the Rift

Lay Down The Laws [TRAINING SPAR, DESCARO]

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

Setting: Aurora Basin, early morning near the hot spring. Warm and muggy climate.
Rounds: 3 each, defensive closing
Magic/Companion Use: Allowed (Voodoo has none)
Other: Do whatever you'd like to him, he needs to learn. :)

round zero of three
Joyous whinnies and cantering foals, nipping and clamping at one another. The shadows of the forest devoured my shape, hiding me away from their sight. Mothers stood around, talking amongst themselves and watching their young play around. Some with wings, some with horns, some with each.. even some with none. But there was one, a unicorn mare that must have sensed me. Her eyes, they bore into me, at least in my direction. The happiness stopped and each foal coward to their mothers' side. My chest felt tight. The voices laughed at me. They knew I wanted to belong, just like the rest of them. I ran, my small feet carrying me far away.

I stood on guard near the steaming pond, the heat soaking into my cold body. Each tense muscle slowly relaxed, letting my head drop to a little higher than my thin shoulders, rather than perched high in the cold air. Steam rolled off the glass like liquid, tracing the nearby brush and vegetation until it evaporated into the somewhat chilly air. The sun sat high in the air, lingering behind few very clouds. It was almost as if Tallsun had not yet left us. Unusual, I suspected, for our herd land.

Red tipped ears rotated around, finding any sounds of interest. A few herd members voiced caught my attention, possibly a couple of squabbling mares, I ignored it. My intentions right now were to learn how to defend myself. With that, I would learn how to fight; how to drive the Basin to utter leadership over the rest of this god forsaken land. Pegasus after Pegasus would be constrained in some non-existent chamber, equines would do our deeds for us. Though, I can't get too ahead of myself. I knew not to underestimate my opponent.

I raised my head again, drawing a deep breath between red parted lips before letting out a long, drawn out whinny. Hopefully this would draw attention, possibly. I didn't seem to do that so often around here. Not that it bothered me. I rather enjoyed staying to myself, though they never let me. "Descaro" My voice reached far in our barren land, echoing off of cavern walls and further into the distance before cutting away from my hearing. "Come help me." The last words were not nearly as loud as my call of his name; they didn't bouce or seem to echo through the air.

My body became nervous suddenly, even though I still had not seen the bay stallion's face yet. Each muscle in my long, limber legs tensed up, causing my shoulders to seem to ball up as well. My ears swiveled around cautiously as if the brute were going to attack me from behind at any moment. The sun seemed to suddenly be very hot, and the air very thick, almost hard to breath in a way.

walking "talking" the voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi

It was early morning and Descaro was dosing in the sun's hazy light as slowly it rose to give heat to a normally cold place. However, it was muggy and the mahogany bay found himself twitching and slapping his tail as flies drew closer, landing upon his dark hide. All in all it seemed to be an average morning, later he would wander down to the Threshold before returning to patrol and sleep a little. It was a routine he'd gotten used to and seemed effective, the borders were kept safe and a steady stream of new recruits entered the Basin. Though Descaro couldn't help, but get agitated that this system was making him lax and lose sight of his goals. This limbo of nothingness. He wanted to be reminded of what it was like to feel the heat of battle and to grip his beliefs harder than ever before. It appeared that today he might just get to do that as a young boy's whinny sounded across the land, calling his name in the name of help. So Voodoo was quick to action was he? Not bad for a colt, not bad at all.

Quickly, he cantered off from the position of his dosing and went to find the child, who had placed himself near the hot springs. Descaro fell to a halt just a few paces away and hopefully on the right side of Voodoo, tilting his head as his eyes glittered with anticipation. "I like your enthusiasm my boy! Show me what you can do and let's see if we can make a fighter out of you" he said with honest emotion. He would give the colt a good run, though nothing too serious, Voodoo was still a comrade after all. With his youth and size the grulla boy would probably be faster than himself anyway, it's just if at such a young age if the child would realize it. His height was bound to reach further for the sky as he got older too, he looked to be almost grown, around his own height and maybe even higher in time. The last opponent he had faced had been a mare as black as midnight, with a similar build to his own, their strength and speed had been equal. This, however, would be much different and much fun.

Time to start the test.

Dark ears fell back as cloven hooves snatched at the moist hot spring ground, his galloping speed was cautious, so he would not slip on the unpredictable surface. Hoping his target had not moved, Descaro aimed a moderate bite for the right side of the colt's fleshy rump. Digging his hooves into the surface to slow down his moment whilst he attempted to get the bite on target. It was hard to keep himself in check, a part of him that burned for blood and wanted to go all out whilst he was constantly reminded that his opponent was still very young. A friend even. This was supposed to be a confidence boost not a confidence knock. It was hard for the soldier to balance spar with outright rage, to not underestimate his opponent, but not overestimate.

Such a fine line to tread that would hopefully become clearer to him as the fight went on, under the gaze of the humid sun.

[wc: 557 | 1/3 attack posts
Description: Descaro charges at Voodoo's right side, aiming a bite for his rump area.

ooc: Sorry for the wait Nevada! Good luck and have fun! ;D]

You won't get much closer
Until you sacrifice it all
You won't get to taste it
With your face against the wall

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

round one of three
Descaro succeeds on biting Voodoo's hind quarter, leaving Voodoo stunned and only able to kick at Descaro.

Just as my body had begun tensing itself up again, my attention came back to focus on the nearing stallion. His brilliant horn seemed to glimmer vibrantly, unlike mine. Though I did not mind; the genetics of Father had not completely ruined my body. The crimson crown that grew from my forehead was unique from my blood line. This was satisfying, knowing that I was different from him. Finally, the stallion reached me, stopping only feet from my body. The adrenaline began pumping through my body, hopefully making me ready for this beating.

Descaro's words were light and genuine, though I knew not to expect him to go too easy on me. I wouldn't want that, it would do nothing for me at the end. The comforting sentence almost seemed to calm my irrational nerves.. all too soon any way. His ears flicked back and with a swift movement, I felt his body move beside mine in a quick push. Completely surprised, my face lifted high into the air, red eyes watching ivory bones clamp onto my hind quarter before I could even react. The pain shocked me, though I would not let this stop me.

This was my training after all.

Two toned ears rotated back, burring themselves under the tangled mess of hair that drooped over my neck. Front quarters bunched up and I pushed off of the some what slippery ground, throwing my back legs toward -what I hoped- his direction. Red lips parted and an angry snort escaped from both my nostrils and throat at the same time, sounding rough and strange. Once all four feet were securely placed back onto the ground, I knew that I was not nearly swift enough to wheel back around without slipping. I was still some what uneven in my body structure, or, I had always felt that way any how.

You're going to let him do that and not even get a real kick in? Good job they decided to chime in already, although I tried not to pay attention. I forced them to the back of my mind; focus was what I needed the most right now. Finally giving into the fact that I am some what clumsy, I managed to turn at a descent angle, forcing my front half into a rear, preparing myself for the next blow. I look ridiculous, and I know it.

{Ooc: Oh believe me, you're fine. I know you're always busy, and thank you! :D }

walking "talking" the voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Descaro defaults to Voodoo.
Voodoo receives 1 VP.