the Rift

[OPEN] just a broken heart that is bleeding love || Azzaron, Mauja, open

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
I was tired. Tired. Of. Everything.
My heart ached more than ever, and I just couldn't bear living like this. I missed him. I missed Azzaron, more than ever.
And I had to see him.
My life in the Basin was weird. Yes, I said it. Weird. Mauja acted strange, even though he was as calm and comforting as before. He was just more different than before... Maybe I was just stuck in the past...
I gave up a heavy sigh and looked around. I was probably right in the middle of the Basin, though I was rather close to the hot pools of water. My gaze turned down to the white and grey ground, and I felt a tear running down my cheek. I sighed again and closed my eyes. I felt so alone. Azzaron had left me and Mauja just wasn't the same King that he had once been.

Deep inside of my heart I knew that I had no actual reason to be sad. Or depressed. I had two wonderful foals now - Destry, my beloved daughter, and Druid, the blind colt. They were mine, even though Leyra had some rights when it came to Druid.
Destry... She grew stronger by each day. She was more than 2 months old now, maybe even 3? Soon she would be a grown up mare, flying all over Helovia and making everything right.
Hopefully.

I lied down on the cold ground, letting the setting sun caress my black coat with it's soft rays. Was this really worth it? Was it worth it to suffer just to... To what? Raise two foals? Be a simple mare in a herd of unicorns?
I knew that something was up in this place. They were racist - all of them. Psyche was racist... But I should've known that from the start.
Was Mauja racist? I didn't know. I knew that I wasn't.
At least I accepted all species, no one was superior and no one was inferior. I was going crazy... I felt it inside of me, I was really going crazy.
I had to meet them. Not Psyche and Mauja. Azzaron and Mauja.
I had to meet them both at the same time.

Alone.

With them.

Now.

I rose my head to the sky and let out a scream, a cry that called for stallions. I was tired of this shit. I was tired.
And I did not know if I could go on like this anymore.
To be honest, I was very close to just scream "Fuck this shit!" and walk away. Just... Walk over the edge of the cliff in the herdland Edge of the World.

"Talking."

ooc: I moved this post because Azz is a prisoner x3 This was also my 100th post :3
word count: 443

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

My life was crashing down. It was as though I was stuck in a deep pit, trying to climb out but unable to grasp the smooth walls. And as soon as I saw something that triggered bad memories, the pit got a foot deeper. With my head low, I dragged my hooves through the Basin. It seemed that my body was getting used to the cold temperatures here, for it seemed that I no longer became cold. My fiery orbs had dulled since I had been taken to the Basin, and so had my coat. No longer was I that proud stallion that felt as though he could do anything. Now I was just a tired stallion who could barely do anything. My ribs were visible by a little bit, and my pelvis was just beginning to show.

Trudging through the Basin, I find myself glancing up into the sky. I wanted to fly away from this cold hell. I spread out my wings, staring at them. The scar on my side was as charred as always, but the hair around it was growing back. I flexed the muscle, watching the scar ripple. Glancing away from it, I hear a cry. My brain processes whom that cry could have come from. As soon as I hear it though, I know exactly who it is.

Delinne.

Snorting, I realize I hadn't thought about her in forever. It had been ages, maybe seasons since my mind had last thought of the black mare I had once loved. Although within me, my inner fire was flickering to life once again at the thought of her. Recently, it had only been embers. But now, it was a small, weak fire. My hooves waltzed against the snow as I made my way towards Delinne. I did it without realizing it, I didn't really want to see Delinne again. Not after all that's happened. I see her dark figure, a familiar figure I had once dominated. She was laying on the cold ground, her blue eyes showing she wanted something. Blinking, I opened my mouth and gave a hoarse nicker back to her. I stepped forward so I stood only two strides away from her.

She was looking well, and- no. I won't think about her like that. Not anymore. Inhaling, I opened my mouth and spoke. "Del- Delinne." My tone was flat and my eyes trailed over her figure. I snorted, eyes slightly narrowed. Where was Destry? I glanced around for a moment before allowing my crimson gaze to settle on her once again. I didn't know what else to say now that I stood before her. What was there to say?

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: aghh this is so late. D: i'm so sorry ina! <3

word count: 453

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
I heard his hoof steps long before I saw him. I knew the sound of his hooves smacking the ground too well, and I felt another tear run down my cheek as I looked up at him. He came closer to me but still he stopped so far away from me. He didn't want to see me. It was so clear in his red orbs that he didn't want to see me or even less talk to me.
I stood up from the cold ground and observed him, the palomino pegasus who owned my heart so damn much without even knowing it. He could not possibly know how much I had missed him, how much it ached inside of me everytime I thought about him or Destry.

"Azzaron." I cried out a whisper, letting his name roll off my tongue again. It felt so good to say his name and my heart skipped a beat as I took a step closer to him. I couldn't bare it anymore.
I walked toward him until I was just a nudge away, until just a little bit of air was separating us. Tears rolled uncontrollably down my cheeks as I looked into his eyes, blue meeting red.
He was so beautiful and I couldn't even stand the thought that I had left this stallion for something my King had said. What was I thinking?
"Oh, Azzaron... I'm so sorry." I whispered, my words barely understandable because of my crying.

I just wanted to lean my shaking body against him, feel his warm breath on my body once more. Azzaron... How could I leave him?! It was Mauja's fault! The absence of my King had made me think twice and I wondered how I ever could've doubted my mate like that. He wasn't the betrayer... I was.
"I love you so much, Azzaron... You and Destry, you two are my everything. You are the ones who make me feel so alive, so loved, and I will never forgive myself for betraying you like that on my daughter's birthday." My voice was unstable and the tears just kept on running, making the snow underneath my head sloppy and wet.

"Will you ever forgive me, Azzaron? I'm standing here, willing to leave this for you and Destry. I don't care anymore, honestly. Without you, I only have one lifeline and that's my daughter, but she won't be around forever." I whispered, careful not to let anyone but Azzaron hear my deadly words.
"If it wasn't for my love for my daughter and the ache in my heart after you, I would've thrown myself off a cliff a long time ago."
It took a lot for me to say that, but once it was out I just weeped and fell down to my knees. I lied by his hooves, my eyes shut tight and my body shaking from the silent cries I let out.

This was painful and I guessed that it wasn't that good for my mental health either.

"Talking."

ooc: ; _ ;
word count: 503

Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.

Deceased
Dark

The way she looked at me, the way her eyes seemed to follow me. I watched as she raised herself up from the snowy ground, looked in straight at me. I didn't know how to feel. Sad? Annoyed? Furious? Forgiving? I didn't know what to say, what to do, how to act. My mind glazed over, my thoughts sliding off like water slides down leaves. I opened my mouth, my mind blank of all thought. I wanted to tell her I hated her for what she had done to me. I wanted to tell her how I hated her and Mauja and that other mare, the black one who was with Mauja on that fateful day. I wanted to tell her how I felt, how crushed I had been. How my heart may never heal. That this was a wound that no magic, no herd, no godly healer could ever mend. It would never happen.

She whispered my name, and I was withdrawn from my deep, emotional thoughts. I bit my lower lip, holding back those painful tears that dared to slide from my crimson eyes. She stepped closer to me. She-

SHE STEPPED CLOSER TO ME.

My heart jumped, and my eyes gazed at her. I- I... what was I supposed to do? I stepped back, still fighting those tears. She paced onward until only the cold Basin air was between us. I looked at her as she cried, her tears rolling down her dark cheeks. I fought back the tears my defenses wearing thin. She opened her mouth, telling me she was sorry. I still didn't know what to say or what to do, my heart yearning for her yet my mind constantly reminding me she had betrayed me. I blinked slowly, letting my lids relax and blanket my crimson pools. Inhaling, I opened them. I opened my mouth, but my words were lost. I was lost. I was here, lost in a world of hate, love, betrayal and depression. I was going mad the way these emotions tore me apart. My heart was the center of it all, the big emotion emitter.

And then...

Those words.

Those fateful words I had heard before Destry's birth. Those stupid, pitiful words that were an emotion magnet. I my heart seemed to crack, and I could hear it as it did. I still couldn't think. My lips was bleeding now, all because I had heard those words. The words that threatened to reveal those tears, the ones that would tell her I was still upset and angry. I was losing against those cursed tears. They were destroying me. I inhaled, trying to relax. But I would never be able to relax. Never. Not while Delinne's breath was so close, when her body was so close to mine.

She spoke my name again and I blinked, drawing myself back to her. She asked me if I could ever forgive her for what she had done to me. And on our daughter's day of birth, that was the day she betrayed me. That day should have been wonderful and full of joy and love, instead it was full of heartbreak, betrayal and hate.

I stood there, silent and ready to break. My eyes slid down her figure until I was staring at the ground, still fighting back those crystalline tears. I didn't know what to say, or how to say anything at this time. I was too angered and saddened to say anything to her. I wouldn't live with all these emotions pressuring me. At her final sentences, I burst.

I let those emotions run free, letting the free from my grasp. My tears became a steady stream, drizzling down my cheeks and falling to the ground like rain. "Delinne..." I choked up her name, trying to continue, although the tears constantly interrupted me. "I may never be able to heal the wound you have place on my heart, the wound you gave me when you left me on Destry's birth day. Even now, I can't believe you would do such a thing to a stallion who brought you that little miracle. I thought you loved me, but apparently my thoughts had been wrong. I thought I would never be able to truly forgive you for what you did to me. I couldn't even believe you had betrayed me like that, just to be with Mauja." I snorted, inhaling and letting the stream of tears flow on. "I may not be able to truly forgive you, but I can't just let us live torn apart like this. It's killing me inside, and I'm not ready to truly leave you. And- I... I... I'm sorry for leaving you." And then, I did something even I didn't expect to do. I embraced her for the first time in a long time. My warm skin against hers made my heart flutter, and I inhaled deeply. Maybe it was possible for that wound to be healed.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: ;_; all these emotions

word count: 836

When your crowns break."

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

ENGINEERS CREATE THAT WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN

The Engineer had made it back to Basin, worked with Mauja and the Doctor before taking a little time to himself. One of the pleasant perks of this land was that he was not surrounded consistently by entitled equines or skyrats, and the break from the hum-drum word vomit of their statements of equality was most welcome. The black pup tumbled around him and squirmed, pouncing and hopping and trying to coax his metal machine into a program Ulrik had not installed. Instead, the cold, metal wolf stood and stared vacantly, ignorant to the world around it. It was a tool, nothing more. It held no soul. It held no life. It had no heart.

Ulrik had just been quietly chewing on some salty, winter grass, minding his own business and dreaming of fantastical things. What about a throne made of wings? Could he plug a pegasus and cook it? Would it taste like bird? How many equines could he stick horns on before they would tear them off? Could they tear them off without ripping brains out too? Well, that would all depend on how they were attached of course...

And then he saw the most disgusting scene he had ever laid eyes on. The stallion jerked his muscular neck up from where he was eating, grasses still hanging out of still jaws. A black, unicorn mare was whispering sweet nothings and having some sort of emotional conflict with the mopey beast he and Deimos had kept from escaping not too long ago. The winged beast. The interloper. The failure of nature and her evolution. A blight. A blight and a unicorn.

It was wrong, and at the same time, he couldn't stop watching or judging for that matter. Ulrik chewed the rest of his food and swallowed before approaching, cloven toes opening and closing from the muscular weight of his massive, shadowy figure. The long, leonine ballast behind him hung low on the ground as he watched the pair.

He came to stand close, watching. Bronze eyes never left the pair as he creeped. Maybe she would notice and actually feel shame. The stallion stared. And continued to stare. And he did not stop staring. Rhythmically did he breath, but the bronze gaze was locked, not distracted by a single noise or rumble or word. Ulrik heard the words. What a load of sap and lies. Before him played his personal, perverse soap opera, and he was awaiting the dramatic head turn before the Capulet and Montague shared their final kiss of death. The death part is what he waited for. He hoped it would get to that part soon.

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
"Delinne..."
This was torture already. I listened with tears in my eyes to what he had to say, feeling the words stab my heart several times in a row. I knew that I had betrayed him. I knew that he hated me. How could he not hate me? I left him, just as he left me. He even brought up Mauja, but then he changed his choice of words in a way I hadn't seen coming, but hoped that he would speak out loud.
"I may not be able to truly forgive you, but I can't just let us live torn apart like this. It's killing me inside, and I'm not ready to truly leave you. And- I... I... I'm sorry for leaving you." I looked into his red eyes and then a miracle happened, a miracle I definately hadn't seen coming. He hugged me, in that special way only horses can. I embraced his warmth and smiled for the first time in a very long time.
A real, honest smile.

I never wanted this moment to end. I would be with the stallion I loved again, no matter what happened. And not even the next scene would stop me.
I heard hoof steps I did not recognize and tore my body from Azzaron as I didn't want to leave him again. The stallion who came closer was no one I recognized at all, though I only had a vague memory of seeing him in The Edge a long time ago. He was dark with bronze markings and mischievous bronze eyes. His horns stood proudly on their place in his forehead and he bore a long, furry leonine tail after his body.
Who was he?
I stared at him, slowly going in between so that Azzaron was safe behind my body. I had no doubt that this stallion would hurt my beloved without a single doubt. The smile on my face had been erased and was replaced by a face without emotions, only a slight anger in my blue eyes.
"Who are you?" I asked, my voice was monotone as I observed the unicorn closely for movement. He smelled of Basin though and was surely a member.
"Are you a follower of Mauja and Psyche? If so, go away. I don't need you here." I moved my body more so that my whole mass stood between them two. My scar was clearly visible to the stranger and I had turned my head to face him and make sure that he saw the horn in my forehead.

A thought flew by inside my head and my pupils widened. Where was Destry? Was she safe? My muscles tensed up and I went through a bunch of places in my memory of where she could possibly be. Probably that cave... Yes, she's there. She must be.
My attention was directed to the dark and bronze unicorn again and I stared into his eyes.
He was a lot bigger than I was, honestly. Bigger than Azzaron too. Could we possibly manage him in a battle? I was a little unsure on that part.

But I didn't let the insecurity take over my mind and quickly changed to defense mode. Could this stallion just disappear, please? He had destroyed one of the first emotional moments that I and Azzaron had shared in forever and I was starting to lose a little bit of the fuse within me. If he planned on trying to hurt me, or Azz for that fact, he was wrong.
And suddenly I found myself afraid that Mauja would show up. I would like if he showed up and chased away this stallion, but he would probably try to tear me away from my beloved again. That was one thing I would never let happen again. Ever. No matter what he told me, I would stick to Azzaron. And... And...
I would even leave Mauja and the Basin behind me if it meant that I would live happy with Azzaron and my daughter. I would leave this all behind if it meant that I wouldn't be disturbed by these racist asses again.

"Talking."

ooc: Defense mode: Activated o3o
word count: 690

Remember?

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Don't worry, I've done this before, it'll hurt like hell and leave you sore...
White wings brought disaster to their door. Steady beats bore her through the cold Basin air, eyes sharp and hearing keen, never quite sure what she sought for. She saw much, heard more, always a-wing when they were north, safe in the familiarity of the Basin. Most of what she came upon was below her notice, the daily life of the herd, squabbles and quarrels she had no part in, but ever so often she'd find something more interesting, and when she did, she let her bond-mate know. Sometimes, she didn't tell him until days after. But tonight, in the tentative red rays of a sunset, she saw something she wagered he'd want to know of right away. Without a single scrap of remorse she angled her wings down and fell into a steep glide, her keen hunter's senses tuning in to the hushed conversation. She didn't catch it all, but the gist of it: oh, I love you, forgive me, how could I? Oh, wait, what—Mauja? This black mare had betrayed her winged suitor, just to be with Mauja? What was so "just" about that? Anyone in their right mind would rather be with Mauja instead of some horse-parody of a bird's grace. Staring at them both impassively Irma settled on a nearby rock, carefully folding her wings and taking the time to smooth a few wayward feathers into their right position.

"Delinne." His voice was, perhaps, a little sharper than he had intended, but that hardly mattered, did it? A few loose rocks clattered down the slope, and if it wasn't for some innate sense of where snow was safe and where it was not, he never would've taken such a steep, strange shortcut down from the path he'd been on. As it was, he came down in a shower of loose snow and disturbed gravel, trotting a few steps once he hit the ground to work off the momentum. The snow cushioned him, and with a barely audible gait he crossed the rest of the distance to them, whispering across the white. He'd begun to think this was more trouble than it was worth, though, in his defense, he hadn't been home to witness much of it the past weeks. He'd not been home in a very long time, and only the chance meeting of Argos in the Threshold had had him hoofing it north again. And, apparently that made him just in time for some juicy drama he'd rather avoid. Why had they brought Azzaron here, anyway? To keep an eye on him, so he couldn't whisk Delinne away? Maybe it had seemed wise at the time, and that was why he'd let it be, but now it seemed like it just invited trouble having them cooped up together. This wasn't why he had separated them. He hadn't torn them apart only to see them come together again.

"Why does it matter if he's my friend?" His voice was gentle and soft, concerned, like the blue of his eyes as he closed in on them. He was coming up to them from the side, and wondered if the battle wasn't already lost; Delinne stood between Ulrik and Azzaron, clearly shielding them, and Irma had relayed the image of them embracing. It hadn't looked like a hurtful thing, but rather something of healing, and he had a hunch he'd somehow taken part in their "quarrel" despite his physical absence. Did it matter that Delinne had followed him home? Was it somehow his fault that he could say a few clever things had have her doubting? What kind of lover doubted their mate, anyway?

So wasn't this just for the better?
I tried to save you.

But he'd try a little longer, not wanting to let her go without some kind of effort. He halted a little ways off, deliberately not standing beside the Engineer – if this played out as he expected it to, he'd end up there sooner or later anyway, and this wasn't the first time he wished the Plague had some kind of hive mind. What wouldn't he give to be able to silently, effortlessly, communicate plans with them, coordinate their actions and words to not contradict. He and Psyche had a natural knack for it, but they had to toe the line of saying nothing of real substance, or they'd get themselves tangled up.. so what wouldn't he give for the ability to, silently, tell Ulrik to keep his judgment quiet a little longer? To ask him to try and save Delinne, because she was a unicorn? But he couldn't, and instead, looked upon the black lightning-mare he'd brought home over a year ago. She'd bled for—with—them. And here they stood, and he felt like someone had driven a wedge in between them. A wedge called Azzaron.
I stabbed you in the back, who will save you now?
Credits
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Deceased
Dark

In our moments of embrace, my heart was flying, soaring into the sky. I closed my eyes, inhaling. The one who I held closest to my heart, was returned to its place. I moved my muzzle up her neck, until I hit her crest. I pressed my face against her neck for another moment before withdrawing. I looked at her deep blue eyes, my heart reaching for her. I bumped my nose to hers, half expecting sparks to fly.

It was then I heard the footfalls of another horse. Turning my head, I spot a dark stallion, he had a sleek, onyx body and a gnarled horn between his brow. I cursed under my breath, silently praying to the Sun God that we would make it out alive. I glared at him, stepping to Delinne's side. "Stay away from us!" I spat, my eyes narrowed. I flicked my ears back and grumbled. It seemed Delinne and I could barely get any alone time before it was ruined by someone or something.

A good example of them interrupting would be from when Mauja and his broad destroyed Destry's birth day. That had been where all this had started. Delinne decided to listen to the stick headed stallion instead of listening to the stallion she loved, the stallion who had given her a daughter. She had come to the Basin, and I had made an attempt to see her, but I had been caught. And I had left Delinne, broken and hurt. And then some stupid stallion had to waltz in and steal me, locking me up in the Basin. Keeping cooped up. What he wanted with me, I didn't know. Maybe I could just slip out when no one is looking... No, too risky. Especially if Destry and Delinne decide to follow. I don't want then getting hurt either.

I heard more hoof steps, and saw the white bastard of a king himself. Mauja. Narrowing my eyes, I snorted in disgust. How and why did Delinne like this guy anyway? He was a lying bastard that teamed up with that dark broad of his to destroy innocent horses. How cruel a couple they were. I flicked my fiery eyes to Delinne, hints of worry visible in them. What were we to do? I wanted to get out of here as soon as I could. I looked at my love, wondering what we should do. I remained silent though, not daring to speak. I didn't know what would happen if I was to open my mouth. Probably some bad things.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: ---

word count: 432

When your crowns break."

YOU'RE ALL BY YOURSELF BUT YOU'RE NOT ALONE</style>
One, two, three, four let the bodies hit the floor</style>

Ulrik watched as the two idiot-crossed lovers caught sight of him staring, but he was not phased. Seeing the glory of a unicorn blighted with the taint of a pegasus was like squishing a spider. You know that when you lift your hoof, you will see all the nasty, squishy guts, but you just cannot turn your head away. The romance was like a dead, squished spider. Gross and going nowhere. Ulrik flat ignored her display of defense, the turn of her head so that he could see his horn.

He had two spires from his brow and perhaps a few hundred pounds of muscle spread evenly on cloven hooves with a tail for a ballast at his back. Ulrik was not afraid of some dumb broad. "You know if you keep staring at me with those big eyes they may pop out..." he rumbled deeply. The words were rather disturbing to hear. Leave it to Ulrik to take a phrase normally left to children to keep them from being ugly and apply it in a normal situation in a way that left you wondering... would he really try and poke out her eyeballs?

Did he possess a way to just make them run away from her head? Oh... the possibilities were endless and none of them were particularly good.

A harsh, scathing laugh escaped Ulrik's throat when the tiny, winged stallion so immaturely told him to stay away from them. Where were they? In the foaling meadow? Was Ulrik threatening to over hear the whispered secrets of childish whimsy? Oh this was rather entertaining. He had definitely chosen the right channel. "Hhmm.... no." Ulrik grinned in response. "You see, I am a welcome guest to this herd, but you are only a prisoner."

What once may have been a good mood changed in a split second to raging, cold anger and bared teeth with flattened, charcoal ears. "So if you want to tell me what to do again, you demoted and captured little shit, I can assure you that I can hide your body well enough that even the gods themselves would have to hunt and find you...." he growled. The White King happened to approach then, but Ulrik was not afraid of his reactions or responses. He did not try to hide his actions or words.

Instead, Mauja called him as a friend, and the charcoal stallion furrowed his brows slightly. Were they friends? If so, Mauja was his first friend, and that was... not a bad concept. "Were I you, I would return a proper greeting to your lord," he warned the pair, bronze eyes flashing with the promise of pain.

CREDITS: breathless-dk

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
He came. I heard him speak my name out loud with a rather harsh tune and I turned my blue gaze to him. It was his fault that we were trapped in this situation. He had lied to me about my lover.
He had lied to me about everything.
I gave Azzaron a quick look that told him to shut up after his unwanted call - if he talked, he would get hurt. I snorted and stared at the white liar who walked towards us; who stood closer to the dark stallion than us. Why did it matter if they were friends or not? Because I want to know if he's going to fall with you or not.

I snorted at the dark unicorn's words and showed off my teeth to hopefully make him shut up. Then I turned my blue gaze to Mauja the Frostheart.
"Mauja. Why did you lie to me? During your absence, I've been thinking, and I came to the conclusion that you lied to me that day on the Meadow." I hissed at him - the stallion who I used to call my King. I could no longer feel loyalty to the spotted unicorn, only regret that I actually had been loyal to him.
Azzaron's warmth behind me calmed my heart and I couldn't wait to get out of here with him and my beloved daughter. But I knew that I had to get over this one obstacle first. I whipped my tail harsh and a vague, growling sound could be heard from my throat.

"Whoever your friend is, can you tell him to shut up? This conversation is between you and me, Mauja Frostheart. Your title really fits you, you know? I fought for you, I fought with you. I even fucking bled for you. And how do you thank me? You lied to me." I took a step closer, slamming my hoof against the snowy ground.
"I used to see you as my King - but now my mind is clear. I can see what's happened. You stopped being my King after the Battle of the Edge. You had no right to take away my first love in life, no right to take me and my daughter to this cold place. I feel bad for you, Mauja." I stopped for a while, pointing my ears back close to my neck.

The hate and sorrow within me grew as I tried to catch eye-contact with the white stallion, sky meeting ice. I despised this unicorn of frost.
A loud snort escaped my nostrils and I shook my head, raising my crown higher. I was tired of his shit.
"I feel bad for you because your heart is too frozen to feel any love by now. You can't feel compassion for any living creature, and for that; I feel bad for you." I didn't show that I was surprised over the chilly tune of my voice. The softness was gone and replaced by ice, snow, frost - cold.

"I used to love to be your subject, Mauja. I respected every step you took, as well as every breath. I respected your entire being - but I can no longer respect you now that I have realized it was a lie. You lied to me - your loyal and devoted subject." I took a deep breath and stared at him. I took another step closer and stared into his frosty eyes.
"You are no longer my King and I do not wish to stay here longer than it takes to get out of here. And I take Azzaron-" I gazed at my lover quickly, "- and my daughter with me."

I rose my head and stared at the big unicorns, a determined look in my blue eyes. I wanted to get out of here now and I would do anything to make it happen.

"Talking."

ooc: -
word count: 648
tags: @[Mauja], @[Azzaron], @[Ulrik]

Remember?

Ascended Helovian

And just like that, he knows he has lost.

Ulrik was surprisingly tolerant of his distant, verbal affection, simply growling at the pair they'd better be courteous or face a lot of pain; some part of Mauja had expected the cold and taciturn Engineer to either spit at him (most of his loyal racists seemed to have a thing or two to say about his melted state), or to ask him since when they had been friends. He took the silence as affirmation of that tentative bond, and another of those alien feelings warmed his soul: relief. Ulrik had been the first of many to challenge his reign with words, but at that time, the only. Now, mostly everyone did it, and he wondered when he'd truly become so weak and incapable.

But despite Ulrik's prompting, Delinne was not at all interested in being courteous to greeting her Lord "properly" (whatever that meant in Ulrik's book). Her voice came out as a slithering hiss, eyes like flint and not at all the softness of the summer sky; inwardly, Mauja sighed, and steeled himself for the storm to come. Yet another failure to pile up on his crumbling back, another battle to fight against himself and the emotion's tide. He hid the sadness, the hurt and the sorrow, buried it beneath the cold blankets of snow and let his pale eyes yield nothing of his unhappiness with the situation. If she stared at him like a winter witch, he returned it with the quiet, calculating gaze of a winter wolf. He would not let her needles find their way beneath his armor and slip their poison into his veins. He was far too fragile to survive that.

She had well and truly made up her mind, as foolish and blind as the Qian and all his other enemies, tacking crimes onto him without even asking what he'd been doing. He'd offered Mirage a home, a chance she had not capitalized on, and instead come with an army and asking him to leave, saying she did not believe he wanted to share; and at that point, Ulrik had told him they didn't want to, and he'd made a promise, and because of that, they'd been left in the cold. And now, Delinne decided Mauja had lied to her, which, of course, was the complete truth, but was bothered him wasn't when they pieced the truth together; it was when they made up the motives themselves and never stopped to ask him what had truly happened, or gone through his head at the time. But clearly, she was riding some kind of vicious high, her fires stoked by the self-righteousness of her emotions and the perceived wrongs committed against her.

So Mauja held his tongue and listened, patient as the winter that knows it will come every year. It was his duty to listen, but he didn't want to; he didn't need her feeding the monsters of his doubts, when really all he'd done since his return was doubt his path and fitness as a King. What had once been easy, true and perfect, had become a chore he no longer remembered how to do, and all her words struck different tender parts of his heart, even as his mind sought refuge in weak bitterness to shield itself. If she had bled for him in the battle, it was nothing compared to the dangers he faced daily simply so she could have a home to live in, but if his experience in dealing with the self-righteous and enraged were anything to go by, she was beyond the point where she could be guilt-tripped. And what, she accused him of taking her here? The way he recalled it, it had been her choice to leave Azzaron, and her choice to be shepherded to the safety of the Basin. Funny, how memory works when under the effects of strong emotions.

And Mauja, he wasn't feeling much at all, just a dense weight of apathy and disappointment. Their eyes met, sky blue meeting ice blue, and he allowed it to happen, watched the iron in her eyes and wondered if she saw the wolf in his; she felt bad for him, she said, because he was the frostheart, who couldn't feel a thing. Frozen over. No compassion. Another truth the false preachers cried out to the skies, making him the devil without even checking his insides to see if there was blood in his veins and warmth in his heart. Sad, how mired they were in their perceptions and beliefs, and frustrating how he had to, over again, suffer because of their lacks. But try as he might, he couldn't deny the feeling of loss, as if it was the ending of an era, proof spelled out so clearly he couldn't ignore that he was but a pale shadow of greatness, the dust having taken the edge off his sheen and crumbled his edges. What was he, truly, but something broken, trapped with one foot in darkness, and one halfway out?

"I tried to save you," he rumbled once she had grown quiet, an edge of sadness tinging his voice before he severed that tie, and let his heart grow empty and cold. The blood would rush in again when no one was around, and some night he would howl to a darkened sky and search for a cure to that damnable ache in his chest, but for the moment, he would be everything she wanted him to be; cold, and cruel. "But clearly, you do not want to be saved." His voice rose from its near-whisper to something stronger, but never was there anger in it, simply the kind of cold iron which would not bend. "As you no longer wish to be here, so be it – but you will go alone. Azzaron will remain our prisoner, and a lactating mare will be found for Destry until she is old enough to feed on grass." If she was not strong enough to separate, he would keep them apart by force, but he didn't like how it tasted almost like revenge. "Go, Delinne, as that is your wish, and don't bother coming back again." The frost of his voice rose like smoke in the air, his heart was beating uncomfortably hard in his chest, it felt odd, lopsided, uneven in its struggle, but his eyes never faltered as he watched her. She would go, but she would go alone.
Credits

Deceased
Dark

At the black stallions' response, I flattened my ears out and snarled at him. Delinne flashed her teeth as a response, and I couldn't help but smile on the inside. Then I looked at Mauja, and then to Delinne as she started practically screaming at him. I allowed my eyes to widen a little, lifting my ears ever so slightly. I took a glance at Mauja before allowing my crimson gaze to settle back on Delinne. As she spoke I pressed my side against hers, showing I supported everything she had said. I turned to Mauja, wishing so badly that I could burn his organs right out of his body. Delinne was right, she couldn't trust Mauja anymore, only because he had lied to her on that day, lied to tear us apart. He had told her I hadn't cared for her, and that I had done this to countless mares before. But it was a lie. In truth, I cared about Delinne, I loved her so much. And I had never felt this way about any other mares, never. It was all a sick twisted lie that Mauja spoke.

After Delinne's voice had died down, Mauja spoke. The words he spoke enraged be, I widened my eyes. Save? He tried to save her? Excuse me, what do you do for a living, bub, destroy families or tell lies to 'save' horses? Either way, that's pathetic, real pathetic. I snorted at Mauja after that sentence escaped his maw, narrowed my eyes and grumbling at his words. I ignored his next sentence, but when the next one arrived, I looked at Delinne, my heart dropping slightly.

Pressing my neck against hers, I whispered to her, "I'll be by your side with Destry as soon as I can, I swear I'll be there Delinne. We can meet in the Deep Forest, unless you have somewhere better?" Pressing my nose against her cheek, I spoke again. "I'll be right on your heals with Destry, promise." I tried to smile, but after all this, I just couldn't. I just looked at Delinne, hoping she would go, instead of stay. I kept my eyes on her, worry flashing in my eyes for a brief moment. Although it pained me to let her go, I had to.

Why was fate so cruel?

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: ;_; poor azzaron is heart broken... again

word count: 396

@[Ulrik] & @[Delinne] & @[Mauja]
When your crowns break."

YOU'RE ALL BY YOURSELF BUT YOU'RE NOT ALONE</style>
One, two, three, four let the bodies hit the floor</style>

Ulrik listened in disbelief, staring at the mare as if she was some alien from another universe entirely, because she had to be speaking a foreign language with the nonsense she was spewing. He had never heard such disrespect, assumptions, and general bullshit in his entire life, and he was further reminded of why mares were a lesser species entirely on their own. Stupid, flighty, insolent bitch...

Who gives two shits about the state of Mauja's heart? His life was his own, but at least their king did not interlope with prisoners and have bastard children with feather brains. Ulrik had less respect for this mare than he did for the mares of the equines, and he stood, grinding his ivory teeth as she spoke, the muscles in his neck tensing as then curled, nostrils flaring. Bronze eyes flashed with a mad at furious light.

When she said that she would take her child AND their prisoner, Ulrik let out a barking laugh that was cold and cruel. The mare stared them down and the engineer settled his stance, widening the angle of his legs and opening his splayed toes to better grip the earth. He arched his neck over, dual horns pointing at Delinne's chest. The thick, long, lion's tail behind him wagged and waved like that of a cat, just waiting for the right moment to pounce. Muscles along his haunches jumped, body poised and ready.

Mauja made his ruling, and then the golden stallion tried to promise his mare false hopes, and the stallion snorted in amusement, a grin moving across his lips. "You will never see her again, you fool..." he murmured before turning to the black and white mare. The stallion began to move closer, violence promised in every sway of his body on his hooves, tail moving behind him like a snake. "You are no longer a member of this herd. You are no longer welcome." Ulrik curled black lips from his teeth, flattened ears against his skull.

He called the unnatural, metal wolf machine closer, and it also poised to attack, the soulless, red, glowing sensors for eyes locking onto Delinne with its programmed HUD. Ulrik then lunged at the mare, horn swinging down as he opened his mouth to bite her on the side and send her crying out of the Basin.

CREDITS: breathless-dk

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
It was over. My life in the Basin with Mauja, Faelene, Leyra... It was over. Just. Like. That.
I stared at the spotted one, showing my teeth vaguely as he spoke. Bullshit, bullshit and even more bullshit. But then he spoke something that practically broke my heart - again.
"As you no longer wish to be here, so be it – but you will go alone. Azzaron will remain our prisoner, and a lactating mare will be found for Destry until she is old enough to feed on grass." Was it Mauja who had that job in my life? Breaking my heart? It seemed to be the only thing he did.
"Fine, Mauja. I will go, but only as I want to myself." I growled the words and stared into his eyes.
"And you will never hold my family apart. I won't let you. I will find a way to take out my revenge for what you have done to me. You lied to me just to seperate Azzaron and I from each other, you tricked me into going here with Destry... You even disappeared for a while when I was at my lowest state of depression. You, Mauja, ain't no King. You're a joke and a sorry excuse for a leader." I hate you, I thought afterwards and then I heard Azzaron's whispers.

"I'll be by your side with Destry as soon as I can, I swear I'll be there Delinne. We can meet in the Deep Forest, unless you have somewhere better? I'll be right on your heals with Destry, promise."

Would he really be able to keep that promise? Would he take care of my little treasure? I looked into his ruby eyes and sighed.
"When you and Destry has escaped from here, meet me in the Deep Forest. Just call for me and I will come." My words were only a whisper, almost just a breath. The mechanical-hearted unicorn spoke and I turned my head to him, growling.
"And you... Fuck you. Fuck you both. I will take out my revenge on you two one day, that I can promise with all of my heart." With those words said, I ran. The bronze-marked stallion had just jumped towards me as I ran away, so I bucked just to try and punch him in the face with my hind hooves.

I ran with all of my soul, sending out a cry as I galloped out of the Basin. It was full of sorrow and hate at the same time, but also contained a promise that I would bring my family together one day.
One day I would meet my lover and daughter again.

"Talking."

ooc: ;____; The thread can now be closed.
word count: 445

Remember?

Ascended Helovian

Every beat of his heart hammered the coffin nails in deeper; he wasn't frozen over, he was bleeding, hot blood rushing out through the cracks. At least, that was how it felt- how could his heart keep beating, when it was pierced like that? His nostrils widened subtly, and he sucked in a deep breath.. the deep breath before the plunge. He held it, watching the information settle in, the horror dawning on them; let it out, a curling smoke of white, and felt something settle. He couldn't call it peace, but it was a state of numbness, some remnant of a past Mauja come back to haunt him: Azzaron was whispering something to Delinne, who kept heckling him, but Mauja decided not to care. At least not right now. Not here, not where she could see. The truth lay dormant upon his tongue, a truth of red sands and a deceived Sultana, something he would never speak of to her. Delinne had chosen her path, and she would pay for it, just as the world would, but why was it always the unicorns who felt his blows?

As Delinne said to "fuck them both", Ulrik lunged, and Mauja raised his voice in a cry: "I regret that I will have to kill you,". Something had hardened in his eyes, but his voice remained strangely pleasant, and for a moment he watched the once-loyal lightning mare run. When had the world come to this? When had it been turned so upside down?

Was it all because of that little jaunt with Psyche?

He ground his teeth together. This was the way he had chosen, just as Delinne had chosen hers, and all he could do now was make sure that he was victorious. So again, he swallowed his heart, and turned his frigid gaze onto Azzaron. "Get out of my sight," he commanded the beast. "But dare stick a pinion outside my borders, and you'll regret it."
Credits