the Rift

[OPEN] I've Broke Apart My Insides

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

The air was bitter compared to the previous land the draft had resided in. Just after Arah had been swept away from him and he had promised to keep her safe, he was too stolen. The Dragon's Throat had dehydrated his body, causing his flank to sink in deeply and his thick coat to shed in awkward, obnoxious patches. The foliage also dried out his silver hooves, causing cracks to run up random lines of each hard walled foot, small pieces flaking and chipping off at random as well. Orangemoon hung high in the air, it's light pulsating rhythmically onto the earth's crust as each cloud blocked it out, only to be swiftly carried away by the wind. The air was so inviting.

With unsure feet, Crash moved across the like-new, powdered ground. His chest grew with each deep breath; not because he was breathing heavily, but because the air smelled so much sweeter. Normally, Arah would be the first thing on his mind, but survival instinct kicked into his brain, telling him to drink as much water as possible. The trio that had guarded the stallion at the Throat had not been abusive and had given him enough rations to get by, but uncomfortably. The thought made his stomach bubble and whine.

The moon was blocked out by thick, black clouds that began to shower the ground below with light droplets of rain. The liquid shocked him for a moment, his head raising high in the air and ears pushed forward. Soon enough, it relieved his sore body. During the, "fight," Midas had struck his withers hard from the air, driving the draft to his knees with a reluctant cry. His left shoulder now bore the scabbed over burn from his opponent's phoenix as well.

Dark blue eyes adjusted to the darkness without the help of the orange globe that hung in the air. Crash made his way to a small puddle of rain water, quickly dipping his dark mug into the liquid and sucking it nearly dry. The water was so cold, making it feel like ice ran down his throat with each gasp of air between drinks. Thank god Mauja had freed him. He owed the speckled stallion something large.

walk walk walk talk talk talk

Please tag me in all posts.

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
We Talked
Together Sharpening a Knife
Like Killing Partners for a Life
Hey, We can Hide the Bodies on the Ride Home
It was raining, and she was terrified.

Caught in the middle of play, Rhiannon had been unaware that a fall-based storm had been brewing above her very own crowned head. Her steps had been light and playful as she danced through the snow, completely unaware that she should be returning home to her father before it grew too late... Except that, of course, the filly hadn't listened to her own thoughts.

Graced with lithe, thin limbs, Rhiannon had played and danced by herself well into the evening, completely unconscious of the setting sun and the rising on the moon. The brindled filly had, however, taken immediate notice when the heavens opened up and rain fell down from above, splattering her with chilly wetness and causing the short tufts of her frosted mane to stick to her neck. It was uncomfortable and cold, and the moon provided little light due to the fact that the thick clouds blocked out its rays. On a normal night, Rhiannon would be capable of finding her way home with little effort... But right now, she found herself struggling to see through the all-encompassing darkness.

Each step was slow and trembling, and idly she wondered if Crowley was out searching for her. Had she of listened, Rhiannon knew that she would be warm and snuggled against the Weaver's warm legs, either listening to him explain the laws of life or telling one of his rare child-worthy stories. Unfortunately for the brindled filly, however, she didn't listen to the Weaver's words, and was now regretting that decision.

Oh, if only she had listened...!

Dual-colored eyes were narrowed as she peered through the darkness, taking one step after the other, her tiny hooves sinking into the snows and causing her lanky form to become terribly unbalanced. Quite a disgrace she made, Rhiannon thought bitterly with a shake of her head, snapping her tiny muzzle to the left as she righted herself from yet another stumble. Gods, if only she could find her way home...

Up ahead, however, something seemed to materialize from the very darkness from which she struggled to walk through. A large, painted stallion, and while Rhiannon didn't recognize him, she took immediate notice of the horn that graced his brow. The sight was relieving, for she remembered fondly Crowley's words of the 'lesser' creatures of Helovia; the mere equine and the winged Pegasus.

'Good,' Rhiannon thought with relief, 'Hopefully this fellow can help me find my way home...'

Her stumbling pace slowed, and Rhiannon allowed her head to droop slightly, gold and silver orbs peering at the stallion who stood a few paces away from her. She took note of the missing hairs, and the way that he looked slightly disarrayed, but tried not to be put-off by his mere appearance. Perhaps he could help her...

"'S'cuse me?" Rhiannon called, dipping her head upwards slightly, the nubs of her growing horns pointed slightly askew, "You there, mister. Could you help me, please?"

Hidden Account

The large stallion took a step back from the now shallow puddle, keeping his heavy skull low. The cold liquid continued it's run to his stomachs, making itself present the entire trip. He stood in silence, hoping for the best of the situation, his brain picking apart every little thing that consciously popped into his half awake mind. Where is Arah, is she okay? The image of the ivory maiden flashed just fast enough for him to suck in a deep breath, only to let it out in a sigh.

Snow crunched from elsewhere, off in the darkness. White ears flicked back, listening to the oncoming noise. Slowly, Crash lifted his head into the air, staring off toward the sound with tired eyes. The frame of a tiny body appeared from the shadows of the night, forming into a black, brindled filly. Two twisted horns sprouted from her fluffy forelock, still small and stubby.

"'S'cuse me?" Her voice reached him easily in the eerie silence, nearly melting his heart. Dark blue eyes took in the filly's entire body once she stood close, asking for help. He tipped his large head to the side, curious as to why such a young unicorn was venturing around by herself. Even in their own homeland, you could not trust every one. "Of course. Why are you alone, little one?" His voice was tender and curious, and though he considered moving closer to her, he stayed put with his head held at the female's level.

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elizabeth

It was a strange feeling, come back again after what felt like so long. Her thoughts had been scrambled like eggs in the sun, and she needed to get the sun off her back for a while. And that required leaving her child. She felt claws dig itself into her heart as she left the Basin for what would be a few weeks, leaving her with the Weaver and Talbot. She knew her daughter would be well taken care of, but still, the thought of her being away caused a hollow place in her chest. But there was something that pulled her away, something that she needed to do...

She moved herself from this land, only looking back once. She stared as she was on the outer boarders, looking at everything with a feeling of longing, but it was too early for such heart ache. She turned herself around, and continued to her secret destination. It was a place she hadn't been in all the years since it happened. The death of her parents was something that had taken a toll on her, and had what made her so tough in the first place. But now, it was as if that veil had gone, and she was her old, vulnerable self. She traveled through the rest of the day and a night, and arrived at the cemetery at dawn.

There was a small place where she had halfheartedly buried her parents' dead bodies, and a place next to it where she had buried her sister when she had died. She didn't know why she buried them, but it was something important to her at the time. She laid down next to the three grave sites, and started to talk. That was were she was during the past couple of weeks. She ate, slept, and talked to her dead family. As far as she knew, there was nothing wrong with it, not having to gotten to know them very much in the first place, all she had left was their decaying corpses, and at least it was something. Her other alive sister, well, she didn't know where the hell she was, and they weren't exactly on good terms. She really could care less about her.

And now, being back home, she had arrived just in time for a storm to come. But there was a good thing about her arrival time. Her daughter was out and about, and there was a unicorn she had never seen by her. She heard her speak, and she was getting fluent (well, sort of) and her words put a smile on her hard features. She moved towards the couple, calling out her daughter's name in a soft voice. She had missed her, and it was the first time she had felt that way. But things with Rhiannon were always like this: everything about her was a first for her mother, who was truly in love with what she had brought into the world.

"Rhiannon my sweet, come here, we need to get to shelter before the storm hits." A glance at the stallion, and for once, no venom in her eyes. She couldn't act how she normally would in front of her child, at least, not yet. "You're welcome to come with us stallion, to avoid the storm. Elizabeth, a Corporal, and this is my daughter, Rhiannon."

OCC: LOOK ELIZABETH'S ALIVE :D I had to make up a back story, because she can't just wonder away without an excuse

Words

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
We Talked
Together Sharpening a Knife
Like Killing Partners for a Life
Hey, We can Hide the Bodies on the Ride Home
Even as the large male's head turned towards her direction, a clear indicator that he had heard her pleading words, Rhiannon remained where she had been standing. She was uncertain if she should continue to approach, as surely there were those who wouldn't enjoy the company of a child... Crowley's wisdom rang in her ears, the Weaver's teachings settling in early that not everyone could be trusted, especially those without horns upon their brows.

Still...

'Of course. Why are you alone, little one?' The painted stag's words were welcome for the brindled princess to hear, and immediately the tuft of her frosted tail gave a flick of genuine happiness. Dual-colored eyes brightened considerably, and for the briefest of moments Nonnie forgot about the rain. But only for a moment.

"I was out playin'," came the uncertain reply, one dark hoof daring a step closer, "And I didn't realize what time it was. Then, it started rainin', and now it's dark, and... I can't find my way home." At the admittance, Rhiannon's head lowered as if in shame, her hoof idly digging into the soggy ground beneath her very body. Would this handsome stallion laugh at her and send her on her way? Or would he understand her plight and be willing to help? Did he know her father? Maybe he did.

Before she could say much else to this draft, another voice drifted through the air, one that Rhiannon would always recognize. It was ingrained in her memory since the day of her birth, those sweet and loving vocals that were meant only for her. No one else would receive such words of kindness from this newcomer, and that made the filly feel special. Turning her head, Rhiannon immediately spotted Elizabeth, gold and silver eyes brightening with joy as she recognized the silver-hued form of her mother.

"Mama!" Rhiannon cried with joy, giving her tiny head a toss. Throughout her short life, Elizabeth was a rare sight. Even though she was a Corporal, other duties stole the mare away, and it was because of this that Rhiannon often spent her time with Crowley and Talbot, nestled in the warmth of their cave. Promptly the filly turned, lanky legs somehow stepping over themselves so that she could trot to her mother's dark side, and upon reaching the Corporal, Rhiannon brushed her cheek affectionately against Elizabeth's chest. "I missed you, Mama. It's cold out; can we go home?"

Yet, Elizabeth instead turned her inquiries to the painted draft unicorn who had been so kind to her, and Rhiannon did the same. Her tail flicked again, just once, and she smiled brightly. "Please do," she beckoned, hoping that this nice stallion would agree, "It's really cold, and wet, and stuff... Come with us!"

[ooc: I'm so, so, SO sorry on the wait, guys. ;-; Things are just super hectic right now. <3]

Hidden Account

The filly explained her reasoning of being out in the night cold, her mispronounced words crafting a gentle smile across his mug. She dipped her antlered face toward the ground, revealing the faint silver markings across her back that squiggled down her sides. That pattern, he knew it from somewhere. She continued on, her small voice reached out to him easily. "Don't be ashamed, it's in your nature to wander." He let out a small chuckle, watching her tiny hoof etch it's way deeper into the frozen ground.

Another set of hooves crunched the permafrost from a distance, a mare that shared the same coloring as the filly moved toward the pair. She called out to the small body, referring to her as Rhiannon. The filly jumped toward her mother happily. A sense of relief fled over the male as the two rejoined. Who knew what would happen if the wrong unicorn stumbled upon the pair and thought something was wrong.. his luck lately that that exact situation would come up.

He lifted his head to shoulder height again, the warm smile still plastered against his face at the sight of the happy youngster. Her small tail bobbed back and forth happily for a split second, making him chuckle again. Who knew foals would have such an effect on the boring stud. He considered wandering back into the Basin, finding his home, and hopefully hearing of Arah. She probably wanted nothing to do with him at this point, being that she had just returned to the Basin before he had made the stupid mistake of attacking the feathered mare. His attention flowed from the mother and child to the white horizon of snow.

The black mare with distinct markings that crossed her spine and rib cage spoke, bringing his dark blue eyes back to the pair. She invited him along, introducing herself as Elizabeth. Both of their named stained a small spot in his brain. His eyes shifted down to the foal, Rhiannon, as she insisted on him following. "Thank you, Elizabeth and Rhiannon. I'd appreciate joining you two."