the Rift

[OPEN] I've gotten this feeling before...

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

A r a h

It's not the dog in the fight,
but the fight in the dog

Golden orbs study the border of her home land, she did not want them to be invaded, however she felt confident that is they where invaded The Basin should win. Arah herself had been the one to venture out to the Windtossed foothills and seek The Grey's assistance. Should The Throat want to start a war...well Arah said let them come. Content that they where no pegasus currently riding over this side of the border, Arah turned and began to walk back into The Basin. She was hopeful for some company on this rather cold night. Her relationship with Crash hadn't worked out and she was feeling kind of...reckless. Not quite as crazy as some mares got when they found themselves alone, but she still wanted to flirt and put herself out there a bit more.

Was this against everything she believed in? Yes. Had she been raised not be be like this and always held herself as a proper lady? Yes. A smug smile was settled on the pale mare lips as she began her slow pace back into The Basin.

She was now almost completely used to the freezing temperature in the basin, not freezing her arse off every other night was excellent. She made head way towards her little den, still slow paced and turned inwards only really focussing on her thoughts. Behind her, hair tail dragged along the ground, her mane also swirled in the snow behind her. She was wide awake apart from it being the middle of the night. However she did realise that most of The Basin occupants would be asleep, so her chances of finding some entertainment would be slim. Still the mare was ever alert looking around for any being that would be out. She knew that others would be out, checking the borders of The Basin and would be too busy for a chat, but maybe, just maybe there would be someone out wanting to have a bit of a chat with her.

Notes; Open to anyone
Words; 335
Tag; Open.

[Image: 2ng9df4.png]
Thy-Darkest-Hour.deviantart.com | Breathless-dk.deviantart.com

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Arielle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Arielle
i say fuck it, lets kill them all

Days had passed on almost the same as any other time in life. Slow and meaningless. While my soul continues to plague my mind, turning into a beast. I've gone from normal to cruel and cold. Whilst not being racist purely I have become quite the smug and brutal creature. To all kinds including my kin, though I hold them with the utmost respect. I just can't shake this feeling. Like an annoying fly, pestering you until you throw a tantrum and take off bucking and acting like a crazy fool. These intimidating memories fading my sanity.

Feelings of chaos just surround me, killing me slowly. I've died time and time again, not physically but mentally. Been drained of all hope and love. I can't say I love my kin, nor my own kind, but I favor them. Favor them less than I favor myself though. You can not find yourself unless you are willing to live by your own means. What? I've contradicted myself. I don't care about myself. Nor do I care for them, I here for nothing. Just to walk around and live among a family. Ha. They know nothing of family. Know nothing of heartache. I've lost all I've ever known. Family can not be replaced. They will not replace my family. Just a mere stepping stone in my path. I'm on my way to victory.

Plotting by myself as I walk the surrounding borders of where I've made myself comfortable. Watching closely while Arah, the mare whom I have little respect for, makes her way to a den. A den I am sure she claims as hers. There's a sly smile perched upon her lips and I can almost feel the chaos rolling from her. The display of what I considered dominance, hushing me from my cursing (which it was far from such) in the meeting with a pegasus colt I had no intentions of ever siding with or speaking to again, set me on edge. She knew not who I am, I know not who she is. The mare had no real concern for me as I didn't for her either. Arah had no use in treating me like an insignificant foal, I almost felt scolded. Perhaps if I wasn't so arrogant and cold I wouldn't feel as though that was her objective. Either way I am no fan of her.

Slow was her pace tonight, from which I could tell her sweet little time scene was begging for attention. Attention she wants, attention she'll get but I cannot promise she will enjoy my brutality tonight. So I walk just a little bit, stopping far enough from her I'm sure her gaze has settled upon my familiar form. Cold steel eyes watch her with spite and hate. I hope she can feel the disaster seeping from my bones. I feel like dancing and not in the kind way, more of a battle dance. Test this mare, see what she's made of, to know if she is truly worthy of hushing me or claiming me as some sort of acquaintance. Come Arah, lets have a wonderful meeting.

A r a h

but the fight in the dog

Her eyes rested on Arielle, she did not miss the mare's body language. She seemed angry and with no desire to receive the brunt of it, Arah gave the mare a slight nod of her head and then continued on the path she had chosen. She watched the waves of anger and hatred roll off the older mare and the pale mare tutted quietly. Clearly another one that was desperate for power and wanted to dominate Arah. Well unfortunately for Arielle, that would not be happening tonight, she had been her longer, she had done more work for The Basin and was responsible for keeping it safe. In fact Arah was the reason that Arielle was able to sleep so easily at night with the feeling of safety, Arah had walked the entire way to the foothills, Arah had faced The Grey and pushed away her pride to ask for their help on behalf of the Basin and Psyche. Arah had brought them back Arah had done the work it was Arah, Arah and oh yeah Arah.

What had Arielle done? Screamed some insults at a pegasus to try and get him away from The Basin...oh yeah, she failed at that as well. However the younger mare would not lower herself to the hateful mare's standards. Instead she held her crown high fact strolled through The Basin, taking her time and acting as if Arielle was nothing more than a boring tree. Something that was not worthy of her attention. When she was just before the angry mare Arah paused and smiled at her, should she play the game of cat and mice or should she speak?

Speak, so she did. "Arielle, you are angry." A statement, her voice was quiet and calm, slightly smug and coy. She stepped closer and studied the mare, assessing the risk. "If you are angry at me for the incident with the Pegasus, I urge you not to be." She sighed and began strolling past the mare as if bored with the conversation already. "I hope that you will calm down soon and talk to me about it. Not fight me." Arah turned back to the older mare hoping to see her a little calmer. She looked at Elle. "I had the situation under control, I may not have been as direct to him, but he still understood the message." Now the mare's tones were cold as she looked at the mare. Disgust dripped from her features. "I implore you, calm down." She was in a bad mood and had taken on worse than Elle.

Notes;
Words; 432
Tag; Arielle and Open.

Arielle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Arah was a mare meant for looks not one for the fight. Surely she could hold herself upright for a few moves but clearly her fragile Arabic appearance was not sturdy for a full on battle. With the antlers of a buck and hair that flows long and graciously she looks majestic and feminine. As if to lure you in and fool you but this mare is not fooled. No I am held properly in my own opinion, suffocated by an awful hatred. Safety? If Arah was to claim she was the reason I could sleep so soundly without worry, I'd laugh in her face and spit words of acid down the white mares throat. No. You are never safe. Ever. No matter the discussions, battles, and treaties you make. There are threats everywhere. I don't need a home to feel safe, I need death to feel safe. Paranoid and distant I am. I can feel the sanity leak from my bones. As the days pass by I'm left on my own, drowned by an extreme pounding. Arah was not the only one in this damn herd that has done things. Fuck selfish bitches who think the whole damn world revolves around them. I've laughed by now, a low chuckle full of hate and spite. A sound that revolts from a rolling tongue and a fowl face. I smile rudely to Arah as she attempts to seem bored and the least bit attracted to my presence, her own legs walking as if I am a mere stone she's seen a billion times and has no interest in engaging along her path.

Then she stops. Smiling to me. As if she conquered the world, as if she is more mature than me. Perhaps to her that is mature, perhaps to others I'm mature. Again everything is based upon opinion. 'Arielle you are angry.' a smile peels black lips apart as wretched words fall without grace "Do you always point out the obvious, to feel less ignorant?" I sigh "Or perhaps you feel engaging in conversation with an angry fool will make you feel better in that pathetic little heart of yours." onyx hoof stomps the snow that falls beneath me. Arah's voice continuing to slice the air. My ears have pinned themselves by now, slick to my neck. Wind parting my mane and whipping it over my ears to completely hide them. "I do not care enough for you to calm myself by your means but please continue, grow with your attitude I'd be more than happy to pound your ass into the dirt." I snort. Aiming to land some disgusting liquid on her face as I clamp my teeth shut, swinging my face to her. "You do not belong here anyways, you're not a fucking unicorn you're a god damn deer, a male deer to be exact." Antlers. She bore antlers.

[ooc- life is crazy busy, with work family and social life! I am so sorry to take so long to reply and for the quality to be like this. Try to bear with me! :/ I'm trying lol.]
I say fuck it, lets kill them all.
ARIELLE
Image Credit

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo
never take advice from someone who just admitted to being devious and just confessed to treason

The Aurora Borealis danced across the sky like a ribbon of light, constantly changing as it twisted its way over the horizon in a fluid display of colours. Whenever they appeared above the crowns of mountain tops Roland would take a moment to admire them, following their movements with his eyes as they wound their way among the stars. In a place where rock and snow bleached all vibrance from the land, he found the northern lights to be one of the few beautiful things in the Basin. However, it didn’t seem like the night would remain as peaceful as the Impersonator had originally thought.

Raised voices carried across the flat stone that made the palm of the valley, shattering the peaceful fallacy and drawing Roland’s attention with the newfound silence. Recklessly, he decided to pursue them. The wind blew his troublesome forelock into his eyes as he approached, reminding him again of the oncoming winter whose arrival he so dreaded. Looking ahead, he spotted a patch of snow illuminated in the darkness and moved towards it, belatedly realizing that the exchange was not louder than necessary because the Unicorns were attempting to be heard over the howling wind, but because they were angry.

And in the end, the spot of white among the darkness was not in fact snow, but the form of a familiar friend. As Roland neared them he began to make out their dialogue, expressions of confusion and worry etched across his features. “No one is going to be pounding anyone’s ass into the dirt,” he called out firmly, casting Arielle a stony glance. The last time Roland had seen the pair they had been comfortable in each other’s company. What could have soured that familiarity? He quickened his pace until he had reached Arah’s side, casting her a brief, inquisitive glance.

Is something the matter?” He asked, turning to face Arielle. He had not been quick enough to catch the majority of their exchange, but from what he gathered there was a fight brewing, though over what he could not be sure.

image credits

A r a h

but the fight in the dog

Ignorant... Arah rolled her eyes but waited when the older mare continued on her rant. Now she tries to slice Arah by muttering something about having a pathetic heart. Pathetic because she wasn't a cow? Swallowing back the urge to laugh Arah refused to drop to the mare's level. Instead she watched the mare with a curious expression, acting as if she was the half time entertainment during a play. Now the threats. Ah yes, Arah had been expecting them. As they tumbled from the other mares lips a sense of disappointment filled her. Was that really the best Arielle had in her arsenal? Good lord this mare had a thing or two to learn about insults and threats. Still Arah waited, frowning slightly as Arah knew that there would be more from the other. Mmm, a jab about her antlers. Now she smiled finally in silence.

"Well if you're quite done I've got places to be." She spoke as if shaking off an pathetic fly. However before she was able to wonder off, Roland appeared, her hero. "Yes, I would say that something is the matter." Arah watches Roland now, refusing to look at the grime that belonged on the bottom of her hoof. Her voice was still soft, calm and collect. Arah wasn't angry or even the slightest bit hurt by Arielle's taunts. They had actually entertained her for a while. But now they were already in the past and Arah was ready to move on. "I had finished my partol duties and was on my way back to my home when Arielle here," Eyes flicked to the useless waste of space. "Started to scream at me." She sighed as if she was discussing a troublesome child with Roland. "She is upset because she feels that I wasn't ruse enough to an intruder that appeared on our borders." Arah spoke nothing but the truth.

Was the intruder gone? Yes. Did he harm anyone? No. Did her listen more to Arah than Arielle? You bet your ass he did. Arah wasn't even slightly in the wrong. This other being was.
Only Arah had better things to do, better people to talk to than some other herd member that didn't approve of her methods. "However I do not wish to sink to her standards, I was about to walk off before you appeared Roland." Now with a friend by her side Arah felt even more confident. She extended her muzzle towards his neck, offering a greeting. He would be able to shrug it off if he did not wish to greet her.

Notes;
Words; 432
Tag; Arielle, Roland & Open.

Glo
never take advice from someone who just admitted to being devious and just confessed to treason

Roland had not been a part of the Basin for very long, nor had he met many of its inhabitants, but Arah had grown close enough to be called a friend. The Impersonator preferred to have few of those, for it was much easier to do his job when he didn’t have to spare a thought for relations that could be potentially harmed or endangered as a result of his work, but he had grown to like her all the same. It had been a reluctant affection at first, as it had developed in so short a time, but he knew Arah as he had never had the chance to know anyone in a long time, and it was comforting.

Naturally he turned his attention to her for an explanation, listening calmly as she supplied him with one and returning her greeting with a brush of his muzzle against her cheek. “If this intruder was taken care of, regardless of what method was used to go about it, then I’d say the problem has already been solved,” he responded with patience in his eyes, hoping to ameliorate the situation.

Yet it turned out his calming words were not needed after all, for Arielle dismissed herself shortly after, leaving Roland and Arah to stand in the dark silence with the northern lights spanning above their heads. The Impersonator cast a gaze towards them, relaxing as the tension seeped from the air. “Walk with me,” he intoned, brushing his muzzle against the white mare’s withers in invitation as he turned away. Roland always looked forwards to spending time with her, sinking into the easy familiarity they had adopted around each other. Ever since they’d met there had been an air of comfort about Arah that Roland found strangely appealing; perhaps it was because he had finally found a friend after months of lacking any kind of social bonds, or more simply because he enjoyed surrounding himself with women.

How has life been treating you since last we spoke?” He asked, feeling the need to fill the silence with his voice. They hadn’t seen each other since the pact with the Grey had been made, and it had been too tense a time for him to enjoy her company properly. Every now and then he would think of the scar on his neck, two small marks that were barely noticeable yet unmistakably there, and how even though he had been a complete stranger she had taken the time to help him.

(<3)

image credits

[Image: 2weylw9.png]

Arah
Look in to my eyes and I can change your fate.
However the gold will haunt you forever.

"My hero." Her honey and silken tones slipped off her tongue, her adoring gaze settled calmly on Roland alone now. Ever since they had first helped each other in that meadow, Arah had harboured a slight crush for the calm Impersonator. He asked her to walk with him and she happily obliged, accepting his familiar touch. She followed him, only a few paces behind silent. Only feeling a slight need to fill their comfortable silence, Arah decided to let Roland do it. He had always been better at speaking than her, with his smooth and collected tone, he was the one that had really sealed the deal with The Grey. Just as she had suspected, he spoke to her filling their silence with a kind question. She smiled, and thought for a moment. "I've been busy, but life has been treating me quite well." She paused now, and glanced towards him with her golden gaze. "I've recently been gifted with magic." She normally kept this bit of information to herself. Not keen to share it was many in fear of them wanting to abuse it. However when it came to Roland she trusted him and this friendship completely. She knew that he would not betray her trust in him by wanting to abuse to power or go blabbing about it to other people.

She did not elaborate on what the gift did, sure that if was he was interested to know more, that he would ask. Having missed his company greatly, Arah was unable to keep the small grin off her face. After everything with The Grey, Arah had strayed from the Basin to try and learn more about it's members. She had already met and befriended two of them. She hoped with these friendships, she would be able to talk with them as friends, should anything go wrong with the contract. But this was all after she had been gifted with the new skill, making her realise that life was all about experiencing not worrying. She had learnt to let herself go more, and with this new carefree attitude she had found life much easier. It was with this attitude that she now continued speaking with Roland. "I've met a few other Grey members, to try and help our case, should anything go wrong with the contract." She smiled now thinking about the two friendships she had formed with people from another herd. She was glad to do anything for her home, The Basin. With this responsibility came many pleasures, like making friends and being allowed to travel and receive magic. It was an honour to know that she had become to accepted into The Basin and on her travels she had missed it greatly.

"But how about you Roland?" She looks to him again with her golden gaze. "How has life been treating you?" It was so easy, so comfortable. Why had it taken them this long to catch up again? All she could think was how much she had missed him, admittedly some of it was probably to do with the stupid crush she had on him. She watched the way he moved subtly as possible, smiling to herself. At the moment, he was her own guilty pleasure.

[[OOC; Sorry about the wait and how crappy this reply is. Life got hectic but it's all good now, also the next reply will be better. <33]]

Glo

Their pace was slow and meandering, but still it took them away from Elle and the recent conflict, allowing the pair to slip back into the easy familiarity that had come with their friendship. Soon all past transgressions were forgotten, any tension in the frigid air slipping from their notice. Roland wasn’t sure if ‘hero’ was the right epithet to add to his current list of titles, such as trickster, fraud, and cheat, but he supposed he liked the ring of it and found himself laughing at Arah’s jesting remark. “Anything I can do for you,” he intoned with a playful smirk, reminding himself of the morning they had met in the Thistle Meadow. By now the scar that had once left an ugly mark across the golden skin of his throat was now a mere fading imperfection, two small dips in his flesh where the snake’s teeth had sunk in.

He was glad that Arah had much to say, for he could feel sleep weighing heavy on his eyelids, and was content for once that he wasn’t depended upon to keep the conversation flowing. He nodded along to her replies, eyes trained on her white pelt even in the dark. Her mention of magic caught his attention more firmly, curiousity fighting its way through the weariness that bogged him down. He possessed no powers of his own, though Mauja had once advised him to obtain some to ease along his work of fraud, and it was something he fully intended to do, but he didn’t feel it was a priority; after all, he had managed for several years upon a network of falsehoods and corrupted truths, without a change of face to erase suspicion or prevent familiarity.

I hope it’s not the kind that turns men into frogs,” he jested with a wink. If he felt any envy at all, it was easily suppressed, and he flashed a congratulatory smile towards his fellow Impersonator. “So what is it exactly that you can do?

Roland mentally flinched away from her following question, tilting his chin to look up at the northern lights as if gathering his thoughts. Life had been complicated since joining the Basin, not that he had ever assumed it to be elementary, but things had seemed much simpler back in Anorien; when he’d had a stable, temperate land to call home and many companions to surround himself with, for even as a child he had been charismatic. It was the haven that he had fought hoof and horn for during the Civil War, suffering from a great many things while also thriving from the lessons learnt through his foolish mistakes, and somehow even the worst memories were looked upon with the slightest amount of wistfulness.

Rather than voicing his burdens he decided to lie for Arah’s benefit, as he was often wont to do. “Quite well,” he responded, the smile in his voice and eyes erasing any hesitance in his cadence. “I think I will be able to consider myself very lucky if I survive Frostfall without becoming a snowman.” The joking tone in his voice was unmistakable, even if he was venting a true concern of his; without the hot springs to soak in from time to time there would have been nothing that could convince him staying in the Basin through winter was a good thing. But he soldiered on, intending to reap whatever benefits he could get his hands on from the job he currently worked, thirsting for another opportunity to put his silver tongue to use.

image credits