the Rift

[OPEN] An Old Relic [brothers/join request]

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
Evers sighed in a mental sort of weariness when finally his sturdy legs made it to the Foothills border. How long had it been since he was here? The place held so many emotions for him that the blue stud couldn't decide whether he was happy or sad to see it again. He did miss the simplicity of it's existence however, the rolling hills and the juicy grasses along with the ice cold water that carved the land. A place of honest beauty that portrayed a sturdiness like most of its occupants. Evers had to admit there was a place within his heart that still had a fondness for the place and he gripped that now as he stood on it's borders, not to go any further. In his decision to step down from his Lead position, the blue boy had in a way thrown himself out of the land, his brothers had gone and there was simply no reason for him to remain. Not as the Foothills was at the time anyway.

There was a sureness in him that his brothers were here, wherever there was war, there would at least be Archibald. Though that brother he had little time for, Evers could not deny his fighting ability, but the area between his ears always left a bit to be desired and for that the roan had a hard time trusting his judgement. Yet, brothers were brothers and he could not deny the bonds between them which had now brought him back here to the place where he had become something he would never in a million years thought he would become. An ex-chief? He, Evers, the quiet scholar who sought after knowledge more than blood became a Leader of a herd. He had enjoyed his time, he learnt many things and in that short while the blue truly did believe he found a little more strength in himself.

So the son of Mandrake and the brother of many waited for someone to notice him, he knew it wouldn't be too long if their eyes were sharp and their warriors performed their duties correctly. He hoped their leaders would be reasonable and that his kin was here, he was tired of gadding about in the wilderness with no purpose to his life other than to wallow in self pity. There was a void in his heart that needed to be filled and a need to have a another duty to occupy an active mind. He just wished they would see past his skinny physique and grasp the powerful intelligence that laid forgotten and gathering dust.
[image]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
I have not had a night terror in forever.

So when I awake damp and shaking I am surprised, the terrible images still flashing before golden eyes. As I look at the glittering pool, it calms me. I focus on my reflection; I focus on what's real. There is no light coming from the end of the tunnel, so it must be just before dawn. I pull my wings in tight to my sides, and to distract myself I form three small hummingbirds that flit around in a shifting palette of colors. As a rock dislodges from the side of the cave, I jump and the three birds disappear in a poof of stardust. I sigh, shaking off the scared demeanor that had taken over me.

As light starts to filter in, I push myself up and stretch my limbs. I must have been tense, because my body aches slightly. The sound of my hooves hitting the stone rings throughout the cave and I quicken my pace, my body relaxing once I inhale fresh air, filling my lungs. I stand at the entrance of the cave for a few minutes before I work my way down the hill and to the crystal clear stream that runs below. I don't hesitate as I slip into the water, grooming myself and straightening the feathers on my wings. I douse myself completely and when I pull myself out, my hair is dripping down my neck and my tail drags on the ground. I flick my forelock out of my eyes- usually bright are now a big unfocused and clouded. I force the images out of my head again as I push my wings out, they catch in the air and lift me up on thermals. I dry as I soar, taking my sweet time to just observe. I stop to graze once, snatching up mouthfuls of luscious grass that plumes underneath dusted gold daggers.

I set off on hoof now, my wings draping my sides. It is not long before I realize I am nearing the boarder of the Foothills. A unfamiliar scent catches my nose but I double take. It takes a while before I place it. I can't draw the name from the depths of my mind, but I know this scent. From a long time ago. I instantly turn without a falter in my step, and I force myself to stay within a trot. Who will this be? An old friend? None from my old homeland, I had no friends there. But it must be from my time here early in Helovia. Then I see it, that blue pelt. A grin spreads across my face. I flick my damp tail, the sun's rays stretching on my back- not as hot as Tallsun. When I near, I nicker and I find myself in a canter. I slide to a stop, bright eyes sparkling with excitement. "Evers." I say.. will he remember me? I was just another same old horse he met in the threshold when he was recruiting. Which reminds me. He used to be Chief. But Ophelia and Ktulu had defeated a different stallion. "It's been awhile." I say, and I don't know what I'm saying, or why I am so elated at his presence. I must have a fond spot for this stallion, one I could actually call a friend. Well, could I? I only talked to him but once, and I feel as if I have known the unicorn as a friend, that we were friends at one point.

But no, I doubt he remembers me.

[ ooc ; oh wow. i don't know where that came from, it just kept coming. i love her so much q u q ]

venomxbaby | solarka-stock | featherstockimages@ da
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
 Ktulu the Constrictor</style>

Weariness gripped Ktulu as she trudged the borders of her herdland. Her pregnancy wore on, her hormones remained at war with her, leaving her angry as a wildcat some days and exhausted on others. Very rarely did she ever have a day where she was content. There was always someone there to bother her. Someone crossing her borders when they should keep their asses on the other side. Dark ears tilted back and she snorted quietly. How many of them had she snapped at since the conception of her child? She knew she had made at least one cry, though she felt no remorse for that.

Voices caught the Chieftess' attention and when she lifted her head she could see two horses in the distance, a pegasus and a unicorn she believed. Upon walking closer to the pair she saw that one was a member of their herd already. "Irrydae." She said as she came to stand beside the pegasus mare, Eytan sitting by her forelegs and watching the unicorn. It was a simple greeting, but Ktulu had never been one for long and drawn out grettings of those she saw in passing almost every day.

Her gaze then settled upon Evers. "Hello." She said the the stallion. "I am Ktulu, Chieftess of the Foothills. Why are you here?" It was just like her to get straight to the point. She was too tired for long, drawn out niceties and dancing around subjects that were important.

from adversity, heroes are born.</style>

Icon by Tay

Hidden Account
He loitered near the border and it wasn't long until someone picked up his scent. Evers watched in anticipation as the strangely familiar smell came closer and closer, his aging mind trying to pin point exactly where in his life he had come across this familiarity. The skinny blue did not have to wait too long as a winged form finally emerged, her pelt a mixture of deep browns and vibrant purples. It was a face he did indeed recognize as the pegasus Irrydae, a kind mare he had met in the Threshold once back when he was Chief. She had not quite that day made a decision on the path she wanted to follow and all Evers could do was admire her for her honesty. He was glad now to see her apart of a herd and looking like she was flourishing. She speaks his name and he dips his head in a gentleman's greeting, smiling a rather boyish smile and chuckling at her observation. "Indeed it has Irrydae, I am glad you stayed in Helovia. How have you been?"

On the day he had met her, upon leaving, Evers wasn't entirely sure whether Irrydae would stay within Helovia. Her indecision could've forced her to leave in the blue's eyes and he truly was glad she had remained. Before he could say anymore, however, another scent and voice wormed it's way into his conscious. He turned his head to spot the dark form for the first time, another unicorn like himself, adorned in cascades of white mane and blood red eyes that were almost chilling. She introduced herself as Ktulu, Chieftess of the Foothills and Evers' eyes widened as he tried to put the pieces of history together. He rather warily noted the brown bear by her side, watching him, and he had to make himself stand firm.

"Hail Ktulu." He said with deep tones that spoke volumes of respect. Evers was always one to dress up his words with finery. "I am Evers the Able, brother of Archibald, and I come here in seek of a home and a wish to serve. I mean your family no ill will. I am more suited to intellectual roles, but if you see me fit to remain here, I will let you be the judge of me." He put rather plainly to the Chieftess. Evers was always aware that his appearance never really put him in the warrior category, though he would and could fight if he had to, the blue would much rather use his mind.

He simply wished Ktulu to see past his appearance and to his more hidden qualities, as he still eyed the bear nervously.
[image]

Hidden Account
paddeh
I still feel shaky and week. I feel like my knees are knocking together, so I lock them in place. My wings relax at my sides before I pull them to my sides, tucking them neatly into place. She did not realize she was a whole hand taller then the blue stallion until now. There were not many that she had met who were smaller- she had forgotten Evers was, maybe she hadn't ever noticed it. Though she was lean and slender, powerful. She had been running more recently instead of just flying, and there seemed to be not one ounce of fat on her. Probably an exaggeration- was that even possible? She shook her creamy tresses, before turning her orbs back to Evers, pressing her hooves into the ground lightly against the nice bed of grass beneath her. 'Indeed it has Irrydae, I am glad you stayed in Helovia. How have you been?' I carefully mull over his words in my head, listening to his voice carefully. He was glad I stayed? A large grin almost burst trough my calm demeanor, but a small smile broke through. "I just recently joined the Foothills after wandering around alone, I should have just taken your advice in the first place!" A small laugh protrudes from my vocals. "I've been very well recently, better than when I was an outcast. I was surprised to be chosen as the Storyteller." That was true, I had not expected anything but a normal ranking of a herd mare. "And how have you been, Evers?"

My ears flick back as I hear another approach, and before I even see her figure, the scent of Ktulu hits me. 'Irrydae.' She says simple, and I nod to her. The words Ktulu slip from my mouth quietly, respectfully before she introduces herself to Evers. Golden eyes glance over the the bear at Ktulu's hooves, and a small ache for my own companions rings through me before disappearing quickly. 'I am Evers the Able, brother of Archibald, and I come here in seek of a home and a wish to serve. I mean your family no ill will. I am more suited to intellectual roles, but if you see me fit to remain here, I will let you be the judge of me.' I want to butt in and back his story up, but I feel as if I should say nothing, it was the Chieftess' job to accept and decline the ones who wanted to join the Foothills. Evers was no threat though, and I knew that. But did she?

[ ooc ; sorry for the wait! ]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
 Ktulu the Constrictor</style>

Ktulu listened in silence as Evers said her name then introduced himself. Brother of evers? One of her ears tilted back as she looked him over. He looked rather slight and fragile to be the brother of her brawny general. The mention of his wish to serve, however, had her ear tilting back forward. She would have to think of what he would be suited to, being an intellectual, which was another far cry from what her general was. "You do realize that you've come to a band of spies and mercenaries seeking an intellectual role?" She asked, struggling to hide the weariness in her tone. She would have to think and at this point she really didn't feel like having to think.

"I suppose your intellect could benefit our spies." She finally murmured. "You would fall under my sister, Ophelia's, jurisdiction and would answer directly to her." She flicked her tail and shifted her weight so a hind hoof rested on its tip. Ktulu cleared her throat and lifted her head, her crimson eyes locking on Evers'. "Very well, you may join our ranks." She said. "Though I would suggest you speak to Ophelia, she may have a job she can assign you to so you can prove yourself useful." As did every hopeful soul that wished to join their ranks.

The Chieftess then swung her head around so she looked at the herd's storyteller. "See that he finds Ophelia and makes himself at home." She instructed Irrydae.

ooc:// sorry for the wait and the suckish post :<

from adversity, heroes are born.</style>

Icon by Tay

Hidden Account
Evers is happy to see Irry smile and laughs merrily at her remark about taking his advice in the first place. No, he respected her decision that day, she spoke like a mare of wisdom and he thought it was much better for her to come to a decision to join of her own free will than feeling pushed to do so. It took keen foresight and courage not to be swayed by so many, which lead to him to bow his head in congratulations when she announced her rank. He was not surprised in the slightest. "Congratulations! You fit the role in my mind and I'm glad your skills have been recognized, a position well earned Irrydae." The skinny blue considered her returning question then and rather meekly came to the conclusion that his life had been considerably less interesting. Perhaps he should introduce Rita, who was idling behind in her fear of meeting strangers yet, Evers could also sense her growing curiosity. He'd call for her when he'd finished talking. Sighing in amusement, he turned his gaze to try catch Irrydae's as he spoke. "I have been well, though my life is considerably less exciting than your own, we seemed to have switched roles." He nervously laughed then, a little worried his words would bore her. Conversing had never been his strong point.

He turned to Ktulu then, intrigued for her answer, but also slightly fearful. This Chieftess looked like one of those no nonsense types, it didn't really help that her eyes were like blood, it almost made her appear like something out of a horror story if one only concentrated on her crimson gaze. Yet, there was something about her that distinctly reminded him of Paladin the Valiant, the Chief before himself. He shrugged off the idea and curled his ears forwards to catch her vital words. To which he had to stifle a laugh and work hard to keep his face completely straight. Is she trying to say that there are no intellectuals here? That the herd is full of ... well ... idiots? The thought baffled the blue stud, but there was no way he'd have the confidence to voice such an opinion. It was partly believable considering Archibald was amongst the ranks. Instead he just politely nodded his head to her question, he had a feeling he wouldn't fit the stereotype they were after.

She continued onwards and Evers quietly breathed a sigh of relief, it seemed he'd passed the first test. Getting past the border. His gaze noticeably lightened when he heard her mention Ophelia, if they were sisters, then that meant he was right in his earlier presumption of a relation to Paladin. Evers hardly knew the family, but he liked to congratulate himself over these simple findings he liked to work out. The Able made himself stand to attention and dipped his head in consent. "Yes ma'am. I would be honoured to serve Ophelia, it has been a long time since I have seen her face. Thank you for taking your time to consider me Chieftess Ktulu, I hope I will be of use to your family" happy to of said his thanks, he turned to peer behind him, catching the gaze of a peeking puppy who dared not come closer.

"Come on out Rita, they will not harm you" he said soothingly to the blue pup, who crawled out on her belly from a lone tree she had been hiding behind. Azure eyes wide with fright as she snuck to sit beside Evers, terrified of the big brown bear in front of her and rubbing her tiny body against her bonded. The blue stag turned to Irrydae then and awaited his friend's instructions.

[sorry for any typos >< I didn't have much time to grammar check this]
[image]

Hidden Account
paddeh
'Congratulations! You fit the role in my mind and I'm glad your skills have been recognized, a position well earned Irrydae.' I smile at him, a true smile. A flick my tail, stomach jumping a little. 'I have been well, though my life is considerably less exciting than your own, we seemed to have switched roles.' A nervous laugh comes from his throat and I smile again. "That is too bad, Evers. I'm sorry." My mouth turns down, a remorse look in my eyes for him. I want to reach out and touch him, to reassure him, but I restrain myself from doing so.

My head turns to Ktulu, who now speaks. 'You do realize that you've come to a band of spies and mercenaries seeking an intellectual role?' My face remains straight as she says this, but I am worried he will be declined. I don't want him to be. I am seriously stricken with fear Ktulu would force him out. She wouldn't do that, would she? He wasn't a threat to us. I didn't know how to fight, either. Though, I have not been herd appointed, either. I need to earn the herds, or the leads' respect. The thought crosses her mind. She didn't have permission to do much, it might help her. Her thoughts focus back on Ktulu who is speaking again. 'Very well, you may join our ranks.' I want to jump up in joy for him, and I am surprised my facial expression has still not changed and my hooves are planted firmly on the ground. I flap my wings a few times before pulling them in, listening to the rest of Ktulu's words.

'See that he finds Ophelia and makes himself at home.' I nod to her, motioning that I will. There is a smile on my lips as I look at him as he says his thanks, his words so wise and careful. It's kind of marvelous to listen to him. I then see the little puppy that Evers calls out from behind his legs. She is s adorable. A grin breaks across my face as I take a small, careful step forward, lowering my crania. "She is so cute. Hello, Rita." My eyes sparkle as I look back into Evers, my heart aching for my own companion. He must have just gotten her. I watch the slender puppy, thinking how she is a perfect match for him.

[ ooc ; SO, I think this thread is done? I can start one (separate from their private one) for him and ophelia? ]