the Rift

[OPEN] Grounds for Recourse

Lev Fence Posts: 26
Windtossed Foothills Warrior
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 41 months
Adoptable

Lev Fence</style>

Once the stallion would have run from the threshold to his new home. He would have galloped off into the distance, eyes filled with a certain wild joy that only accompanied the sensation of wind rushing against one's unmarked chest. But today he was tired, and today he would rest.

He had slowly journeyed back to the Foothills. Bearing heavily upon his back were the weights of his past and his new, rather sudden and unexpected future. So much pulled his happiness from him these days, it was hard to remember when he had been carefree. By the river he let his body fall at last. His front legs extended delicately forward to the shore; the cold of the water was a shock, but a welcome one. Slowly but surely, the blood and grime washed away, revealing the pure white beneath and the strange, black marking upon his leg. He saw it clearly then, for the first time. Perhaps it was his mark of survival among the scars. Perhaps it was meant to be borne with pride.

The grim morning turned sour above him and faint washes of a light, mizzling rain spattered over the body of the expired stallion. At each opportunity he inched forward into the rippling water until he lay entirely on the riverbed, with water soaking his sides. Exhausted and at last feeling safe, he let his neck fall back onto the shore and his head rest in the grass. Each breath was labored at first, but time and sleep settled over the stallion. It wasn't long before his eyes fell shut and his breathing was little more than a whispered hush under the rain.

[[ Open to all! At some point soon the Sons should stop by and take him in, but it doesn't have to be this thread. A healer might be helpful here too, but he can tough it out on his own if none show up, or, again, another thread can always happen. Sorry for the shortness, I suck at starting threads. :x ]]

Credits

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Her frame was shivering, water dripping down her body. She had no idea how to spar and everyday the deadline drew closer, every day the prospect of having her ass handed to her become more than a mere possibility. Hana the deserter, if she would ever loose that title she would be forever grateful. Her ruby eyes were set forward but were blank, emotion and expression where over rated at the moment. Hana was only readying herself to feel the pain that her sister and leader had promised. As the rain ran down her body she got up from her place under the tree and ventured forward. She was too nervous to lay down, hell she was too nervous to sleep. Was she hungry or thirsty? Well neither really, so she pressed forward on her unknown path, silent. Her movements where short and jerky, her frame was also still shivering and while she did not know if it was from the rain or from the idea of sparring, she blamed her sister entirely.

Her journey brought her to a river, which she splashed into to, not entirely sure why. Well she was already wet, so why not get completely drenched right? Might even die of some horrible illness before she had to face the spar matches. As she was walking her thoughts were vicious and deeply internal, at first the dainty mare did not notice the injured stallion. Her ruby eyes where downcast as she paused in the river, a single tear trailing down her cheek. She closed her eyes and tossed her head to shake it away. Taking in a few deep calming breaths she opened her eyes to the injured stallion laying in the river. Shock first filled her body, she locked up and assed what she saw. Deciding it was safe to approach, she paused beside him and bent closely to study his injuries. She wasn't sure if he was asleep or unconscious. "I'm Hana, sister of Lakota." She decided to speak to him incase he could hear her. She gently nudged one of his smaller injuries. She would be able to heal all of the smaller wounds, the sore muscles and even the medium damage, but for the bigger injuries she could only really make them slightly smaller and lessen the pain for him. Once she knew what she was facing she quickly trotted off to a plant with large leaves. Facing one of the leaves she got to work on brewing a healing drought. She felt the magic light up inside her, taste it's sweetness and see it's bright colours. A sweet happy feeling filled her body and a smile crept upon her lips. Before her eyes the water on top of the leave was absorbed and the leaf changed from a dark green colour to bright green, it was done. When she finished, she felt the bliss the magic had given her fade away, and her bitter feelings returned. Pulling the leaf from the tree with her teeth she quickly trotted back to the stallion. "Are you strong enough to eat this?" She asked through clenched teeth and hovering over the stallion frowning.

Hana
And I won't lie they keep me on my toes these days.

image credits
table by whit

Adoptable

Lev Fence</style>

Old wounds that had healed in part and infected in the other drank greedily from the water of the river. Cold river stones pressed against his skin and made for him a bed of ice, but he did not sleep well. His dreams were dark, his rest fitful. Even in spite of the numbing of his surroundings he kicked out into the water, splashing himself with the movement. But haunted or not, sleep was sleep, and the stallion had not lain to rest in countless days, so each time he awoke he forced himself back into the dark.

The next time that he awoke, it was for a different reason entirely. He had been on guard for too long to rest through the touch of a stranger. Slight pressure upon a wound that grew older each day aroused him, and with a snap of his neck he was staring directly at the blurred silhouette of a retreating mare.

And for a time he thought that was all she was. A dark mirage, perhaps a shadow left imprinted on his mind to haunt him. He heard nothing and saw nothing more as the dark shadow retreated into the woods. He felt alone, he felt insane. He began to doubt how he had come here in the first place. Faintly, he wondered if he was even here at all, or if this was instead some figment.

Strange, he had never imagined heaven to look quite like this.

But then, just as his lashes threatened to strike his cheeks, she appeared again. An angel, if this was indeed heaven, carrying betwixt her lips a leaf of shimmering green. On her cheek rested a trail of wet, perhaps from a tear, or perhaps from the faint rain that fell from the grey morning sky. He could barely hear what she said as a faint weakness settled over him. Though he angled his legs to lift his body, he did not move as he commanded himself. Instead he could only reach forward to touch his lips to hers as he pulled from her teeth the leaf.

In that moment, he trusted her implicitly and completely. The plant was like a sweet savior's nectar, dissolving in his mouth and filling him with a sense of strength. The fever and infection from the strikes of the shadows faded almost instantly, and the few small patches of skin that remained open sealed themselves into scars. In moments he felt as if he was glowing; in his eyes, lit from behind by the pale light of a dreary day's sun, blurred by the streaks of rain obscuring his vision, she was glowing.

"Thank you, angel," He said, his voice clearer than he could remember hearing it for quite some time, a bit of his old spark back. He wasn't quite sure while he called her angel, especially since her true name floated vaguely in the back of his mind. He wasn't sure if she truly was his angel, (though he could never genuinely call someone such as her his own, of this he was certain) or if maybe even his old, flirtatious instincts were kicking in. She was, he supposed, beautiful. He did not feel for her in any way, but he supposed that yes, she must have been beautiful.

He wasn't quite sure who or what she was, he didn't really care. He couldn't answer any of those questions about himself, either. It seemed now, in this grey morning weather, that it was best to let things answer themselves.

Credits

Unregistered
He came back to life before her very eyes and a grin crossed over her lips, as she watched. Her gift was amazing and in a way, it was a guilty pleasure of hers. Excitement and bliss came to her every time she used it, when she healed she felt a sudden rush take over and she felt invincible. However these feelings were nothing compared to what she felt when she healed someone. He called her an angel and a chuckle tumbled from her lips. "No, I am not an angel." She grinned at him and the backed off slightly to give him some space. Her eyes looked over were his wounds had been and then sighed happily. "Call me Hana" She introduced herself again, ruby eyes sparkling. She looked over the stallion now and wondered how on earth he had gotten the injuries. "What can I call you?"

The question itself was an open interpretation, he could give her a name, a title or no real answer at all. She did not like pressing questions upon others forcing them to answer them if they did not want to. A smile still danced across her lips though and now she still was positively drenched. However the bland mood that had been plaguing her before now dispersed along with his injuries. The prospect of company filled her with joy. Even more hid company seemed to promise much more joy than the meeting with Lakota and Ktulu had gone. She still found herself crying tears of frustration over that situation. The imposing death wish of the two mares was also becoming unbearable. A sigh escaped her lips which surprised her, she had been dwelling within her thoughts for far too long. She knew that there was a troubled expression on her face.

She still wanted to learn about how he had become so injured. Her eyes watched him with concern now, wondering if her had any persuaders. No threat seemed to be present though and she walked up the bank of the river to face the rest of the herd land. She wanted now to get out of this blasted rain. "Would you like to join me to find some shelter?" She offered, a shiver ran down her spine that definitely had to do with the rain this time. "Perhaps, if you wish too, you can tell me how you received those injuries." She herself heard the concern in her voice. Hana had always been mothered, although as she had gotten older a mothering side had come out in her.

Hana

image credits
table by whit

Adoptable

Lev Fence</style>

She asked Fence who he was, and then went on, pelting him with questions as the rain did with wet. It was not that she was relentless, for Fence felt that such a persistence carried with it a negative understanding, but her curiosity, even while born of amicability, was overwhelming. He still struggled to stand- still extended a jet black hoof and tried to embed it in the slippery, rocky shore so that he might erect himself. She was far ahead of him, backing from him on feet that seemed nimble to the slow-moving stallion. He was healed, but he was still overtaken with the exhaustion that had almost kept him from this new home.

It would have been a crime to forget his journey here- his endless toil, his monotonous trek across barren lands and through shadowed turmoil. He did not forget it, he would not. But his name? When she asked, he realized with a sudden lurch that, perhaps after such little use, he had forgotten it completely.

So what was he to say when she asked? He kept quiet for some time, his lips pressed tightly together as he struggled and at last gained his footing. His steps were ragged, lurching, and tentative, like a child's, but confidence swelled within his breast nevertheless. She spoke of the rain, and of supposed shelter, and for the first time he began to feel the cold, gritty stains of the rain and mud splattered across his once coat. He realized suddenly what he had done to himself in his stupor, and, looking down at his dirt-coated legs, snorted in disgust. "A way out of the rain sounds wonderful, Hana," He answered in a slow, soft tenor, taking care to test out her name with a smile and an upwards glance to catch her eye.

He pulled his body back, leaning onto healed legs and testing them anew. He curled back his neck, catching sight of fresh scars that glittered in the grey light of the rising storm. He was different, now- he was no longer a frivolous runner, he was a soldier. He wasn't sure he was comfortable with the new title, but it was his nonetheless. "You may call me whatever you wish," he said at last, suddenly and out of the blue. His thoughts had parted as he had realized all the questions she had asked and he had neglected to answer. "I have been through much; the story of these scars and the relics of my past, even my name, are things I'd rather not dwell on," he told her respectfully and solemnly. She seemed a kind and understanding sort, he hoped she would heed his words and respect his wishes. Perhaps someday, when he knew her better- no, when he knew himself better- he would tell her of his past.

Credits

Casimir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable
but more useful than a life spent doing nothing
Blood trickled down his long white legs, consisting of cuts and bruises from his earlier adventures. He felt himself still sick, and he was slowly making his way back to the Foothills. What had happened in the Heart was sickening to himself, and he remembered all of it, and it still hurt. He didn’t know exactly how to handle it, and it was not the time to deal with it now. He had to make it back in one piece, even if he was dying inside. His throat burned from the acid of his stomach, as he had been trying throwing up this whole time, but still nothing came but some acid. He was choking on it, and it hurt worse now. His stomach was still twisted in knots, and he was shakily moving his body towards the hills. He could see it in sight, and as much as he wanted to run to it, he couldn’t. The energy was draining from his exhausted body, and tears made his already bad vision worse. He just wanted to have someone talk to him, coo him, like Delinne had.

He made his way to the river where the two horses were somehow, and the rain pattered on his white hide, making his feel cooler, but not doing much for his emotions. His heart was beating fast, his breath coming in gasps, and he felt like he was going to die. He stopped, not being able to move any further. He slowly sank to the ground, and he was hysterical. He cried, calling out random words, but he had no idea what was happening. He didn’t even realize there were two other horses near him, let alone that he was almost by a river.

“Flower…rock…wood…squirrel…woodpecker…REINDEER.”

His head bobbed up and down, and his eyes were closed.

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Unregistered
[Image: 30k7diw.png]
Credits; Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com venomxbaby.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com

H A N A

He caught her eye, and she winked at him in support of his friendliness towards her. She did not look away as he began to test out his body, she wanted to tell him not to push himself too much but she remained silent. People knew their own boundaries and hopefully he was not idiot, about to exhaust the work she had just done on him. Her ruby eyes conveyed her nerviness, while face face remained a blank mask not wanting to let him know that she was still slightly worried for him. Hana was also keen to get out of this rain, she want to dry off and stop the little shivers that were running down her back. The river beside her was steadily growing louder and every now and then she would notice the fact that it was rising up the river bank. It was a slow process, hopefully it would not rise into to a raging current that swept her and her new friend off of their feet. Well at the rate it was raining at the moment that situation was highly unlikely. A gust of wind blew and it felt as if it had blasted right through her, causing her entire body to shiver again. They needed to find shelter, and fast. Before Hana began suffering from hypothermia. Maybe a walk in the rain was her brightest idea after all. At least a good thing had come from it, she had saved somebody from a miserable fate.

She was to call him whatever she wished? She stopped the frown from forming on her face and instead thought about a kind answer to give him. "Well if that is your wish, then I shall call you friend." She replied in a sweet tone. She could also respect the fact that he did not wish to reflect upon his past. Nodding at him in an understanding fashion she responded "I understand, sometimes the past os a painful place. My own past is not to pretty either, but once I found the strength to be able to talk about it I felt much better." It didn't matter, the past still made you who you were. She had grown up as a princess only with abusive parents. Hana had never experienced their wrath though because her older brother and sister had always taken the fall for her. They had protected her with their lives, allowing her to grow up as normally as possible. She missed her brother with all of her heart and was desperate to get back on good terms with her sister. But time was all she needed. Time would help heal their relationship and they would become inseparable again. "I'm always here, if even in the future you wish to talk." That was all she said and now she intended to move on from the subject not wanted to upset or anger him.

Before she could even take a step to find shelter with him though, another stag tumbled to the river. Hana eyes narrowed with caution and suspicion as the stag did not notice them. He also had a different smell on him. The smell of the wild. Blood was running down her legs, bruises covered him and Hana was a little freaked out by the way he was moving. She looked over to her newly healed friend, taking comfort in the fact that he was beside her. So when he started screaming random words out, Hana backed away from him even more freaked out. Wondering if she should even attempt to speak to him, she took a tender step forward. "Um, excuse me?" She called out to him, softy. Fear still rushed through her at his erratic behaviour. "I'm a healer, would you like me to tend to your wounds?"

Adoptable

Lev Fence</style>

In solemn silence, Fence listened to every word the kind healer said to him. He was greatly in her debt; as he let his blue eyes wander towards her gaze, he hoped she knew this. He appreciated her understanding, though, above all. He wondered if all members of the Grey were this understanding. Ktulu had seemed kind enough, and now Hana was furthering the proof. He was going to be happy here, he thought with a contented nod.

So he was to be called friend, then. The thought of being someone's friend brought a good natured smile to his face. Friend and Hana- though he would still call her angel in his mind. He started to walk, each step hesitant as he tested out his new strength, and looked back to Hana kindly. They needed to get out of the rain; it was beginning to send deep shivers through him.

But when he turned back to look out and towards the river, the shivers he felt were of a darker nature. Just as he has been about to speak to Hana, the stranger had appeared. The blood-covered figure falling to the earth across the river was one he'd never seen before, but it brought back chilling memories of running, crying, clawing, drowning, falling, screaming, hurting, dying lost souls. Pictures of refugees and victims flashed before his eyes. He saw in that instant everyone who'd ever fallen in the face of the shadows.

Though his heart twisted in fear and his legs still shook with the fading memory of pain, he wasted no time. He ran unhesitatingly across the river, not breaking stride as the ice-cold water broke its patterned ripples from the rain and splashed up to strike his chest. Soaked and terrified, he pulled himself from the water and to the unicorn's side.

"Speak to me, my good buck! He insisted, fear flooding his veins and worry clenching his heart. The whites of his eyes shone, even as the rain flooded them and forced him to blink rapidly. He suffered through the sight of blood and lowered his head to gently try and touch that of the larger, fallen, and traumatized stallion. He cast a worried glance behind him first at Hana, who offered her help from farther off. Foolishly he noted an easier pass across the water lined by raised rocks, but he didn't have time to dwell on it now. He felt the consequences of his rash and sudden swim sinking in as a chill ran through him and his legs began to weaken. Slowly he lowered himself to rest behind the stranger, his blue eyes searching and the deep-set frown on his features concerned.

Credits

Casimir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable
but more useful than a life spent doing nothing

Even in the state of shock he was in, he realized that he was being scary. The look in the light mare's eyes was almost too much for him at that moment, and the stallion's gaze made him fear for himself. What was happening to him? So much had happened within the last few hours that he was most surly losing his mind. It was hard for him to even think about, and now was not the time for him to act like this in front of strangers. He shuttered, still struggling to get a hold of himself, but managed to answer very slowly.

"I...my...mother. Dead. My brothers...some strange thing. Killed her, and my brother. She killed him. I killed it. Ate...it's flesh. Drank. Drank the...blood. I feel. Sick. So much death. I am...alone. My family is gone. Where. Are they?"

That was all he could get out, trying to talk but failing as his mind tried to recount the event it just saw. It was probably the worst thing he had ever seen, considering he hadn't seen much since his own mother blinded him. And he just realized. She had gotten what she deserved, to be murdered by her own children after she had given birth to another. Maybe there justice in the world after all.

@[Hana]
@[Lev Fence]

walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits