the Rift

[OPEN] this way, that way, the other way
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

Once upon a time, there was a Prince called Mauja. He caused mischief together with his dearest body servant, Morgan, and liked to chase the court ladies. He was not so fond of doing what he had to, but listened to his lectures all the same, then promptly forgot about most of it while coming up with some other grand adventure. Decent at duels and fleet of foot at dancing, most ladies looked past his childish attitude, and his male companions had forever given up on making something worthwhile of him. Yet it could not be said that Prince Mauja was evil, or selfish out of a desire to walk upon the backs of others, but rather simply because he was not the most intelligent, and kind of lazy. Did his spoiled behavior sometimes harm someone else? Perhaps. Was it ever intentional? No. Despite his vices and many flaws, Prince Mauja was rather kind, though he seldom expressed it, because he did not know how. It was not a desire to do good by his people that drove him, but rather the notion that it was his birthright.

And then one day, Prince Mauja woke up far, far from home and everyone he met since then either thought he was someone else called Mauja, or they were outright stupid.

"The end," I mutter sarcastically to myself, striding away across the meadow with annoyance written plainly across my speckled body. The thistles and tall grasses gradually fade as I waddle north, the trees crowding in on my right but none of them are the tall, majestic pine of my much missed home. I sigh, and force myself to not stop just because this patch of grass looked juicy. As it's obvious by the curve of my barrel, I've gained a few pounds I definitely don't need, and while being a bit fat is one thing.. no need to make it even worse, but it was hard, when eating was all that seemed worthwhile even if it the grass was tasteless and bitter. Yet it had somehow managed to obliterate the shape of my ribs, covering it with a thin roll of fat I pretended wasn't there. I was happier if I didn't acknowledge the fact that I was a bit chubby.

I force myself past the patch without even taking a single bite — I don't know why I always did it, trying to fill the void inside with grass.. oops; my concentration slipped and my mood shifted, and here I am with a few slivers sticking out between my dark lips. Groaning under my breath I chew them up and swallow, trying not to linger on the effects it'll surely have. It didn't even taste well.. not like home.. and here I go again, almost blubbering like a boy with a scraped knee. Emotions. Why do I get them? I genuinely miss home, all the familiar faces, but this is really the only one that has ever punched its way into my being this way. Oh, right, I got angry sometimes. I felt cheated of things, and Grandfather Mordo passing away made me feel a bit blue for a while. But nothing, nothing, sat this deep in my soul and ached in a way I couldn't shut out properly.

And to top it all off, the sun is dying away again, the last rays clinging to the darkening sky but I know it'll slip out of sight, and I'll be cold and alone again. Morgan won't come by with a night meal and some splendid company, nor will he settle down to rest his back against mine after he thinks I've fallen asleep and won't notice — no, it'll just be the bitter wind blasting against my skin and cooling my body in a most uncomfortable fashion. And here I go again; grass in my mouth as my long legs still swing me north, and tears leaking out of my eyes.

I just want to go home. Instead, I'm diving headfirst into disaster.

[ as a note! xP he's too dumb to know he's approaching territory (he'd just be like "oh horses :o MAYBE THEY CAN GET ME HOME /runs in" anyway), and it's up to you how far you want to let him go before intercepting him. right now I'd say he's not across the definite border but yea if you want to watch him cross it you can ;P ]

Mauja the Frostheart</style>
            Bleeding</style>

image by slalit @ flickr.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
</style>

I am always on the look out for princes. Or queen. Or kings. Anyone, really; anyone who can take me far, far away from here. Away from Mama, and Ru and the watchful eyes of Stella. I'm not a baby you know. I'm Raeden, and I have magic, I'm probably a really excellent fighter as well. And beautiful. Don't forget beautiful (did I mention I have magic?); so basically you can see why I don't belong here among smelly mercenaries. Ewww; Mama tells me'n Ru stories about when we lived in the Woods. The woods! Can you even imagine? Anyways, I know that I have to endure this petty life, before my Prince will come - that way, he'll see me as modest and enlightened (I think...something like that..).

My thoughts shift instantly as a white stallion marvelously comes into view. Already, I can feel my adrenaline begin to surge, as I tell myself that this is it! Today is the day! He's a little....spotty, for my taste, but that's alright! Quite alright! My heart beats faster as I dance forward from the grove of trees I was strolling through - I am careful to ensure that while my gait may look effortless, that in reality I am carefully placing each step, to maximize and emphasize my excellent confirmation. Thank you, Daddy! Mama's Arabian lines give me nice sexy curves, but Daddy's make me looong and lushly lean. I toss my horn head slightly, hoping the light bounces off my iridescent horn, as I force my wavy mane to fall in loose cascades down to my shoulders. I'm sure I look really stunning, as I prance forward to meet him (in fact, I know I do. I've practiced).

My silver-flecked sea-green gaze washes over him approvingly. The spots actually aren't so bad; one of them sort of looks like a smiling face ,actually (but maybe that's just the angle). He hasn't quite crossed the boundaries into our land....Ah! Then it hits me: Maybe he isn't a prince at all! Maybe he's an intruder! Well! I'll be prepared either way! Confidently, I halt on the perimeter of the Foothills, my horned head held high. Licking my lips, I flick my tail and stomp my hoof into the soil, to catch his attention. ohmygodwhatdoIsay?! Panic. Panic. Panic.

"Hey there sugar" They are my mothers words, and they are falling from my lips. I realize, they don't sound half bad. Mama is better at this than me, but if he is my prince, it won't matter. Snorting, I again toss my head, causing a creamy lock of mane to gently fall around the base of my horn, as my eyes appraise the stallion eagerly.

You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

[ lmfao Raeden <3 ]

I feel like I could walk headfirst into hell and not notice. Misery clings to my soul like flesh clinging to bones, a faint, crystalline stream of tears blur my eyes; my heart, it aches, every part of me yearning for home... My dark muzzle swings lower, teeth grasping blades of grass and ripping them off, crushing them. Eventually it slithers down my throat, and as I lower my head for another bite, my frosted hooves sinking into drying earth, I freeze.. like a prey thinking it might be spotted by a predator. Something pale approaches, graceful and elegant, like a ghost, a white deer, something; the sun is dying and paints the skies with red, and I wonder if she's come to take my soul away. Maybe I'll go with her, if she offers... I don't want to stay here anymore. I just want to go home.

Frozen in place, all tensed up, my head halfway to the ground, I watch as she dances closer. She's so young, but it makes sense, doesn't it? Maybe she only gets younger and younger, drinking the life that's left in our veins to renew herself -- immortal, beautiful, I don't know what. I'll dance with her if she wants me to, and give myself up to her. I want to escape this hell -- I'm desperate for it, and as she places herself upon the border, her lean, youthful frame so confident, I wonder if I've not found myself outside the doors of death. I peer at the landscape behind her; it doesn't seem too bad. I could live there, I guess, if it would only cure me of my sadness.

She stamps her hoof and I raise my head, thinking I'd best heed the wishes of this spirit, this guardian, this blood-drinker, killer, reaper, judge, whatever she is; she's nothing like the stupid princess I met a few days ago. The last rays of the sun make her a burnished orange lined in crimson, her horn shimmering and catching my attention -- I'm mesmerized, and her voice is like a soothing purr, a call for death and sleep and relief. Guilt niggles at my brain. Father would disapprove of me walking into the arms of death, but Father isn't here, and I'm not there, and I just want to be home but if I can't, I want to at least stop feeling these things which plague my soul so. I realize I've stopped crying, the salt dry on my cheeks but the wind feels raw against my eyes. I blink as I draw a little closer, graceful despite my slight chubbiness.

"Who are you?" I whisper breathlessly, advancing slowly, afraid she'll startle and take flight, turn into a dove and leave me here, heavy and earthbound, but I want to come closer, to touch her.. Perhaps what would've been a better thing to ask, but I'm not sure it matters, all I know is that I want to disappear with her, to whatever land she calls home. That is all I want; no desire, no lust, plagues my mind and body, for even though I suspect she's terribly old, she still has the body of a child. And honestly, I'd much rather be home or knocked senseless then finding another hollow means of trying to drown my misery.

[ I think he might be in for a rude awakening? XD ]

Bleeding</style>

</style>

...WAIT.

Just wait a second. Is he crying? From this angle, it sort of looks like he is. ...do... Princes do that? I roll this idea around uncertainly in my mind. On the one hand, I've never really met a prince before, so I can't really be sure. Maybe this is what Mama means about stallions being sensitive? I always thought sensitive meant when your rub up against a tree too hard, or you get a rock stuck in your hoof - 'cuz then it's sensitive. Oh! That must be it! Joy floods through me as I suddenly understand what is going on here: My prince is hurt! Well, of course he is! Because I can heal; and how would I be able to show him my magic, unless he was injured!

I am ecstatic now. A prince, and I get to be the hero.

I dance closer, and now can see that he is no longer crying - my sweet prince, trying to be brave for me. It simply warms my heart to see him so....or at least, I think it does. I'm not sure, all I can feel is a sort of knot of happiness in my throat. But later, when I tell Ru about this, I will tell her that it warmed my heart, to see him putting on a brave face for me. He walks towards me slowly - probably he's trying to figure out how he will retail this story later to his friends too. Maybe he even has a twin, for Ru (Gods, I do everything for her)!

Now he is asking who I am. A million things flood my mind; shall I tell him I am a princess? But no...I remember Mama telling Ru and I a story about that...the girl tells the prince she is a princess and of course they fall in love. But then her evil step-mother tells the prince that she isn't a princess and so she has to run away. But...in the end he doesn't care anyways. Will my prince be like that? My silver-flecked eyes wash over him, as I try to appear thoughtful and wise. I move towards him, trying to appear as light on my feet as I can. "I am Raeden." I say, trying to make my name sound as foreign and mystical as I can. As I move closer to him, lightning seems to course through my veins -(or maybe it's my magic!). "I am here to heal you" I say, trying to inject my voice with maturity and poise.

I look at him as if I have been expecting him, that he has come to me, even though I came forward to meet him. Now that he is closer, his spots aren't so bad; maybe when have grown old together, I will look at him fondly and say, "You know..." and tell him how I disliked his spots at first, but how they have grown on me. Even now they are growing on me (sort of...but a few less would be better).

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

She's so beautiful, like something radiant, almost hurting my eyes -- some part of me, the more romantic part likely, says that I am not worthy to look upon such beauty, ragged and chubby as I am, but then I scoff mentally at myself. Really, Mauja? You, not worthy? You're always worthy because, well, you're you. This young girl, she's breathtaking with the sunset touching every plane of her body and glowing along every curve, every line, and I wonder if beauty will ever be the same to me after this. She's so light upon her feet, dancing closer, the sway of her body a rhythm to lull me to sleep I am sure, but I do not want to fight it. I want to go wherever she takes me, for it must be beautiful there, and I let her come to me, shuffling forward to jerk closer; I feel heavy next to her, but truth to be told, I would be hard-pressed to ever appear clumsy. I'd have to actively try, and I'm not doing that right now. I just don't get why I would want to appear like a floundering duck.

Raeden she calls herself, and I'm willing to bet it has some meaning mortals would die upon hearing, but it sounds fitting enough -- mysterious, ethereal, like the child's body she possessed. "Raeden," I whisper, feeling her name roll off my tongue, but if anything I make it sound a lot less mysterious, at least to my ears. Because frankly, she's some kind of goddess or sprite or guardian, and I'm just a horse (even if I'm a Prince), so of course I cannot do even her name justice. It's not meant to be spoken by my kind, is it? "I am here to heal you," she says and for a moment I am taken by the wisdom of her voice, the depth of it, the calming tone.. the next moment a small frown creases my forehead. Heal me? I didn't know I needed healing, because I haven't got any injuries, aside from a bruise or two when I've fallen on the unfamiliar terrain, but.. so why would she be here to heal me? Or did I have a cut on my face or something that I couldn't see? But saying "I didn't know I needed to be healed" would be kind of rude, as she had obviously gone out of her way to come to me, and do it.

I mull over it a second longer, the look of half puzzlement, half astonishment still on my face. I am here to heal you... Maybe there is something wrong inside of me, that I can't see? The thought is a bit frightening to be honest (I felt my heart skip a beat, actually), and then it dawns on me.. it must be some kind of ritual phrase! Maybe she doesn't mean it literally, just, kind of, something her kind said to weary travelers they mean to lay to rest. "I am honored, Raeden," I respond, having found my "royal" voice; deep and smooth, it is stable without being loud. Her aura draws me in a step closer, and I blink rapidly, trying to clear the last of the stinging salt from my eyes, though I knew I couldn't get rid of the tracks on my cheeks. Fortunately, I'm more white than dark, so it shouldn't show that much...

Bleeding</style>

</style>

[Sorry!! >.<]

As soon as he speaks my name, I know we are destined to be together. We are in love; I can tell. Already I can hear Ru or Mama saying, You're too young to be in love, or You just met him. And I shall toss my head, already so wise in matters of the heart, and respond that it was love ay first sight. Then I will look down at Ru (Because I am taller), and will say that when she falls in love, she will know what I am talking about. Ooh! I can't wait to say that! But first, my poor Prince.

As he speaks my name yet again, I begin to feel as though my legs are about to give away from underneath me. Has his voice changed? It sounds...deeper, and it causes the oddest feeling in my back legs and my stomach. It isn't unpleasant though...it feels...warm and fluttery somehow. I wonder if it is magic, and he is casting some spell upon me. Silly Prince, I am already yours I think, though as he takes a step closer to me, the feeling suddenly intensifies to a burning heat, and all thought it gone from my mind, save for one: He is going to kiss me.

Is my breath okay? I had eaten clover this morning, so it should be - OHMYGOD. WHATIFTHERE'SFOODINMYTEETH. Suddenly that warm feeling turns cold and prickly - I can't have my first kiss be ruined by some unsightly bit of clover stuck in my teeth! How awful! My mind begins to reel, trying to think up a clever way to check. Coyly, I toss my head, to gently reposition my forelock. At the same time, I take the opportunity to run my tongue over my teeth, to ensure that they are clear of greenery. I am only half sure that I am good, and decide to forgo our first kiss, for now. He will of course kiss me after I heal him - I can wait until then; I will have figured out a way to know for sure, if there is food in my teeth.

"I have come to purify you, my Prince." I say, as if I am some astral bride, sent specifically for him. Taking a deep, rather shaky breath, which I hope he will perceive as great concentration, rather than nervousness on my part, I step towards him, bridging the gap between our bodies. Raising my muzzle slightly, I am once again flooded with heat and excitement. He's so tall! I think dreamily, and all at once I am filled with the desire to press myself against him, and see if his spotted coat is quite as silky as it looks. From this angle, can he see the cloud-like markings on my hindquarters? Has he noticed my dorsal stripe and barring? I hope so - I hope he thinks that I am both beautiful and slightly wild looking.

Moisture seems to appear from the air, as it is funneled and spiraled into my horn. My horn, normally opalescent and shiny, now turns a beautiful twilight purple, as electricity builds up within, ionizing the fluid which I have pulled from the air. The scent produced smells sweet, like the air after a thunderstorm, as the corona discharge begins building and bleeding from my horn. My eyes, now looking more purple than green due to the light cast from my horn, shine brightly and expectantly as I gaze adoringly up at him.

[PERMISSION TO PURIFY MAUJA THE BLEEDING HEART?!?!]

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

[ DON'T BE. AND PERMISSION GRANTED. ]

I'm a fool and I can't find any flaws with her. She's beautiful, she's glorious, and I am nothing but a horse willing to bow before her and kiss her dainty hooves, and bestow upon her any riches she ask me (and I have quite a few, so she need just ask). I don't even know what to do -- I'm content to just stare at her, goddamnit. Maybe that's how it goes? I stare at her until I starve, and then I go to heaven and frolic with her astral shadow, or something. I can barely blink, afraid she'll take off and disappear in a wisp of cloud, a tendril of fog, or dip into a stream (maybe she's going to drown me by making me follow?).. it doesn't strike me as morbid to dream of ways of dying while drinking in her twilit beauty, enchanted, ensnared, by her youthful body and ancient eyes. I get the feeling she could've said anything and I would've just nodded dumbly. It was all going to end anyway, wasn't it?

Her voice is like honey, rich and sweet at the same time, cocooning my mind in a sense of safety, that everything was okay, she was going to take care of me, and- waitwhat. Purify me? For a moment the spell is broken, the moment shattering. Is something wrong with me? Really? Am I sick? Is it something I just don't know about? I feel my pulse pound and my breath stop, and in one anxious moment I try to feel every part of my body at the same time -- is something wrong? Missing? Does it hurt? But I don't feel much different, and in a frenzy to sink back into that soothing frame of mind I decide that this, too, is just a ritual. Or, she'll actually do something, like cleanse me of my sins and send me pure and newborn to heaven.. innocent like a foal. Maybe she'll wipe my memory so I won't miss my family and Morgan so much.

Like a bank of fog she drifts closer upon her pale legs, all grace and beauty despite her youth; my heart skips a beat, knowing that this is it. It's.. it's.. well, what? Will it hurt? Is it a painful process? Suddenly I'm not so sure anymore, even though I try to tell myself to trust -- why should she harm me? She even called me her Prince... Does she know who I am? Is some taint keeping me from going home? I draw in a deep breath, and the air smells like rain on a summer's eve, just as sweet as she. Purple haze fills her horn and throws a light shadow across her golden face; the contrast is beautiful against the burnished light of the sunset, and breathlessly I stare at her.. at her upturned gaze, colored lavender by the cloud within her horn, the crackle of static teasing my ears, just beyond my sensing; something is happening within her horn.. something.. and the air, it smells, feels, like it is building up.. she's going to do something...

HOLYSHIT. Is she really gonna kill me?!
A panicked heartbeat, but it's already too late.

Bleeding</style>

</style>

I think back to the stories that mama would tell Ru and me, about unicorns from fairy tales, and how they would purify and heal things. They normally would touch their horn upon whatever it was, and then bazinga, light would shine, and birds would sing (I think? Maybe she just added in that part for Stella's sake). Breathing in deeply, I take advantage of the situation, and ever so slightly press my shoulder against his. It's like Heaven, this feeling. His fur is soft against mine, and suddenly my mind wants to know what it would be like to nuzzle my cheek against it...But no. I almost forget what I'm doing. Dipping my crown forward, so that the tip of my horn touches just behind his shoulder, I can feel the magic and energy that has built up in my horn, suddenly release. To me, the sensation is almost like I have been holding my breath, and suddenly I have released it. It also feels sort of cold and warm at the same time - tingly. I like it. Or perhaps it's just our blooming love, spilling from him to me, and me to him? That would make sense too.

As the last bit of twilight-colored static jumps from me to him, I reluctantly pull back, breaking the tentative and tantalizing contact. Softly I sigh, for my magic does take a lot out of me, and I shakily step back. Raising my gaze, I notice how dark he suddenly looks, as the sunlight filters down, colouring his coat as if he were some volcanic rock from the Heart, rather than a snowy prince.

I find that I suddenly don't know what to say, as I look upon his handsome face. My knees now shake steadily, both from the use of my energy, as well as the warm buzzing feeling that erupts in my belly whenever he looks at me. I can't think of what comes next in the stories that Mama tells me...isn't...isn't he just supposed to kiss me, and take me away? Things start to feel dizzy, and I realize that his growing darker might not necessarily be a result of the setting sun, but perhaps it is my vision beginning to cloud. Blinking a few times, I sway on my small hooves.

I have a confession to make. I've never used my magic before.

Unsteadily now, I cast a longing and lingering gaze up at my prince, now so beautifully silhouetted against the brilliant sky. Details, which I hadn't notice before, suddenly seem so clear: the line of his jaw against the horizon, the graceful spiral of his horn, and the brilliance of his eyes....Ahh. Stumbling now, I try to steady myself but instead fall forward, as the world slips from beneath my hooves. I can once again feel the lovely soft sensation of his coat, as I slide down his shoulder and to his hooves.

I like the way all of his horns make a pattern, but I do wish he would stop spinning; it isn't very helpful. From down on the ground, he is as tall as a mountain - my Prince. So big and strong.....Oh Prince. Save me.

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

[ sorry for the wait. :x doppel Mau is getting harder on my muse... ]

In that short, panicked moment in time, I somehow have the time to wonder if the reason she puts her horn against my barrel is to funnel her nefarious magic straight into my heart -- to make it a straight path to travel, easier to reach.. what will it feel like, with lavender electricity short-circuiting my system? Quick, and painless? Or a slow, agonizing death as she feeds upon my misery and torment? I don't know what I'm waiting for, but it's like I'm holding my breath, but what I except, some tingle and pain, never comes. Instead, I feel... light, as if a burden has been lifted off my shoulders, like I'm about to take flight and soar through the sunset sky. Life bubbles through my veins like a spring brook, a joyous, melodic laughter spilling from my lips. Am I dead now? Free to take some star-lit path home? A last look at the smiles of my family before I drift away?

I'm so filled up by myself, by this feeling of vigor rushing through my veins, that I don't notice her swaying upon her hooves at first; wind runs through my long, pale locks, my raised head drinking in the oncoming night air. Suddenly that scent of after-a-rain is life itself filling my lungs, perfect and complete, but fading like a dream. Only as she, my savior, stumbles, her narrow, flat shoulder brushing against mine, do I realize not all is well. Concern fills me up like water topping a barrel -- how will she get me home, if she can barely stand?

Or have I been cheated again?

She slides down my legs, her youthful form crumbling into a graceless pile by my foot. What is wrong with her? Is she sick? Did she somehow take something from me? Did the purification mean she'd take all that was wrong with me, and suffer through it herself? But.. nothing had been wrong with me, right? This was just to make sure I was well for the journey, wasn't it?

Cautiously I lower my nose to brush it against her downy shoulder, torn between the two paths by my feet -- either I command her to rise and take me home and stop this nonsense, or.. or I take care of her. But why should I do that? Thoughtfully I trace the arch of her body as she lies on the ground. She feels very solid for an astral being, but maybe it is part of the deal? That I have to care for her, as a mortal can, as she cared for me. Purification, for a guard, some company. Too bad I'm a lousy guard, but I won't let her know that yet. Instead, I raise my eyes to scan the horizon, but all I see is trees, green, more trees, bushes, green, green, green... No evil horses peering out at us from the woodwork.

"I just want to go home," I mumble against her shoulder, lipping apathetically at her long mane. I hadn't counted on this setback of her collapsing at my feet before she could take me back. "I was hoping you'd know the way."

Bleeding</style>

</style>

Nope. She's still out like a light. Imagine though - if she could read Mauja's thoughts? If she could know the way that he misguidedly viewed her? Just imagine how her little heart would burst with joy, if only she knew. Of course, she would use the information to her advantage. She isn't the sexual manipulator that her mother is, but still, young Raeden would know enough to play up Mauja's assumptions. It wouldn't be hard, in fact, all she'd really have to do is continue to be vague, only this time, it would be on purpose. To airily question the meaning of what it is to go home, as if some hidden and wise knowledge were the base of such a question. If she found herself unable to answer any of his inquiries or demands, she could simply remain silent - no, stoic - and act as though his meager mortal wants were simply below her.

Oh yes. But instead, she remains passed out on the grass - drool beginning to fall from her parted lips. Poor thing - she doesn't even know that Mauja has touched her. Twice even.

"Home is...that..way..." She mutters, lost in an unconscious fog, yet still her head tips towards the Foothills. Of course she doesn't know what she's saying - it is merely her subconscious acting on her behalf and answering Mauja's question...While technically it is correct, this is yet another case where if young Raeden knew more of her frosty Prince and the goingson of his mind, she might have answered differently. For if Mauja crossed the threshold and into the Foothills, he really would be purified. Mauja would be rid of whatever shadow was gripping Helovia, and Raeden would lose her prince.

As oxygen-enriched blood slowly cycles back up to her brain, her dewy eye lashes flutter, as consciousness begins to descend. "Hrrngg" She mumbles, as her eye lids fight to reveal her bluey-green gaze. The world is murky at first, covered in a haze as she mentally stumbles to try and regain a lucid mental state. "Prince-" She begins, closing her eye lids with a raw determination, to try and rid the sleep from her vision.

[It can end whenevaaaa :3]

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

[ on one hand, convincing myself to write to this thread is hard. on the other, this thread has potential for so much more awesome D: ]

I suddenly became aware of how fragile she seemed, lying on the grass at my feet -- how small, how.. young, even. I hadn't quite noticed when she stood up, as most are shorter than me anyway, and because I had been blinded by her grace. Of course, I had noticed she wasn't an adult, because I'm not blind, but she'd seemed so mature and confident in herself, my beautiful Raeden, but lying on the grass like this she just seems.. vulnerable. Half of me wants to protect her, stand guard over her, and be the noble son of my noble father, but the other half want to drag her to her feet and march her with me until she takes me home. I hadn't given her leave to collapse before fulfilling her duty, had I?

Even so, I have some ounce of respect for the astral beings. She seems to know the way and points further the way I was heading, into the deepening night, and I sigh. Is the darkness a good thing? Romantic and soft? Or is it a bad thing, hiding the beast which is to end me?

"Come on Raeden," I cajole gently, tugging at her mane and trying to ruffle it with my dark lips. She seems to be stirring somewhat, my beautiful little guide, and I wonder if Morgan would back me if I brought her home with me -- then I remember she's not of this world, but it seemed harder to think with her petite form sprawled ungraciously on the ground like this. She whispers her name for me, my rank, Prince, but I can tell she's not entirely here yet, and keep tugging at her long hair. "Wakey wakey. You've got a way to show me, Raeden." I can only hope she'll rise soon.

Bleeding</style>