the Rift

[OPEN] The tricksters way | Africa,Open

Sinuhe Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Roo
I'VE WALKED A MILLION MILES FOR YOU, BUT I'M STILL ALONE

We had taken a slow, relaxed walk here and most the day had passed. We had talked a bit and ran though the plan so that we both knew what to do when we arrived at the Basin. Sand had turned to soil, and now soil had turned to ice and snow, but we weren't quiet at the Basin yet. There was certainly a cold wind here though and it was blowing in the direction we were going, great. The snow under foot was thick and cold on your hocks when it could reach that height but it did not bother me much. I loved to be on the snow, galloping though at full pelt on my own in the silence of winter. It suited me just right. It was also dark, probably just after midnight. It was the perfect night for a trick with barely any moon out.

I had decided that I quiet liked the gentle Africa. She may not have been as outgoing or cunning as me but she was kind and friendly, and that was really all that mattered. I knew though she was slightly concerned about this whole think and I don't really blame her. She was a Pegasus after all, entering a world of racist Unicorns who hated her guts just because of a few extra bones, and feathers and muscle.

When what I believed the Basin was, was in sight I halted then, say to Africa. "I will be at the first cave on the left. You will be able to see my white figure on the ground and maybe a neigh. Stay low and behind the trees if you can and wait till whoever it is, is engaged in conversation before scaring them." I pause, looking at the snow. With a grin on my face I glance quickly up at Africa then flop down in the snow, laughing as I did, rolling around to blend my scent in a little. It was cold on my skin but it was a coldness I could live with. Standing I shake the snow of my coat, still grinning. "Bit weird yea but it helps with scent covering....Well, I suppose I'll met you there." And with that I trot of quickly towards the staggered mountains.

It was cold, snowy and ice but I kept on going. I entered a small wood area with thin trees that held no leaves on their branches. The wood was thin though and I came out the other end in minutes. Africa, if she was above, could probably have tracked me all the way through it. I came to the first mountain on the left. After a few long strides of canter I came to the first cave and as I had told Africa I halted. I pawed the ground slightly, my ears pricked forward and a small nicker coming from within me that seemed to say 'Hey, is anyone out there?'

OOC: Please wait for Africa to replay before replying. :)

SINUHE
IMAGE CREDITS

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

This was a terrible mistake...

The night grew no warmer as the freshly introduced duo journeyed north, although, as Africa navigated them well clear of the smouldering heart of Helovia, the frost crunching beneath their mismatched strides was lost. They travelled all through the remainder of that moonlit night, stopping rarely so that they might reach the target sooner, rather than later.
Personally, the anxious grey might have preferred delaying the inevitable trouble she was allowing herself to be pulled into; the imminent danger did nothing to comfort the expanding belt of guilt around her girth, nor the bubbling concern in her stomach for the safety of herself, and her herd-sister.

The night grew late and the hours of daylight loomed as they passed with a quickened, though still gentle stride through the meadowland north of the ‘Heart’. For the most part, they ambled along through the biting waters of a swiftly flowing stream chattering about the soon to be enacted plan, following its northbound course to the right as it spilt into two suddenly before them. The soft shifting sands bedding the watercourse cushioned Africa’s weary tread, her pasterns aching and not well accustomed to such primitive, earthbound trekking.

When the first hint of dawn slithered with pastel shaded breath across the distant horizon, the dapple grey mare and her ice-white companion were slowing before a significant break in the forest. She knew they were at the westernmost edge of the Threshold- having herself, passed by the area on many occasions in the last month. In fact, not far from where they paused to catch their breath, a gully descended into a lush, hidden waterhole; a pool fed through an underground spring whose cool, sweet water was never sullied by the sun’s rays. It was deep below the mainstream forest, obscured by an almost impassable rock wall- slippery with lavish slime and moisture. Africa knew where it was though. She spent many hours fussing over shade-loving flowers, delicate and unmarred even as autumn bruised the forest canopy, and shredded leaves from their lofty perches.

Now, she could not help but wish it was one of those simple, lazy days...

By late afternoon, a sheer blanket of cloud-cover had fused together to obscure the inviting blue of Africa’s adored sky. It added to her disguised disharmony, though she appeased Sinuhe’s high-spirits with appropriate chortling and prattle. They were skirting the base of a great lofty mountain range- far from anything familiar, or homey. Africa began to question herself for agreeing to come, the stress glowing unavoidably through the unsteady churn of her cautious gaze. Her wings were held ajar, not that she intended to abandon the white horse and the quest to scam the sworn enemy; her flight instinct was far greater than the urge for her to confront and fight. She felt foolish now, and her posture slumped slightly as the weight of her defiance against Kri’s very clear warning drained her buoyancy. She lacked the self confidence to raise her objection though, and maintained a reserved level of regretful quiet.

Never the less, she continued, always obligingly and imprudently selfless on this occasion.

Apparently Sinuhe knew where to go- that troubled Africa a little also, and she guided them through the Steppe confidently, perhaps even arrogantly given the task at hand. It was bitterly cold there, and pale yellow eyes glanced upwards to observe the distant white capped pinnacles just beneath the blanket of thick cloud.
They turned suddenly left while flanking a iced wall of dark, murky granite and she was surprised to find a concealed entrance of sorts, opening onto an extremely narrow path which continued upwards into a mountain. To her left, a smooth tall wall arched around to shelter their heads; to the right, the same style of wall rose to only half the length of her cannon bones- she noted diligently that should a foe come meandering down the mountain pass which they so brazenly began to follow, she could easily leap from the edge and ascend. She whispered carefully to Sinuhe who strutted ahead, that she would hang back reasonably so as not to associate them should such a situation occur.

Night had well and truly smothered the land, and Africa shivered uncomfortably, her coat thinned naturally for life in the desert, as a frosty breeze hugged wickedly around her. The path began to descend steeply, and ahead Africa could just make out the glowing ghost-like swish of the other mare’s tail vanishing behind each curve in their route- there would be no moonlight to aide her wide eyes tonight.

Sinuhe paused where the snow-covered path widened slightly, though Africa was careful to remain hidden, curled tightly against the groove of biting cold rock-face. Perhaps her dappled colouring would assist in her concealment, though if she was unlucky enough to be approached from behind there would be little defence available. As such, she pinned one black-rimmed ear tightly towards her rear, listening maybe more carefully in that direction, than that of her now whispering companion. A strange valley lay ahead in the darkness, and although Africa could not readily see it, a wind funnelled upwards from its depths, buffeting the young Pegasus’s face with a chaos of unfamiliar scents. She was actually quite terrified, fraying nerves balancing across a knife’s edge; each ligament tensed in apprehensive waiting.

"I will be at the first cave on the left. You will be able to see my white figure on the ground and maybe a neigh. Stay low and behind the trees if you can and wait till whoever it is, is engaged in conversation before scaring them." Africa held her pumping breath, so that she could hear the instructions being delivered. Suddenly, the white mare collapsed to the ground to roll in the hoof deep slush. "Bit weird yea but it helps with scent covering....Well, I suppose I'll meet you there." The idea did not appeal to the dapple grey mare, and she tilted her face in awkward acceptance, not for a second willing to copy. Not a chance...
Sinuhe scrabbled to her feet, turned and trotted from sight down the remaining stretch of path- Africa turned, and sprang over the slight edging wall between the wide spread of her powerful wings.

It was dark, and Africa had to fly at half the elevation she would have preferred just so she could track the glowing white mare below. She tried her best to glide for the most part, circling across the wildly swirling winds above the valley which had been trapped by the steep surrounding range. She watched nervously as the familiar unicorn paused between forest and mountain incline, though she was not close enough to make out the playful pawing of her hoof. Around she wheeled again, continuing similarly as she tried to always keep her herd mate in view.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Infallible intimidation, wrought in iron, forged in steel, settled in sinew, punctured, laced and lanced against the quarters of his sinuous movements. Barbarous, savage, contorted mayhem in the siege and sea of terror and plight, drove archaic, malicious footfalls across the earth, watched it dim, die, wither, shrink and shirk its grandeur, returned to the onslaught of collapse and disorder that christened their existence. Rhythms of catacombs and tombs, a walk that proclaimed graves, that sculpted headstones, that denounced and reviled in the sinister swing of vile, monstrous bliss. His decomposing heart, with its blackened, scarred existence, struck an unholy crescendo, stitched seams of sin singing its wicked, derisive hymns, the distant, nonchalant, nefarious splendor of darkening hours. He was irreverent vehemence, vicious maelstrom, vivid menace, malice ensnared, wrapped and woven into each undulating core of his coiled muscles, devilishly encompassing the molten, infernal reverie of his villainous respite. Plucked from the arms of the battlefield, of conquerors, of kings, of sovereignty and supremacy blended into the cursed march of his dominating prowess, the pernicious, poisonous puissance of his resolute power; a wretched, horrible, abominable monster. He lived in acrimony, fueled and instigated, incensed and kindled along the winding tortures of entropy, anarchy and bedlam, touched by the lavished opulence of decadent fervor, and now further incited by the foolish turbulence of the inept, the weak, the idiotic and mundane. He was cruelty, villainy and atrocity in the slinking, slithering condemnation of life, peril immersed in strife, the arrow, the spear, the rapier dipped in venom, aiming to scald, to sear, to beat the witless, the artless, the creatures that roamed in bliss, in ignorance, to decay and fall apart in the seams of their stupidity. And they, these monotonous barrages of imbeciles, had made a fatal error.

Their scents wafted and mingled over the cold wind, the heady warning of bleak, inane intrusion. His presaged, augured authority coolly traced the filaments of memory, found them wanting, wavering, hovering between dolt and dunce. Their strides had not been carved into the herd prior, nor did they not belong to the arches of ice and rime, of frost and glaciers, of mountains and valleys. Was this yet another bundle of idiots, nestled in their unintelligence, warmed by their exultation of exploring, of the delight of their capricious, molten stupidity? What were they hoping to find, to achieve? Why were there so many surrounding them, constantly mingling in the arts of danger, in the eaves and tapestries of treachery? Did they want to find obliteration, dangling and strangling their souls? Did they want to touch, to taste, the delicacy of wounds, of demise, of ruin and desecration? Did they want the feeling of a noose dragged over their napes, strung across their throats, beaten, lavished, torn into the framework of insurrection and turmoil? He yearned to deliver, to bestow, that promise of death to them. He longed for their eternal disquiet, their civil unrest, for their lungs to cease breathing, for their hearts to stop beating, for their world to be swallowed beneath the slinking promise of his extermination. He’d devour them whole, watch them decompose in the sumptuous carnivore upheaval, the rise, the fall, of their meaningless tirades. The devil was convicted, contorted, consumed in his movements, in his motions, following in a predacious slink, covering his world in the oath of desecration, piercing, toiling, unraveling until he stood in the wake of the other horned one, of the beast flying overhead, trespassers clinging to their last dream, their last hope, their last inspiration. His eyes glared, unrelenting, unheeded scrapes of piercing, harpooning lacerations, the nonchalant exterior hiding the taut affirmations of his vehement, wolfish desires. The harsh grate of his words, swords and daggers, knives and scythes, demanded over the slash of ice and sky. “Leave.” The one warning, before the plunge of blade into flesh, the silent incantation of death across bodies.

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

Silence, quiet and finally safety in The Basin. The impersonator's footsteps were alone, she now traveled that way. Male company...friendly company was no longer her desires. She was no longer in a relationship, and most of her friends were busy. To her surprise she was enjoying the silence and she was taking the time to wonder around the Basin, the home she knew by heart. She knew every nook and cranny of the Basin. She spotted however two figures in the distance. Her time alone was apparently coming to a quick close.

The closer she got, the sooner she recognise the hide of Deimos, personally, she had only met him once before. Arah however took it upon herself to know each one of her leaders. Setting her pace at a quick trot her eyes fell towards an apparent intruder. Wonderful. She hated dealing with intruders, however the presence of the powerful Deimos filled her with confidence. Quietly she slipped up the side of Deimos and looked over their unwelcome visitor. The mare of the unicorn but Arah's nose still picked up on The throat's smell. Raged filled within her and Arah eyes narrowed. She remained silent and kept her face blank from emotion, she would not give the other's the pleasure of knowing her anger, the pleasure knowing her the mere presence was pissing Arah off to no end.

She was a member of the herd that was nearly forcing open warfare on The Basin. She did not belong here and she wouldn't be around for much longer, Arah had no doubt that Deimos would make sure of that. Still her golden eyes turned skyward, not for a moment trusting her to be alone. She did not notice anything, but with the gift from the sun god, fire ran through her body instead of blood. The desire to fight this intruder and any other out from her home ran true. Her eyes glanced at Deimos again, only for a second, she knew his reputation. She knew that he would be able to destroy this petty mare in a matter of seconds.

Was she simply and idiot for appearing in their territory, she had to know that this was The Basin's land? Had Kri sent her here, if not Arah certainly hoped her ass would be kicked by her leader for breaking the invisible barrier. To Arah, her being here was breaking the silence between the herds. The delicate balance was being broken, tipped by her very presence here. She was breaking the unspoken rule, that you did not appear in the other herds land you were declaring war.

Maybe that was her purpose here? However her easy-go-lucky attitude suggested differently. It suggested that she wanted to play games. Well Arah was a master at them, she could speak riddles, tell half truths, and have you walking over an edge just because she asked you too. She watched the other mare now, a coy smile danced across her lips. That was her job after all, and she was practically good at it. Only, sadly enough, Arah would not be able to engage in any games. Deimos would tear them from limb to limb before she could even mutter. a single word

A gentle sigh tumbled from her lips and as she sifted her position slightly. Feeling glad that she had an ally by her side.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; :3
Words; 562
Tag; Deimos, Africa, Sinuhe and Open.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Alan Posts: 28
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 10
Adoptable
The cool wind of the northlands brushed across her bay hide, welcoming home like an old friend and reminding her she'd been away too long. Back in the days of their defeat she had been used to this, but she'd spent time in warmer climates: her coat hadn't quite understood it was supposed to be grown-in by now, and at first she'd shivered as she stalked across the frozen wastes. Anger, at everything, had warmed her, along with the constant movement, the rise and fall of limbs as Alan powered herself across the snowy tundra. When in doubt, resort to anger. It worked quite well, and mumbling curses about Seiren and marshes and the Qian and everything between heaven and hell had certainly warmed her. It even made her feel a bit nostalgic, of those tense days, never knowing when the blow would come. She thrived on the fast rhythm of life, coming alive when her heart beat fire into her veins.

She didn't even know where they lived anymore - if they lived at all. She was just going off of what she knew, that they'd escaped north, then Mauja had disappeared and Alan had taken off after Seiren, mostly on a whim.. but the whim had kept her occupied for almost a year and a lot could've changed. Spitting out another string of curses she found something that resembled a well-worn trail, a highway across the snow, heading slightly west. With nothing better to follow she took the path, and the darkness closed in around her. The temperature dropped steadily, but clouds swept in to obscure the stars, and she was thankful for what extra cover she could get. Why couldn't her winter coat grow in just because she asked it to? Why did it have to take weeks? Muttering something unholy she hoped the unicorns lived someplace else, for she wasn't ready for this cold yet.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem that way. Mountain walls loomed on the horizon, and movement by its base caught her attention. With nothing better to do Alan headed for it, because it coincided with her path; too far away to see she couldn't pick out their shapes properly, and they disappeared into the range. If only the moon had been out, she would've been able to see... Oh, well. If she walked into a den of lions she'd notice, and hopefully be quick out.

Coming to the point where she'd seen them, Alan realized they'd disappeared into a narrow pass, following a winding path into the bowels of the mountains. Scowling, she took one look left, and one right, then stepped gingerly in between the high walls. She could smell the pair, but not identify them - one day she'd probably known that smell, but time had scrubbed it out of her mind and she shrugged. If anything, it made her somewhat more irritated, so she guessed the scents had belonged to someplace she didn't like. Her hooves echoed dully against the hard floor, and whenever the wind blasted it was icy and strong, funneled into higher speeds by the narrow walls; Alan shivered, unable (and unwilling) to trot in such a tricky space, and her body was cooling rapidly.

Then suddenly the world opened up again. Mountains rose on either side of her, and she squinted, trying to see the other horizon, but couldn't. It seemed like she'd found some kind of hidden vale, and with her eyes scanning the ground she followed the steps of someone else. Her partner had disappeared - or had they only been one? She wasn't sure, and looked up; three unicorns stood nearby, two pale and unfamiliar, and a third... the sleek, gray body, the long horn, the lock of white by his poll... A twisted grin curled Alan's mouth. It was none other than Deimos.

But who were the ladies? One stood by his side, so clearly it was an ally, the other stood facing them, looking innocent, but Alan was no fool. She read tension in both Deimos and the stranger by his side, and her amber eyes narrowed dangerously as she slipped closer, quiet for once. She wanted to know what was going on before she started shouting.

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It was hard NOT to know that scent. My auds immediately emerged themselves, molding into my skull. If this was one way to piss me off, if this was one way to just bust my bubble, well little lass, you had just done it. After all I had offered and now you decide to just merrily show up on my doorstep, well I have something to say to you. The blood that intoxicated my being went from cold to hot, but with an icy burning sensation. This was pay back, and we all know that pay back is a bitch.

I lengthen my stride to a full out gallop as I redirect my path. I already sense others of my clan and smirk. I wonder if d’Art will show up. But no matter, I was on full alert as I came nearer to the group and slowed my movements to a smooth gait. My haunches were nice, round and supple, as my two beat gait carried my frame to the intruder who I had once invited to take home with me. But she had been a fool, ad now she was just a plain and outright stupid fool to come waltzing into my home.

Circling around the group, I plaster a smirky grin on my features and flick out my banner in pure annoyance. I could sense the wretched smell of a Pegasus near by, which only boiled my inside even worse. How would I approach Sinuhe, after such a courteous departure on both my and d’Art leave of absence? Would I rage at her for daring to bring a Pegasus into our midst and then demonstrate to her what happens to those filthy creatures? Or would I welcome her like I had in the Threshold, with venom and cooing words?

I slink out of the shadows from the woods, and slither up to our visitor. It has been too long, dear Sinhue. Pray, tell me, what brings you this far north? My words were pure ice, though delicate and fragile as they left my tongue. I would have no mercy on this unicorn mare, for she had outright dismissed me, and for that, she would pay dearly for. I wondered for a moment, what a unicorn’s horn would look like strung around my sleek nape; it was quite a thought, let me tell you.

text text text blah blah blah

Dragon's Throat Mare
Roo

Attracting a crowd was not a bad thing, nor a good. I hadn't bargained on having three or four Unicorns coming to meet and greet, not that I was sure if they were going to greet anyway. A small part of me wanted to know if perhaps D'artangan would turn up, or Giselle. It would be a interesting conversation to say the least, especially when someone else decided to drop in on us. I stand with my head looking away from the cave so that when Africa swoops down, they won't see her.

They come one by one. The first, a dark stallion. His voice came dark, harsh, cold. "Leave." My head lifts slightly, my ears turning back slightly. "And hello to you to." I say, just a hint of sarcasm in my voice. "I came here to cause no trouble, I can assure you." It is now that yet another arrives. This one a smoky white. Horns like a stags grew from her head, coated in the thin layer of velvet that made them so soft. She said nothing. So I say nothing, I didn't get the chance anyway.

A bay mare came, she was also quiet. Then a familiar face came Giselle. My attention turns to her and her voice, dripping like blood of a blade. "It has been too long, dear Sinhue. Pray, tell me, what brings you this far north?" Although the words she spoke were, kind, they were sarcastically kind. My words weren't sarcastic however. I nod in her direction. "Giselle," Now talking to all of them I continue. "I can asure you all, I come in no harm. I have only come to find out what the rest of this land was like. I have chosen the ignore the fact most of you hate Pegasi and Equines, I have choose to look past my stubbornness. and come here, maybe not to forever as I was going to but, just a small visit." I direct the last part of my speech at Giselle. With a small smile flicking onto my face for a split second I add. "As Giselle has said, I am Sinuhe."

SINUHE
IMAGE CREDITS

Deceased

Look down
Look up

There is no way this can end well...

The air was bitterly cold, passing beneath the extended span of her wings in swirling gusts, lifting her and teasing her balance constantly as she attempted to maintain a steadily wheeling altitude. From below, her grubby, mottled silvery-white, and grey coat would have appeared for the most part inconspicuous; concealment enhanced by the tense clutch of her charcoal black legs to her belly all breaking up any perceivable formation of the bulk of a body. No colour cloaking her airborne physique should have been solid enough to show as anything more than the subtle circling of a broken shadow- there were no stars for her passing mass to block. Birdlike perhaps she was, though obviously larger all sections combined in comparison. The sanctuary which harboured her brethren within the harsh climate of the desert certainly nourished such extravagant creatures; glamorous exotic wildlife that had naturally taken her breath away. It could have been possible that a barren, frozen wasteland such as this (which she could still barely make out through the thick, suffocating darkness) could house such creatures of its own.

Below, the slight figure of her ghostly counterpart remained in place and within record time a crowd assembled to surround her intruding appearance in their territory. Africa took a deep breath, holding it as yet another dark figure moved into place. Surely Sinuhe was aware of the danger which now clouded her in hostile, warning breath. A horrified tremble ricocheted down the length of her stretched spine, though she could not possibly have been aware of the groups bartering words. It was enough that the duo had invaded enemy territory; there would be no excuse to relieve the amount of trouble that would most certainly befall them- If they made it home at all. At least for the moment, Africa remained moderately safe and hopefully unnoticed. The ice-white Unicorn below however, was not so fortunate- whether she knew it or not...

I feel sick; I cannot go through with this.

Peering down from her nest of unreachable security, Africa tried to assemble the chaos of frantically spinning thoughts in her head. At some point Sinuhe would be expecting her to flutter down and brush their otherwise distracted focus with her dangling hooves. She was second guessing the plot altogether now though; regretting her decision to follow the newest member of the Throat, who was still basically in all respects, a stranger; fretting at the prospect of capture. Africa was possibly the most foolish personality dwelling within the entirety of Helovia. She remembered Lana glumly- the black filly who had allegedly been tortured by these very racists and Athena who could still have been below her in the valley, somewhere. Racisits... Perhaps, she wondered biting her lip, her earthbound companion stood some chance of ‘fitting in’, of creating some illusion that she was alone and seeking acceptance. Africa was entirely unaware of any previous conflict between Sinuhe and her pursuers- and similarly of the growing tension through the group as a result of said offence.

She swept around again, and again, any small existence of courage shedding from her prickling cowardly cloak; delaying her part in Sinuhe’s already failing plan.

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Their minds must have been filled with bulbous ignorance, covered, lined and lacquered with cheap filaments of brain tissue and matter, fostered and fastened by nothing but the need to survive, but lacking the means to achieve it. Common sense thrown to the scattered winds, never enlightened, never bestowed, all to be tossed into the world of idiocy, decay, and the inane. How did the inept continue to exist, basking in the glow of cluelessness, lost and wanton to the sights, the sounds, the taste, the touch, of intelligence? What carried them onwards, and why? Were they not useless little cretins, filling kingdoms to the brim with weakness, with foul, disgusting, feebleness, too weak, too idiotic, too hampered and spoilt by the infirmity of their entitled decadence to think for themselves? He stared down the length of the mare and found naught; another pathetic waltz of life destined to knock upon their door, to ask, chide and chime for something they didn’t deserve, for a reckoning they were about to receive. She was a heathen display of frailty and imbeciles, and the callous, cold friction of his meticulous calculations only fed upon her waving debility. How quickly could he torch her flesh? How swiftly could he maim her bones? How would it feel to tarnish the last spit of air that quivered from her lungs, brazen, burned and scorched? How would her body fall to the earth, just as empty, just as vast, just as desolate as her cranium? Would the earth swallow her whole, consume the rotten chords of her silly, capricious sinew? Or would she decompose in the merciless, ruthless scheme of their swallowing wreckage and ruin, cleverly seduced into ruin? His eyes, chilling, sinister bearings, seized her stare and vividly portrayed the heinous distinction of his raw, unholy candor, brutality possessed, apathetic, insouciant anarchy, acrimony, vehemence in the shades of her fatuous splendor. Was it racism to abhor idiots? The crushing weight of his vocals, incensed, fueled, tainted, by the foolish distinction of her claims, grated into a hollow, discordant sound. “No. We loathe trespassers.” They ended on a hiss, a sibilant, grinding, viperous tilt that threatened with each pounding note, with each fractious chord. As she ambled, proceeding with that high and mighty air he felt his muscles contort, composition remaining taut, indifferent, with the hushed requiem of his devil’s outcry simmering and boiling amongst his veins. He’d slash her head off to simply cease her flailing tongue.

“I do not care.” The last sentiments rolled on a growl, the feverish, incensed timbre of a fire brimming toward rampant sin tucked in the boughs of their frigid, bestial monstrosity, looming across the surface of antagonistic fervor, beating, bleeding, a clamorous requiem of debauchery and annihilation. Bedlam coiled, embroiled, the helix scheme and distortion of supremacy; it kindled, ravenous and devouring, clinging, clawing, unforgiving, oppressing, cherishing and consuming. Fellow pariahs melted and molded into savage sinew, swiveling the vicious chest of endless carnage, of unholy possession, of imperial poise and prose; he felt the world beat against his daggers in a staccato rhythm of mercy, begging, breathing, ushering the whimsical tides of a enigmatic lament – despondency and melancholy ignored. The edge seared into their lungs, into their muscles, tempting, beguiling, alluring, the fingers of cloistered immorality springing into the tumultuous siege of heathen brushstrokes, alight, ignited, finessed into the wicked clamor of primal treachery. Deimos stepped closer to the mare, the intimidating, oppressive, overwhelming monster, claimed dominance in the perilous juncture of her vapid, dense, nonsensical drama. The nefarious caress of his necromancy flushed, simmered, seared along his skin until it was a damning whisper, the aching, yearning, longing twist and distortion of a hellish creature eager to drive a rapier through the heart of another. His concluding demand, a rough, daunting command, left his persecuting mouth, and he wished, hungered, hankered that she would feel the taste of his magic floating over each word, so that she’d be pierced, damaged, and desecrated; undone, vanquished, gone. “Get out.” Sealed with a promise of bloodshed thereafter – if spurned again by her mindless pursuits.

[Death magic activated and waiting.]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

She listened to each encounter and waited quietly. She did not have anything to add and quite frankly Deimos had the ground pretty much covered. Her eyes were narrowed and quick calculations were going on behind them. Arah did not noticed the outsider approaching. As another female from her herd approached, Arah felt a coy smile settle on her lips. This mare had entered The Basin with a purpose. All of these exploring excuses were just that, excuses. Her sigh was loud and the roll of her eyes could be seen by everyone in the group who was looking at her. Liar, liar. Other's from opposing herds did not just visit their rivals. They chose to kick their rivals ass on the battle field. So what the hell was this little whiny mare really doing here? Arah decided to make it her job to find out.

Stepping forward Arah spoke, "Do not lie to us, don't even bother wasting your breath." Her voice was quiet and thoughtful. No one had time to deal with the mare and whatever pathetic plan was forming in her head. "Heed Deimos' warning, leave." She looked towards Deimos now and tilted her head slightly. "I don't know about you, but I really wouldn't want to go up against him in a battle." Before turning her eyes back onto the threat she passed Deimos a small smile, letting him know that she was on his side, an ally. The last time she had been dealing with an intruder her own kind had screamed at her afterwards, she did not want it to happen again. Not that she hadn't been able to deal with the idiot mare who decided to take her on. Arah may not look like much but she still kicked the Sun god's horrendous bear's ass.

To her own mind, she was just as much of an bad ass as a fellow warrior in her herd.

Her head tilted to the side as she now watched the other mare. Doubtful that she would be able to take on him. Only this mare was here creating an audience...a distraction. Arah still hadn't figured out what her real purpose here was. Although one thing was almost for certain, she was far to confident for somebody by herself. "Tell me, Sinuhe," Arah was taking a wild guess but only confidence could be heard. "Where is your trickster partner?" Arah inquired. Golden eyes blinked once while attempting to catch the gaze of the troublesome mare. "No doubt they need to be told what happens to trespassers as well."

It was a gamble to assume that she was working with someone but Arah just had a feeling. Her stance was still relaxed, casual and pretty much chilled. Standing next to Deimos she felt pretty powerful.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; Small post, conserving my muse xD
Words; 467
Tag; Deimos, Africa, Sinuhe, Alan, Giselle and Open

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Alan Posts: 28
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 10
Adoptable
It was the best welcome home present she could get. A crooked grin upon her lips, her tail twitching with a hunter's interest, and her shoulder resting against a sturdy, but unfamiliar tree. For a moment she turned to peer at it, as if saying hello buddy, but then she turned her attention back to what went on. The drawl of Deimos' voice, his smooth, precise threats - nothing had changed here, alright, and while she itched to jump in and shove the pale mare's ass back out the way it had come in, she was wary.. not entirely sure she'd come alone. Every so often her amber eyes would leave the spectacle to scan both sky and ground, looking for movement, but for the moment the only one who came to join them was Giselle, and apparently she knew the brazen bitch by name. Alan huffed quietly where she stood, ears flipping lazily.

Something was fishy here alright. Normally you didn't walk, cheerful as sunlight, into the Basin, in the middle of the night, and ignore the fact that four angry unicorns were staring daggers at you and threatening to end your miserable existence. So. She was either outright stupid (but she didn't seem dumb), or up to something, and personally, Alan suspected it was the latter. Oh, and look at that; the white, antlered mare next to Deimos was of the same mind as herself, querying her for her "trickster partner". Again, Alan's amber eyes slid to the surroundings, but nothing moved, nor did any new Basin soldier come to join them in their little spot of fun. No, it was just them, the sky, and the silent trees. Flicking the tuft of her tail she walked a little closer, a huntress in the shadows, before settling against another tree.

"I know what they used to do to trespassers in my days," she offered jovially from the shadows, knowing that the target in question had seen her earlier - giving herself "away" wasn't so much giving herself away as joining the game. "And since I've been gone, I assume they've had lots of time to experiment and come up with new games of torment." There was a gleam in her eyes, a brightness, but despite it her posture seemed almost bored; still looking to the surroundings every so often she waited, to see if this Sinuhe would gamble her own health so foolishly for the sake of whatever she was doing. Alan's head came up, eyes narrowing as she stared into the darkness, back the way she had come. What if she was a distraction for something bigger..? But surely, those shapes she'd seen earlier in the darkness were watchers, their keen gazes jealously guarding the entrance.

Best keep all senses alert, though. She didn't want to stand here tormenting some bait idiot while the rest of the herd got hammered hard.

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It was hard for me not to let the pleasure of a smile spread against my maw as each of my family members were quick to throw this mare out. It warmed my heart, to say the least, if you could say I even had one. Deimos was the boldest, and rightfully so. If I wasn’t so selfish, I might have stepped back and let him have at it. But her coming to the Basin, was now a personal matter, and I wanted her to suffer more than anyone thought possible. Who was this twit, to think she could just come waltzing in and have no repercussions to answer for?

Arah was right, I thought. A partner in crime did not lurk far. In fact the scent of a Pegasus was lingering. If anything, at this point I was the one with all the information needed. And what a perfect time and opportunity to expose whose side she had taken. But then another spoke from the shadows. Talk of torment of trespassers, and that wasn’t the only thing I remembered ither.

Sinuhe, dear, I would offer you an invitation to stay, but you have already declined your opportunity in the Threshold. As you can see, we do not take kindly to just anyone who merrily makes a decision to just explore.

I take a second to eye my companions. They were all stanced for battle, but I was perfectly calm and free. I could almost feel Sinuhe’s fur on my hide. What a shame to let such a beautiful fur coat go to waste. I would heed Demio’s kind offer and leave now. While your still in one piece, and don’t forget to take your friend with you. Is it Avalon who has accompanied you, another unicorn to lead you astray? Or another fool you have put in danger because of your lack of intelligent curiosity?

Sinuhe’s name would forever be engraved on my list. I wondered exactly what had itched beneath her skin so, to have the nerve to come to the Basin. Whatever it was, she had made a bad decision, and now she would have to pay for her choices. Every possible nerve in me was on fire. I wished she would do something stupid so that I might have a reason to lunge her and finally crave my thirst for a traitor’s blood. But something told me to wait, and patience was something to be valued.

text text text blah blah blah

Dragon's Throat Mare
Roo

She wasn't going to do it. I knew she wouldn't. I should of found someone with more guts, more of a devilish character, not a nervous lass who I had only just met. For now though, I could only hope she didn't find that bit of courage in her so that she didn't swoop down kicking at their heads. I hadn't betted on three turning up and, although I didn't see it as bad but more of a challenge, however I didn't think Africa was quiet...up to this level yet but then, maybe a little challenge would do her good.

My mischievous gaze travels across the faces of the three Unicorns. I had decided, the stallion was a total grump who needed a bit of fun in his life. He growled, almost like a dog, then hissed, almost like a snake. Then, that the grey mare, was a bitch who needed to mind her own business. The bay mare, she also needed to piss of because she was really getting on my nerves. And Giselle, Darling Giselle what could I say about her? She was so darkly adorable.

They grey mare speaks first, I replay instantly. "Do you think I am scared to wander here alone? Do you think I need a partner in crime?" Now the bay mare. I wondered if she had recently returned because, the way she spoke, she seemed to have. "And what sick experiments might they be?" From the way she spoke there was something messed up about her. What creature experimented?! Now Giselle spoke. When she had to finished I flick my tail, ears pinned back then trotted up to her in all my beauty. "Please, Giselle, do you think anyone is scared of you?" I laugh mockingly. "And no, Avalon is not with me. And as for my intelligence, I know it to be high. Not all of us were raised by a dumb bitch you know?" Damn I could be a right bitch at times.

Now for the moody stallion. Although he had be the first to speak I had ignored him, leaving him till last. Now though I strode up to him, my stride was weaved with confidence. Did he also think I feared him? "Demios was it? Demios the moody by any chance?" I push past him, making my way through the three Unicorns. I paused before I went, my back turned to them then, looking over my shoulder to look back at Demios. "Someone needs a little bit more fun in there life I think, 'ey grump?" I say laughing, flicking my tail on his legs then trotting a few paces and turning round to face them.

I was calculating their every move waiting to see what would happen next but there was no way I was going to let an awkward silence hang around. "Now are you going to ask me to leave politely or not?"

OOC: I can't beleive how bad this post was. D:

SINUHE
IMAGE CREDITS

Deceased

Look down
Look up

The night was dark and colder still with every passing minute; the sky was empty, her airborne circles tormented by the wicked ice of perhaps an early winter wind. It was a constant biting reminder that she was committing some form of felony, betraying the confidence in her, so far formed by her trusting herd. Always the warm, familiar faces of those favoured horses flashed as stark warnings before her eyes- and they were wide and frightened by the group below; the sequence of current talk which she could only guess the essence of rattling her beyond measure. Presumably, Sinuhe was not being welcomed with open arms...

The unfamiliar, rival horses; one, two, three, four... she counted, were gathered in a loose, though impassable formation around her herd-sister, intimidating enough even from her lofty perspective. Africa grew increasingly restless, the disharmony swelling through her quivering frame a sudden distraction, swaying her concentration as she peered dismally downward. The wicked wind shifted across her wings, unsettling feathers and her altitude in the millisecond of lapsed attention. Around and around she trailed, though now she was descending also. Her pale eyes watched as Sinuhe seemed to strut through the slight space which had been gifted- probably undeservedly, the picture appearing clearer, the nearer she drifted.

“Someone needs a little bit more fun in their life I think, 'ey grump?” She caught, the haughty nature of the ghostly mare’s voice, and it failed to feed her the assurance she craved so desperately, that all was progressing swimmingly. Sinuhe laughed then, an extremely provocative move that Africa knew had been foolish. Is she not worried Africa panicked, What is she doing! Her companion was swaggering; had turned her back on the hungry glare of the predators and seemed to be swanning in the direction from which she had entered their territory- she turned abruptly again though, to Africa’s relief, and the flighted horse let out a long-held sigh... Her respite was short lived however, when Sinuhe again spoke- sealing her demise. Well, from Africa’s horrified, mostly dramatic viewpoint. "Now are you going to ask me to leave politely or not?"

All of a sudden, as Africa moved to tuck her forelegs close beneath her throbbing breast pre-flap, the swing of those hooves snagged in some vine-like growth, tangled through the highest branches of a lonely tree’s canopy. She cursed aloud, lurching forward instantly and losing all sense of balance. Down she swept; a clumsy mess of thrashing wings and fearful snorting.

Peeling her trembling mass from the frigid, frost-laced grass afterward, Africa’s eyes lifted slowly, bursting with apprehension because there could have been no mistaking her untimely, awkward and tremendously inelegant crash. Propped in a sitting position for a moment across straightened knees, the dapple grey assessed herself for any kind of injury- she was lucky, and seemed unharmed; though as she heaved forward to stand properly, she was quick to guarantee with a silent scornful scolding, that her wellbeing would soon be shattered.

[ooc: edited...]