the Rift

[PRIVATE] 2 bottles of whiskey for the way [Soh]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

I watch as his gaze roves freely over my bodice, pausing momentarily at the gentle bulge of pregancy. His look sends a shiver of desire down my spine, and I wonder again at the effect that he has on me. A small smile grows on my maw, for gods know I have never felt so wanted. I have not completely forgiven myself for my betrayal, but this relationship or whatever it is that we have leaves me full of warmth and calm. How can that be such a bad thing? Why am I in the wrong to move on when my mate has left me?

I am not stupid; I know that I will not find a mate in Gaucho. He is all brawn and primal urges, and I cannot expect him to show restraint in this way. He would not understand me if I tried. Nor do I know what kind of father he will be, though I cannot imagine he will have an active role in the child's life. He is a fighter above all else, dedicated first to the land, and last to me, if he is dedicated to me at all. There is very little that I truly understand about the mighty steed, but of this I am sure: our child will be more mine than his. With the realization comes acceptance, for the way that he looks at me now assures me that he will not desert me, even though he may not love me.

He moves to drape a wing gently over my back, and I lean slightly into his hold, revelling in his touch. It is odd that such primitive desires exist in me, for I pride myself on being rather socially developed, but it would seem that Gaucho brings out parts of myself that I hadn't known existed. "Soh pretty," he murmurs, and though I don't know precisely what he means, the gist of it is the same. I smile, feeling the caress of his muzzle along my neck and shoulders, a massage of sorts, one I enjoy. "Thank you," I say out of habit, though no words seem truly necessary.

"talk talk talk"

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
THE STRANDS IN YOUR EYES, THAT COLOUR THEM WONDERFUL
STOP ME - AND STEAL MY BREATH.
</style>

There is only so long this can last: I know it, and you know it; everyone reading this knows it, even if we were all hoping for a different outcome. There is only so far, that Gaucho can reasonably be expected to go, before it all falls apart. For all of his primitive charm, and prima facia charisma, he is as Sohalia thinks: a warrior. Does he love her? We might speculate that he does - or perhaps could - but what good is love, if it can't be expressed or articulated, as the snowy-white mother to be, would like? Gaucho protects her to show his commitment, but if all she wants is someone to talk to, to grow old with, then it may indeed seem as though any love between them, might simply pass them by.

The Beauty always gets the Beast, but we would all do well to remember just how much work Jane had to put in, to domesticate Tarzan.

Gaucho grunts, the burning feeling of desire doused by Sohalia's unresponsiveness to his touch. In his own simple way, he understands that this probably has something to do with the tears on her face earlier, and that she is pregnant. However, he is at a loss for what to do next. Exhaling with an odd softness into her mane, he pulls away, stormy gaze watching the horizon, as it fades into reddish orange sand. "Gaucho patrol. Find Levi", he says with an odd bitterness of his Sergeant. Turning his antlered crown back to her, he pauses, a curiously innocent look upon his rugged features, as if to say Is that alright?

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

I would love to imagine that I could tame the beast, that I could civilize him and that he would be the mate I have always dreamed of, but deep down I know that this will not happen. It is neither a sad revelation nor and angry one; in fact, I greet this fact with a neutrality that I had not known I possessed. Perhaps I had cried out my emotion before Phaedra had flown away... in any case, when he draws away from me and I see the uncertainty in his gaze, I know that I have not reacted in the way that he might have wished, nor has he reacted in the way I might have. And that is alright, too.

The sudden bitterness that enters his voice and his face surprises me. What in the world would my primal steed have against Levi? For one so... lacking in sociability, I would think it difficult to offend Gaucho, but perhaps I am mistaken. Still, Levi was once my friend - perhaps he still is - and from the stallion I remember, I am hard put to guess what he might have done to upset the brute before me. There is, however, much that I do not know, a fact that seems to dance before me more and more frequently of late. I am brought back to my senses when I realize that Gaucho is still standing before me, waiting with a rather inquisitive expression. Is he asking me permission? Do I even have the right to give him that? "Go," I tell him, forcing a smile onto my face despite my discomfort and insecurities.

When he goes, I watch him leave. I do not move to return to the wall which I have been working on so steadfastly. I do not even wait until he is out of my sight. No, I stand perfectly still and I remember the most beautiful Frostfall landscape I have ever seen. I close my eyes and envision a land to the north where a blanket of ivory protects the ground below from the harsh winter air - but the serenity of the scene is interrupted by the appearance of a winged, antlered steed galloping through the snow.

As I open my eyes and turn to the wall, I suddenly feel unbearably sad.

"talk talk talk"

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!