foothills. Since you want to be a warrior I suggest you find one of our warriors that's willing to take you in and train you." Her tail slapped against her legs as she turned and began to walk away. "Don't disappoint me." She called back as she left the newcomer.

Icon by Tay