the Rift

Silent as my ghostly soul. [Ktulu & Open]

Shakespeare Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SHAKESPEARE
Sometimes, during a clash of ideas, there comes a point where one side has completely and utterly embarrassed itself; where it has become so intellectually and logically bankrupt that no further argument is necessary.

"You have got to be kidding me!" His olive eyes narrowed in frustration. He had already walked between these two trees. One of his many gifts was his photogenic memory, so yes, he knew that he had been through here already. It was not however that he felt uncomfortable wondering though the forest, in fact he rather liked it here, alone, just himself and no one bothering him with pointless questions about himself. He never answered them anyway. What made him uncomfortable was the fact that he had just circled in on himself. Knowing for a fact that you where much smart enough not to do that pissed him off. Why had it happened? No one would ever know, not even him and that in itself also pissed him off. His brain ticked over as he set off on a new path, different to last time. He did normally prefer open fields, where mostly everything was visible, and nobody crept up on him.

He was getting jumpy in his old age. His age did not bother him however, it didn't even bother him that he'd never had a family. He actually preferred it this way, just himself, alone. His thoughts where generally more than adequate enough to keep him company anyway. Then again, he did...like creating things for others.

A frown now creased his forehead and the footfalls stopped. What was that scent in the air? He had never smelt it before, some kind of plant he guessed. Interested enough to discover what it was, he began to follow his nose on a mission to find out what was creating the rather alluring scent. He stopped before a small bush of flowers which was definitely creating the scent. Pausing and taking a little of his time, his sharp and inquisitive eyes studied every detail of the flowers, while his brain recorded every moment of his discovery. It was all quick however, it only took him moment before he was puling away from the bush happy with his new piece of knowledge.

The heavy footsteps started again, he was back on the move to figure out a way out of this place. He had no interest in meeting another and having his talents abused again, but he was smart enough to realise that if he didn't meet someone friendly enough to help him soon he would be lost for quite a while.
It was not often that this silent brute desired the company of others, quite the opposite actually. He was smart enough to know when he needed help though. Now his nose began to search for a scent of another, so he could ask directions. He was okay at tracking, but no master at it. Tracking was not where his talents lay, no he created things and invented new ways of doing things, that was where his heart had always been.

Credits;;
Table; Frostie

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Shakespeare may have been pretty good at tracking, but so was the young bear that had found him and had been following him quietly for some time. His stealth was one of his abilities that he prided himself on. Any full grown bear would be a lumbering mess and would cause nothing but trouble. While Eytan had been a very loud cub he had learned to quiet himself. Sometimes his footsteps sounded like little more than leaves being rustled by the wind.

There was another on the trail of this new stallion, too. The dark Chieftess of the Foothills had, once again, ventured into the Threshold. The knowledge that newcomers had to pass through here and the desire to increase the numbers in her herd were nearly overwhelming. If Midas saw here there was no doubt in her mind that he would chide her and tell her that she should stay within the protection of her borders. There was no way that Ktulu would sacrifice her freedom just because she carried a foal in her belly once more. Pregnancy had not stopped her even when she carried the son of the Earth God.

"Hello." Ktulu's words came out smoothly and moments later she stepped from the shadows of the trees. Her dark head tilted, ivory mane sliding across her forehead as she gazed at the new stallion. The raging hormones had subsided for the time being, leaving the mare almost docile. It could all change in a moment's notice should this newcomer make the mistake of pushing her buttons.

"I am Ktulu the Constrictor, Chieftess of the Windtossed Foothills. What brings you to Helovia?" An innocent enough question, but his answer would speak volumes of his worth to her. An ear was tilted toward Eytan as the bear came to sit beside her, his own caramel gaze on the stallion.

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Unregistered
SHAKESPEARE
Sometimes, during a clash of ideas, there comes a point where one side has completely and utterly embarrassed itself; where it has become so intellectually and logically bankrupt that no further argument is necessary.

He had not been aware of them, not even as the mare crept close enough to speak to him. When her soft voice reached his ears, the brute stumbled a little and spun around quickly to look at whatever might be attacking him. Assessing her as no threat, not in the sense that was wasn't dangerous, but in the sense that she wasn't about to rip his throat out, Shakespeare tilted his head curiously at her. Then his eyes did his normal calculation of the new character.
Gender; female
age; around 2-4
health; extremely healthy, pregnant.
threat at current time; minimal, though able to cause serious damage.
companion; a...a bear?

He was stopped short as his eyes rested on the bear, who was now sitting quietly beside his mistress. However what had really caught his interest was her title. Chieftess of the Windtossed Foothills, well Shakespeare looked over this chieftess and found no reason to doubt her honestly. Now he was interested in her even more, so he did his best to be polite. "Greetings Chieftess Ktulu, I am Shakespeare." He introduced himself, that was also what others did first. Next he answered her question, however it was not a simple question to Shakespeare.

It required him to actually think and he fell silent for a few moments, considering what he was actually doing here. Fleeing his home, stopping others from abusing his talents and trying to ask for directions. His olive eyes looked over the dark mare, then his answer rose to his lips. "What a complicated question Chieftess." He did not smile as his response was no joke. "I have two responses for you mam." He cleared his throat and began his answer. "Firstly, my fears brought me here, the fear of being found." He wondered if he should explain. Maybe if he didn't she would think he had murdered someone. "My old herd abused my creative skills." He figured that was a more than adequate explanation. "Secondly, to ask directions." Now that was kind of a joke. "Where would I find a herd that would appreciate my creative skills?" He inquired. He realised for a slit second than in a new land a herds protection might come in handy.

Credits;;
Table; Frostie

Ktulu's ears tilted back and she tried to hide the mild annoyance from showing on her face when the stallion told her that her question was complicated. The lack of a smile on his face, however, was reason enough for her to assume that he was not making a joke about her question, lucky for him. "And what are those two reasons?" She asked upon being told that he had two answers for being in Helovia. So long as one of his reasons was not domination of one species over another she would have no problem inviting him to join the Grey.

"Firstly my fears brought me here."

Before she could ask what he feared she got her answer. Fear of being found. Fear of being used and abused for skills he had taken the time to hone. Already she was thinking of the two masons that resided in her herd and was thinking of adding a third to their numbers. Naturally it would be after he'd proven his loyalty and his worth to them.

"Secondly to ask directions. Where would I find a herd that would appreciate my creative skills?"

Ktulu remained silent for a moment, so as to not appear that she was jumping on him and wanting him desperately in her herd. "You could find such a herd in the Windtossed Foothills." She answered several moments later. "We have two stone masons, but projects for defense are tedious and require long hours of labor." Her weight shifted, but her crimson gaze remained on the stallion's face. "If you find comfort and satisfaction in long hours of work then you will do well with us. And you'll find acceptance from our members.." The question now lingered on her mind of if he was accepting and tolerant of mixed races being together in one group. There had been too many that she'd come across in her short life that were racist and unwavering in their flawed beliefs.

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Unregistered
SHAKESPEARE

She did not sound desperate for him to join her herd, it was almost as if she was doing him a favour. No not almost, she was doing him a favour. His olive eyes watched for for a moment as she continued. Yes, he took great pleasure in working long hours, it was even better if he was able to do it alone. He pawed the ground gently as if giving himself a moment to think of his reply. "Chieftess, you just offered me exactly what I need." He smiled for a moment and then fell back into his usual serious manner. For one as serious as him, finding peace had been so hard. This mare was offering him exactly what he had been seeking.

He glanced towards the bear and then his eyes settled back on Ktulu. "I do not mean to sound rude." He began and chuckled only slightly. "But sometimes one can not help coming across with rudeness." He looked to his new lady now and bowed his head slightly. "I respect that I will have to start at the bottom of the masons." There was no question about it and Shakespeare would have it no other way. He worked for his positions, he didn't just accept it. "But I still wish for my work to be treated with respect." He understood that respect may not always come straight away to a being, you had to prove yourself for others to even like you. But when his work was in question he wanted his effort, time, blood, sweat and tears to be appreciated. He lived for his work, he lived for his creations. When his creations was disrespected, they paid hell for it.

He now took a few steps closer to her, not in a flirty or dominance like gesture. Just so when she began to show him the way back to the Foothills it would be easy for him to fall into step beside her. The older stag had no interest it ruling a herd, he had no interested in leading anybody other than other creators like himself. How it didn't take a genius to realise that they was already a head mason, but Shakespeare was also most than happy to sit back and enjoy the ride. "Chieftess, Thank you for gracing me with the promise of a home and work. I can only repay you with my loyalty for the rest of my time."

Credits;;
Table; Frostie

Crimson eyes narrowed slightly when Shakespeare began by saying he didn't mean to sound rude. Generally when that was said it was because the person speaking meant what they were saying to be rude. A nod was given when he said he would have to start at the bottom of the masons. She didn't know him well and as of yet she didn't trust him. Why would she put someone she didn't know in charge of their defenses? Ktulu flicked her tail and continued listening and Eytan shifted his weight restlessly as Shakespeare continued on.

"Your request is reasonable." She decided soon after. "So long as you treat our other masons and their with respect you will get the same in return." She began to turn to lead the way back to the Foothills. "Bear in mind that whatever respect you glean will be respect that you have earned."

Ktulu was silent as she lead Shakespeare back to her home, listening to the crunching of leaves and twigs under her hooves as she walked. There was her newest recruit's voice mixed in as well. Her response to him was belated but it came all the same. "Your loyalty and skill is all I ask." Crimson eyes found the stallion that strode next to her. The more he spoke the more she felt that he would fit in well with their numbers, but the real answer would come when he met the rest of the herd and worked with the other masons. She just hoped that he wouldn't disappoint her.

Image Credits

Icon by Tay