the Rift

[OPEN] Bump in the Road [Kri/Open]

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

ENGINEERS CREATE THAT WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN

Ulrik was not so much angry as he was irritated. This hitch in his road was unplanned and therefore unwelcome. He had too many things to do, too many ideas, and too little time already. Kri most likely just wanted Cassiopeia, but the mare had been so unhelpful that he was tempted to keep the winged creature longer. Anyway, not having to watch after her would be a pleasure, but giving her back at that time had not been an option.

Oh well. Ulrik's cloven hooves landed in sand, and he looked around the land with a curious glint in his eyes, taking a look at the landscape. Deserts had little to offer in way of beauty, but it was an interesting break from the norm of mountains, mountains and even more mountains. The metal wolf lifelessly stalked at his sides and halted when its master did, gears whirring and finally locking into place to stand without needing to use energy.

The day was ordinary. Nothing new. A cool breeze hit his fur and the sky was overcast, evening at the height of noon. It rustled through his thick beard and long, leonine tail, and he had to toss his head to keep his bronzed forelock from tangling around his two, massive and twisted horns. "Is there something you need?" he asked in his baritone, dark voice.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

speak of all the love we lost and what it cost us</style>
left us to beg our breath would stop, but we kept on</style>
AND WE WERE STRONG.</style>

He kept his composure well. As such, so would I.

I stand firm upon the ground, recognizing the stallion's face from a brief encounter in the Meadow, but otherwise having little knowledge of him. I remember the strange mechanical wolf from before, and that he had claimed to be an engineer. The likely reason behind Cassiopeia's delayed return was probably a damned machine. It would be hard for an outcast to hold another body hostage for so long, unless he had help. I immediately begin to suspect Psyche, but there is no proof to link her to this, as far as I know. The bitch had fought me off once, but I was not one to cut my losses. Instead, I just came back with more vengeance the next time.

"Maybe," I say flatly to him in response to his equally flat question. "A couple of answers. Answer honestly and your stay here will be short." My dark eyes are not cold, yet decidedly not fiery. He had not pissed me off yet, but I was are from considering him someone I could relax around. Yes, my muscles are ready for any action, in case he should think his escape would come easily today. I look at him with a face of stone, quite an accomplishment for me, I must admit, before speaking once more.

"Why did you seek out and capture Cassiopeia?" No nonsense and to the point. More than getting my sister back, I was concerned overall with knowing why she was gone in the first place. To my knowledge, we had done nothing to provoke this creature. Whoever he was working for, I wanted to know.
""

KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
You are my idea of beautiful
"The search for my father was still underway, and I had by all means not given up. I would find him, not matter how long it took. I was still so young, a filly of only a few months, and I kept checking that which was close to me before adventuring out of my homeland. I was weary of having to leave, to be out on my own for the first time, but I wouldn't let my fears stop me.

It was then that I saw the great Sultana of our land with a stranger. I could see he was a stallion, and he was dipped in black and gold. He had two horns attached to his head, and strange golden markings on what side from what I could see. I crept closer, catching the conversation from the beginning. What he one of those racist unicorns from the Aurora Basin? Kri asked about the mother of Azulee, but not about my father. It could have been that this was the person that stole her in the first place, but all I wanted to know was where my father was.

I dashed my way towards the Sultana, keeping my body close to her. I hoped she wouldn't scold me for being so close, but I had my own agenda and questions for this stranger.

"And do you know where the stallion Valentine is? Is he being kept in your homeland as well?"

My voice shook, and I looked down to avoid both their gazes, waiting for a response to my unexpected intrusion.

OCC Note: I wanted to throw her in here, if you can I'll take it down, I thought it would be interesting.

walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

ENGINEERS CREATE THAT WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN

The engineer watched as a feathered mare approach. In comparison to his massive, muscular form, she was a little, porcelain dish with feathers. Tiny. Breakable. But, her attitude was decidedly larger than her body, and from the shape of her wings, she was fast and precise. Those skills could easily make up for her stature and gender, perhaps. Not much could make up for the female state of being and their general irrationality and child-spawning ways. This one seemed different, however. Instead of screaming in his face, she seemed almost calm.

Perhaps she was a male.

Her preface was simple and agreeable, so the engineer nodded simply to show that he did in fact intend to follow this rule. She was clever enough to catch him in the first place. The least he could do was cooperate.

Why did he seek out Cassiopeia? That was a good question. He did not necessarily do it for Psyche, but he had his own questions that had not been answered. The pegasus was annoyingly elusive.

"I wanted answers from a pegasus who was close to the gods, and perhaps, I was going to trade her for my own gains." The stallion answered honestly and simply. "Being an outcast has its disadvantages, but following Psyche to the Basin after the war for the World's Edge seemed more than just a little unappealing." Ulrik's expression soured ever so slightly, bronze eyes glinting with madness. "I am not one to follow those who abandon their own to spawn children they carelessly came to term with." The words were cruel, cold and brutally honest. In a way, they made sense if you took emotion and love out of the equation of making babies.

"But without a herd and a wise one to follow, I needed answers. I wanted to know where the gods were going to arrive next. I have plans, you see - with my abilities. But I am irritatingly bound to their whims. With Cassiopeia's connection to the gods, I assumed she would be able to give me insight into their plans so that I may make myself known." Ulrik also answered honestly. Though he had not had the chance to ask her such things himself. He had gotten distracted building a gate over caves in the Basin.

"After I gained information from her, I planned on trading her to the Aurora Basin, if they would take her. When I took her there, I got distracted. I cannot say they seemed entirely interested regardless. I am not one to observe facial cues, but Mauja did not seem comfortable with her presence there in a captive state." Ulrik glowered a little, having expected his former leader to praise him for his capture of the feather brained kinds. No, instead, he got distracted and built a gate. Of all the things. "I have a loyalty to my former leader. He stood at our side when we fought, and those who fight together are family."

Ulrik's sentiments did not exactly reach his metal heart, but the words seemed to ring in his mind as truth. In a way, logic was love for this strange, charcoal stallion. The curve of metal and smell of oil was lust. A perfect equation was bliss. "But I acted alone in taking Cassiopeia from you; I wanted answers, but she is too... Her head is in the clouds too often to answer, I believe." Feather brained. Cloud brained. What more did he expect from a female pegasus?

The engineer saw another rush up. She was a unicorn, which was intriguing. He thought this band only accepted the winged kind, but apparently he was wrong. Emotion seemed to shake her, and he rolled his eyes in utter irritation. How was a female pegasus more in control and sane than this unicorn? His species was turning into folly. She should be ashamed of herself.

He snorted sarcastically, bronze eyes leveling wildly on her. A twisted grin crossed his lips, and he tilted his head to the side. "What home? Wherever my hooves rest is where I call home..." he growled. "I am an outcast, and I know none by the name of Valentine. If he is taken from you, that was not of my doing, so go pester someone else with your petty problems." Ulrik shook his head, grunting while turning his stare back to the sane, winged one.

The world was mad.