the Rift

[OPEN] Epilogue to a Lengthy Task. [Darwin, Earth God, Quest Return]

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

His bucket clattered from side to side in his mouth, bits of water spilling over in his haste, but there was still enough to complete his quest. A faithful eye kept wandering to Darwin, checking the newborn was okay and he smiled often to motivate the child. The path up to the shrines was not an easy one, and so Evers took it slowly and gradually once he got there. Giving the colt every chance to catch his wobbly feet and not push him so hard at such a tender age. His roving ears also caught the sound of a panting noise, the pup Slade was tagging along with them as his bonded Tajheri had told her to as well as Loretta, Archibald's canine whose help was much appreciated. Evers didn't mind the dogs company, in fact he was rather thankful for it. The hot blue lava roamed below in iconic veins that marked the place unique to the rest, atop the steep climb was the remnants of broken shrines and Evers stood there with his mouth open for a moment. Wondering what on earth had happened.

A thought suddenly occurred to him if, after all his hard work, the Earth God would actually answer his call. Were the Gods even here now, had they left Helovia? No, he surely would have known if such a thing happened. There would be uproar everywhere. Tentatively, checking Darwin was still with him along with the dogs, Evers turned rather forlornly to the bits of scattered shrine with his quiet voice calling for a presence.

"God of the Earth! I have returned to you with the items you requested for the friend I wanted. I apologize for the lengthy delay, many things have happened to me that I did not expect recently." He quickly placed the bucket on the ground and drew in a little more breath to speak. "Dirt from the Throat and water from the Meadow are in this here bucket. The fire proved more of a challenge for me, my God, and I failed in my attempt several times. However, I have brought my newest and youngest brother Darwin, who was born of the Heart. I hope that my compromise will suffice, great lord."

He turned to nod to Darwin, a smile appearing on his dark lips for comfort as he nervously awaited a reply. Hoping the Earth was as gentle as rumour and would understand his situation.

[ooc; Evers brings his bucket that contains dirt (from the Throat) and water (from the Thistle Meadow). I am using Darwin as the 'fire' as he was born in the Heart and can transform into a Pheonix.

Evers wanted a blue female greyhound with the ability Water Mold.
Evers will name his companion Rita.]

What's done is done
Can't resurrect the setting sun
What's done is done
Oh you can't reverse the bullet from a gun

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark

My steely pools were wide with the shock of all that had happened in the short period of my life span. Dropped from some creature that quickly turned into a feline and then all of the stallions that hadn’t wasted anytime in encircling the two of them, finally his naming. Darwin. I could still here the stallion’s voice ringing out in the dark, hellishly hot region as if I was still standing there hearing my calling ring out for the very first time. It was slightly strange to me, how so many other equine had shown up to an event that to me seemed as if it should be something special between the creature who had fallen and the one who had done the dropping.
With a soft snort I ruffled the ebony feathers that sprouted from my terra cotta painted shoulders, stormy pools flicked from the ever changing world around me to the blue form that I was following. The creature with the eyes the color of the sky called himself my brother but something about that term didn’t seem to quite fit. We were so very different, in build, looks, and it seemed personality but none the less he was the only thing I had to cling to at the time and my infantile mind wasn’t looking for answers it was just looking for comfort and someone to care for me. I could feel the tug of a smile at the corners of my smoky velvets as a thought from just a few moments ago crossed my mind, the way he spoke gently to me when I stumbled and had to spread my wings once more to save myself from already scaring up my young canvas.
Of course he had watched carefully, taking a step or two closer to me in case I needed any assistance in stabling my awkward foal-ish form. A look of pride had swept over his features as I handled the issue like that of a much older foal, flicking my brush of a tail I blinked and looked once more at my surroundings. Everything seemed to be in ruins as if there had been some kind of disaster in the area recently, but not recently enough that I would know about it in my few short days of life. There was some sort of calming quality about the place as well, a soft glow that made me think that we were somewhere very special.
"God of the Earth! I have returned to you with the items you requested for the friend I wanted. I apologize for the lengthy delay, many things have happened to me that I did not expect recently." As the blue stud talked everything, including the canines that had followed close behind us seemed to go silent. Looking back over my shoulder I watched as each canine lowered their rumps to the ground as the sound of that bucket my brother carried hitting the ground rang through the air. "Dirt from the Throat and water from the Meadow are in this here bucket. The fire proved more of a challenge for me, my God, and I failed in my attempt several times. However, I have brought my newest and youngest brother Darwin, who was born of the Heart. I hope that my compromise will suffice, great Lord." Ebony tipped harks swiveled back at the blue stallion as my stormy pools rested upon his curiously at the sound of my name. It appeared I was brought here for some kind of reason, what exactly it was I wasn’t sure and as Evers turned his cranium to offer a nervous looking smile at me I could feel the orangey-red glow coming back from the crackling sound of the feathers heating up on my appendages. A slight moment of panic washed through my frame as I thought of the feline’s reaction when the glow overtook my being at the dark place, what if it happened here and destroyed something important?

"Speech"
[Tag : imi w. Evers && Earth God ]
[Words : 6 . 6 . 9 ]
[Muse : Light Em Up by Fallout Boy ]
[Notes : Sorry it’s so crappy and took so long! It’ll get better<3 ]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The earth beneath the ruined shrines quaked with incredible force, stirring the water in the bucket but remaining just controlled enough to keep it upright. From a tumble of rocks on the edge of the outcropping, the great and powerful figure of the God of the Earth appeared. It had been long since he had been stirred from his lonesome rest, and even longer still since he had granted a gift to the mortals that once came to him so often.

But Evers had been ever so patient. He looked down at the blue stallion now, chuckling lowly as he recalls how he had introduced himself to young Eios. Six horned, yes, but legendary? Time would tell, but the God of the Earth would always remember him. A creature as old and wise as he was too kind to forget.

"After so many seasons, you have at last returned," the God stated with a warm smile and a shaking out of his black mane. The brown tips, made to match the season, caught the low light of the lava below, and the strings of water that dripped from his figure made him seem to shine. The God let his eyes wander over the scene, passing briefly over the two pups and then settling on the phoenix standing so innocently beside Evers. Did the colt inside know the extent of his magic? Surely not. Though the God understood Evers' reasoning for the compromise, and was impressed with his cleverness, something about the treatment of the child worried him. "Young Darwin's fire," he began, pulling the name from the minds of the pair and piecing it together, "will suit my purposes. But I urge you to treat him with respect, even in his youth. He is not to be a pawn to you and your brothers as he would have been to your mother." The God's warning is clear, his intention surely well-understood. He hid nothing from them, only spoke with bare honesty.

But having said his piece, the God of the earth pulled his head back with an arch of his neck, close his eyes, and began softly to hum. From the bottom of the bucket he pulled the earth, piling it in four columns and shaping from them the quick legs of the hound Evers desired. From the water he pulled her magic. He lifted each drop as a unit and let the liquid splash across Darwin's fiery chest, stealing away some of his flame to create the being's heart. Water and earth molded together to create the image of a young pup, fire settled in the young creature's chest and began to pulse with its life.

The breath of life, a simple exhalation from the God of the Earth, was all that was left in the process. And then, suddenly, the watery spectre became reality, tumbling forth to Evers on the oversized paws of a pup just learning to walk, heading joyously towards her bonded. "Care for her well, Evers," the God said with a swift nod before stepping back and away. He parted in a shower of earth, his task complete.

[[Congratulations! Evers has been gifted with a (for all intents and purposes) newborn greyhound pup. In two weeks you may consider their bonding complete, and they will be linked. Until then Evers should protect the pup, and may hunt for her if he chooses to.]]